Sports Interactive Community
Mr U Rosler

FM13 - Plug & Play Tactic...... "The Hydra" (results, screenshots etc inside)

I just noticed tactic was updated 12.11, should i re-upload the tactic? Still working pretty good with United, 5 points clear of City 1st february top of the league and won all games in the group stage of champ league!

The games i struggle with is the games at home against "poor" sides like Fulham, WBA etc. I really struggle to score against "park the bus" teams. Any advice?

I just noticed tactic was updated 12.11, should i re-upload the tactic? Still working pretty good with United, 5 points clear of City 1st february top of the league and won all games in the group stage of champ league!

The games i struggle with is the games at home against "poor" sides like Fulham, WBA etc. I really struggle to score against "park the bus" teams. Any advice?

Hi, the Tactic remains unchanged, I only updated the progress of my save so dont worry.

In terms of home performances against lower rated teams who 'park the bus', its tricky and quite realistic. Make sure you give a lot of thought to your team talks, especially at half time. If you should be winning and you're not dont be afraid to use the 'angry' tone at home. If you ever see the 'show me something else in the 2nd half' comment always use it!

Also key, watch your strikers very closely, if you see them miss even 1 CCC in the 1st half and their rating is less than 6.8 at half time they will very rarely go on to score in the 2nd half. Either sub them there and then or do what I do which is shout at them and give them 10 minutes to score in the 2nd half, if they don't score sub them at 55 minutes. You will often need to do this with both strikers, dont be afraid to haul them both off on 55 mins and bring 2 fresh players in if need be, it can transform the game.

Hope this helps.

Yea, thanks for the advice.. Also, playing with United my 2 best upfront players are Rvp and Wazza, wich noone of them is a poacher.. Any advice on this? Ive brought in Jovetic from Fiorentina for the Tr. position...

Yea, thanks for the advice.. Also, playing with United my 2 best upfront players are Rvp and Wazza, wich noone of them is a poacher.. Any advice on this? Ive brought in Jovetic from Fiorentina for the Tr. position...

Dont worry about them not being natural poachers, as I noted in an earlier post, the mental attributes seem to ensure that strikers play well in tandem with one coming deep when appropriate.

I assume they are both getting around 20 league goals a season??? They will also likely have a good number assists where they are, basically, setting each other up.

Thats how its been working for me.

Oh no, just as i'm about to load up a new journey man save and use this tactic some posts about it drying up.....

Worried :(

Oh no, just as i'm about to load up a new journey man save and use this tactic some posts about it drying up.....

Worried :(

Dont worry, i'm back in business. Top of Championship and on track for my 4th promotion in a row. (fingers crossed..........)

npowerchampionshipovervu.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Getting worse and worse results now mate.. All crosses from oposition into my box, is a goal. Oposition are extremely effective, only needing 2-3 shots to score 2 goals, i conceed almost 2 goals pr game in average.. Very very weak against 4-2-3-1 with attacking wingers, and also EXTREMELY weak against counters, they ALLWAYS get pass my WB`s. Also, yea, Rvp and Wazza have scored 14 and 18 goals in the league, but given so many oportunities they SHOULD have scored double amount! I dont know mate, lost 4 games in a row now, including at home too Norwich, that had 10 men for almost 30 mins. gettin some strange results now and moral is down the drain..

** Nah, giving up on this tactic. Any tactic that can loose 6 games in a row isnt good enough! Playing De Gea, Kyle Walker and Evra as WB`s, Vidic and Jones as CB`s, Lars Bender as DM, Fellaini and carric in the center, Jovetic as Tr and Rvp and Rooney upfront! This is a champions league champions side!! Loose at home too 10 man Norwich, loose 3-1 too Wigan in the FA Cup semi at Wembley, just too mention a few.. Nah, **** this game.. Take a break unthil patch and hope this ******** is sorted! This game is getting so advanced you actually have to be a real life top manager to handle this ****ing game.....

Getting worse and worse results now mate.. All crosses from oposition into my box, is a goal. Oposition are extremely effective, only needing 2-3 shots to score 2 goals, i conceed almost 2 goals pr game in average.. Very very weak against 4-2-3-1 with attacking wingers, and also EXTREMELY weak against counters, they ALLWAYS get pass my WB`s. Also, yea, Rvp and Wazza have scored 14 and 18 goals in the league, but given so many oportunities they SHOULD have scored double amount! I dont know mate, lost 4 games in a row now, including at home too Norwich, that had 10 men for almost 30 mins. gettin some strange results now and moral is down the drain..

** Nah, giving up on this tactic. Any tactic that can loose 6 games in a row isnt good enough! Playing De Gea, Kyle Walker and Evra as WB`s, Vidic and Jones as CB`s, Lars Bender as DM, Fellaini and carric in the center, Jovetic as Tr and Rvp and Rooney upfront! This is a champions league champions side!! Loose at home too 10 man Norwich, loose 3-1 too Wigan in the FA Cup semi at Wembley, just too mention a few.. Nah, **** this game.. Take a break unthil patch and hope this ******** is sorted! This game is getting so advanced you actually have to be a real life top manager to handle this ****ing game.....

Thats strange, I have just been promoted out of Championship at my first attempt so thats 4 promotions in a row.

I will be in the premier league with a truly appalling squad. It will be very interesting to see how I get on. if your struggling with Man U I should get smashed week in, week out.

I will post some stuff up when I get back from work.

p.s Were you using any shouts?

Dont worry, i'm back in business. Top of Championship and on track for my 4th promotion in a row. (fingers crossed..........)

npowerchampionshipovervu.png

Yes, im very encouraged now! Going to crack on with this :)

I'd stick with it for a bit longer, you should be turning that form around pretty soon.

I've not had many clean sheets, but I havent conceded 3 goals very often.

Put your match prep on tactic only until its fluid, then defending set pieces. Put your team training on 'team cohesion' if you havent done so already.

Good luck

Just started a journeyman save. Got offered the AFC Wimbledon job so im well underway now.

Do you still do this with match prep? if not, what would you recommend? Also what have you done with the training/match prep scheduling bar?

Just started a journeyman save. Got offered the AFC Wimbledon job so im well underway now.

Do you still do this with match prep? if not, what would you recommend? Also what have you done with the training/match prep scheduling bar?

Yes, pre season my priorities are getting fluid with the tactic followed by fitness. I put my Match Training on tactic only and my Team Training on fitness. I move the slider/bar thing so about 80% of your time is spent on match training until I am FULLY fluid with the tactic, then I reverse this when i am FULLY fluid with the tactic.

It will take until September or even October until you are fully fluid with the tactic.

Around the 1st August I change team Training to 'team cohesion' and leave it there for a couple of months.

To clarify

20% Team training/80% Match prep until tactic is fully fluid

then

80% Team Training/20% Match prep for the rest of the season.

Team training I go, Fitness, Team Cohesion, Defending, Attacking then Balanced. Fitness until 1st August, Team Cohesion until 1st Oct then 6 weeks defending, 6 weeks attacking then balanced rest of season.

Match prep I go tactic only until fluid, then 1 month defending set peices, 1 month attacking set pieces, 1 month defending then attacking for rest of season.

I am not saying this is optimal, its just what I do.

Mr U Rosler could you do a player filters please

I don't use player filters.

I use scout reports combined with a bit of common sense.

I pay a lot of attention to mental attributes. i.e if i see a striker with 11 finishing & 9 pace (i.e not generally good enough) but they have very high positioning, composure, determination, influence, team work etc I would definately consider him.

As I look at every attribute, the whole picture, searching on key attributes only wont work for me.

Again, thats just how I do it.

I don't use player filters.

I use scout reports combined with a bit of common sense.

I pay a lot of attention to mental attributes. i.e if i see a striker with 11 finishing & 9 pace (i.e not generally good enough) but they have very high positioning, composure, determination, influence, team work etc I would definately consider him.

As I look at every attribute, the whole picture, searching on key attributes only wont work for me.

Again, thats just how I do it.

iok i was think more for mids. sorry should have said

iok i was think more for mids. sorry should have said

Mids need to be all rounders. min of 10 in as many areas as possible. Sorry to be vague!

Ok,

Just won the Championship. So 4 promotions in 4 years.

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

My form dropped a bit during the run in.

stockportcountyfixtures.png

Salary details

npowerchampionshipstats.png

The squad for those interested

stockportcountysquadpla.png

Now for the Prem...... god help me...........

err.... my wage budget for the Premier League has just been set at £100k per week.......... for the WHOLE squad...........

Started trying, pretty good so far.Changed to your tactic in the mid of the season, results are pretty good.Tried also MrHough's and Braumiller's but this one is the best for now.Let's see how it will go, I'll leave a feedback soon.

good to see dany whitehead still doing it for you

He's been a legend. Minimum of 20 goals every season through all the leagues. He will get games in the Prem but will be my 3rd or 4th choice.

He's been a legend. Minimum of 20 goals every season through all the leagues. He will get games in the Prem but will be my 3rd or 4th choice.
Could you put up a screen shot of Johnny Fenwick as im a wed fan and playing as wednesday please .

Uwe is that you? LOl

Gonna give this a try. Amazing results with Stockport. Can't wait to see how you'll fare in the PL.

I was on a dreadful run of about 3 wins in 30 games with two different sides in the BSP before using this. It took a few games to bed in, but now it is really taking off. I'm not yet dominating possession but do dominate the shot count and am winning regularly. In many ways it reflects the modern game whereby full backs are playing more often up on the halfway line (think Evra, Cole, Janovic, Kolarov) and one of the centre miss anchors to receive the ball. Having two poachers is a bit strange - has anyone tried this by varying the forwards' roles!

Uwe is that you? LOl

Gonna give this a try. Amazing results with Stockport. Can't wait to see how you'll fare in the PL.

Grew up watching Uwe at Maine Road, is a hero of mine (yes, i'm actually a City fan). Was gonna name my kid after him, but turned out to be a girl :lol: ........ there is still time though..........

Tactics like these show they good, unlike some who get amazing results with braca, man utd- city etc well done Mr Uwe Rosler :applause:

Mids need to be all rounders. min of 10 in as many areas as possible. Sorry to be vague!
I know you say you look at different attributes but is pace a must in this tactic?

I know you say you look at different attributes but is pace a must in this tactic?

Pace is always good, but not a must.

The defensive line is quite deep so the CB dont need lots of pace. It would be good for the wingbacks but stamina is more important. DMC, other attributes more important. MC's, i like pace here if I can get it. AMC, pace not really needed. Strikers, I make sure I have at least one quick guy. If both are quick, great. If one is a bigger, stronger guy but not quick, that has also been working as well.

tactic isnt working that good, i got many draws (playing with standard de liege) oh and my strikers never score lol

Premier League mid-October.

A massive step up in class.

englishpremierdivisionox.png

stockportcountyfixturesy.png

My midfield is nowhere near being up to the job. The board had to spend £3 million upgrading our pathetic stadium to Premier League standards so I have only been able to pick up a couple of center backs.

The good news is we're now making £4 million a month profit, i have scouts crawling all over South America. I'm hoping for some cash in January to bring in some quality.

If I can survive this season, banking £30 million profit, i'll be 'avin it large' in the transfer market next summer :brock:

First off this tactic game me some consistency in the run in with Valencia in 3rd season for the first time since I took over and helped me by clinching CL qualification albeit on the last day of season.

Also i was wondering would you change anything when playing the likes of Barca and Real ?

First off this tactic game me some consistency in the run in with Valencia in 3rd season for the first time since I took over and helped me by clinching CL qualification albeit on the last day of season.

Also i was wondering would you change anything when playing the likes of Barca and Real ?

It will always be a struggle against the very top teams. I have found the tactic in its current form to be pretty effective as counter-attacks can be devastating. If you know you will not win the possession battle and will be counter-attacking I would make sure you select your quickest attackers to exploit this. Other than this your just gonna have to ride your luck and hope you take your chances!

Mr u rosier did you test this tactic with non english clubs because its not that difficult to make tactic for english clubs most have best players from the world..?

Mr u rosier did you test this tactic with non english clubs because its not that difficult to make tactic for english clubs most have best players from the world..?

I am guessing you are not English so I will be polite.

I started 'non' League in England and had to get promoted 4 times before I was in the premier league. I assure you the best players in world football are not strutting their stuff in the 5th tier of English football for £500 per week.

Additionally, I am not a tactic 'tester'. In the course of my 20 year career save I developed a tactic which seemed to yield results which should be beyond the ability of my squad so i thought I would share.

If you are looking for a tactic which works with poor players in poor leagues this should work a treat.

Why not try it yourself and see if it works for you?

Think I'll start a save with a lower league side, see how this, always wanted to try it but never been able to make a tactic that worked, this looks like it'll do the business! What kind of attributes are the main ones for each position, or should I just find certain players and do the highlight key attributes?

Think I'll start a save with a lower league side, see how this, always wanted to try it but never been able to make a tactic that worked, this looks like it'll do the business! What kind of attributes are the main ones for each position, or should I just find certain players and do the highlight key attributes?

You will not be able to be that choosy in the lower leagues. Just use your scouts wisely and get the best players you can, steadily improving your squad.

Will definitely be giving this a go at some point when I decide to do a Lower League save

One thing that's enticing me is that the tactic (from what I can see) isn't dependent on specific player filters, it's more down to common sense and finding decent players to fit each position

I'm finding that i'm getting dominated far too often away from home and hardly ever create any chances, it might be because the team isn't gelled yet but i'm still using most players from last season or is this a common occurrence.

I'm finding that i'm getting dominated far too often away from home and hardly ever create any chances, it might be because the team isn't gelled yet but i'm still using most players from last season or is this a common occurrence.

Which team are you?

How many games have you been running the tactic?

Trying this again. Bradford City.

-Just lost 3-0 in the first game despite creating 21 chances to their 11.

-2nd game- both had a similar amount of shots but I won 3-0 !

-3rd game - beat the league leaders 2-1 away

-4th game : won 2-0 at home

5th: won 3-1 away

a tactic worth pursuing at LLF levels. Thanks U Rosler

Trying this again. Bradford City.

-Just lost 3-0 in the first game despite creating 21 chances to their 11.

-2nd game- both had a similar amount of shots but I won 3-0 !

-3rd game - beat the league leaders 2-1 away

-4th game : won 2-0 at home

5th: won 3-1 away

a tactic worth pursuing at LLF levels. Thanks U Rosler

Since I posted that I did not do so well. This is the Overall result from trying this tactic whilst in crisis towards end of season and in 13th place in the league:

played 14

won 8

lost 6

drawn 0

Utterly enthralling end to the regular league season - I was 10th going into the final game and made the play offs in the last 5 minutes thanks to other results.

Since I posted that I did not do so well. This is the Overall result from trying this tactic whilst in crisis towards end of season and in 13th place in the league:

played 14

won 8

lost 6

drawn 0

Utterly enthralling end to the regular league season - I was 10th going into the final game and made the play offs in the last 5 minutes thanks to other results.

Just roll with it for a full season, with a proper pre-season. Its never let me down.

Finished my season with Chelsea. Won the european super cup, the club world championship, the fa cup and the carling cup. Ended 3rd in premiership and lost charity shield and 2nd round CL against munich.

Only signings were jovetic and muzinga (d*mnit, cant remember the dudes name, keep forgetting him, columbian rightwingback aged 26 and plays for serie A team), and in january window kroos from munich).

Could have ended higher in cl and premier league if my squad wasnt so small and hadnt got fitness problems.

I tried it without the shouts, but then it doesnt work for me. i have to use them.

After all, its one of the best tactics out at the moment, and i will keep using him. i feel that if i can get a good backupstriker to replace torres and jovetic when they are exhausted, i will end up challenging big time for the title.

Which team are you?

How many games have you been running the tactic?

I am Valencia, been using it from 4 games at end of last season, all pre season up till where i'm currently at November.

Match engine just updated.......

Interested to see if its a 'tactic killer' and i'll have to go back to the drawing board???

A few things in there which might even help the defensive elements of the tactic........ here's hoping