FM13: Charlie Austin How good

watsonsclarets

Well he deserves his own thread he is starting to repay the faith after his first 5 games with no goals he has started to fire away with 10 in his next 8.

I play him as a poacher next to Sam Vokes i have him to run onto the ball i do not play wingers and i play counter attacking

screenshot20121102at190.png

Is anybody buying this goal machine and how you using him.......

On the BETA (I was Birmingham) and kept an eye on him, due to his real life exploits, and he was the top goalscorer in the Championship for 2 straight seasons, second season I think with near to 30 goals, despite them finishing just above the relegation zone.

Id won the league, and noticed he'd handed in a transfer request... so I bought him in for £4m... and havent regretted it. Had him playing as a poacher, upfront on his own, with two pacey wingers either side, and he scores for fun.

Charlie Austin is still my striker even though I have been promoted to the Prem. I play him as a target man in a 4 2 3 1 formation and although he gets caught offside a lot and gets a lot of goals disallowed he has scored 20 league goals in the prem.

He'll definitely be at another club in Jan ... Sadly. Maybe we should use the money to re sign JayRod

He used to build walls.

he stats for me season 4 finally got promoted i play him as lone striker behind a amc he has no creative freedom at all.

136 games 80 goal (including a hat trick 1st game in prem against Fulham)

screenshot20121122at180.png

here are his attributes start of 4 season in game

screenshot20121122at180.png

glad i tuned down £10.75m for him now...

Archived