FM13: FC Anji Makhachkala (Is it Anzhi or Anji?)

Albanian_Kid

Welcome to the FC Anji Makhachkala Thread

200px-Anzhi_Makhachkala.png

Brief History

The club was founded in 1991 by former FC Dynamo Makhachkala player Magomed-Sultan Magomedov, then head of Dagnefteprodukt, and took part in its first season in the Dagestan League the same year. They ended up asleague champions with an unbeaten record and 16 wins out of 20 matches. Due to the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the club entered Zone 1 of the Russian Second Division (the third-highest tier) in 1992 and finished in 5th place. The club won their Group in 1993, but due to league reorganisation were not promoted, and remained in the new Western Zone of the third tier until a second-place finish in 1996 guaranteed promotion to the First Division, under the coaching of Eduard Malofeev. A key player in Anzhi's early history was Azerbaijani international forward Ibragim Gasanbekov, who was the team's top scorer in all of their first seven seasons. He was league top scorer in 1993 (30 goals) and 1996 (33 goals).

In 1999 Anzhi won the First Division, and were thus promoted to the Russian Premier League for the first time.[4] The side missed out on a bronze-medal finish on the last day of the season, as they conceded a last-minute Torpedo penalty which took their opponents into third place. Anzhi's fourth-place finish in 2000 remains their highest-ever finish. On 20 June 2001, the club played in the final of the Russian Cup for the first time, losing to Lokomotiv on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Anzhi finished 15th and were relegated from the Premier League in 2002, but during their first season back in the First Division they reached the semi-finals of the Russian Cup where they lost 1-0 to Rostov. In their seventh season in the First Division, Anzhi won the league and returned to the Premier League. On 5 December 2010, defender Shamil Burziyev died in a car accident, aged 25.

On 18 January 2011, the club was purchased by Dagestani billionaire Suleyman Kerimov, but later it was revealed that the President of Dagestan, Magomedsalam Magomedov met Kerimov and gave him a 100% stake in the club, including 50% of the shares of the former owner of the club Igor Yakovlev, in exchange for financial support. Kerimov is planning to invest over $200 million in infrastructure, of which a substantial amount will go in building a new stadium with a capacity of more than 40,000 spectators, which will meet all UEFA requirements. Kerimov's investment was immediate as the club made signings in the 2011 Winter transfer window . The first significant signing came on 16 February, when the club announced the free transfer of Brazilian left-back Roberto Carlos, a World Cup winner in 2002. Further signings included €10 million on another Brazilian, the former Corinthians midfielder Jucilei da Silva and €8 million on Moroccan winger Mbark Boussoufa from Anderlecht. Boussoufa's transfer was finalised in the last minute of the window, on 10 March. In summer 2011, the club signed the Hungarian Balázs Dzsudzsák, who signed a four-year deal to transfer for a reported €14 million.[14] Anzhi also bought Russian midfielder Yuri Zhirkov from Chelsea for a similar fee. On 23 August 2011, Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o signed from Inter Milan for around €28 million, on a world-record €20.5 million annual salary. In February 2012 the club appointed the experienced Dutchman Guus Hiddink as a new manager,[17] after Yuri Krasnozhan's two month-long spell in charge. Hiddink's first signing was Congolese defender Christopher Samba, joining for £12 million from Blackburn Rovers. On 30 January 2012, Roberto Carlos announced his plans to retire at the end of the season.He ended his soccer career on 9 March and took up a role as the club's Director. On 10 October 2012, Anzhi opened a youth academy, the first in the Republic of Dagestan in order to develop youth talents to the first team. The academy is being run by Anzhi's Sporting Director Jelle Goes.

AnjiHonours.png

Stadium_Dinamo_Makhachkala.jpg

Stadium

Due to armed conflict in Dagestan, the club’s players live and train in a village near Moscow, at a training base previously used by Saturn Moscow. The club fly in for home matches, which have a heavy security presence. The club's 15,200-seat Dynamo Stadium was built in 1927, and due to its facilities is not used in European competition, for which Anzhi use the Lokomotiv Stadium in Moscow. A high-priority goal of Kerimov when he purchased the club was the construction of a new 40,000 seater ground. (Note: in last seasons save a new stadium was built fairly soon sometimes as soon at the end of the first season)

Squad and Staff Analysis

Squad

Goalkeeper:

FM-ANJIGKs.png

Summary- Gabulov will serve as your number one easily, while his eccentricity is a concern hes a fairly solid keeper even earning himself a call-up in real life to the Russian National Team, Pomazan will serve as a good back-up and look to play him in game with little meaning to prevent discontent for a lack of playing time

Left Fullback: ????

Summary- There is currently no natural left back at the club, so if you plan on not making signings the most ideal choice would be to have the Russian international Zhirkov in there (who is more suited to be a winger), other options are Tagirbekov, and Gadjibekov who are natural center backs

Right Fullback:

AnjiRBS.png

Summary- Logashov should be your first choice despite his age, he is actually a very solid prospect too for the future which is good as he is Russian versatile too capable of playing across the back, you do not have the greatest in cover though as Agalrov should be shipped off as early as possible, keep in mind that Diarra, and Juceli can also play as RB

Center Backs:

ANJIcbs.png

Summary- This was a position in which Anji struggled with, but has mad some huge strides in the last season mainly due to the arrival of Christopher Samba from Blackburn, he is without a doubt your best center back and along with Eto'o should serve as the number one choices in their respective position, I would look at one of the Russians to play alongside Samba, I personally like Gadjibekov due to his high pace for a CB in my past saves he would garner intrest from some European Heavyweights like Man City, Ewerton and Carlos can provide good cover for Samba but id look to sell one or the other down the line

Midfielders:

FMCMDM.png

Summary- Jucilei, and Diarra will serve as your primary central/defensive midfielders here, Jucilei serves as an great all around midfielder, as does the experienced Diarra. Ahmedov has yet to be given a boost despite his good form ever since joining Anji he was linked with Arsenal in real life so dont understand why they really haven't made significant changes to him, but still can serve as a solid back-up, Gabulov is an average all around midfielder, serves as a solid back-up to Jucilei, and Diarra he may be one of your starters if you are having issues in filling out the Russian quota

Attacking Midfielders:

AnjiCAM.png

Summary- Mbark Boussoufa will easily be your best player if you are playing with an attacking midfielder, Shatov like most the other Russians in the side is average at best

Left Winger:

AnjiLW.png

Summary-Fairly strong in this position with Zhirkov and Carcela fighting over this position, I would personally go with Zhirkov as hes the more experienced player while Carcela does have youth on his side he has very poor stamina and tires out by the middle of the second half , this is one of the positions Id suggest you do not make any changes too

Right Winger:??????

Summary- Like LB you do not have any natural right wingers, so if you plan on not making any signings, look at Carcela to start their who is naturally a left footed left winger (he was capable of playing with both feet last season), Lakhiyalov is another name but I wouldn't recommend him

Strikers:

ANJIStrikers.png

Summary- Eto, and Traore are obviously your best options here, the other two are merely here because they are Russian while they are not certainly terrible at best they are average and neither one comes close to Eto'o or Traore

Recommended Signings:

Left back and right wing should be your priorities without a shadow of doubt seeing as you have no natural left backs or right wingers in the side

For Left back take a look at Vitaly Denisov and Georgi Schennikov

Denisov is Uzbekistani but Russian as his second nationality so he can help fill the quota all the while help towards the LB issue shouldn't cost more than 4.5 million, at the very worst Denisov serves as a solid back-up as he shouldnt demand more than 20k per week in wages

Schennikov is one of the best LB prospects in the game, big plus he is also Russian unlike past seasons it seems that Schennikov is gettable from the very first season, his asking price is around 17million (pounds)

Staff

I am not really going to bother listing the staff you start out with, without a doubt release everybody on the staff, you can easily find much better and suitable candidates to fill out the vacancies, the only staff member i'd suggest you might keep would be your Assistant Manager Zeljko Petrovic mainly due to his 4 star defensive coaching but its not as if you cant find 4 star coaches so id still look at getting rid of him personally

Recommended Staff

One of the major reasons to have Brazil loaded up will be due to the staff you can get from Brazil, a good amount of them wont have clubs either so you can no transfer fee will be involved when they switch clubs

Assistant Manager- Murtosa, Brazilian w/o a club good motivating, and good in tactics

Coaches- Chico Fraga (Attacking/Ball Control/Shooting), Batista Dos Santos (Defending)

Fitness Coaches- Winsper, Luis Cassiano

Head of Physio-Bottino (Will have to pay a transfer fee under 100k)

Head of Youth Development- ???

Physios- File, De Souza

Head of Scouting Department- de Albuquerque

Scouts- Tosh Farrell, Gilmar Francisco

Goalkeeping Coaches- Celio Rossi, Roberto Barbosa (both will require a transfer fee but both are 4.5 star coaches)

Summary and Russian Quota Rules

Summary

It is obvious that you have chosen Anji for their rich footballing culture and rich history *sarcasm* only reason you are here is for the money, while the money to play around with is fun their are some stumbling blocks particularly in the start of your save. Despite the money it is difficult to attract top talent due to not being traditionally a big club (not even in Russia), it is even more difficult to attract top Russian talent, as you need them to fill the quota required for every Russian League/Cup game you play in. With all that said in the end you still serve as one of the better sides in the RPL, and imo can honestly challenge for the title (much like IRL) with Zenit proving as your main rival, you will have to be overly dependent on your attack to carry you along with your other foreign players to pick up the slack of the current crop of fairly average Russian players. Your main weakness atm would be the fullbacks but that can be fixed quickly with the money you get in the first season (see my recommended signings)

FM-expectations.png

Russian Quota

Russian League (This doesn't apply to European competitions) rules state that you can have at max 7 non-Russian players on the pitch at all times (so a minimum of 4 Russian players on the pitch at all times), players with a secondary Russian nationality do count towards the quota, so players like Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim) , Merkel (Genoa) , Rausch (Hannover) , Vitaly Denisov (Dniporo), would not count as foreigners if you have them on the pitch during a Russian League match....As for tips filling out your squad it should be much easier than last season since they have increased the amount of non-russian players by one, imo with the current squad you should have at least 4 Russians in the back-line along with the goalie, Logashov should serve as your primary RB, Tagirbekov/Gadjibekov should serve as the CB alongside Samba, Zhirkov or Gadjibekov (who can play across the back-line) would be your best canidates to play at LB if you dont want to make any signings at LB (if you do look at my recommended signings)

so anyone played a save with Anji yet???

just did the double in my first season, my side isnt turning out the way I hoped, breaking the bank for Schennikov set me back in my first season had to sell off depth players, now im using the new transfer kitty for the season to fill out my squad, but at the same time I guess I cannot complain as Dzageov was offered to me for around 10 million but at the time I didnt have enough money so when I went to try and sign him CSKA are now asking for 60mil+ when one of these top Russian talents become affordable I guess you will have to go all in

I might start a new save and see if I can get Dzageov on a free this time, as so many have been able to do it....he signs an extension right away in the current save I have and in a previous one I had

I played as Anji on FM12, cracking save. Took me 4 seasons to eventually win the Champions league, ha ha ha.

I know you mention that the Russian league requires a quota of Russian players in every starting 11, but I think you should highlight it just to make more people aware.

My solution to this was to have an all Russian defence (inc goalkeeper). And then flood midfield and attack with foreign stars who I could actually attract and who could actually keep hold of the ball or do something with it, meaning my Russian defence was not put under too much pressure.

The Russians I signed for defence were:

Kozlov (DR)

Granat (DL / DC)

Yarmelenko (DL/DR)

Cherenchikov (DC)

Combine these with the Russian players already at your disposal; Targibekov (who was my club captain and lead the team to champions league glory), Gadjibekov (who was a a regular starter for the Russian National team) and Zhirkov who I played at left back I felt pretty well covered in defence.

If I was playing this save now I'd sell the foreign CB's to raise some cash, buy a few more Russian defenders, buy some back up for Diarra and Jucilei for the DM position.

By doing this you can play either of these formations:

-------GK-------

DR--DC---DC--DL

-------DM-------

----CM---CM----

AMR---------AML

-------ST-------

Or

-------GK-------

DR--CD---CD--DL

----DM---DM----

-----------------

AMR---AMC---AML

--------ST-------

I played both of those formations to great success, using the first one for home games and using the second one for away games. The second one provided more cover for defence, but allowed counter attacking football.

I edited the post to include the Russian Quota Rule, as tmason said your best bet in building your side while fulfilling the quota rule is to have your defense mainly Russian based, and the attack consisting for foreigners, it is currently how the side is based now with the likes of Eto, Traore, and Boussofa serving as your better attackers....that is not to say that their are not any good Russian attackers their if you can get Dzageov like I had the chance to then by all means you should go for it, Rausch has also served me well in past games, Mamaeav (sp? midfielder from CSKA Moscow) is also another good player to go after if you have the chance to

thanks for the pointer it is something I should have addressed more not to mention they have changed the rule that their is now a limit of 7 foreigners max on the pitch compared to the 6 last season

It's a limit of 7 foreigners now? Well that make's things a little easier this year round.

Originally posted by Albanian_Kid

I edited the post to include the Russian Quota Rule, as tmason said your best bet in building your side while fulfilling the quota rule is to have your defense mainly Russian based, and the attack consisting for foreigners, it is currently how the side is based now with the likes of Eto, Traore, and Boussofa serving as your better attackers....that is not to say that their are not any good Russian attackers their if you can get Dzageov like I had the chance to then by all means you should go for it, Rausch has also served me well in past games, Mamaeav (sp? midfielder from CSKA Moscow) is also another good player to go after if you have the chance to

Yes, Mameav and Dzageov are good, young attack minded Russians. I only found on last years games it was expensive getting hold of them. And if I am not mistaken Dzagoev has just signed a brand new contract in real life. I know this wasn't reflected in the beta, but I imagine it is in the full game, so it's going to be tough to get hold of him in the 1st season or two. Oooohhh, and Rausch, I wanted him so much, but never get hold of him, ha ha ha.

My best bit of advice is to look out for regens coming from the smaller clubs. Unless things have changed you can effectively steal 16 year old players from other Russian clubs and pay tiny amounts of compensation. I did this with a Russian striker and Central midfielder. I paid £6k compensation for both of them, by the time they were 18 they were in the first team, by the time they were 19/20 they were making international appearances and were key players for both the national side and club. It means having an extensive scouting network but it's worth it.

Dzagoev is a free in the game depending on what month the game starts from if you start from England (or any league that has you start in July) you can get him on free for the winter window, that's what I did I started the game in England and picked Anji, the media surprisingly linked him to a move with me, after doing my initial interview I said I was interested in signing him then approached him for a contract and would you believe it I got him to come in the winter....even if you dont land him he seems to be available as CSKA dont play him (they do have Honda), and seeing as hes 21/22 he demands playing time and rightfully so in my past experience he goes for 14-15million when hes transfer listed you can usually sell Boussoffa for that amount (or usually more if hes been playing well for you) to fund the transfer if you are in need of the money

and that is another good piece of advice concerning the "poaching" :D of Russian talents, I was beginning to do that in last seasons save as I would have a surplus of the transfer kitty and would just use to buy the Russian regens to fill up the youth ranks, I never went as far to the point where they were making the first team but it is a important word of advice, if you plan on having a 4+ year save with Anji then I would almost say it is required that you do this to fill out the CL HG rule and help towards the Russian quota rule when you play in the RPL as arguably your two best Russian players in Tagirbekov and Zhirkov are near the decline of their career

Dzagoev is a free in the game depending on what month the game starts from if you start from England (or any league that has you start in July) you can get him on free for the winter window, that's what I did I started the game in England and picked Anji, the media surprisingly linked him to a move with me, after doing my initial interview I said I was interested in signing him then approached him for a contract and would you believe it I got him to come in the winter....even if you dont land him he seems to be available as CSKA dont play him (they do have Honda), and seeing as hes 21/22 he demands playing time and rightfully so in my past experience he goes for 14-15million when hes transfer listed you can usually sell Boussoffa for that amount (or usually more if hes been playing well for you) to fund the transfer if you are in need of the money

and that is another good piece of advice concerning the "poaching" :D of Russian talents, I was beginning to do that in last seasons save as I would have a surplus of the transfer kitty and would just use to buy the Russian regens to fill up the youth ranks, I never went as far to the point where they were making the first team but it is a important word of advice, if you plan on having a 4+ year save with Anji then I would almost say it is required that you do this to fill out the CL HG rule and help towards the Russian quota rule when you play in the RPL as arguably your two best Russian players in Tagirbekov and Zhirkov are near the decline of their career

If Dzagoev is still available on a free, like you say, then that is pretty sweet.

Yer I ended up playing with Anji for 5 seasons before leaving them for Spurs. Whilst with Anji I had a cracking rivalry with Zenit St. Petersberg. In my 4th season had a cracking final against them in the Russian Super Cup, one of the best games I've ever witnessed on FM. Shame I ended up losing:lol: Also had a cracking rivalry with them off the pitch, often going head-to-head against each other trying to sign the same players.... It was always a gutting experience seeing one my attempted signings scoring against me, ha ha ha.

All in all, that Anji save was one of my favourites yet.

I have just started a save with Anji, i have never done a foreground sugar daddy team before and thought if i was i would do it in a inferior league. Can anyone advise me on how i can go about building a strong club (not squad) which will eventually become sugar daddy redundant.

I have just started a save with Anji, i have never done a foreground sugar daddy team before and thought if i was i would do it in a inferior league. Can anyone advise me on how i can go about building a strong club (not squad) which will eventually become sugar daddy redundant.

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean sugar daddy redundant in the sense that you're not reliant on large transfer budgets from the chairman to take the club forward? Or you want to avoid signing players in the future who are just coming for large pay packets and don't actually perform that well in the games?

Ideally both. I am hoping to take advantage of the sugar daddy to establish the club to a top euro team and then by then hopefully built a strong youth academy (then rely on money i make through sales rather than the cash injections.

I have just got through a couple of the league games and found that they (the board) have been extremely unwilling to invest in transfers youth academy or pretty much anything. Might be a longer journey than i expected.

I have never really looked in to youth development before so this is a massive change for me, never done the russian league neither.

Should be a fun journey!

In real life they opened up the first youth academy in the region of Dagestan, so they should make a change in the winter update I would imagine, also to add despite having a sugar daddy you are not given a blank checkbook like City, or a PSG, in my save in the second season I was given around 20 million plus player sales which I made most my money from by selling the likes of Diarra for 15 million and Bousouffa for around 15 million also, if I also wanted I prolly could've gotten around 20 million for Juceili

I would suggest waiting after a successful first season and asking the board to upgrade the youth facilties, and from there start poaching youth pplayer regens from other sides

I have to say that i have noticed that we shed about 4 million a month!!!! is this right?

I'm not playing with Anji this year, but it sounds about right. Remember you have a lot of players on huge wages, including Eto'o who I believe is still the highest paid player in the world. But your stadium is small and the tv money doesn't compare to the EPL.

However don't worry your chairman should plough unlimited amounts of money into the clubs savings as he's a huge millionaire.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dan BHTFC

Going to start a save with Anzhi tonight, never really go for the rich clubs but it sounds like a good challenge. Last time I had a save in Russia I was Saturn, that was an interesting save!

Yer, it's cracking good fun, give it a go mate!

the budget I received for my second season was around 20 million pounds and I declared that I would win the title....their is a lot of money to be made through player transfers though think you are given a good or all of the transfer revenue percentage, the likes of Boussoffa, and Diarra alone can add about 30+ million to your kitty, with a side like Anji though you can pay with monthly installments as the chairman pumps money into the club at random times

im going to get started soon on a new save I promise :D

Think I listed one or two possible ones in my opening post, Gilmar Francisco he could very well be your chief scout in all honesty, as for other names I know their was a French/Russian scout with 17 JP that you would be able to sign on a free I forget his name...its super hard to get any good Russian scouts because one they arent many and two you dont have alot of rep, of the top half sides in Russia you probably have the least amount of reputation

just started a save up managed to get Schennikov for 17.5 million pounds (this seems to be complete random, in some saves they are asking for around 40 million), got Fernado from Gremio for 6.25 (his release clause) and got Vitaly Denisov for 4 million to act as a back-up to Scheinikov, sold Zhirkov for 14 million

beat the crap out of some Bulgarian team in the third qualfying round of the EL, drew some Israeli team which I should beat easily to advance into the group stages

currently using the tweaked version of Mr Houghs tactic, if you dont mind using other peoples tactics then I highly recommend it

Think I listed one or two possible ones in my opening post, Gilmar Francisco he could very well be your chief scout in all honesty, as for other names I know their was a French/Russian scout with 17 JP that you would be able to sign on a free I forget his name...its super hard to get any good Russian scouts because one they arent many and two you dont have alot of rep, of the top half sides in Russia you probably have the least amount of reputation

Cheers, missed that. Cannot find Gilmar though, do you need a South American league loaded to have him in? The reputation thing, as you said is annoying. Despite the money, hard to attract real quality players here

currently entering November....was on a very good run, then have hit a poor form in October, kinda had a falling out with Eto'o and that seemed to bring down the whole dressing room and had some bad losses...tricky situation as Eto'o is not a fan of the way I do team talks (aggressively) didnt think it was that big of a deal until the team came back from international break and I see that hes unhappy, and half the team morale is at "OK"

currently lying third behind Zenit and Spartak, managed to beat Zenit but im 6 points behind them now due to the bad string of games recently

oh I signed Kokorin on deadline day, had a good chunk of money left after selling off Zhirkov, was afraid if I sat on the money until the winter that the board would just absorb it to cover any debt so I went ahead and bought Kokorin for 13 million pounds over expensive yes but good Russian players are hard to come by in the first season, has had a good start for me leading goalscorer of the Russian Cup

currently in the winter window dont expect to make any moves...for some reason my rep has slightly decreased thats very odd, im still in the EL, im 4 points behind spartak Moscow for 1st place in the league, and im currently in the quarter finals of the Russian Cup....think im very capable of doing the treble if I can get past Leverkusen in the knockout round, unlke in most other saves you dont have any giants that finished third place in the CL and get put in the EL, and the other good sides like Napoli, Tottenham have been drawn up against teams that are on their level

played Leverkusen they beat me 3-1 away, when we came back home went out all attack and destroyed them 7-1 so beat them on agg 8-4...Eto had 6 goals!! Atletico, Inter, and Napoli were all eliminated from the round of 32 also!!, still some tough opponents but thinnk its doable, drew Lille in the round of 16 think I should be getting past them with all due respect to them....still some tricky sides in the competition like Tottenham, PSG, and Dortmund as the most notable sides all of them are facing some farily easy sides too :| heres hoping for more upsets

played Leverkusen they beat me 3-1 away, when we came back home went out all attack and destroyed them 7-1 so beat them on agg 8-4...Eto had 6 goals!! Atletico, Inter, and Napoli were all eliminated from the round of 32 also!!, still some tough opponents but thinnk its doable, drew Lille in the round of 16 think I should be getting past them with all due respect to them....still some tricky sides in the competition like Tottenham, PSG, and Dortmund as the most notable sides all of them are facing some farily easy sides too :| heres hoping for more upsets

I think ended up winning the Champions League in my 4th season with Anzhi.... had an extremely easy run to the final. In the final I had Marseille, which I wasn't too worried about until I had an injury crisis in my squad 2 weeks prior to the game. I went into the match missing star striker Niang, only 1 of my usual starting defenders (and I was having to play him at RB rather than his usual CB) and none of my usual midfielders.... Some how I won 3-0! I was sooo happy!

ended up winning it in my second season in '12 fairly easy run to the finals after managing to beat Utd (luckily) in the first round I had a very easy run and beat Arsenal in the final barely beat them 2-1 (AET) but they had Bendtender, Chamakah, and Denilson all starting lol

Managed to do the treble!!!

ended up climbing over Spartak, and Zenit fell off so they werent much of an issue

beat fenerbache in the final of the EL fairly easy route with the exception of Tottenham who I just managed to beat in the SF beat them 1-0 at home, and managed one of the luckiest draws ive seen away

Russia Cup was one of the easiest ever, Zenit, Cska, Spartak were all eliminated by the arrival of the quarter finals had Dinamo Moscow in the final and beat them 3-1

now I just wait for my money to come in have a number of targets in mind like Merkel, Rausch, Dzaegov, Mamamev (the latter two seems are gonna cost me alot)

so the board has given me a budget of 500k

*sigh* not sure if they plan on increasing it in a few weeks cause this has happened at times, but this was the season expectations so Im not to sure if they will, on my first save with Anji I had a budget of 20 million (season expectations) and I had to failed to get into the EL after I got knocked out in the fourth qualifying round, not to mention this season I have done the treble!!! so Id figure if anything id have more money to play with because of the increase prize money and TV revenue....not to mention that in my first save I was on a shoe string budget because the Schenikov buy set me back, this season I sold Zhirkov in the first window to pretty much balance the books, I also had around 200k space in wages too, this doesnt make any sense at all

any1 got a clue of what it might have been?

not sure if it matters or not but the club has climbed up significantly too in the "rich list rankings" moving from the mid 30's to 15

so the board has given me a budget of 500k

*sigh* not sure if they plan on increasing it in a few weeks cause this has happened at times, but this was the season expectations so Im not to sure if they will, on my first save with Anji I had a budget of 20 million (season expectations) and I had to failed to get into the EL after I got knocked out in the fourth qualifying round, not to mention this season I have done the treble!!! so Id figure if anything id have more money to play with because of the increase prize money and TV revenue....not to mention that in my first save I was on a shoe string budget because the Schenikov buy set me back, this season I sold Zhirkov in the first window to pretty much balance the books, I also had around 200k space in wages too, this doesnt make any sense at all

any1 got a clue of what it might have been?

not sure if it matters or not but the club has climbed up significantly too in the "rich list rankings" moving from the mid 30's to 15

Well done on doing the treble! That is really strange, report it to the feedback section or bugs. You should have much more than that

yea a good number of players around europe are willing to join you in the middle of the next transfer window once you raise your rep, plus you also have players getting transfer listed too

for the first season you might have to look at Brazilians, and south americans I picked one or two up even though my prefrence has always been to scout Central Europe

I picked up Fernado a talented Brazilian CM/DM, picked up Denisov a Uzbekistani but has Russian citizenship, picked up Kokorin overpaid for him but a solid striker none the less also Russian, and I bought Schenikov as my LB

during the season I managed to put myself over Lokomotiv in terms of rep, after winning the treble I managed to become the 4th highest reputation side in russia, I imagine im not to far behind the likes of Spartak though they did go head to head with me in the league had they finished 4th or 5th then I would imagine id be higher rated

after your first season Id suggest waiting till July 1st where the window opens up for the other leagues to start making moves.....I was experementing with some transfers and I noticed that when I tried to sign Alexander Merkel from Genoa that he was seeking a big contract around 50k per week, after July 1st I was able to get him on half that

• 2 months later...

I need to update the thread a lot, a lot of changes have occurred with Anji

I have a game started with this last patch simply to have it ready when I start, defense is weaker with the loss of Samba and SI failing to add Spahic on loan before they released the update, having Willian is goin to be huge though

The reputation thing is still crappy you're behind the likes of rubin, lokomotiv, spartak, dinamo, Cska, and zenit in terms of rep

Like in past seasons save you're gonna have to most likely scout South America for a season or two if you want instant changes

I need to update the thread a lot, a lot of changes have occurred with Anji

I have a game started with this last patch simply to have it ready when I start, defense is weaker with the loss of Samba and SI failing to add Spahic on loan before they released the update, having Willian is goin to be huge though

The reputation thing is still crappy you're behind the likes of rubin, lokomotiv, spartak, dinamo, Cska, and zenit in terms of rep

Like in past seasons save you're gonna have to most likely scout South America for a season or two if you want instant changes

Yeah, sadly Spahic came in after the deadline. So hard to find good players for your team which is unrealistic. With your old Anzhi save, when you won competitions etc, who did you manage to sign that was major?

Archived