Unlockables pretty cool but do they work for Football manager 2013?

Dear Sir/Maddam,

I bought football manager for a couple of reasons.

But a nice thing is the unlockables iam not happy with all of them couse some have to much influence i think.

So i was wondering is it possible to unactivate some of the unlockables by hand?

And another question when i bought fm2013 on steam i saw

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/207890/ss_bbd65b948c99054387be0158bf692b3354d48a9d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1351814536

With the words FM 13 Unlockables

After buying the game and installing, in the store i see, FM 13 FMC unlockables

So that worries me a little, Couse i thought seen the football manager screenshots in steam that unlockables are for football manager 13.

Does this mean that the unlockables only work for FMC?

Or is it a button meaning that more unlockables are comming pure for FMC?

Thank you for the quick respons,

Some things of the unlockables are really cool for example the son thing.

Its a little disapointed that its only for FMC couse the screenshots give the idea that those things are useable to everone. Also for the players that play the normal FM13

"for example me, i bought the game specially for that option but i dont like the FMC

Is theire a update comming in future that will make it posible?

But the advertisement says different, Not only a type error also a wrong visual screenshot. I seem to be the first how noticed it.

Soon people spend there money on it, and they wanna have refunds. So how does this get fixed? Or is SI gonna refund people how bought options that dont work in FM13?

Couse its not only a disapointment, every store on the internet usses this screenshots for sale and reviews those screenshots give the illussion that those unlockables are unlockable for the full game.

It will give SI a lot of work.

Couse the FMC unlockables looks like a next option! Its a button to press on. Theire is also a mousehand and a click. So people get the idea that those options they see on theire screen are for FM13, and after pressing on the FMC button that other unlockables appear for FMC, so lots of people willl gonna spend money on it. Thinking they will be able to use it for FM13 instead of FMC

• Administrators
These are appalling. I was looking forward to FMC, and now this rubbish?

You don't have to use them or buy them. You can choose whether to apply them to your game or not.

I suggest if you think they are rubbish to not use them in your save game rather than derail threads in the FMC forum. Thanks.

• Administrators
But the advertisement says different, Not only a type error also a wrong visual screenshot. I seem to be the first how noticed it.

Soon people spend there money on it, and they wanna have refunds. So how does this get fixed? Or is SI gonna refund people how bought options that dont work in FM13?

Couse its not only a disapointment, every store on the internet usses this screenshots for sale and reviews those screenshots give the illussion that those unlockables are unlockable for the full game.

It will give SI a lot of work.

Couse the FMC unlockables looks like a next option! Its a button to press on. Theire is also a mousehand and a click. So people get the idea that those options they see on theire screen are for FM13, and after pressing on the FMC button that other unlockables appear for FMC, so lots of people willl gonna spend money on it. Thinking they will be able to use it for FM13 instead of FMC

I'd appreciate looking into the Store FAQ, this has answers to these questions.

• Administrators
So thats a no, well atleast it made my desicion very easy..............wont be buyer of unlockables!

It is possible to 'unlock' this through gameplay so you wouldn't need to pay for it.

It is possible to 'unlock' this through gameplay so you wouldn't need to pay for it.

I still don't get it... I've just pay for 3 unlock item... But I afraid to use on my current save game, because, I will not be able to use it again on my next save game.. Is this correct?

• Administrators
So where or what do i have to do to get those options as advertised in my fm13 game? ( not only in my fmc13 game )

It's not advertised as working in FM, we've made this clear from the beginning

• Administrators
I still don't get it... I've just pay for 3 unlock item... But I afraid to use on my current save game, because, I will not be able to use it again on my next save game.. Is this correct?

All Unlockables are usable in all save games.

The Challenges are permanent so you only need to buy each Challenge once.

The Bank Balance however works differently, you buy money to put into your FMC wallet and apply a certain amount to a single FMC save game. The amount used cannot then be re-used for another save game.

All Unlockables are usable in all save games.

The Challenges are permanent so you only need to buy each Challenge once.

The Bank Balance however works differently, you buy money to put into your FMC wallet and apply a certain amount to a single FMC save game. The amount used cannot then be re-used for another save game.

Owh ok understood... Thats a relief... So, the only thing that can be use once in a save game is the bank balance.. (Surely won't use my money for that :p)... Thanks for quick reply...

• Administrators
Owh ok understood... Thats a relief... So, the only thing that can be use once in a save game is the bank balance.. (Surely won't use my money for that :p)... Thanks for quick reply...

Obviously you can't recycle a 50 million in a second save game, once used it's gone.

• Administrators
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/207890/ss_bbd65b948c99054387be0158bf692b3354d48a9d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1351814536

Watch the screenshot, theire is standing Football manager 2013 and a bigg button unlockables

So it should be working for FMC and FM, theire is no star marking * or other sign that it should not work with FM

It is in the FMC skin.

FMC is a separate mode within Football Manager 2013, not a separate product. Therefore, the FM2013 logo was used. I should also add that it is clearly marked as FMC on the left hand side of the store dialog as well.

Almost theire, so we agree now both that it is not compleetly clear ingame. So that needs to be fixed

But people that bought the game becouse of the screenshots, and the story on the product expect, that they can also use that in theire normal FM game. Becouse theire is no exception sign telling that the unlockables only work in football manager clasic. I found it out after installing the game and clicking on store.

So i bought this game like manny others, we expect that we can use those unlockables in our FM game without limitiations. The only limitiation theire should be is that we have to pay or play it free.

• Administrators
Almost theire, so we agree now both that it is not compleetly clear ingame. So that needs to be fixed

But people that bought the game becouse of the screenshots, and the story on the product expect, that they can also use that in theire normal FM game. Becouse theire is no exception sign telling that the unlockables only work in football manager clasic. I found it out after installing the game and clicking on store.

So i bought this game like manny others, we expect that we can use those unlockables in our FM game without limitiations. The only limitiation theire should be is that we have to pay or play it free.

The screenshot was out of date compared to the one in the final version when you went into the Store. If you are having issues because of a transaction you think you falsely made, please check the Store FAQ and we will see what we can do to help.

• Administrators
And for that i can use the email adres? The same for asking for a refund? store@sigames.com? How much days will it take to recieve a answer from SI "I never ussed that email addres service before"?

It's new for this year obviously but you should receive a reply shortly, will obviously depend on how many inquiries we have sent to us.

Is the "adding son into game" reusable? I just used it on a game i didn't save as i decided to wanted to change teams and now i can't access it on another game! Si should really make it clear on the store section which ones are reusable and which ones are single use only.

• Administrators
Is the "adding son into game" reusable? I just used it on a game i didn't save as i decided to wanted to change teams and now i can't access it on another game! Si should really make it clear on the store section which ones are reusable and which ones are single use only.

We are looking into it, I should have updated this thread.

See the Store FAQ about refund and log a bug in the FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum.

Please provide proof of your purchase (forwarded email) when contacting SI-Store Support.

What is the exact requirements for unlocking that son one without purchasing it?

The text in the store says "You will unlock this automatically by having a player retire after 10 years of service to his team"

I have managed Man Utd, and had Giggs and Scholes retire, and managed in Iceland where I have had a player who has spent 17 years at the club retire, and this is still locked for me.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks :)

• Administrators

That's cheating - only Fergie would have unlocked that ;)

You need to have the player be at your club for 10 years, but not as long as you have been there.

IE. The player comes through your youth team and then retires after 10 years.

• Administrators
Please can SI confirm how visibility unlocks by achievement, is it after the end of the first season as I suspect?

If your player wins a player of the year award, you will get it automatically. You'll get a news item saying Unlockable achieved, as well as the Steam Achievement, and you can then apply it to an existing save game.

If your player wins a player of the year award, you will get it automatically. You'll get a news item saying Unlockable achieved, as well as the Steam Achievement, and you can then apply it to an existing save game.

Thanks Lucas, and thanks for your, and your colleagues, speedy replies to our queries during what is for most people a "weekend"! :-) (Hope you have Sky Sports on big screens at SI Towers.)

Actually although as I have stated several times I do think this particular DLC should be available as standard, not having access to it from the start has actually not impacted on my gameplay (although I may have missed a few gems through searching). I always scout players that I sign so no problems.

• 1 year later...

I am belgian but i live in UK for 3 years now. So i put my english address in (Paypal) bit it won't let me through coz of this error message all the time.

Then another message : Please verify your country selected below.

Then this : There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

• Administrators
I am belgian but i live in UK for 3 years now. So i put my english address in (Paypal) bit it won't let me through coz of this error message all the time.

What languages are you running the game in, and what language is the steam client in?

Recent Steam Store Transactions for Your Account

DATETOTALEVENT

ITEMS

20 Nov 2013N/AFailed

Wallet 5,--€ Credit

20 Nov 2013N/AFailed

Wallet 10,--€ Credit

19 Nov 201310,--€ Wallet Credit

Wallet 10,--€ Credit

17 Nov 2013FreeFailed

Wallet £10.00 Credit

17 Nov 2013FreeFailed

Wallet £10.00 Credit

17 Nov 2013FreeFailed

Wallet £10.00 Credit

This is an email i received from Steam yesterday :

Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from your registered billing information.

To complete any in-game purchases while traveling, you will need to add funds to your Steam Wallet through an internet browser first.

You will need to use the following link through either Internet Explorer or Firefox to add funds to your Wallet.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds?cc=be

After adding funds to your Steam Wallet, you can then complete your content purchase through the in game store.

In most cases the in-game content will be added to your account automatically. If this has not happened, please allow two hours for the transaction to fully complete.

But this doesn't work anymore since today

• Administrators

You'd need to contact Steam I'm afraid, I'm not able to do anything here about the way the Steam wallet works unfortunately.

• 3 months later...

Archived