Sports Interactive Community
mad_monkey_j

Game will not update to full version

What site? Clearly there is a question about it working because, well, it doesn't work.

Did you receive anything other than a Beta key from this "reputable" site?

I bought it from ozgameshop, I buy all my games there and bought FM12 from there last year and have never had a single problem.

I bought it from ozgameshop, I buy all my games there and bought FM12 from there last year and have never had a single problem.

Ok so how many keys did you get from them? There should have been a new one sent within the last few days - did you get that?

If so, when you put that key in now, what does Steam tell you about it?

I haven't received a second key and the first one did not state it was only for beta, as I said earlier I've messaged them and am awaiting a reply.

Is this boxed copy? If so, there is a key on the back of the manual.

Got mine here http://play-sc.com/SEGA-Football-Manager-2013-PC-Download-Steam-Key.html

just noticed it say's 5th of November for release, I guess that's an arrangement with Steam and SI and I presume it's the same for other non-Steam purchasers. Poor form of SI to let this confusion and frustration reign rather than just tell people...

So that means people who did not buy off Steam (which basically means paying 50 euros or so more) have to wait until 5th to update the game? And there was no info about it? Now that's just.. wow.

I haven't received a second key and the first one did not state it was only for beta, as I said earlier I've messaged them and am awaiting a reply.

The beta one doesn't say it is a Beta - just the way it is.

When did you buy this key? If you bought earlier than yesterday (and possibly even yesterday) you should receive another full version key.

Thing is, the game is released today, so they may not send you a key yet.

Anyway, it sounds like this is your problem so take it up with the retailer.

It's not a boxed copy - Ozgameshop say they'll email the key.

You need to input the code on the back of the manual in the boxed version. Active Steam Product code, and the game will automatically update.

Thank you for the answer... I had allready typed in my code from the manual... but tried activating it another time and that worked. :)

Nah it's an online version, I bought a copy and was sent a key to enter into steam.

The beta one doesn't say it is a Beta - just the way it is.

When did you buy this key? If you bought earlier than yesterday (and possibly even yesterday) you should receive another full version key.

Thing is, the game is released today, so they may not send you a key yet.

Anyway, it sounds like this is your problem so take it up with the retailer.

I purchased it the day of preorder, so a few weeks back now. I'm just awaiting a reply from the retailer so could possibly be next week...

So that means people who did not buy off Steam (which basically means paying 50 euros or so more) have to wait until 5th to update the game? And there was no info about it? Now that's just.. wow.

Friday 2nd November is the release date for all retailers, not just Steam (as evidenced by the many people who purchased elsewhere and are currently playing).

If you still haven't got the game yet, take it up with the retailer as that's an issue with them and not us.

Nah it's an online version, I bought a copy and was sent a key to enter into steam.

I purchased it the day of preorder, so a few weeks back now. I'm just awaiting a reply from the retailer so could possibly be next week...

This is your problem I'm afraid. Bug them about it. I note from their website it says this :

"Please note: Code will be emailed during office hours Monday - Friday GMT"

So given they're using GMT you may find question turnaround is slow and I guess they're actually in the UK/Europe.

This is your problem I'm afraid. Bug them about it. I note from their website it says this :

"Please note: Code will be emailed during office hours Monday - Friday GMT"

So given they're using GMT you may find question turnaround is slow and I guess they're actually in the UK/Europe.

Yeah the site is from the UK so I might get lucky and get a code sent out overnight.

Yeah the site is from the UK so I might get lucky and get a code sent out overnight.

It's mid-morning here now so they should be working but as you say it might not turn up for you until Saturday morning by the time they get round to it ...

From SI

For those of you playing the beta via a beta code received from your retailer, if stated within the original email and you paid for your pre-order, this too will update automatically.

From me ... CLEARLY NOT

From SI

For those of you playing the beta via a beta code received from your retailer, if stated within the original email and you paid for your pre-order, this too will update automatically.

From me ... CLEARLY NOT

Yeah that's where I got the original idea that it should just work...

This is all one big mess up ..... the fact that some work and far more many others dont work

Actually it's the other way round, you can count the number of people on here with issues, many hundreds of thousands appear to be up and running okay.

Friday 2nd November is the release date for all retailers, not just Steam (as evidenced by the many people who purchased elsewhere and are currently playing).

If you still haven't got the game yet, take it up with the retailer as that's an issue with them and not us.

I understand. Thanks for clearing it up.

Hmph, I thought it was weird Play sending me the code twice a week or so apart....I now assume the second code was different but I should have paid more attention. Now I can't get to it as it's on work pc and I have a day off today! Doh - never mind. Sure it will be fine monday night.

I'd be grateful if anyone could confirm that play did issue 2 different codes mind...

God , I'm special. Post man has just delivered boxed copy.....!

Actually it's the other way round, you can count the number of people on here with issues, many hundreds of thousands appear to be up and running okay.

You think .. waite untill later on , when most get home from what ever they are doing .. then see how many ... allready this fourm is full of game wont load or something along them lines

From SI

From me ... CLEARLY NOT

And that is true if you bought it from the retailers SI listed as official partners.

If you decide to buy from somewhere else that sources their keys in different ways then you have to deal with their process. Sounds like some retailers were taking the money when the beta was ordered - this wasn't what SI wanted, so you should express your rage with your retailer.

SI wanted the beta to be free - for me that worked, I preordered, paid nothing got and played the beta and only paid for the full release a day or two ago when my full game order went through.

My keys are from greenmangaming, here's their announcement back from 18 oct

Keys are being distributed today. You will get these prior to the Beta starting.

These keys are for the Beta and will be automatically upgraded to the full game.

Its not been confirmed when the Beta will start so please check Sega, Sports Interactive websites and Twitter accounts for up-to-date information on this.

Not upgraded for me I guess...

Me too. I bought from steam yesterday and it just says 'connection time out' after sitting on the updating window for 5 minutes.

And that is true if you bought it from the retailers SI listed as official partners.

If you decide to buy from somewhere else that sources their keys in different ways then you have to deal with their process. Sounds like some retailers were taking the money when the beta was ordered - this wasn't what SI wanted, so you should express your rage with your retailer.

SI wanted the beta to be free - for me that worked, I preordered, paid nothing got and played the beta and only paid for the full release a day or two ago when my full game order went through.

Yes and my retailer was listed ................ SO ? ? ?

My keys are from greenmangaming, here's their announcement back from 18 oct

Not upgraded for me I guess...

This is not correct - again Greenman are not one of the SI official retailers so I don't think they would get access to keys like that. In fact, I doubt anywhere had keys that would update because back before the beta was released I remember Miles (possibly on the podcast) saying you'd need to enter a new key for the full game and the Beta would stop working Nov 5. I suspect no keys were going to automatically upgrade this weekend and everyone would need to enter new ones.

Imagine the problem, I walk into a game shop and say I want to preorder - I get a free beta key, I put it into steam, it gets auto updated to the full release and in the meantime I just cancel my preorder. Free FM13 all round - unlikely SI is going to let that happen.... All what's happened here is greenman have charged you when you preordered which wasn't the intent of the beta system for this.

Get back to greenman and ask them for the real keys now - since you've paid £20-£30 for keys which were supposed to be free based on a preorder only.

Okay if you've tried to update and it's not worked, first of all try a simple restart of Steam.

If that doesn't work restart your system.

Then if that hasn't worked, make sure you definitely have entered the correct code, it may even be worth entering it again. If you had a beta code previously but have a BOXED copy, you MUST enter the code from the back of the manual.

If that still doesn't work, we'd recommend verifying your game cache a couple of times as instructed here - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=83

If that doesn't work there may be some kind of conflict, so please create your OWN thread in this forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

That way I can take a look and get back to individual users. Thanks.