It seems impossible to update from beta to full version

Obviously, the title says it all.

I have tried to play the retail version for about 3 hours now - and i'm about to give up!

I've tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling, verified game cache 1, 2 and 3 times before and after client restart, before and after PC restart, trying to play the game wothout any restart (neither client nor PC) - nothing seems to do it for me: The game is still mocking me with the four annoying letters in the bottom right corner when enteren the game!

I'm about to loose my temper: What to do?

I'm running Windows 7 and have AVG installed - I've tried uninstalling AVG while updating as well, didn't do it for me.

The game is updating for a short amount of time after every cache verification - but after 10-15 times of updating and still only BETA(!!) i'm about to turn looney.

I've bought a online code version of the game from https://www.coolshop.dk/catalog/product/75553-football_manager_13_code_via_email_pc - Haven't had any problems at all when playing beta version.

I haven't recieved any more mail from the dealer, but i can't rule that option out. On the other hand, it seems like (according to your FAG on the main website) all code-by-email copies update from beta to retail without entering a second gamekey..

I am having the same problem. Purchased mine through greenmangaming recevied the following email:

Thank you for prepurchasing Football Manager 2013 from Green Man Gaming.

You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 02 Nov 2012 at 00:01 UTC.

Download URL: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/388665-how-to-download-a-steam-activated-game

Activation keys:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

BETA installed fine.

Where do I enter the code for the full version? I have Steam open but can't find where to fill in the code? If I open the game it's still beta.

Should be an option on the bottom left of Steam which says 'ADD A GAME'. Same way you would have entered the beta code.

I ordered from Amazon and at 1am last night I recieved an email saying the despatch of FM 2013 has been delayed and I wont recieve it until Wednesday. They dont send out an activation code, its only in the box itself so I've since ordered it again from Steam and will return the Amazon copy when it arrives. No way I can wait another 5 days after being ready to play it tonight!

I too downloaded from greenmangaming, but all I have just done is run FM13, the steam box popped up with "updating files" or something like that, then the game loaded and is fully updated, I didn't have to put in a new code, in fact greenmangaming, haven't even sent me a new code to update with anyway.

I too downloaded from greenmangaming, but all I have just done is run FM13, the steam box popped up with "updating files" or something like that, then the game loaded and is fully updated, I didn't have to put in a new code, in fact greenmangaming, haven't even sent me a new code to update with anyway.

Saying that, I still only have one skin to choose from, and I have no editor, so not sure if it's done it properly, although it is stating that it is the full version

I got the boxed version and tried to load it at 00:05 this morning. I found that when you put the disk in to load up the retail version it ran 'setup.exe' or somesuch and this asked me if you want to Play, Reinstall or Uninstall. If you click Play, it started the Beta, but if you clicked 'Reinstall' it loaded up the full version and now is now working fine.

Saying that, I still only have one skin to choose from, and I have no editor, so not sure if it's done it properly, although it is stating that it is the full version

You have to download the editor seperately in the ALLGAMES TOOLS Menu options ...

I got my code from green man gaming and my game updated about 350mb and im NOT good to go. The email from them states that the code you entered for the beta will automatically upgrade to the full code. The updtae has happened via STEAM automatically. But in game it still says I am on the BETA.

I got my code from green man gaming and my game updated about 350mb and im NOT good to go. The email from them states that the code you entered for the beta will automatically upgrade to the full code. The updtae has happened via STEAM automatically. But in game it still says I am on the BETA.

Try verifying game cache as a first step.

You have to download the editor seperately in the ALLGAMES TOOLS Menu options ...

Ah cheers mate, I never bothered with the editor last year so didn't know that, not that I'm sure I'll bother with the editor this year, just noticed I didn't have it.

I got my code from green man gaming and my game updated about 350mb and im good to go. The email from them states that the code you entered for the beta will automatically upgrade to the full code

I am now downloading that update. cheers.

Ok mine has now upgraded to FULL version.

I verified the game cache 1 file needed downloading, tried FM again, no joy. I activated the same code again, which told me I already have this game, I could not see the editor in Steam.

Restarted Steam and now the editor is visible and full version has downloaded. Started FM and BETA is no longer in bottom right hand corner.

FM version is 13.1.0 327735

Archived