Sports Interactive Community
Unknown Hacker

FM13 Editor: First Impressions

So I'm just about to open my editor for the first time in FM13. And I thought I'd start a thread to let you know if anything has changed that I can see. If anyone else wants to say anything then please do because I don't want to just spam the thread by myself! :p

If anyone has already opened up their editor what do you think? Has anything changed? Any new features?

So the skin looks basically the same. If it isn't broke don't fix it I suppose.

Layout of the club section seems tidy. New addition of the cup season ticket feature seems neat. Everything else seems to have been neatly categorised so I'm pretty impressed with that.

Not sure if ability to set work permit rules was in beforehand, but it certainly seems to have been expanded upon in the nation rules section.

Maximum annual wage squad rule seems a new addition. Should be good for making salary cap leagues.

Still seem unable to set two legged playoff semi-sinals and neutral venue finals. Also not able to create apertura and clausura structures but why am I not surprised about that? :(

Everything seems rather as you were with the other rule adder things. International rules adder still disappointing I'm afraid.

how do you find the editor if you got the steme version

Open Steam, go to View and then to Tools and find Football Manager 2013 Editor. Then just download the editor.

I don't even bother until the Advanced Panels are opened up.

I was hoping for some increased functionality but the only thing from the advanced panel to have been added is the ability to select days when matches aren't played.

I have to say I like the way that things are laid out along the side now rather than along the top. It's a shame they went in precisely the opposite direction when doing the Match Engine stuff. It looks less crowded and more relaxed this year.

Extra descriptions have definitely been added to fit with the new job roles I guess.

Nearly 100 extra derby fixtures have been added.

Don't know where they added 50 new regions in but they did...

Another 9 media sources.

The tax rules system is an interesting addition. Completely bizarre in many ways that this appears to be the biggest change, but whatever.

Good to see that the tendency menu has been expanded for non-playing staff. I suppose this was done to fit in with the philosophy system overhaul.

You are now able to select a reason why a player likes a particular person. No reasons are available for disliking though :(

My editor isnt working properly. Menus are vibrating and wants to give me and epilepsy.

I cant focus the mouse on a category, its just keeping jumping/vibrating/flimmering

I tried changed Hz in screen and in editor, reinstalling editor, reboot pc, fullscreen/windowed

same.

i couldnt even record it with my phone, it dosnt catch the flimmering at all.

Attempted to create Jerome Sinclair in the editor, but every time I load a game he doesn't appear

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Attempted to create Jerome Sinclair in the editor, but every time I load a game he doesn't appear

Are you loading a previously saved game or starting a new one?

As an aside, a further 8 types of weather have been added. A little bit random I suppose.

Are you loading a previously saved game or starting a new one?

As an aside, a further 8 types of weather have been added. A little bit random I suppose.

Starting afresh

Quite interesting that most of the things which I thought were "new" such as the Christmas day fixture thing and the work permit rules were already in FM12 but just went under my radar. That pretty much means that nothing has changed beyond expanded menus in some sections to fit with the new features in the game; a general increase in the size of the database and a few tweaks to the layout and the skin.

Starting afresh

Do you get the option to choose which editor data files are loaded? Are you choosing the correct file? Have you saved your editor data file? What is your created player's reputation and CA/PA?

Sorry for the barrage of questions :p

Do you get the option to choose which editor data files are loaded? Are you choosing the correct file? Have you saved your editor data file? What is your created player's reputation and CA/PA?

Sorry for the barrage of questions :p

Selecting the correct file as all my other changes are showing

Created players reputation is 70, CA ~90 and PA -9

Is he placed at a club or is he a free agent? What size is your database?

Large with most leagues selected, and yes, contracted to the club

Thinking of just editing another youth player instead of creating a new one

I've just attempted to enable the changing of a nation's continent. And it works fine as always. Debug mode also works fine. And am I the only one who has no icon visible when looking at the desktop shortcut? It's really annoying...

Large with most leagues selected, and yes, contracted to the club

Thinking of just editing another youth player instead of creating a new one

Increase his reputation to about 1000. Then he should show up.

Increase his reputation to about 1000. Then he should show up.

Just tried to add a new player myself. Doesn't show up. Shows up as a blank in people's favourites as well, i.e.

Favourite Staff: David Moyes (Head Coach), (Friend), Alan Irvine (Coach)

Just tried to add a new player myself. Doesn't show up. Shows up as a blank in people's favourites as well, i.e.

Favourite Staff: David Moyes (Head Coach), (Friend), Alan Irvine (Coach)

It seems that quite a few people in GD are having problems with editor changes not showing up. That certainly seems to be a bug unrelated to any of the changes that you are making.

same happening with me added about 8 players CA 70 PA -9 and not showing up in the game either

Very very very disappointed.

It seems that guys of Sigames don't care anything about users requests.

This editor is basically the same of FM2010. And FM2010 editor was poor, poor, poor. But 3 years ago was a new revolutionary thing, we were happy just to have it. But now?

What is really senseless is we know what there is inside the advanced editor since FM2010, so why don't insert some feature of the advanced editor in the basic one?

Please, add these features with a patch in the editor.

These are not pretensions, just requests by a user who buys the game since Scudetto, the italian version of Championship Manager 2.

-Regional Rules: it's a key element. We need it to make independent divisions and sub divisions for regional leagues. Currently, there is no way to make real regional divisions, just a big national division with national sub divisions with a lot of limits. It's a serious limit, above all considering it causes a mess for play-offs and play-outs. Example: I have 3 regional leagues, rlA, rlB and rlC. Each regional league has 2 local leagues. I want to make play-offs between the two local leagus of rlA and winner is promoted in rlA. This is not possible with the editor. I can only make play-offs for one local league or a global play-offs tournament involving all six local leagues.

-sub divisions into sub divisions: it would be very important, because there are regional and local leagues which have different rules for each sub division.

Apertura and clausura: I still don't understand why there is not this option.

MLS structure: I mean teams belonging to a group can play against teams of other groups.

Qualification tournaments: another key element. If I want to make a qualification tournament for a cup, I can't.

Venues: select venues for leagues and cups.

Please Sigames!

So what's the deal with the advanced editor for 2013? Will it be blocked like last year?

I was hoping to create the new Australian Premier League, but doing so will be a complete hassle without the advanced editor.

So what's the deal with the advanced editor for 2013? Will it be blocked like last year?

I was hoping to create the new Australian Premier League, but doing so will be a complete hassle without the advanced editor.

It was never blocked last year, rather it was just a pain in the arse to create anything with it. This year I've had an attempt at enabling it but I would imagine that Gaz will eventually find a way to enable them if it's possible.

same here, tried at least a half dozen times.

oh, another year without apertura and clausura stages.. it's very frustrating not to be hear in this forum.

still testing, a work around however is if you pick a player in the database and just edit his stats, remembering to delete all player histories etc. This method works

geez, so no adding new competitions or players?

just duplicate a current player, use the new duplication to add, for now, players into game.

I was able to load the 2013 editor once and since then, it won't load. Anyone have a clue as to why? When I go to task manager it says "not responding". I'm loading it thru Steam. Any help out there? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried turning the computer off and and back on. Any suggestions?

yes the duplication idea worked for me

the editor reasonign might be slowdown on behalf of computer just give it a few mins.

I don't even bother until the Advanced Panels are opened up.

You are missing out on some basic editor fun!

I have to leave to go to Cambridge in a wee while, just prodding about ATM. Seems the same as last year which is more than fine by me!

I was able to load the 2013 editor once and since then, it won't load. Anyone have a clue as to why? When I go to task manager it says "not responding". I'm loading it thru Steam. Any help out there? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried turning the computer off and and back on. Any suggestions?

Delete your cache and try again.

Old dbc don't work with actual editor.....

EXAMPLE: I have a dbc of last year with 150 types of injury to add ... and when i load the editor and the dbc there are errors......and there are 50 types that aren't in the db....

In last editor no problem with old dbc..

Miles and his cronies are not bothered about the editor

One basic improvement is tv coverage for cup matches

Sadly they have missed this

Miles and his cronies are not bothered about the editor

One basic improvement is tv coverage for cup matches

Sadly they have missed this

I ask myself why to make an editor if they're not bothered about it.

FM2013 editor seems the patched version of the one for FM2010.

Don't want to start a new thread with a general question so I'll throw it out here:

How easy would it be in this version, on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being impossible, 10 piece of cake) to change the SPL to an 18 or 20 team league, possibly doing the same to the lower leagues, adding non-league teams to fill the empty spaces?

I'm not a total novice at this, but haven't dabbled with the editor in a few years.

I cannot run the editor in windowed mode. When I try to do it in options menu, my screen goes black and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Sorry guys, but it seems the Ben and Jerrys is now sold out and no longer available unless you go back in time.

I'm sure some of you will understand!

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does :(