Sports Interactive Community
partyparkins

FM13 not downloading... Steam gone mental!

I bought it on steam earlier and briefly played the BETA... at midnight I turned on my laptop, logged into steam, pressed play and it said "Completing download" when that finished, nothing, its still on the steam page. When I press play again it says "Application running"...yet there is no sign of it downloading, and it definitely isn't running... It wont let me restart steam either because it says "close Football manager 13 first" ....

Can someone help please?

Try rebooting your laptop and when it starts back up i would check the game integrity on steam to be sure

I also have the problem. Does it matter that I am not from the UK?

i did all of this, but still my steam does not download any updates :(

i have pre-purchased game and my game is not the open beta.

Have you got a digital download or a boxed copy? What exactly have you done to try and get it to download?

I have a boxed copy, and my retailer send me a Beta Key. I tried restarting steam and verify integrity of game cache, still not downloading.

Have you activated the full copy using the key from the box?

I have a boxed copy, and my retailer send me a Beta Key. I tried restarting steam and verify integrity of game cache, still not downloading.

Have you used the code on the back of your manual?

You need to input the code on the back of your manual into Steam, then your game will update.

woow, sorry i still dont have the box of my game. I thought the key that they sent me is enough for full game. Then i have to wait until they send me the box of fm 2013.

woow, sorry i still dont have the box of my game. I thought the key that they sent me is enough for full game. Then i have to wait until they send me the box of fm 2013.

Sorry I'm afraid so :(

Yep sadly. The beta will stay available until Monday though.

I'm on steam and it did NOT update automatically.

I closed steam and then restarted it. Now it is downloading...... off to bed now.

might be worth putting that in the sticky