Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

BiggusD, I was generally speaking about pre-match team talk, where the other options simply 90% of the time have no desired effect.

I'm not really saying that team talks are broken, but they are definitely boring and becoming tedious in this state.

Does anybody play a team that reacts to "for the fans" talk? "Expect a win" also doesn't register for my team.

They all have great effect, just not displayed with green arrows.

Unless your reputation isn't higher than theirs, of course.

Give us better in-game tool tips and explanations of what things actually do. Especially concerning tactics. If you were able to explain better what things actually do I believe SI and the mods in the tactics forums would get a lot less abuse and your customers would be much happier when they (we) don't have to guess as much.

Did they not have contracts? If you left them without offering them terms, they'll retire to stop clogging up the database.

It's the same for any players without contracts. They all retire after a while. The younger/less rep they have, the sooner they'll retire.

Still sounds very strange, and I can't imagine why they'd retire if they were still attached to your team in any way.

Ah they were regens that were in my youth team without contracts. That makes sense. Just seemed weird that they 'retired' rather than just leaving my club and disappearing.

The game is in a state that whenever the game feels the need to it will add injuries in a extreme way. In my first season with City I have Clichy, Balotelli, Silva and Kompany all gone for 3 months due to a torn hamstring injury. Add to that Fellaini gone for 6 months with a broken leg. Surely this is not realistic?

3 points to raise - apols if these have ben mentioned before:

1. In player search, if I filter by potential ability it also highlights unscouted players with that potential. So it's easy to find the 5star prospects.

2. I don't think the tax bug is fixed (at least not in saved games - I was 5 seasons in using an English league at the time of the last update). I understand tax is based on the profit made in the previous season. In my current game I made £50m profit last season and am now paying over £4m a month in tax. That's nearly 100%!

3. The random in game new generated player - best prospects seem to nearly always have either "injury proneness" or "consistency" highlighted as their "specific weakness"

Anyone having/spotted the same issues?

Most 5 star prospects that my scouts find have injury proneness highlighted as weakness. Another issue is valuation of young players, AI demands similar compensation for mediocre and outstanding youngsters. This makes average players too expansive and wonderkids far far too cheap.

start of my second season, Community shield and 1 match, Ashley Young has handed in a transfer request.

it is 2 games into the season :/

start of my second season, Community shield and 1 match, Ashley Young has handed in a transfer request.

What's so wrong with that, if I may ask?

Was he a first team regular last season?

Director of Football.

I have used a couple of these for five seasons now. They are good for selling unwanted players and loaning out youngsters but it would be great if we could have more interaction with them. Someone earlier suggested assigning a budget which is a good idea. Also, I spend most of my summer cancelling transfers of old expensive players that play in positions my team doesn't have, I don't want to remove his buying ability in the hope he unearths a star player. If we could tell him which positions/criteria (like a scout) to concentrate on it might be useful.

I had Joe Allen valued at £12m but didn't want him so asked my D of F to sell him at a value of £12m, £11m then £10m with no luck. I then clicked on Sell at any price but made the mistake of not selecting a minimum value. He sold him to QPR on a free! Balls.

The D of F is an excellent addition but maybe should have more features/interaction? Doesn't seem the finished article at the moment.

Does anyone know if I can change my staff responsibilities without the need for new contracts? I want to change my chief scout, but cannot see where to do this? I'd also like to change head of youth development etc.

Not sure if mentioned, but the team-talk-feedback from the ass. manager doesnt seem to work? it just says none...

Does anyone know if I can change my staff responsibilities without the need for new contracts? I want to change my chief scout, but cannot see where to do this? I'd also like to change head of youth development etc.

No, you can only do that with contracts.

Director of Football.

I have used a couple of these for five seasons now. They are good for selling unwanted players and loaning out youngsters but it would be great if we could have more interaction with them. Someone earlier suggested assigning a budget which is a good idea. Also, I spend most of my summer cancelling transfers of old expensive players that play in positions my team doesn't have, I don't want to remove his buying ability in the hope he unearths a star player. If we could tell him which positions/criteria (like a scout) to concentrate on it might be useful.

I had Joe Allen valued at £12m but didn't want him so asked my D of F to sell him at a value of £12m, £11m then £10m with no luck. I then clicked on Sell at any price but made the mistake of not selecting a minimum value. He sold him to QPR on a free! Balls.

The D of F is an excellent addition but maybe should have more features/interaction? Doesn't seem the finished article at the moment.

It's the way SI works.. implements the idea, see how it goes and then improve and expand it....

Where's the option to add a player in a transfer? I'm trying to sign someone and add a player as part of the deal but I cannot for the life of me see the option anywhere.

EDIT: Found it.

Where's the option to add a player in a transfer? I'm trying to sign someone and add a player as part of the deal but I cannot for the life of me see the option anywhere.

make a bid as usual but use the option at the bottom of the screen: add player to exchange.

make a bid as usual but use the option at the bottom of the screen: add player to exchange.

Yeah I found it. I hadn't realised that further up my news feed someone had made an offer for the player I was trying to exchange so it stopped me.

My 4'th save game try with Vitesse, four different tactics, fantastic players, trashings at home by NAC Breda. This game just ain't right. Christian Eriksen plays like Ronaldo and scores four per match, it's like i am playing with no keeper, and when in the name of Jesus has anyone seen a player one on one with a goalie pass BACKWARDS until the middle of the field.

My 4'th save game try with Vitesse, four different tactics, fantastic players, trashings at home by NAC Breda. This game just ain't right..

How did you get fantastic players at Vitesse? Did you add them in with the editor?

If you're being trashed at home by a team like Breda, it's certainly not the game that's 'not right'.

How did you get fantastic players at Vitesse? Did you add them in with the editor?

If you're being trashed at home by a team like Breda, it's certainly not the game that's 'not right'.

Do you do anything except have a pop at anyone who thinks the game isn't great?

Just offered Drente £30,000 Key player a week at Wolves. Joined Legia for £3,000 a week! :rolleyes:

Nae luck. Obviously prefers to play for a more positive manager, one that doesn't constantly moan. I don't blame him!

Do you do anything except have a pop at anyone who thinks the game isn't great?

There's a difference between someone who thinks the game isn't great, and gives constructive reasons why and someone who bleats constantly about it being 'broken' or 'not right'.

And anyway, you have a cheek, all you do is badmouth the game with nearly every single post. One wonders why you still bother to play it if you hate it that much.

Nae luck. Obviously prefers to play for a more positive manager, one that doesn't constantly moan. I don't blame him!

Maybe one that chats positive rubbish but can't actually see the wood for the trees? The game is flawed on so many levels.

There's a difference between someone who thinks the game isn't great, and gives constructive reasons why and someone who bleats constantly about it being 'broken' or 'not right'.

And anyway, you have a cheek, all you do is badmouth the game with nearly every single post. One wonders why you still bother to play it if you hate it that much.

I hate hangovers but still still drink, I hate heights but still fly. You get the point.....

The game is flawed on so many levels.

In your opinion. There's loads of players who love this version of the game, and can see it for the massive step forward for the series that it is.

I hate hangovers but still still drink, I hate heights but still fly. You get the point.....

:lol:

Terrible analogies there.

My 4'th save game try with Vitesse, four different tactics, fantastic players, trashings at home by NAC Breda. This game just ain't right. Christian Eriksen plays like Ronaldo and scores four per match, it's like i am playing with no keeper, and when in the name of Jesus has anyone seen a player one on one with a goalie pass BACKWARDS until the middle of the field.

I'm guessing NAC Breda are a weaker team. There are ways to break them down and beat them if they're playing too defensive. Shouts are important. Using shouts such as: drop deeper, play wider and stand off opponents will invite a defensive team onto you to allow you to break them down and get behind them.

Simply attacking a defensive team wont work as it will allow them to soak up the pressure, frustrate your players and then you'll become vulnerable. Some valuable lesson I learnt (I think it was from Cleon or wwfan) is that 'defensive' strategy will still attack, so whilst they're soaking up your pressure you're still susceptible to their attacks.

If the bickering doesn't stop.. it will be infractions for everyone for christmas this year... keep it on track.

Couple of things :

DOF : Very promising but I do wish there was an option for Managers to "finalise" transfers and loans OUT like you do with transfers and loans IN because I don't trust him implicitly as yet. At the start of the Summer window he decides to loan out Ravel Morrison - AGAIN -. I panic and take Morrison off the loan list but it still goes through on a non recall loan which is very frustrating as I now can't get him back.

Back Up Keepers : Still think it's tough to keep a back up keeper for a period of time as sooner or later they always get itchy feet.

Stat drop : Piquionne was magnificent for me for several months until suddenly after Christmas my Assistant said he was well past his best and his stats plummeted in the space of weeks and he was never the same again. Ok he was 34 and I wouldn't have kept him much longer anyway but unless he had too much booze and turkey over the festive period I am at a loss at such a quick stat drop.

Quick question : If your Head Scout is dealing with scouting we don't have to do anything do we? Just I brought in a couple of Scouts but it said "Add Assignment". Assumed Head Scout did all this?

Too bad i deleted the save game and haven't saved the team. I know how to build tactics and how to use shouts and i have had a successful save game in FM2013 with Rapid Bucharest with almost no problems at all, but CONSTRUCTIVELY, i think that when Nicklas Helenius is one on one with the opposite side's goalkeeper, turning around and passing to Ekdal or Kara in midfield is possibly one of the stupidest moves in the history of football. Is that constructive enough? As somebody noted earlier, i hate hangovers but i still drink, and i hate the game and the interface with a passion but i still play it in hope of some light.

Edit: I want to apologize in advance if i offended somebody or haven't given out enough explanations as to why i am experiencing "bad luck" with the game, but i have done it on numerous occasions and simply cannot stand it anymore. I didn't go all-out attacking, i prefer a Balanced - Control approach with a quick passing game, but since i eradicated 25 players from the old team and brought in 10-12 new faces what did i expect, right? Only problem is i saw somebody in this same thread talking about a brilliant season with Vitesse using the same transfer and tactic strategies, so yeah, makes one wonder.

Also, for the record, if you sell 20 players and with a foreground sugar daddy which keeps pumping money into the club, plus an 8 million euro transfer budget, i don't see why i couldn't get fantastic players at Vitesse. I had the likes of Esteban (Alkmaar), Albin Ekdal, Nicklas Helenius, Jasper Julesgard, Kara, Darko Lazovic, Royston Drenthe, Quiring, etc. I think that's fantastic enough.

Too bad i deleted the save game and haven't saved the team. I know how to build tactics and how to use shouts and i have had a successful save game in FM2013 with Rapid Bucharest with almost no problems at all, but CONSTRUCTIVELY, i think that when Nicklas Helenius is one on one with the opposite side's goalkeeper, turning around and passing to Ekdal or Kara in midfield is possibly one of the stupidest moves in the history of football. Is that constructive enough for you mate? As somebody noted earlier, i hate hangovers but i still drink, and i hate the game and the interface with a passion but i still play it in hope of some light. So yes, i respect your opinions, you are all tactical geniuses who never lose a game and know how to perfectly order all the nuts and bolts and have everything running like a charm, but for us ******* who paid a considerable amount of money to get FUN out of the game and find it basically unplayable for the om so many reasons mentioned in the last three months all over these forums, we'd just like to be excused.

Not sure who this was specifically aimed at but there's no real need for the attitude, people are only trying to help. The striker turning back and passing has been raised and SI are aware of the issue so it will be fixed.

Not sure who this was specifically aimed at but there's no real need for the attitude, people are only trying to help. The striker turning back and passing has been raised and SI are aware of the issue so it will be fixed.

Certainly not at you, i will be trying to implement the advice from your last post, but after all, this is a game forum and it's the internet, not the end of the world. I apologize again if i offended anyone.

i hate the game and the interface with a passion.

My advice would be to go and play something else then. Why on earth would you continue to play a game you so actively 'hate'? Makes no sense to me. Hangovers may be hated, but at least you enjoy the drinking part beforehand!

you are all tactical geniuses who never lose a game and know how to perfectly order all the nuts and bolts and have everything running like a charm

That certainly doesnae apply to me, I'm pretty useless at it, but as I generally go poor teams, I find that quite a realistic experience!

us ******* who paid a considerable amount of money to get FUN out of the game and find it basically unplayable for the om so many reasons mentioned in the last three months all over these forums, we'd just like to be excused.

There are many, many testimonies from people who thought the same as you, but taking the time to fully learn the game has reaped great rewards for them. Perhaps before you give up, you should read some of those, and try and put some of their ideas into practice. If not, there's millions of other games you could be playing. It just might be that this year's version simply isn't for you.

Thanks for listening.

My advice would be to go and play something else then. Why on earth would you continue to play a game you so actively 'hate'? Makes no sense to me. Hangovers may be hated, but at least you enjoy the drinking part beforehand!

That certainly doesnae apply to me, I'm pretty useless at it, but as I generally go poor teams, I find that quite a realistic experience!

There are many, many testimonies from people who thought the same as you, but taking the time to fully learn the game has reaped great rewards for them. Perhaps before you give up, you should read some of those, and try and put some of their ideas into practice. If not, there's millions of other games you could be playing. It just might be that this year's version simply isn't for you.

Thanks for listening.

Fair enough, but this is a game i've been playing since CM92/93. Can't give it up that easily.

Fair enough, but this is a game i've been playing since CM92/93. Can't give it up that easily.

Have you tried watching the games in 2D? Apart from reducing a lot of the animation glitches, the 2D view can be a great way to visualise how your tactics are working (or not), as you have a full view of the pitch and can see clearly how your team is laid out, and their movement in-game.

Have you tried watching the games in 2D? Apart from reducing a lot of the animation glitches, the 2D view can be a great way to visualise how your tactics are working (or not), as you have a full view of the pitch and can see clearly how your team is laid out, and their movement in-game.

Heh, funny you should mention it, but i think that since FM is FM i have never used 3D in game. That's one of the things i miss the most in FM13, the old skin and interface. This is very Apple iPod-ish and it's pretty hard to get used to. But yes, i do use 2D, and i will slow it down a notch.

Would the injury problem be reviewd? i´ve only made one game today, 3 injuries on my team, 1 in the other. i´m strike till this problem is resolved:), but seriously, this is becoming very annoing and limitate a lot my options during the game. i don´t make subs because i already know that i´m gonna have a player or more injured. so basically i have to got the same strategy in the entire 90minutes

As has been mentioned several thousand times by now surely,

The injuries are a result of the many changes to the ME and defending in particular and will be changed in the next patch.

Also been mentioned several 100 times.... No date confirmed... sometime around Christmas is usually a good bet though...

i´ve never saw this answered and i come dayli to this forums, will it be compatible with the save or i´ve to start a new game?

i´ve never saw this answered and i come dayli to this forums, will it be compatible with the save or i´ve to start a new game?

Match engine changes and most fixes will be compatible.

The only fixes that will not be compatible are those to the database. Those will require a new game (assuming there are any)

I think the "tone choices" available in press conferences are utterly pointless.

Also find the media reports of said conferences to be bordering on ridiculous. I often see "Frank Serpico has built a reputation of approaching press conferences in a calm fashion" which just makes me laugh.

I've never once in my life read a news report (IRL) that included something like "Jose Mourinho replied, assertively..." or "Alex Ferguson has been known to switch between calm and aggressive in equal measure during press conferences..." :D

Didn't really want to start a new thread for this so will ask here. Shouldn't my board be happy with me for turning down a higher reputation club when offered a job by them? Roma came in for me and asked me to take over but I said no as I wanted to see out my project at Parma, but my board didn't bat an eyelid. Should I be concerned?

As has been mentioned several thousand times by now surely,

The injuries are a result of the many changes to the ME and defending in particular and will be changed in the next patch.

So would you say it is a bug then?

Here's my non-ME feed back:

Absolute worst online FM experience ever designed / created by SI. Removing the Direct IP connect feature in lieu of Steam match making really destroyed this game. Almost 2 months and I can STILL NOT play an online game with my brother, despite all these "Troubleshooting" tips. I have bought the FM series faithfully since 07, and 2 years of FML as well (which is sorely missed btw) and I will NEVER purchase an SI product again if there is no solution so. Beyond ridiculous. To protect your intellectual property is one thing, to do it at the expense of your your core returning customers is a slap in the face. Surely there was a way to have Steam authenticate the game while still enabling purchasers to have direct IP connect capability. But alas, I know this isnt going anywhere, and will fall on deaf ears...rant over.

So would you say it is a bug then?

No, not a bug... just the result of the many tweaks implemented in the current patch.... I think i'm safe in saying it will be one of the main points looking to be solved in the upcoming patch.. which will probably be a result of tweaks to defending.