Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

That's why certain words are in CAPS ... so that people FOCUS on them because they are the important parts!

Yes, it was liberating a bit - but still doesn't make me happy playing FM13.

And where is the feedback thread exactly? I mean, why can't I post my frustrations in the General Discussion?

This would be true - except we were bidding at the same time. Arsenal got him for 19.5m and my bids up to 40m were rejected.

I've this in FM12 before.

Oh im not doubting what you say about FM12, there was an exact sale value in the game, but im not sure if its the same problem this year. Could possibly be that Baines is demanding to move to Arsenal but not to you, but bugs forum is best :)

Herbert Fandel ... who the hell gave you permission to move my Thread???????
You over-rate my powers! I can't move any threads. I'm guessing one of the mods put it in here, where it should be, as it is feedback

You over-rate my powers! I can't move any threads. I'm guessing one of the mods put it in here, where it should be, as it is feedback

I see ... ok then, my apologies.

I noticed my DoF didn't negotiate the deal - and I saw that Arsenal had a 19.5m bid accepted. I tried 19.5m - 30m - 40m - and only the 40.5m (every save) is accepted nothing less.

This would be true - except we were bidding at the same time. Arsenal got him for 19.5m and my bids up to 40m were rejected.

I've this in FM12 before.

Any club rivalry going on? Might be one reason.

Herbert Fandel ... who the hell gave you permission to move my Thread???????

That would be me... All feedback is to be kept in the relevant threads or we'll end up with a 100 threads a day.

I thought you might prefer it be moved to the correct place rather than just closed :)

That would be me... All feedback is to be kept in the relevant threads or we'll end up with a 100 threads a day.

I thought you might prefer it be moved to the correct place rather than just closed :)

Ok welshace, no problem. Tks.

The injury problems appear to be happen to people who play in specific ways. Either they're asking their players to do too much (ie always pressing, always high tempo), or their tactics are leaving big gaps in the formation leading to players having to rush around trying to plug them.

There are things you can obviously do to counter this, which will help cut down on the amount of injuries you have consideraly, but please also post examples in the bugs forum so SI can have a look at it.

As you can verify (in the screenshot below) so far my tactic resulted in two strikers and Willian injuried (in three official games). I believe in a solid pressing block, a low tempo and that in 95% of the games turns low kilometers (I can send other screenshots to prove that, if needed). Oddly, with this engine the team forgot to built and faced the game with an eagerness to make to the goal (in a very disorderly way).

DpLZr.png

Oh im not doubting what you say about FM12, there was an exact sale value in the game, but im not sure if its the same problem this year. Could possibly be that Baines is demanding to move to Arsenal but not to you, but bugs forum is best :)

I don't see what difference that would make to Everton accepting a bid from Arsenal that is half the price that I'm offering?

Are you saying the agent would demand the club transfer him to Arsenal?

What I'll do then is try to sign him for Arsenal and see if I can get him for that price. As Arsenal are obv a higher rated team.

I'll add two managers one with Arsenal and one with Spurs and see if I can get an offer of 20m from Arsenal accepted and a 40.5m from Spurs.

Any club rivalry going on? Might be one reason.

Between Everton and Spurs? I don't think so.

Hi,

I've been playing FM13 since the Beta was launched and I must admit, after more than a month, it's getting on my nerves - and for various reasons which I will outline below. I've installed the latest update, restarted the game several times and the same problems occur over and over again. I play with Liverpool - I know it's not a great team at the moment - but the stupidities I'm encountering in this game are far from realistic and they almost never occur irl! I'm saying 'almost' because maybe sometimes they do occur irl but not at the frequency they occur in FM13, that's for sure!

I'm not moaning because I don't win - far from it. I don't expect to be top of the league with Liverpool but I don't expect to lose every game either! Most of you will say - it's the Tactics - as usual. But I don't think so! I've been playing CM/FM since the first one that was released, many many years ago, and I believe I've got an idea about Tactics. I'm not a Tactical Genius, but in FM I'm quite good. I'm seriously thinking about ditching FM once and for all and if I do, I will certainly not buy it again in the future! FM12 was frustrating as well at first but after a few weeks it was ok and I was happy with it. With FM13, more than a month has passed, and I didn't see any improvements at all!

Anyway, here we go:

1. The Match Engine is really, really, crap in my opinion. To mention just a few, yesterday I was playing vs Tottenham and they scored from a through ball to Adebayor. Ok, no problem. After a few minutes, they scored a 2nd goal - EXACTLY IDENTICAL to the first. That is, from the right wing, through ball exactly (and when I say exactly, I mean it) like the 1st one, to Adebayor and goal. I got confused ... I thought I was seeing the replay of the 1st one!!!! That's how identical they were - literally the same movement, everything! Have you ever seen this irl???? I never did! It's crazy!

2. To mention more problems with the Match Engine .... either my Liverpool players are the stupidest on earth or the Match Engine is totally useless! The problems with the ball near our defenders and they ignore them completely are still there, even after the latest update. Also, I don't know if it happened to anyone .... I usually see the first 15 mins in Full (because someone in this Forum suggested it). Ok, that's fine ... even though I don't believe you can figure out the problems in ONLY the first 15 mins like they said - but anyway. TBH I almost never identify problems in the first 15 mins except from the stupidity of certain players (mostly mine) which irl you rarely see, especially from Premiership Pros! But anyway. The REAL problem is this ..... almost each time I switch from Full Match to Extended Highlights, I concede a goal!!!!!! I mean, this is totally crazy!!! From 3 games, to give an example, in 2 of them I conceded a goal a few seconds after I switched to Extended Highlights! Did this happen to anyone?

3. I honestly can't understand how Willian is totally underrated in this game! I mean, his 'ratings' are excellent but in the match, he almost never performs and gifts mosts of his passes to the opponent!!! I bought him after selling Glen Johnson (I don't like him at all) and with the money from this sale, I managed to get Willian. I bought him in FM12 and he was excellent from match 1!!!!! That's why I opted for him once again. But in FM13, he's totally useless!! I mean ... come on, I think everybody knows that irl Willian is an excellent player and there are many clubs after him at the moment! Why is he totally crap in FM13? And please note that I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION (AM C - Advanced Playmaker)! Totally NOT REAL!

4. Two other players which are very underrated in my opinion are Suarez and Sterling. Everybody knows what a player Suarez is and what a season he's having. But apparently, FM13 doesn't think so! On an average, in 4 games he performs well (MOM) in one and in the other 3 he's totally bad ... and with bad I mean a rating of 5.6 for example!!! COME ON!!!!! And again, like with Willian, I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION i.e. DLF with Support! Regarding Sterling, again, everyone knows what a season he's having and what a great player he is already! To have your first cap aged 17 is no joke! But, once again, FM13 doesn't rate him at all and he almost never performs ... low ratings basically in each match! And again, I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION!!!!

5. Now for the pitch dimensions. It seems that many people here design a tactic, for example with Narrow Width, and they are really successful with it - from what they say, it seems that they don't adjust their tactic according to the pitch they're playing on and apparently it doesn't make any difference because they keep winning! Far from real life for sure! I'm not saying that they are cheating ... but how can you always play with Narrow Width when the pitches are not of the same size? I mean, if the pitch is Wide that's ok. But if the pitch is Narrow, how come they succeed with Narrow Width? Can't really understand it! And while mentioning the pitch - while not mention the STUPID scout reports on the pitches! I always check the opponents' pitch sizes when playing away and if I see that it's 107M long and 64M wide, then, according to the information I got from various places, it tells me that the pitch is short and narrow. But Mr. Stupid Scout tells you that it's a long pitch and you would benefit from playing Direct passing!!!! COME ON man!!! According to the information I got when playing FM12, a pitch IS LONG if it's 110M+ and WIDE if it's 68M+ ... correct me if I'm wrong with this. So, how come a 107M pitch is long according to the stupid Scout reports? Also, he almost never mentions whether the pitch is Wide / Narrow .... only if it's long!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

6. One last thing regarding stupidity ... again, I know I'm playing with Liverpool, but I don't expect my Professional Players to not being able to pass the ball to their teammate only a few meters away. On MANY occasions, a simple short pass to a nearby teammate goes to a Throw! I mean, I would accept it if it happens once in a while but not if it happens about 10 TIMES in a game!!! Come on!!! If I was playing with a Conference Team, then I would probably accept it ... only probably. But not with a Premiership Team!!!! And no, THEY ARE NOT INSTRUCTED to play Direct/Long balls. I play Short passing and try to keep possession and keep the players close, but apparently my players are very stupid according to the ME!!!! Also, VERY OFTEN, my defenders have an option to pass it to a nearby teammate but out of the blue, they just kick it upfield to NO-ONE and we lose possession!! HELLO?!!?!?!??! I've instructed you to play short passing, why the hell you're gifting the ball to the opponent? And in my opinion this is a serious bug because like I said, it happens VERY OFTEN and the defenders won't be under much pressure when they do it. And what to say about Reina??? Everyone knows how good his kicking is .... but FM13 doesn't know apparently. His kicking is awful in the game ... each time he kicks the ball upfield, it's either to the opponents or out!!!! No way .... NOT REAL ... no way!!!

Well, I'm gonna stop there - not because there aren't MUCH MORE problems to outline but because if I mention them all I won't feel my fingers anymore!! That's how problematic / serious the situation with FM13 is!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Willian scored two almost identical goals against Chelsea in the CL recently, both times the RW burst into the box, cut it back for Willian to put it into the net. It does happen.

2. Extended highlights are just that, highlights. You're not going to see much passing about your players that amounts to nothing. You're going to see shots, set pieces, and goals. That is all, the clue is in the name.

3. Playing him in his preferred position isn't guaranteed to get the best out of him. He needs the players around him and the right tactical instructions. If your team is playing badly (as it sounds), it's unlikely you're going to be getting 8's out of him every game. Same for any other world class players you think you have. If your tactics are wrong, they're not going to perform. There's more to management than sticking a player in his preferred positions and crossing your fingers.

4. See point 3.

5. Sounds like a bug.

6. See point 2. You're watching the extended highlights. Do you concede possession all the time so easily when you watch the full match highlights? What is your possession and pass completion total after the game. For Liverpool I would have thought it would have been about 75-80% for pass completion. I was watching the Chelsea v City game this weekend with FM in mind, and was purposely looking out for loose passes and I was shocked at the amount of easy passes that went astray. Just because it looks simple, doesn't mean it cannot miss it's target or be intercepted. It does happen.

A suggestion. Take some time out. Then head to the tactics forum and post up your formation and instructions. Someone there will be able to tell you why players are not performing and how to get the best results with the players you have.

Good luck.

As you can verify (in the screenshot below) so far my tactic resulted in two strikers and Willian injuried (in three official games). I believe in a solid pressing block, a low tempo and that in 95% of the games turns low kilometers (I can send other screenshots to prove that, if needed). Oddly, with this engine the team forgot to built and faced the game with an eagerness to make to the goal (in a very disorderly way).

DpLZr.png

By the looks of it there's quite a lot of gaps in your tactics, meaning there'll be a lot of rushing around trying to recover. Try bringing it up in the Tactics forum and see what they have to say.

Between Everton and Spurs? I don't think so.

Definitely a strange one.

Does their manager absolutely detest you or something? (even if he does, it shouldn't be that​ much of a problem)

It's not like that at all, all major software releases now work this way because the only real test is when hundreds of thousands of punters get their hands on it.

The difference between products is the willingness of the developer to continue fixing and improving it beyond release.

How did we cope before the internet, eh?

I have just gone back to FM 12 after a few weeks of FM 13. I find it quite difficult to pinpoint exactly why, ultimately I am not enjoying it as much as FM12. I have tried to explain a few areas below:

- I struggle a little bit with the new user interface, I seem to have to 'think' a lot more about finding bits of information I want to know and more importantly I don't seem to instantly remember where things are once I have found them. It's frustrating looking for something when you were looking at it 10 minutes ago.

- Training seems to have become a bit pointless. At least with the sliders I felt I had to try and implement my own training regimes. Simply clicking a focus is tedious. I just can't be arsed and have delegated the role to the assistant who then appears to allocate a little randomly.

- Were team talks broken in FM12? Although a little repetitive I thought they were pretty good. Now I just seem to **** everyone off when I open my mouth.

- I have a decent laptop/PC and everything seems a little slower then FM12.

- I can't gain any consistency with results. I win or lose a couple of matches then smash a team or get easily beaten. I find it generally more difficult but will try again at some point, maybe after another patch.

Hi,

I've been playing FM13 since the Beta was launched and I must admit, after more than a month, it's getting on my nerves - and for various reasons which I will outline below. I've installed the latest update, restarted the game several times and the same problems occur over and over again. I play with Liverpool - I know it's not a great team at the moment - but the stupidities I'm encountering in this game are far from realistic and they almost never occur irl! I'm saying 'almost' because maybe sometimes they do occur irl but not at the frequency they occur in FM13, that's for sure!

I'm not moaning because I don't win - far from it. I don't expect to be top of the league with Liverpool but I don't expect to lose every game either! Most of you will say - it's the Tactics - as usual. But I don't think so! I've been playing CM/FM since the first one that was released, many many years ago, and I believe I've got an idea about Tactics. I'm not a Tactical Genius, but in FM I'm quite good. I'm seriously thinking about ditching FM once and for all and if I do, I will certainly not buy it again in the future! FM12 was frustrating as well at first but after a few weeks it was ok and I was happy with it. With FM13, more than a month has passed, and I didn't see any improvements at all!

Anyway, here we go:

1. The Match Engine is really, really, crap in my opinion. To mention just a few, yesterday I was playing vs Tottenham and they scored from a through ball to Adebayor. Ok, no problem. After a few minutes, they scored a 2nd goal - EXACTLY IDENTICAL to the first. That is, from the right wing, through ball exactly (and when I say exactly, I mean it) like the 1st one, to Adebayor and goal. I got confused ... I thought I was seeing the replay of the 1st one!!!! That's how identical they were - literally the same movement, everything! Have you ever seen this irl???? I never did! It's crazy!

2. To mention more problems with the Match Engine .... either my Liverpool players are the stupidest on earth or the Match Engine is totally useless! The problems with the ball near our defenders and they ignore them completely are still there, even after the latest update. Also, I don't know if it happened to anyone .... I usually see the first 15 mins in Full (because someone in this Forum suggested it). Ok, that's fine ... even though I don't believe you can figure out the problems in ONLY the first 15 mins like they said - but anyway. TBH I almost never identify problems in the first 15 mins except from the stupidity of certain players (mostly mine) which irl you rarely see, especially from Premiership Pros! But anyway. The REAL problem is this ..... almost each time I switch from Full Match to Extended Highlights, I concede a goal!!!!!! I mean, this is totally crazy!!! From 3 games, to give an example, in 2 of them I conceded a goal a few seconds after I switched to Extended Highlights! Did this happen to anyone?

3. I honestly can't understand how Willian is totally underrated in this game! I mean, his 'ratings' are excellent but in the match, he almost never performs and gifts mosts of his passes to the opponent!!! I bought him after selling Glen Johnson (I don't like him at all) and with the money from this sale, I managed to get Willian. I bought him in FM12 and he was excellent from match 1!!!!! That's why I opted for him once again. But in FM13, he's totally useless!! I mean ... come on, I think everybody knows that irl Willian is an excellent player and there are many clubs after him at the moment! Why is he totally crap in FM13? And please note that I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION (AM C - Advanced Playmaker)! Totally NOT REAL!

4. Two other players which are very underrated in my opinion are Suarez and Sterling. Everybody knows what a player Suarez is and what a season he's having. But apparently, FM13 doesn't think so! On an average, in 4 games he performs well (MOM) in one and in the other 3 he's totally bad ... and with bad I mean a rating of 5.6 for example!!! COME ON!!!!! And again, like with Willian, I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION i.e. DLF with Support! Regarding Sterling, again, everyone knows what a season he's having and what a great player he is already! To have your first cap aged 17 is no joke! But, once again, FM13 doesn't rate him at all and he almost never performs ... low ratings basically in each match! And again, I play him in his PREFERRED POSITION!!!!

5. Now for the pitch dimensions. It seems that many people here design a tactic, for example with Narrow Width, and they are really successful with it - from what they say, it seems that they don't adjust their tactic according to the pitch they're playing on and apparently it doesn't make any difference because they keep winning! Far from real life for sure! I'm not saying that they are cheating ... but how can you always play with Narrow Width when the pitches are not of the same size? I mean, if the pitch is Wide that's ok. But if the pitch is Narrow, how come they succeed with Narrow Width? Can't really understand it! And while mentioning the pitch - while not mention the STUPID scout reports on the pitches! I always check the opponents' pitch sizes when playing away and if I see that it's 107M long and 64M wide, then, according to the information I got from various places, it tells me that the pitch is short and narrow. But Mr. Stupid Scout tells you that it's a long pitch and you would benefit from playing Direct passing!!!! COME ON man!!! According to the information I got when playing FM12, a pitch IS LONG if it's 110M+ and WIDE if it's 68M+ ... correct me if I'm wrong with this. So, how come a 107M pitch is long according to the stupid Scout reports? Also, he almost never mentions whether the pitch is Wide / Narrow .... only if it's long!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

6. One last thing regarding stupidity ... again, I know I'm playing with Liverpool, but I don't expect my Professional Players to not being able to pass the ball to their teammate only a few meters away. On MANY occasions, a simple short pass to a nearby teammate goes to a Throw! I mean, I would accept it if it happens once in a while but not if it happens about 10 TIMES in a game!!! Come on!!! If I was playing with a Conference Team, then I would probably accept it ... only probably. But not with a Premiership Team!!!! And no, THEY ARE NOT INSTRUCTED to play Direct/Long balls. I play Short passing and try to keep possession and keep the players close, but apparently my players are very stupid according to the ME!!!! Also, VERY OFTEN, my defenders have an option to pass it to a nearby teammate but out of the blue, they just kick it upfield to NO-ONE and we lose possession!! HELLO?!!?!?!??! I've instructed you to play short passing, why the hell you're gifting the ball to the opponent? And in my opinion this is a serious bug because like I said, it happens VERY OFTEN and the defenders won't be under much pressure when they do it. And what to say about Reina??? Everyone knows how good his kicking is .... but FM13 doesn't know apparently. His kicking is awful in the game ... each time he kicks the ball upfield, it's either to the opponents or out!!!! No way .... NOT REAL ... no way!!!

Well, I'm gonna stop there - not because there aren't MUCH MORE problems to outline but because if I mention them all I won't feel my fingers anymore!! That's how problematic / serious the situation with FM13 is!

Thanks.

Where has my reply to this gone?

Where has my reply to this gone?

About 5 posts up. Still showing for me.

Thanks.

New players are rubbish for at least 6 months. I recommend using him as a sub and in unimportant matches until January. From then on he will stop hesitating so much, and will start increasing his pass completion ratio (in highlights) from about 10% to a normal ratio by the end of the first season. If you're lucky. The player adaptation and tactical familiarity thing is in my opinion highly exaggerated in FM. I have yet to see a single signing perform well from the first match, which happens often in real life.

New players are rubbish for at least 6 months. I recommend using him as a sub and in unimportant matches until January. From then on he will stop hesitating so much, and will start increasing his pass completion ratio (in highlights) from about 10% to a normal ratio by the end of the first season. If you're lucky. The player adaptation and tactical familiarity thing is in my opinion highly exaggerated in FM. I have yet to see a single signing perform well from the first match, which happens often in real life.

I have, I've got loads who perform well from the off after signing them.

I don't see what difference that would make to Everton accepting a bid from Arsenal that is half the price that I'm offering?

Are you saying the agent would demand the club transfer him to Arsenal?

What I'll do then is try to sign him for Arsenal and see if I can get him for that price. As Arsenal are obv a higher rated team.

I'll add two managers one with Arsenal and one with Spurs and see if I can get an offer of 20m from Arsenal accepted and a 40.5m from Spurs.

Yeah sorry i ment maybe Baines wants to move to Arsenal and you know when your negotiating a bid from a big team for one of your players you usually get the statement "player would like to discuss terms", my only thought is maybe this happens and it forces the AI's hand. Short of that it should def be reported.

Hyperbole, every time. Its more than possible to get a new player to play well.

The trajectory of the ball is sometimes ridiculous. The opposition broke down the left wing and put a cross in which missed everyone and curled back out of my penalty area and up my wing. It went straight to my striker who scored. If the winger had hit it any harder it would of done a full circle and hit him in the back of the head.

The trajectory of the ball is sometimes ridiculous. The opposition broke down the left wing and put a cross in which missed everyone and curled back out of my penalty area and up my wing. It went straight to my striker who scored. If the winger had hit it any harder it would of done a full circle and hit him in the back of the head.

Please post a PKM of it in the bugs forum so SI can have a look at it, thanks.

Gotta love that sentence.

Its the new SI forums buzzword i think.

Sadly i didnt trend it, Herbert is leading the line. :D

I am a fanatic for the game, 99 cm from the game, buy the game and always working for improvement of this simulator that is exciting for me, the best game in the world! I have created many threads here and being boring, I know, do more for the good of the game, I downloaded all the logos, kits possible yet, I downloaded alloys extras, like I did a search for updates and editor improving the particular date I think in ruin game.

I am here to report that the main problems encountered in FM 2013:

- When going in News (subscription) and configured the game our way, and we shook continue the next day all around the starting point, this is very annoying!

- When researching a player, that you go completing his name left the game buggy, looking like it's locked

- When we search any player or staff member that "area" in which we try and have the option to discard unrealistic transfers for example, when we click on that player feel a delay loading the player to return to this page when you click the arrow right at the top left of the screen back normal, without slowing down.

- Sometimes when we click on any league and after stages, the game takes to load and display the page tel championship (classification)

- When we negotiate a contract with some players (who do not want to negotiate or why has no Intent for not being the country of my team, or have recently left my team) appears mistranslation, comes in English and I play in Portuguese.

- The game is consuming too much memory, here comes the 1 gig and 400, the CPU usage is 25 percent, and it takes very boring and annoying to spend the day, I see people I know and friends that say the same thing and with great machines, I'm being criticized for this comment is more a truth, know that Si knows it, and I'm here willing to give the information as it is to improve, because I am a big fan of the game.

Finally, I come here to say that I loved the beta was very good idea, because the game just less bugs corrected, for that matter to me the game est; virtually with 0 bugs, the 3D is perfect, and I saw a lot of changes everything !

A big hug to everyone! I await news!

Hyperbole, every time. Its more than possible to get a new player to play well.

Oh I didn't say that it isn't possible. But given that Willian is a Brazilian it is more than likely that what is wrong with him is that he is a new signing and not anything to do with tactics.

It is just as much hyperbole to assume that since you have had a player who played well to begin with, everything is fine with the player adaptation code...

I signed a whole new Leeds team and still went unbeaten the whole season, with all performing brilliantly from the get go..

just an example:

Majeed scored a hattrick on his debut

Pohjanpolo had 2 assists

I'm almost convinced you are looking for area's in which the game is wrong Biggus.... everyday you are here with something new which seem to have people scratching their heads about where you are seeing it.

Adaption is a huge factor...

For a very real example right now, check Kagawa... was unreal in the Bundesliga.. hasn't really got going yet for united, and almost everyone in the game agrees he will pick up the pace after a season or so to adapt and acclimatise to the league.

Oh I didn't say that it isn't possible. But given that Willian is a Brazilian it is more than likely that what is wrong with him is that he is a new signing and not anything to do with tactics.

It is just as much hyperbole to assume that since you have had a player who played well to begin with, everything is fine with the player adaptation code...

I quote

I have yet to see a single signing perform well from the first match, which happens often in real life

So yes you did say that, which is nonsense.

It is more than likely the user is not playing to his strengths and has not set up his team to play to his strengths. Most likely just dumped him in and expected miracles.

I really wish you would stop giving FM advice. It would make my day so much happier. :)

Definitely a strange one.

Does their manager absolutely detest you or something? (even if he does, it shouldn't be that​ much of a problem)

Definitely going to get stuck in on this later with some tests to see if I can get him cheaper perhaps by unsettling him or something.

Perhaps it was Arsenal that made a statement saying they were interested...

But certainly not the first time I've noticed a team signing a player for much cheaper than I had bid.

I signed a whole new Leeds team and still went unbeaten the whole season, with all performing brilliantly from the get go..

just an example:

Pohjanpolo had 2 assists

I'm almost convinced you are looking for area's in which the game is wrong Biggus.... everyday you are here with something new which seem to have people scratching their heads about where you are seeing it.

For a very real example right now, check Kagawa... was unreal in the Bundesliga.. hasn't really got going yet for united, and almost everyone in the game agrees he will pick up the pace after a season or so to adapt and acclimatise to the league.

There's at least 2 bugs there, you'd better report that :D

I quote

So yes you did say that, which is nonsense.

It is more than likely the user is not playing to his strengths and has not set up his team to play to his strengths. Most likely just dumped him in and expected miracles.

I really wish you would stop giving FM advice. It would make my day so much happier. :)

Just like I wish you would stop -not- giving advice but still racking up dozens of posts every day. I have no interest whatsoever seeing you happy btw.

It is not nonsense, but the truth. If I sign a Brazilian with much better technique and passing etc than any other player at his level (in the BSS), I expect to see him actually pass to his teammates more than being the cause of loss of possession. Maybe he would have trouble finding his positions and maybe the passing choices would be off (shorter, more defensive than they should be for instance), but why on earth would he lose his passing technique just by crossing the Atlantic?

just an example:

Pohjanpolo had 2 assists

Yes of course adaptation is a huge factor, but when it feels pointless signing players, maybe it is a bit too huge? Shouldn't I expect a player that is hand-picked for a certain role in my team to strengthen it if he is better than the one that I replaced? People have posted about horrible mistakes being commonplace in their games - but how many of those do you think are made by new signings? It is not only me who is seeing absolutely horrible mistakes from good players, but maybe there's a connection there? I think there is one, at least.

I see what everyone else (but the moderators) are seeing every day playing this game; there are too many too big mistakes and too high randomness not to results but to performances. What I'm doing her is to try to pinpoint the causes beyond the obvious "sort it out SI" comments that you see everywhere.

By the looks of it there's quite a lot of gaps in your tactics, meaning there'll be a lot of rushing around trying to recover. Try bringing it up in the Tactics forum and see what they have to say.

By the looks of your reply it seems that you don't give a crap about this game. I'm reporting a bug, not looking for tactical advice or even discuss football.

As I wrote in my first post, I play this game for 16 years and my tactic always worked (maybe you'll say that the game is favoring me for 16 years... Who knows?), either online or offline - with FC Porto, SC Espinho, SC Salgueiros, CS Marítimo, and so on... not with multimillion teams. I'm just reporting a bug in a game (that I've payed and it's not open-source), you say that my team runs a lot, I tell otherwise.

7OBQM.png

These are all the games I've played so far, with this save game (and one friendly). In the fourth official match another injury (Varela), so... 4 offical matches = 4 official injuries... 2 Right Wingers, 2 Strikers.

P.S.: I wrote inicially that I'm not discussing football, however it's quite obvious that if you have a team that favours possesion with a low rhythm and plays in a small field (infield!? "campo pequeno", I'm not sure of the expression in english but I believe that José Mourinho must used it in the flash-interviews) will wear out less running after the ball. And the engine respects that - which is one of the great merits that I give to the CM/FM sequel in it's tactical evolution -, but the injuries and the sloppy way in which the teams play in this last patch are bugs that deserve reporting.

P.P.S.: This is my first bug report, I never thought that the customer complaints were so true regarding the support provided by this forum - now I'm feeling it in the flesh. I am amazed by the levity in the answers given and once again I did not come here to discuss football...

Yes of course adaptation is a huge factor, but when it feels pointless signing players, maybe it is a bit too huge? Shouldn't I expect a player that is hand-picked for a certain role in my team to strengthen it if he is better than the one that I replaced? People have posted about horrible mistakes being commonplace in their games - but how many of those do you think are made by new signings? It is not only me who is seeing absolutely horrible mistakes from good players, but maybe there's a connection there? I think there is one, at least.

I see what everyone else (but the moderators) are seeing every day playing this game; there are too many too big mistakes and too high randomness not to results but to performances. What I'm doing her is to try to pinpoint the causes beyond the obvious "sort it out SI" comments that you see everywhere.

I appreciate everything you say above apart from the obvious and lazy conclusion that just because someone is a mod that they instantly HAVE to defend the game to a hilt... just not the case.... I bought the game and play it just the same as everyone else and expect the same enjoyment as everyone...

When people buy a new player, they can surely expect them to improve the team if given enough time to fit in... team cohesion is a huge factor irl and is the same in game... as it should be....

Not sure how you can connect anything in that that's 'wrong' with the game.

Just like I wish you would stop -not- giving advice but still racking up dozens of posts every day. I have no interest whatsoever seeing you happy btw.

It is not nonsense, but the truth. If I sign a Brazilian with much better technique and passing etc than any other player at his level (in the BSS), I expect to see him actually pass to his teammates more than being the cause of loss of possession. Maybe he would have trouble finding his positions and maybe the passing choices would be off (shorter, more defensive than they should be for instance), but why on earth would he lose his passing technique just by crossing the Atlantic?

Problems with communication.. problems with the pace of the game ... any number of issues....

SEE: Veron, SWP, Aquilani, Shevchenko .. the list goes on.

You think shevchenko suddenly got rubbish?

Maybe you should phone Veron and the countless others that have failed when coming to this country and ask them what happened, how did he go from being one of the worlds best midfielders, to being a bit part player for United, and then sold for a fraction they paid?

By the looks of your reply it seems that you don't give a crap about this game. I'm reporting a bug, not looking for tactical advice or even discuss football.

As I wrote in my first post, I play this game for 16 years and my tactic always worked (maybe you'll say that the game is favoring me for 16 years... Who knows?), either online or offline - with FC Porto, SC Espinho, SC Salgueiros, CS Marítimo, and so on... not with multimillion teams. I'm just reporting a bug in a game (that I've payed and it's not open-source), you say that my team runs a lot, I tell otherwise.

7OBQM.png

These are all the games I've played so far, with this save game (and one friendly). In the fourth official match another injury (Varela), so... 4 offical matches = 4 official injuries... 2 Right Wingers, 2 Strikers.

P.S.: I wrote inicially that I'm not discussing football, however it's quite obvious that if you have a team that favours possesion with a low rhythm and plays in a small field (infield!? "campo pequeno", I'm not sure of the expression in english but I believe that José Mourinho must used it in the flash-interviews) will wear out less running after the ball. And the engine respects that - which is one of the great merits that I give to the CM/FM sequel in it's tactical evolution -, but the injuries and the sloppy way in which the teams play in this last patch are bugs that deserve reporting.

P.P.S.: This is my first bug report, I never thought that the customer complaints were so true regarding the support provided by this forum - now I'm feeling it in the flesh. I am amazed by the levity in the answers given and once again I did not come here to discuss football...

I give a massive "crap" about this game, having spent over half my life playing it and a considerable amount of time working on it. You need to realise that this year the match engine, and the way you have to approach it, have changed drastically. A lot of what people used to do just won't work any more.

All I'm offering is ways for you to stop the problems happening in your game, or at least reduce them. Unfortunately, your reaction, as it seems to be with most people around here these days, is to completely dismiss any advice given and just carry on regardless.

I appreciate everything you say above apart from the obvious and lazy conclusion that just because someone is a mod that they instantly HAVE to defend the game to a hilt... just not the case.... I bought the game and play it just the same as everyone else and expect the same enjoyment as everyone...

When people buy a new player, they can surely expect them to improve the team if given enough time to fit in... team cohesion is a huge factor irl and is the same in game... as it should be....

Not sure how you can connect anything in that that's 'wrong' with the game.

There has been a lot of "it's your tactics" lately. There's a message in itself there for the developers. If there are certain necessities that has to be in every tactic in order for it to work to the standard that the AI tactics are obviously working, then there are no rewards for experimenting. No room to be clever. Sure it is realistic but is it fun?

What is the most fun, riding the train or driving a car? If it is indeed a fact now that the internal logic of the ME is of such a nature that you can't think out-of-the-box and try different things; that you have to use shouts to play wider, to manually adjust a player's role during a match because your players are incapable of adjusting such minute differences themselves; that you are essentially only allowed to do exactly the same as the AI. Then that is like riding the bus - maybe someone should make a tactical change bot that automatically assigned whatever necessity we managers otherwise would have as chores; they exploit my flanks - yup I play wider and set the FB's to Defensive. They drop deeper, ok I push up. They push up, ok I drop deeper. They go to attacking, ok I go more narrow. I am the favourite ok I go attacking. I am the underdog ok I go counter. Reaction reaction reaction... even as Real Madrid vs Albacete. Nice busride.

Driving the car, then it is me playing. My decisions must be reacted to. So when I score first as Real Madrid vs Albacete, and Albacete tries to go more attacking to get that equalizer, to push up a bit... they don't actually succeed doing so. Well sometimes they do but rarely - mostly because of complacency and lack of concentration, not because Ramos can't handle that their WM became an IF without me changing his role to stop him. Or maybe they counter in a goal first and keep it tight. My plan failed. Time to think. Their plan was always to counter in a goal on the break, so it wasn't me reacting. It is up to me how I play, not small squares set up by the ME, in a large box made of AI tactics. That's claustrophobic.

Maybe it will be more fun for me just holidaying past the matches, since the menial task of reacting to what the AI does is more the line of work my AI assistant would like to do, while I could concentrate on dipping my toes into the blue lagoon somewhere on The Seychelles except in January, June and July.

I give a massive "crap" about this game, having spent over half my life playing it and a considerable amount of time working on it. You need to realise that this year the match engine, and the way you have to approach it, have changed drastically. A lot of what people used to do just won't work any more.

All I'm offering is ways for you to stop the problems happening in your game, or at least reduce them. Unfortunately, your reaction, as it seems to be with most people around here these days, is to completely dismiss any advice given and just carry on regardless.

And I bought it and together we make a community that makes this game. For someone who plays for so long and says that gives advices: so far not even one was positive, just a bunch of pro forma answers and concerning my reaction, as you so well put, it was a reaction - I'm sure that means something to you.

The injuries in 7 and 9 positions aren't normal... As well the way in which the game it's being emulated in this new ME.

There has been a lot of "it's your tactics" lately. There's a message in itself there for the developers. If there are certain necessities that has to be in every tactic in order for it to work to the standard that the AI tactics are obviously working, then there are no rewards for experimenting. No room to be clever. Sure it is realistic but is it fun?

What is the most fun, riding the train or driving a car? If it is indeed a fact now that the internal logic of the ME is of such a nature that you can't think out-of-the-box and try different things; that you have to use shouts to play wider, to manually adjust a player's role during a match because your players are incapable of adjusting such minute differences themselves; that you are essentially only allowed to do exactly the same as the AI. Then that is like riding the bus - maybe someone should make a tactical change bot that automatically assigned whatever necessity we managers otherwise would have as chores; they exploit my flanks - yup I play wider and set the FB's to Defensive. They drop deeper, ok I push up. They push up, ok I drop deeper. They go to attacking, ok I go more narrow. I am the favourite ok I go attacking. I am the underdog ok I go counter. Reaction reaction reaction... even as Real Madrid vs Albacete. Nice busride.

Driving the car, then it is me playing. My decisions must be reacted to. So when I score first as Real Madrid vs Albacete, and Albacete tries to go more attacking to get that equalizer, to push up a bit... they don't actually succeed doing so. Well sometimes they do but rarely - mostly because of complacency and lack of concentration, not because Ramos can't handle that their WM became an IF without me changing his role to stop him. Or maybe they counter in a goal first and keep it tight. My plan failed. Time to think. Their plan was always to counter in a goal on the break, so it wasn't me reacting. It is up to me how I play, not small squares set up by the ME, in a large box made of AI tactics. That's claustrophobic.

Maybe it will be more fun for me just holidaying past the matches, since the menial task of reacting to what the AI does is more the line of work my AI assistant would like to do, while I could concentrate on dipping my toes into the blue lagoon somewhere on The Seychelles except in January, June and July.

I'm sorry.... but that's football... and that's football management.

Your whole job as a manager is too react, change and counter the oppositions tactics in a game.. If you don't like this part, I fear you have got the wrong end of the stick by playing the game :/.

Just wanted to ask: If you offer a trial, shouldn't you be able to change that to a full-time contract without having to withdraw the trial contract. Makes sense?

In my current save I offered a trial contract, another team offers a full-time contract - I don't want to lose the player so I want to change the trial to a full-time contract. But I can't, not without withdrawing the trial first making the player mad - as he sees it as a contract negotiation gone bad. Is this by design or a bug?

I'm sorry.... but that's football... and that's football management.

Your whole job as a manager is too react, change and counter the oppositions tactics in a game.. If you don't like this part, I fear you have got the wrong end of the stick by playing the game :/.

It isn't the manager that plays football, it is the players. With general, rather non-specific/extreme player and team instructions, and high creative freedom, the players should be able to handle most of the things thrown at them, if they are good players for the level. That was the case in FM12, but it is not the case now. I cannot see what CF does in FM13 at all. It does nothing defensively at least, nor does it seem to affect decision-making.

I see that many people in here requires this game to have visible effects from small changes to roles and duties, and team instructions. That is fine, but there needs to be a balance. I feel that it has taken too sharp a turn in the other direction, with very little room to maneuver outside of what is decided for you. I am all for advanced possession football being reserved for excellent players with excellent technique, but maybe this too has gone too far in the other direction, at least combined with team coherence being so harsh.

Granted, now that the date says November in my Blackburn game 2nd season, and team cohesion has let go of its cold, hard, damp skeletal grip a bit, consistency has improved somewhat although there are very few goals in most of my games. I get a striker injured/seriously knocked every game (at least 4 in a row now) and most matches are incredibly dull for the crowd, but thrillers for me of course. I won 1-0 away vs Fulham with 1 shot on goal, and drew 0-0 away vs Liverpool but then I was the best team and -they-- had only one shot at goal. Next match at home vs uhm don't remember I have 0 shots at goal and they 1 -another bore draw. Thankfully I don't care since attacking football is still ineffective and too hazardous as far as I have experienced it. I'd rather end up mid-table as I promised, relying on destructive football, than losing because of yet another through-ball from the flanks. I guess flukes and strokes even themselves out over a season so that's more of a suspension of disbelief-thing than anything else.

Trying to arrange friendly matches for my reserve team as for some reason they don't have any games this season. However, the matches are not taking place and I'm not getting any notifications as to why they're not accepted or cancelled. Is it supposed to happen like this or should I at least be declined first?

When I used to play in real life, if I was told to man mark or do specific action, i do just that regardless of the big picture of how the game is going or else I would get a lot of flak from the rest of the team about standing off someone due to what I perceived to be open spaces around me if I close in etc.

A lot of players do that and so if the person I am marking is told to act in a way that draws me out to open weaknesses, I will have done that exactly. As coach you should be able see that and give me new instructions accordingly.

1. Willian scored two almost identical goals against Chelsea in the CL recently, both times the RW burst into the box, cut it back for Willian to put it into the net. It does happen.

2. Extended highlights are just that, highlights. You're not going to see much passing about your players that amounts to nothing. You're going to see shots, set pieces, and goals. That is all, the clue is in the name.

3. Playing him in his preferred position isn't guaranteed to get the best out of him. He needs the players around him and the right tactical instructions. If your team is playing badly (as it sounds), it's unlikely you're going to be getting 8's out of him every game. Same for any other world class players you think you have. If your tactics are wrong, they're not going to perform. There's more to management than sticking a player in his preferred positions and crossing your fingers.

4. See point 3.

5. Sounds like a bug.

6. See point 2. You're watching the extended highlights. Do you concede possession all the time so easily when you watch the full match highlights? What is your possession and pass completion total after the game. For Liverpool I would have thought it would have been about 75-80% for pass completion. I was watching the Chelsea v City game this weekend with FM in mind, and was purposely looking out for loose passes and I was shocked at the amount of easy passes that went astray. Just because it looks simple, doesn't mean it cannot miss it's target or be intercepted. It does happen.

A suggestion. Take some time out. Then head to the tactics forum and post up your formation and instructions. Someone there will be able to tell you why players are not performing and how to get the best results with the players you have.

Good luck.

Tks for your feedback OneUnited.

1. You said 'almost' identical .... the ones scored by Adebayor against me where 'exactly' identical, I can assure you. Like I said, I thought it was the replay of the 1st goal!

2. Do you work? Or you have nothing to do and stay all day at home playing FM13? Because if that's the case, then you have a lot of time to watch the games in Full. I work 10 hours a day and only have about 2 hours a day (sometimes nothing) to play FM13. And only at night, between 11pm - 2am. Sometimes my wife finds me asleep on the chair, you can imagine!! Therefore I don't have the freakin time to watch all the games in Full! If I did so, I wouldn't manage to finish 1 season before FM14 comes out! Come on, be real ... for people like us who work for long hours, it's impossible to watch each game in Full. Therefore, in my opinion, this should be taken into consideration when designing the game. The Extended Highlights should be designed to give you a lot of details in order for you to adjust tactics etc!

3 & 4. I don't expect that I play him in his preferred position and miracles happen, no! I'm not stupid! But at least I expect star players like Willian and Suarez to perform. Even when the team is playing badly - YES. That's when World Class players show their quality, when their team is not performing. Do you follow Football (aka Soccer) or American Football OneUnited?

5 & 6. I don't need to answer you. I don't agree with you anyway.