Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

Was recently selecting a team based on potential. And I had the team selected and all. I went to click the tiny arrow beside the "Ask to Pick" button and accidentally hit it.

I immediately hit CTRL Z and nothing happened - hmmmmmm - CTRL Z is a standard undo for a long time.

Would really like this added in the Team Selection.

CTRL SHIFT Z or CTRL Y to reinstate.... or just an general undo button.

All I wanted to say was "you were good in the last match"

There's no middle ground here?

nomiddleground.PNG

Tax bug not fixed?

Installed the patch and played for a season or so. Tax paid has come down but still at VERY high levels (last month made a loss of £4m and paid tax of £1.7m??).

Anyone else noticing this?

Tax is based on last season, so that you made a 4m loss last month doesnt mean anything till you tally it up for next season i'm afraid. Most realistic clubs record a loss per month most of the year then balance it out in the end with pricemoney/tv money/season tickets.

With regards to the injury problem. I had a look at my old FM12 save and i seemed to notice more injuries in stats section than within FM 13. Anyone see the same?

All I wanted to say was "you were good in the last match"

There's no middle ground here?

nomiddleground.PNG

Pick passing or defending it makes zero difference.

Is there not other options under say 'calm'?

Nope all the options are identical.

Pick passing or defending it makes zero difference.

Exactly.

Tax bug not fixed?

Installed the patch and played for a season or so. Tax paid has come down but still at VERY high levels (last month made a loss of £4m and paid tax of £1.7m??).

Anyone else noticing this?

Don't quote me on this but sure there are other taxes to pay...

Having played more games post update, I am seeing a lot of injuries, although I don't have anything to benchmark against so I'm not sure if my view of "a lot" is actually different to the norm.

I can remember a version or two ago of FM where there was a genuine issue with injuries (subsequently resolved), and am wondering if the same combination of coding tweaks has resulted in the same thing resurfacing.

Tax is based on last season, so that you made a 4m loss last month doesnt mean anything till you tally it up for next season i'm afraid. Most realistic clubs record a loss per month most of the year then balance it out in the end with pricemoney/tv money/season tickets.

Thanks maybe that helps. But £1.7m a month is around £20m in tax. I made a lot less than that in profit the previous season. Still feels like the rates are a bit off.

Played a handful of games post update & have noticed a big difference in defending & restricting opposition chances - I beat Altrincham 2-1 with their only shot coming in the 89th minute (they scored obviously) similarly this was followed by a 3-1 success away to Braintree where their 1st shot came around the 79th minute.

Before the last 2 games of the season I wrapped up the league with a 3-0 victory at home to Stafford - I think they had one shot off target again towards the end of the match.

6 seasons I've spent in the BlueSqNorth & finally claiming the title with 3 games to go was a satisfying experience. I enjoy the fact that it was, in my opinion, a really hard struggle & I actually welcome the fact as It's improved the gameplay.

Ultimately I'm pleased I have got the addictive "FM factor" back, something that was missing due to the fact of my ineffective tactics. Anyhow, Next for FC Halifax - Life in the BSP!

Excellent post.

This has to be 1 of the most unrealistic things I've seen. Avram Grant as England manager in 2014?

Would you ever in a million years have though Trappatoni would one day manage Ireland?

What the heck's happened to the game? Loaded up tonight and noticed there was a patch since last time. Suddenly there's barely any highlights in the matches, except the occasional shot which always goes in. I even switched from extended to comprehensive and there's still barely anything happening. I'm almost lost for words. What is going on?

I'd hazard a guess at there not being any good highlights in the games you're managing? The FM equivalent of watching Stoke City, in many ways.

I'm not liking this new 1 minute feature to continue. I'm in a press conference, or setting player training, or doing something, when all of a--"Processing..."

And I can't turn it off, apparently. But I can request a time-out. Do I have to request a time-out every time I want to do something other than continue?!

I'm not liking this new 1 minute feature to continue. I'm in a press conference, or setting player training, or doing something, when all of a--"Processing..."

And I can't turn it off, apparently. But I can request a time-out. Do I have to request a time-out every time I want to do something other than continue?!

Im pretty sure it is in settings, in preferences, confusingly in 'match', do you have processing set to 'slow' play in background? Also, there is another setting in 'interface' 'misc' which has continue game timeout for network games.

It must be in settings cos I dont have that issue!

Time wasting in team option seems to be broken? The two times I've used it against the bigger teams as Liverpool seems to backfire when I've been playing Spurs and Man Utd. Against Utd they scored two goals in 2 minutes...90+1 and 90+3 to win 2-1 whilst just now against Spurs I was 4-2 up when I turned it on in the 87th minute and they go on to get two goals....seriously? Also changed from "control" to "defensive" and still doesn't work, even against other teams. Seems to make no difference.

What is this and who gave my players instructions to play like this?

[video=youtube;XPK3SBLr9nE]

On a side note, I've just won my third game in a row and it's amazing how your opinion of this ME changes when you're winning...

It's your settings. You had "Continue game timeout" set in the Interface options for some reason.

It's your settings. You had "Continue game timeout" set in the Interface options for some reason.

I set it to "Disabled". Does not solve the problem :(

It's getting annoying being told that I stormed out of a press conference because the timer ran out of seconds in the middle of the conference...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but the disallowed goal 'in game' notification keeps on appearing, even when I untick all notifications.

Has anyone noticed a unusual high average rating for central defenders?

10 of the top 15 highest average rating in the Premier League on my game are defenders.

What's SI's saying on this?

It's not that just my players (I'm playing as Real Madrid) are getting injured. AI players keep catching major injuries (more than 2 months) in an absurdly high frequency.

In my current save, too many world class players have been injured. And about half of them are seriously injured (more than 2 months). Barcelona have Messi, Xavi, Thiago out and all for 3 months above, Man City have Aguero, Silva, Nasri out, etc. This has really made the game unplayable.

I admit that in versions before 13.1.3 the injury rate had been a little too low. But this has definitely been over-corrected in 13.1.3.

A new patch or hot-fix is in urgent need.

10 of the top 15 highest average rating in the Premier League on my game are defenders.

Well defending has been improved so it's natural. Kompany is averaging 8.1 for Barca, more than Messi.

What's SI's saying on this?

"We haven't changed injuries algorithms"

Yes. My duo of centre-backs has much better average rating than the rest of the team. Reinforces my suspicion that defenders are way overpowered in this patch.

edit: this is a ME issue, I thought I was in the ME thread sorry

"We haven't changed injuries algorithms"

That's correct, my guess is that the updates have combined with the conditions already set up in some peoples saves to cause a rash of injuries, if that weren't the case then we'd all have the problem.

Nobody has indicated yet if they managed to play through the crisis and get back to normal and nobody has said what happens when you start a new save (bearing in mind it's always somewhat subjective)

That's correct, my guess is that the updates have combined with the conditions already set up in some peoples saves to cause a rash of injuries, if that weren't the case then we'd all have the problem.

Nobody has indicated yet if they managed to play through the crisis and get back to normal and nobody has said what happens when you start a new save (bearing in mind it's always somewhat subjective)

It's definitely not subjective.

I started a NEW Real Madrid save with 13.1.3. And I'm not complaining about my players getting injured but AI PLAYERS CATCHING MAJOR INJURIES TOO OFTEN.

I don't know if it's something specific in my save that triggered this because not many people in this forum are complaining about injuries and I find it weird.

Is there somewhere I can upload my save? You can see it yourself and realize the situation. I really cannot stress how serious I think it is and I want to deliver a formal report by uploading my save file or by other proper means.

It's definitely not subjective.

I started a NEW Real Madrid save with 13.1.3. And I'm not complaining about my players getting injured but AI PLAYERS CATCHING MAJOR INJURIES TOO OFTEN.

I don't know if it's something specific in my save that triggered this because not many people in this forum are complaining about injuries and I find it weird.

Is there somewhere I can upload my save? You can see it yourself and realize the situation. I really cannot stress how serious I think it is and I want to deliver a formal report by uploading my save file or by other proper means.

Create a thread in the bugs forum and upload it to the FTP (instructions are there)

What is this and who gave my players instructions to play like this?

[video=youtube;XPK3SBLr9nE]

Rofl! Nice move, haven't seen any of my players do that yet. :D

On a side note, I've just won my third game in a row and it's amazing how your opinion of this ME changes when you're winning...

Very much true. Suddenly it all started to work out for me as well. :thup:

GNK Dinamo won't accept a 5.5 million deal to bring in a decent 18 year old. The thing I find most bizarre is that they won't even haggle with me. Just a straight up no.

Leverkusen are asking for a deal worth 22million (45%profit next sale) for a 15 year old.

Stuttgart are asking for 21million (45%profit next sale)for a 16 year old.

Porto turning down a 7million offer for a promising dmc. They're not even trying to rip me off!

I seem to be having to pay extortionate amounts of money for any youngster who looks half decent. Even crap youngsters aren't budging for less than 1.5-2million.

Seems a bit extreme at the moment. Anybody else encountered similar problems?

Create a thread in the bugs forum and upload it to the FTP (instructions are there)

Which sub-section, please?

Which sub-section, please?

Match Engine section (it's something PaulC will need to see)

GNK Dinamo won't accept a 5.5 million deal to bring in a decent 18 year old. The thing I find most bizarre is that they won't even haggle with me. Just a straight up no.

Leverkusen are asking for a deal worth 22million (45%profit next sale) for a 15 year old.

Porto turning down a 7million offer for a promising dmc. They're not even trying to rip me off!

I seem to be having to pay extortionate amounts of money for any youngster who looks half decent. Even crap youngsters aren't budging for less than 1.5-2million.

And when you finally get given the go ahead for an insane amount of money for an untried, untested, child, they want to be on 20-30k a week as hot prospects, and they won't budge. Haggling seems to be a thing of the past at the moment.

Close to packing this game up until it's in a much better state.

Edit - I can get Isco, or Corchia for between 17-20million and I have to pay the same amount for 15-18 year olds who are untried and untested. Something seriously wrong here.

Edit - I can get Isco, or Corchia for between 17-20million and I have to pay the same amount for 15-18 year olds who are untried and untested. Something seriously wrong here.

Surely it just means their clubs don't want to sell them?

IRL, I think it was Sunderland who tried to sign a 16-yr old Fellaini years ago, and were quoted something like £8million. Actually, it might not have been Sunderland as we would have been stupid enough to pay that at the time :lol:

Surely it just means their clubs don't want to sell them?

IRL, I think it was Sunderland who tried to sign a 16-yr old Fellaini years ago, and were quoted something like £8million. Actually, it might not have been Sunderland as we would have been stupid enough to pay that at the time :lol:

If I can get Isco, Corchia, Luke De Jong, Poli, Garcia, Otamendi, Mbiwa, Emenike, (or maybe I'll spend an extra 10million and buy Damiao or Neymar?) for cheaper than some unheard of kids, who aren't even close to being as good these players, and maybe never will be, then something is very wrong.

I'd happily pay 8million for a good youngster, but 20+? It's daft. Also, even average youngsters are very highly priced and there seems to be very little leeway when trying to haggle for player prices, or contracts, even when an agent has very low demands.

I have barely signed a youngster in three seasons because it's easier to sign top quality, world class players, with little risk, than it is to sign 15-18 year old's. I'm not bankrupting my club to fill up my under 18 squad with maybe's because that would be poor management.

If people can't see a problem with this then there isn't much else I can say about it.

Edit - Decided to pay an extortionate fee (15million) to see what this 16yr old wants for wages. Take into account that he would love to join our club and, his agent fee demands are 11, so about average. He wants to be a hot prospect (fair enough), 24k a week in wages (seriously?), 75k after 20 games (seems legit :rolleyes:), 14k International cap bonus (lol), appearance fee 10k (:D), and a 15% yearly wage rise (**** off).

Something is clearly off-kilter.

When looking at another teams squad depth, you have various comparison options against your team.I decided to compare Athletico Madrids Current abilities against Chelseas (my teams) players.

For Chelsea the 1st (presumably) best player is shown for each position. All seemed fine apart from DC where Branislav Ivanovich was shown for Chelsea with his 3.5 star CA. Although this CA is correct, John Terry is our best DC with 4.5 stars. Surely JT should have been the DC player shown for Chelsea.......

Just switched comparison to ask for Potential Ability comparison.

For DC, Ivanovich is still shown for Chelsea, this time with 3 stars (less than his 3.5 star CA!) despite Terry having PA of 4.5 and Papadopoulos a PA of 5 stars.

This comparison looks flawed to me........

Been a problem for years, It actually seems a bit toned down from previous by what your describing..

Whats more annoying is the AI reject stupid money for their players, yet if they ever decide to make a bid for your players (which is almost never) they expect you to give yours away for barely what they are valued.

Thats why the transfer system doesnt work anymore.. It costs more to buy than what clubs are willing to spend, which equals very littl transfers.

Sigames try to claim thre AI doesnt unerstand who the human is but clearly they do as you can bid 20 mill for a player, its rejected, then 2 weeks later the AI come in with 7mill and they accept.

Same with wages.. The supposed dont know its a human AI expect you to pay extradorinary wages yet will take peanunts from other AI managers..

Its done to add a difficulty level.

They cant tell me this game doesnt know who is human.

where do i change the training workload for players?????????????????? in my coach meeting it says player x is unhappy for having very heavy workload, i cant find anywhere to change the freaking workload

If I can get Isco, Corchia, Luke De Jong, Poli, Garcia, Otamendi, Mbiwa, Emenike, (or maybe I'll spend an extra 10million and buy Damiao or Neymar?) for cheaper than some unheard of kids, who aren't even close to being as good these players, and maybe never will be, then something is very wrong.

I'd happily pay 8million for a good youngster, but 20+? It's daft. Also, even average youngsters are very highly priced and there seems to be very little leeway when trying to haggle for player prices, or contracts, even when an agent has very low demands.

I have barely signed a youngster in three seasons because it's easier to sign top quality, world class players, with little risk, than it is to sign 15-18 year old's. I'm not bankrupting my club to fill up my under 18 squad with maybe's because that would be poor management.

If people can't see a problem with this then there isn't much else I can say about it.

Edit - Decided to pay an extortionate fee (15million) to see what this 16yr old wants for wages. Take into account that he would love to join our club and, his agent fee demands are 11, so about average. He wants to be a hot prospect (fair enough), 24k a week in wages (seriously?), 75k after 20 games (seems legit :rolleyes:), 14k International cap bonus (lol), appearance fee 10k (:D), and a 15% yearly wage rise (**** off).

Something is clearly off-kilter.

i don't see a problem there all money grabbing f&^%$%s and the clubs don't want to sell, it just means you have to get a good scouting system in place and the right training and tutors, there are good young players for cheap you just need to be patient.

i agree that this is the worst fm game ever.

are they any defensive-tactic bug? i almost never score when i play with attacking or overload tactic. I always concede another stupid goal.

Yep it's dire. When the AI throws the ball into the net twice in one game and you lose 2-1. Or when your last defender just stands and lets himself get robbed twice and

they score and you lose 2-1.

Wow, people are really complaining just because they can't buy every young player under the sun for a bargain price... To me it just seems more realistic, I mean, in previous years you could've gone through U23s and found a ridiculous amount of bargain players but this year it would cost you too much money, so you have to pick & choose the players to get... and as we don't see Man Utd, Barcelona, Chelsea or Man City buying young players every week, I have to assume that's something that they have to do in real life too.

I'm sure it'll get better with future patches (as all previous versions have), but already this is probably the best game since 01/02.

To get back on topic... The only big "improvement" I would like to see is the possibility of online saves. It might not be needed for everyone, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a PC and a laptiop/netbook, and switching between the two (ie. when travelling) would be much easier if Saves could be accessed over the internet.

Playing in classic mode, played 30 games, drawn 19. It's scandalous. Score draws too, and there's a distant lack of highlights too. Attack/Overload doesn't work and the game feels more like a game of 'eenie minie', can go into a game by far the strongest yet somehow lose/draw,

It's a rubbish game, enough said. SI have ruined what used to be an enjoyable title. It's a chor to play and I don't now get the feeling my hard work is paying off when i do get results. It feels like a lottery.