*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

What has happened to HT team talk since 13.1.3 latest patch. After giving my team talk I tend to give individual talks to various players. Spoke to player A who was motviated. Then spoke to player B and no impact on him but Player A motivation diappeared. Then spoke to Player C; Players A & B motivated but no impact on Player C. What on earth is going on? Never noticed this in Beta or pre latest patch. Seems to be a complete lottery now as to who you are going to affect with your individual comments.....

To some extent, I like what they are doing with this. For example, if you make a double substitution, and say to the first sub

"I'm looking to you to make the difference here"

He will look happy, but if you then turn around and say exactly the same thing to the other sub, the first guy will realise its something you say to all the players, and switch off.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To some extent, I like what they are doing with this. For example, if you make a double substitution, and say to the first sub

He will look happy, but if you then turn around and say exactly the same thing to the other sub, the first guy will realise its something you say to all the players, and switch off.

I have NEVER managed to affect the players coming on with a talk. No matter what I've said they've not reacted. So at least you managed that.

On a different note, I am currently quite amused, having stumbled upon conspiracy theories regarding cracked (or lack thereof) versions of the game. A quite popular hacking group, up on Facebook, is getting a lot of flame from "fans" accusing them of getting paid bucket loads from SEGA for still not having released a crack proper. At the same tim I think it's bloody awful how some of those people, grown ups all the same and apparently registered with their full names in numbers, justify their needs for such a crack.

Not trying to initiate another bloody debate about software "piracy", just saying. More recently I saw somebody posting about "game breaking bugs" in FM 2012 on various German sites - via a simple google search I found out that said user hadn't bought a legit copy of FM since FM 2010 ("always just a little update, not worth the price of admission blabla"), and upon further research complained about issues brought by the crack. In most countries of Europe this would go unnoticed. In Germany, where the market for FM is rather small due to a monopoly established by the DFL and Electronic Arts, and where opinions on FM thus are few and far between, it doesn't go unnoticed quite as much.

But surely the point of an individual talk is that it is in fact individual to that player. Other players shouldn't be affected by someone's individual talk/chat. Otherwise, that would just be a team talk, if everyone could hear it?

Everyone can hear "individual" team talks in dressing rooms, there isn't some sound-proofed booth in dressing rooms, they are small - even Premier ones you can easily hear conversations. It is something that is not represented enough in FM, split dressing rooms and different groups of players who feel the management have favourites is a big deal in football that you just don't get in FM

Everyone can hear "individual" team talks in dressing rooms, there isn't some sound-proofed booth in dressing rooms, they are small - even Premier ones you can easily hear conversations. It is something that is not represented enough in FM, split dressing rooms and different groups of players who feel the management have favourites is a big deal in football that you just don't get in FM

I'd have thought 'individual' was an arm around the shoulder, and a quiet word. Team talk would address the group.

What about when making two subs at the side of the pitch? Both players wouldn't hear each others individual chat there.

I'd be pretty miffed if I was at work having an 'individual' chat with my manager, in front of the whole of my studio. That would be classed as a group meeting, not an individual chat.

Originally Posted by Macshimmy

You got it wrong. The players will be more likely confused if you say different comments to each player. Example: Bobby, go out there and tear it up! Alex, just stay steady out there.

I wish I could exclude individual players from the overall team talk before I give it.

I'm starting to get fed up with the number of times Pepe Reina "switches off/looks stressed" at half time no matter what talk/tone I use. It's yet to really affect my games, but still annoys me when it's a tough match.

It wouldn't be entirely unrealistic to get the lads in at half time and do something like this:

"Pepe, you're playing well out there; keep it up..."

And then turn to the rest of the team:

"Lads, you need to protect him more; I expect a much better performance in the second half..."

Sadly, I have to tell the whole team I expect a much better second half performance, even though Pepe has "kept us in it" so far. This stresses him out, and no other individual talk reverses his negative reaction :(

You got it wrong. The players will be more likely confused if you say different comments to each player. Example: Bobby, go out there and tear it up! Alex, just stay steady out there.

I also partially disagree with you. Not all players are the same. Your logic might apply if you were bringing on two superstars. But sometimes you can be bringing on an experienced player and a youngster to whom you are giving a run out, in such circumstances it would make sense to demand a lot of one, and tell the other just to do their thing, and expect them to not have a problem. I also agree with Macshimmy that there are many cases when just giving the same thing twice wouldnt work, would seem false.

In conclusion, I don't think there is a blanket IRL rule in this regard.

I'd have thought 'individual' was an arm around the shoulder, and a quiet word. Team talk would address the group.

What about when making two subs at the side of the pitch? Both players wouldn't hear each others individual chat there.

I'd be pretty miffed if I was at work having an 'individual' chat with my manager, in front of the whole of my studio. That would be classed as a group meeting, not an individual chat.

I agree, the game says "individual", that's what it should be. Lack of documentation? (again) or bug?

Hi, I've been playing as Workington and my board started to build a new stadium after first season. This has now been expanded to capacity(28k) which I fill every week and have done for about 6 years. Won 4 champs leagues back to back...in 2027 now (stadium is 12 years old). Is there any chance I will get a new stadium soon or does the 20 year rule still apply on FM 13?

When and where did SI say it only affected the second season? The only way it wouldn't have affected after season two is if you made a loss, which was likely. They said it affected season two and onwards if you made a profit still, since the tax rates were compounded and not replaced. See below.
Originally Posted by Stu Coleman

The tax effect would have affected more than the 2nd season, however given the nature of the bug it was unlikely to have affected many after the 2nd season as they'd have been unlikely to continue making significant profit.

The bug was that previous values for Corporation tax were retained when updating to new values.

Post #101 Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327458-club-tax-is-insane!!!-my-juventus-loses-2-3-millions-pounds-each-month/page2

Originally Posted by Fancy Gaffot

Will it keep going up and up after season 2?

Stu Coleman SI "You won't really experience this past the 2nd season, and definitely not past the 3rd."

Originally Posted by zeke

Argh.. hate this. I'am starting 4th season with Liverpool and this fix better be "save game" compatible!

Stu Coleman SI "As your now in the 4th season you'll be past the point where this issue is experienced."

Just a quick question regarding lucrative cup runs - Should I be fortunate enough to make it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup & draw one of the top 4 Premiership away from home, take Chelsea for example, will I get the same amount of money that clubs get in real life?

When Crawley knocked out Torquay in the 3rd round then drew Man Utd away, along with TV rights the estimated figure they apparently received was around the £650,000 mark.

That kind of sum would be a big boost for me seeing as I'm only in the BSP, but would I definitely see a profit in the end of month financial review? Would I see any of the money or will I be able to offer more money transfer / wage due to a good draw?

I'm on a network save, I retired as manager, unable to add new manager, everything is greyed out, can't even pick a team, just stuck, can click cancel, that's it. Tried continuing to see if that'd fix it, but no, still can't pick a team, it's stuck on my favourite team, so now I can't even pick a new team to manage. Fantastic game you've brought out here guys, kudos.

Sorry to write this here, but RE the blatantly untrue news story that has been posted 3000 times, can a mod add a sticky to the top, or perhaps similar to the red text about USERS WITH TECHNICAL ISSUES READ THIS, telling people to f off and not post this nonsense.

Equally a mod can delete this comment upon taking the action requested!

Im in 2019 now and my tax for each month is around 4.5M, I was paying around 11M each month before the update.
I'm just not sure if that fix is working for those who started new games, because DB values weren't fixed. In 2012/2013 I paid 20 mil in taxes and in first 3 months of 2013/2014 I've already paid 14m.

I know this isn't the right place to ask this, but I am not sure where is. I do know for a fact it is probably a really really stupid question. if you watch a match on 'full', does it take 90+ real life minutes?

That depends on the speed settings. If you have it at real time then yes, but you can accelerate it like any highlight.

That depends on the speed settings. If you have it at real time then yes, but you can accelerate it like any highlight.

Ahah, so obvious! thanks. Does anyone know of the top of their head to what level the notches on the highlight speed are in relation to real time. I tend to play 2 or 3 notches in from the right, I am guessing it is 1.2-1.4ish. Of course I can check this myself when I get home in a few hours, but my mind is wondering at work.

Post #101 Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327458-club-tax-is-insane!!!-my-juventus-loses-2-3-millions-pounds-each-month/page2

Stu Coleman SI "You won't really experience this past the 2nd season, and definitely not past the 3rd."

Stu Coleman SI "As your now in the 4th season you'll be past the point where this issue is experienced."

Ah I think we're getting crossed wires. The reason you wouldn't experience it is because you shouldn't be making a profit. If you are, you'll still experience it as the tax is only charged on profit.

I'm just not sure if that fix is working for those who started new games, because DB values weren't fixed. In 2012/2013 I paid 20 mil in taxes and in first 3 months of 2013/2014 I've already paid 14m.

Sounds about right, u will pay more tax in the 2nd season due to liverpool most likely making a high profit in the 1st season through the new sponsorship deals etc.

This was my tax each year when the game was bugged.

2013 profit - 44.8M, tax - 21M

2014 profit - 26M, tax - 67M

2015 profit - 23M, tax - 79M

2016 profit - 19M, tax - 104M

2017 profit - 8M, tax - 130M

2018 loss - -13M, tax - 138M

I also partially disagree with you. Not all players are the same. Your logic might apply if you were bringing on two superstars. But sometimes you can be bringing on an experienced player and a youngster to whom you are giving a run out, in such circumstances it would make sense to demand a lot of one, and tell the other just to do their thing, and expect them to not have a problem. I also agree with Macshimmy that there are many cases when just giving the same thing twice wouldnt work, would seem false.

In conclusion, I don't think there is a blanket IRL rule in this regard.

Wrong. You make substitutions based on the context of a match. If you are losing, for example, you want all your players to go for it. If you're winning, you just want your players to stay focused and play smart. Regardless of whether they are young or old.

It's not that just my players (I'm playing as Real Madrid) are getting injured. AI players keep catching major injuries (more than 2 months) in an absurdly high frequency.

In my current save, too many world class players have been injured. And about half of them are seriously injured (more than 2 months). Barcelona have Messi, Xavi, Thiago out and all for 3 months above, Man City have Aguero, Silva, Nasri out, etc. This has really made the game unplayable.

I admit that in versions before 13.1.3 the injury rate had been a little too low. But this has definitely been over-corrected in 13.1.3.

A new patch or hot-fix is in urgent need.

Wrong
I still disagree with you. You still can't make a blanket rule like that. What about if you are injury ravaged and mosty have untried youngsters on the bench, which you are then forced to bring one of on alongside an experienced player? I am saying not that you are never right, but that there is no blanket rule for the myriad of scenarios football can present. How about we just say we disagree, rather than going around using nasty terms like 'wrong'.

Is still seen improvements in processing the game? Every pach has improved a little more is still much slower than the fm 2012, being that I'm using the same custom leagues and all equal. My computer and 5 stars and I realize that the memory usage of the game on my pc here is very high, reaches 1 gig and 200 megs in other computers see people talking which is only 700 megs!

I'm just talking about what I'm seeing ... I think I have a lot of useful information, and the game needs to improve in itself right. The FM 2013 is a great game, most consumers have to play it with quality and I'm not getting it due to the slow processing of own game

It's your system Leon, I, and many others have said this to you for a week or more now..

FM13 will be more intensive on resources than FM13.. that's the progression of the game.

You have a technical (non) issue... take it up in the correct forum section.. this is for feedback on the game, not technical help.

But as I've tried to tell you, the game is fine... and it using over a 1gb ram at a time is normal. ... you have 8gb anyway, not sure why you're worried.

I do not see why such retaliation, the game is clearly slow, and it is clear that evidence happens to me too.

I have a Win 8 i7 8 gb ram nvidia geforce gtx690 and even then with difficulty're supposed to be faster.

Footbal Manager is beloved by me, but it has to be said reasons and motives that can be improved, I see no alternative but to agree with the "LEON".

Here is my note about the game.

I don't have a problem with people having an issue with the performance... it's been looked at by SI..

I take issue with Leon posting the exact same thing several times a day...every day... in the wrong place.

Great to hear that, my intention was never to be disrespectful but rather a contributor to the game always has the best and be as real as possible.

FM 2013 is clearly more attractive, more dynamic and more beautiful.

With improved processing, the ideal would be a step.

Big hug and waiting for a patch that improves our increasingly less so loved and not "required" FM 2013.

What the heck's happened to the game? Loaded up tonight and noticed there was a patch since last time. Suddenly there's barely any highlights in the matches, except the occasional shot which always goes in. I even switched from extended to comprehensive and there's still barely anything happening. I'm almost lost for words. What is going on?

Well I've just had my save ruined by the new patch. Blast. Nothing to do with the ME either

I'm playing in the SPL and before the patch manager appointments were reasonable for SPL level, Steven Kenny, Steven Cotterill and Rochdale manager John Coleman.

Post patch there have been two sackings, and both clubs have appointed retired low-league players. Ross County appointed a Craig Ross for his first manager job after retiring from a playing career spent at Brora and Inverurie Loco, and now Aberdeen have appointed Lee Hook for his first job following a playing career at Dover and Eastbourne Boro.

Sigh

I'll create a bug thread once it finally uploads, but, and this comes from one of SI's staunchest defenders, I am severely disappointed.

Just had to share this from an all in all terrible game with 2 own goals for my side but oh well...

Hoping this was a one of silly bounce thing... but well goalie doesnt seem too bothered with the ball till it hits the net... :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;KPodPUpviJo]

Could someone PLEASE fix the issue when job status resets during pre-season. I have gone from untouchable by reaching the highest place for years with my team, to being insecure after 4 games in the second season due to me having to adapt the tactics after the ME update. Likelyhood is that I will lose or draw my next game (it's in Europe) and I will be sacked. Which will be because of the game bugs. 400+ hours wasted.

Archived