*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

The tax effect would have affected more than the 2nd season, however given the nature of the bug it was unlikely to have affected many after the 2nd season as they'd have been unlikely to continue making significant profit.

The bug was that previous values for Corporation tax were retained when updating to new values.

Thank you for the response.

So just to clarify, the tax was cumaltive every season after the second season?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, do you think this is okay:

ohOr6.png

Isn't 50 matches a lot for no mistakes scored? We are talking L2 and BSP.

I am conceding through an awful defensive mistake every game. Haven't checked that stat, though. All I can say is that an opponent whips in what is deemed a "superb ball for xxxx (striker)", but it goes straight to my keeper, who -blocks- it even though he has all the time in the world to pluck it out of the air like a ripe apple. The striker then scores. This would probably not count as a blunder of epic proportions in the game, making that stat quite useless.

Anyone else finding this year's game far too easy when managing top clubs? First season with Chelsea finished 4th in the league but won the Champions League without even really trying, beating an Arsenal side that could only finish 16th in the league 2-0 in the final. Season two, played 5 league games, won 4, drawn 1, scored 15, conceded 4. Of my 15 league goals Fernando Torres has scored 10 of them. Ten goals in 4 games! I have subbed him around the 65/70th minute in two of those games as well! Just destroyed City at The Etihad 2-4 with Torres scoring all four. I feel like I'm coasting through the game with little or no effort and being rewarded for it. I'm no tactical genius, playing a pretty basic modern 4-2-3-1 formation with simple team and player instructions. In previous years it felt like I had to work a little harder to succeed, even with the big clubs. I'm just not enjoying the save. I'm finding myself almost wanting Torres to get injured just to make it more of a challenge. :o

Friends will it still has plans to improve the processing speed of the game?

Each patch the game gets faster, is still slow compared to the fm 2012, CPU usage stays here in 20 and 25% this normal? And the consumed memory and 1 gig and 100 megs (I even have 1 gig and 700) then I think they are finding the problem because the game is increasingly approaching real quality

In my saves, it certainly looked like it was more than just season two that was affected.

But to the best of my knowlefge, SI never said this, the only posts from them I saw said it affected season two only.If I missed a post that said different, could someone link me to it please?

This is why I'm asking for clarification from SI.

I saw that too, followed by people saying it was having an effect in following years also.

Anyone else finding this year's game far too easy when managing top clubs? First season with Chelsea finished 4th in the league but won the Champions League without even really trying, beating an Arsenal side that could only finish 16th in the league 2-0 in the final. Season two, played 5 league games, won 4, drawn 1, scored 15, conceded 4. Of my 15 league goals Fernando Torres has scored 10 of them. Ten goals in 4 games! I have subbed him around the 65/70th minute in two of those games as well! Just destroyed City at The Etihad 2-4 with Torres scoring all four. I feel like I'm coasting through the game with little or no effort and being rewarded for it. I'm no tactical genius, playing a pretty basic modern 4-2-3-1 formation with simple team and player instructions. In previous years it felt like I had to work a little harder to succeed, even with the big clubs. I'm just not enjoying the save. I'm finding myself almost wanting Torres to get injured just to make it more of a challenge. :o

If you can figure out what area of play you're creating chances then maybe we can narrow down an area where the defensive AI needs some work. Likewise if you can outline what is working so well about your defense there might be an issue there as well. I too am starting to dominate but it has taken a lot of tactical work to get here so I feel like superman rather than super-coasting-man.

My Liverpool board has now searched for "Financial" feeder club 4 years... yup, 4 long years and still they are unable to find any???

That seems a bit excessive. Noticed that there was an thread in bug forum but it was not commented upon.

My Liverpool board has now searched for "Financial" feeder club 4 years... yup, 4 long years and still they are unable to find any???

That seems a bit excessive. Noticed that there was an thread in bug forum but it was not commented upon.

Have found finding feeder clubs of any description a lot more difficult than in FM12. Your situation is even more surprising given Liverpool's owner's links to professional sport in The United States.

I have problems with a network game. The other player manages to join and select a team, but the game freezes up as soon as he does something. We have both tried everything that the faq mentions, like setting exceptions for Steam and FM13, and bypassing the router. Nothing seems to work.

Is there anything SI can do about it now or is it out of your hands?

what if i fixed the problem using a well known 3rd party program, will that selfmade fix get screwed up now with the official fix ? Should i return the values to their original state ?

Or if i started a new save changing values in the game Editor ?

How exactly is the patch applied since it´s not changing the DB values ?

This might have been mentioned but it's hard to check through everything posted here. It's only a small annoyance, but you haven't updated the rules for players being awarded EPL winners medals. I believe they changed the rules last year so that players only had to be in the squad to qualify for a medal rather than having to make 10 appearances. It's daft but when I've played youngsters in maybe 6 or 7 games I'd like them qualify for the award.

I saw that too, followed by people saying it was having an effect in following years also.

Exactly.... People were saying it affected more than the second season, but SI were not. Notice, they put no info on the tax fix in their patch notes and I had to come here and ask for an explanation.

Lots of people continued there long term saves, apparently safe in the knowledge that it would only affect their second season.

People were also advising others to change the tax's by using the editor or a 3rd party tool. I saw a few mods mentioning that we dont discuss such 3rd party tools on these forums (Which is offcourse the right thing to do) but I don't remember seeing anyone from SI saying not to do this. What happens to those saves now the patch is here?

I have to say, the whole tax fiasco is a disgrace and at the very least, an apology is due for 1) Offering a game on the open market with such a big bug and 2) For not issueing sound advice once the problem was reported and 3) For not issueing a patch for the problem via steam as soon as it was made (Which was last week).

This is very poor customer relations.

Anyone that uses \snip/ (like myself) does so at their own risk, anything they change is up to them to worry about, if SI change anything under the hood. Not advising on that is nothing to do with customer service, they made it clear a long time ago they would not advise on using that programme.

Just play the game, if you have an issue raise it in the bugs forum, this whole worrying about a problem that you dont really know a lot about is daft.

Why can the user finalise signings of players, but not non-playing staff? Would be useful to monitor who your DoF or chairman signs. This would also be useful for clubs that start without an assistent manager.

Anyone that uses \snip/ (like myself) does so at their own risk, anything they change is up to them to worry about, if SI change anything under the hood. Not advising on that is nothing to do with customer service, they made it clear a long time ago they would not advise on using that programme.

Just play the game, if you have an issue raise it in the bugs forum, this whole worrying about a problem that you dont really know a lot about is daft.

I also stated that people were using the FM Editor which comes with the game and is supported by SI to make changes to the taxes in game.

What's up with the passing? I'm playing Barcelona, every player set to short passing, everyone but the WBKs have crossing disabled, and there's long passes (that always get intercepted) several times a game...

That's definitely new :(

Hi there,

I am playing Football manager since Championship Manager 96. I was never ever get so frustrated like this before. I usually play ok at the games before. I selected Manchester City and build up a really good team in overall. I also started new seasons with teams like Bournemouth, Dortmund and PSG. I saved just before my match with Manchester United away and i tried to beat them nonetheless i played with them over 30 times with different tactics and build ups and i can not beat them. Also in match engine, they are playing perfectly but my team even can not pass to their next player at freekicks in my own half. This is absouletly rubbish. Every attacks from sides are becoming a goal and my fall backs never try to tackle the wingers. Just before 20th anniversary Football Manager will become a history for me. I think this is the last time i pay for. I want to entertain myself just like the games before this one not to suffer. I really want my money back. Well done SI Team, thanks for ruining this legend...

Ive got an issue where during the match, if i click on the match stats or match information screen and it shows the goalscorers - i can see the little white football icon for a goal but the goalscorers name is written in black on a black background so cant be seen. Is there any way to change it?

I have two issues with the patch. Firstly, it is much more difficult to follow the (smaller?) ball, especially through the air against a crowd background. Secondly, has there been a change in definition of what goes into extended highlights? I have been used to using these to get some idea of ow my team is playing - don't have time or inclination for full match. Now there are very few highlights, maybe because there are fewer shots? As a result I have had to move to comprehensive highlights which is a bit more time consuming than extended was before the patch.

Played a handful of games post update & have noticed a big difference in defending & restricting opposition chances - I beat Altrincham 2-1 with their only shot coming in the 89th minute (they scored obviously) similarly this was followed by a 3-1 success away to Braintree where their 1st shot came around the 79th minute.

Before the last 2 games of the season I wrapped up the league with a 3-0 victory at home to Stafford - I think they had one shot off target again towards the end of the match.

6 seasons I've spent in the BlueSqNorth & finally claiming the title with 3 games to go was a satisfying experience. I enjoy the fact that it was, in my opinion, a really hard struggle & I actually welcome the fact as It's improved the gameplay.

Ultimately I'm pleased I have got the addictive "FM factor" back, something that was missing due to the fact of my ineffective tactics. Anyhow, Next for FC Halifax - Life in the BSP!

Theres been a change in how tackling and closing down works, so injuries might be coming from everyone having max closing down and aggro tackling settings.

Perceptive I think. It can now be a fairly effective, if somewhat evil tactic to use "kill" settings with a lenient referee:

I've got my Derby team set Hard tackling and maximum pressing in midfield, managed to butcher Chelsea in our last game - Lampard and Mata stretchered off, Cole managed to limp to the touchline,

we got 3 bookings (to their two - once their players lose the rag, they are as likely to get sent off as yours)

Ah, the beautiful game. Sorry Cloughie. :cool:

Whats the full error Fabio mate?

And do you happen to be running the FMC skin in full mode?

I don't know the full name. I've just clicked ''OK'' and the game closed and started itself. I'm not using that skin. Actually I'm not using anything regarding grapshics or edited databases.

I don't know the full name. I've just clicked ''OK'' and the game closed and started itself. I'm not using that skin. Actually I'm not using anything regarding grapshics or edited databases.

Fair enough, post it in the bug forums (this is where tech help is now also)

But try updating your graphics drivers etc.. particularly Java.

What has happened to HT team talk since 13.1.3 latest patch. After giving my team talk I tend to give individual talks to various players. Spoke to player A who was motviated. Then spoke to player B and no impact on him but Player A motivation diappeared. Then spoke to Player C; Players A & B motivated but no impact on Player C. What on earth is going on? Never noticed this in Beta or pre latest patch. Seems to be a complete lottery now as to who you are going to affect with your individual comments.....

If SI's resident tax man could give us a clear answer on the Italy issue that would be much appreciated too, since I'm getting mixed responses.

The tax bug could have affected Italy since the VAT rate goes from 21% to 22% in July 2013. In the game this would be compounded to 43% -- I'm not sure if this increase was coded, and if VAT is separate in the taxing of clubs. Corporation tax is likely to remain at 31.4%, and isn't due to change next year as far as I can work out.

SI should be able to confirm the above.

Exactly.... People were saying it affected more than the second season, but SI were not. Notice, they put no info on the tax fix in their patch notes and I had to come here and ask for an explanation.

Lots of people continued there long term saves, apparently safe in the knowledge that it would only affect their second season.

People were also advising others to change the tax's by using the editor or a 3rd party tool. I saw a few mods mentioning that we dont discuss such 3rd party tools on these forums (Which is offcourse the right thing to do) but I don't remember seeing anyone from SI saying not to do this. What happens to those saves now the patch is here?

I have to say, the whole tax fiasco is a disgrace and at the very least, an apology is due for 1) Offering a game on the open market with such a big bug and 2) For not issueing sound advice once the problem was reported and 3) For not issueing a patch for the problem via steam as soon as it was made (Which was last week).

This is very poor customer relations.

When and where did SI say it only affected the second season? The only way it wouldn't have affected after season two is if you made a loss, which was likely. They said it affected season two and onwards if you made a profit still, since the tax rates were compounded and not replaced. See below.

The tax effect would have affected more than the 2nd season, however given the nature of the bug it was unlikely to have affected many after the 2nd season as they'd have been unlikely to continue making significant profit.

The bug was that previous values for Corporation tax were retained when updating to new values.

where the hell is darwin quintero (aka carlos quintero) i've added Colombia to my nations and he's still not there, i've got a large database too :S

He plays in Mexico, so u should add Mexican league not Columbian or add players with national reputation - country=Columbia from custom database setup.

What has happened to HT team talk since 13.1.3 latest patch. After giving my team talk I tend to give individual talks to various players. Spoke to player A who was motviated. Then spoke to player B and no impact on him but Player A motivation diappeared. Then spoke to Player C; Players A & B motivated but no impact on Player C. What on earth is going on? Never noticed this in Beta or pre latest patch. Seems to be a complete lottery now as to who you are going to affect with your individual comments.....

Yeah, though I had that before the patch as well (in fact if anything I find it happening less often after the update). Thought it was some sort of a weird feature, including players eavesdropping etc. :)

Hmm just seen perhaps the most absurd thing I ever witnessed on FM:

penalty kick to my team, Steven Fletcher runs up and hits it, looks to me like it is going wide, but the keeper races across and makes a stop,

doesn't get hold of it and knocks it back to Fletcher.

At this point, the keeper just freezes (I'm watching in 2d btw) and watches as Fletcher takes a touch, nobody else on the pitch reacts either.

The keeper is now about 4 feet to the side of his goal, leaving it wide open.

Fletcher skies it over the bar into row Z.

Bug or just a poor representation of an understandable situation?

Archived