*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

I would love to finally start a proper save on the full game a try but not fixing the German teams having any youth players no matter how large your database thing is putting me off. Among other things like the strange removal of automatic switching to and from different screens during a match or the match report issue but those I have come to accept as just some of those things, no matter how inexplicable they might be.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... another one, more stupid this one

[video=youtube;8SKEe9k-GVE]

Wow nice...

Like i always did for the past years, i'm gonna wait at least one week to play the game even if i already ordered it, in order to avoid nervous break down until bugs/crashes are patched, really annoying to never have a release without crappy bugs:(

Still a couple of annoyances in the game i hope would have been fixed.

1. Changes made to colours on the interface tab are resetting when you leave the game.

2. DoF still chasing loads of keepers (although tbf I had started up as Everton and they don't really have a third choice keeper)

3. Humberto Suarzo being offered for £200m by his agent.

Not had chance to sit down and play a few matches yet so can't comment on ME and long term play.

Others have mentioned this, but will say again as it is seriously annoying...

The long wait when clicking on results 'generating match report' is horrendous. Very, very bad. Makes you not want to click on results and check them, which kind of spoils things.

Also, I have a really great PC that I built from the ground up specifically for gaming, this year's version is noticeably slower processing wise.

I am still playing the demo today but the match engine version is v1311.

The only noticeable change is that the full backs now drop a little deeper to receive short passes from goal kicks.

Every major problem I have had with the match engine does not appear to have been fixed. Players still do not press properly and just stand 2-3 yards off their opponent rather than attempting a tackle. Defenders react far too slowly to through balls, they stand and watch the ball being passed behind them and the opposing forward make and only start to run after 3-4 seconds. It is far too difficult to play against far inferior teams, i can get decent results against similar standard opposition but get thrashed by Southampton etc. And most of all the ball movement is completely broken, the ball accelerates after a certain distance instead of slowing down on all mid-to-long range passes, giving the impression that the match is being played on ice.

Have this issues been fixed on the full game? They have all been reported in the bugs forum and are actually some of the most commented on issues in the forum. The ball speed issue in particular is a game-breaker for me if it hasn't been fixed.

Enjoying the game, much prefer this year's training, happy to pass off responsibility for some stuff to other staff and the ME looks good.

As a more general point without creating a spoiler - is there any change in policy over the last few years to reduce the number of players coming through with very high (-10 or 185+) potential? Earlier versions seemed to have a higher proportion of these.

Generating Match Report... WHY?!

Why was this completely irritating feature added? Takes an age to load when you click on a result. A big part of my FM experience was clicking on various games to view match ratings/stats/etc now for some reason SI have decided to make it a pain in the a**.

Could you please fix this?

thanks in advance!

Completley agree this is very annoying.

Worst part is, I keep forgetting, click through then have to wait for a match report which im not interested in to be generated!

you know.... the effort you put into this post... you could have loaded up the editor and changed all your little gripes several times over and started a new game by now...

it really irks me that people moan at data issues... SI don't do the data.. researchers do , as you mention yourselves. SI provide the editor so anyone who disagrees with anything can change it.. and let's face it... if you had a room of 5 people and asked them about a single player, all would have their own opinion on what stats he should have, nevermind millions of people to please.

Yeah never understand why someone who thinks the ratings of certain players are off, just goes into the editor and changes these things themselves, it's not that difficult.

That one was quite disturbing in many ways. As long as it happens one in a million i can live with that, but the ME should not have many of those...

Have you posted this in the bugs forum and uploaded a PKM of the game?

Whoever decides the SPL players' ratings ought to resign from their role immediately. Dundee United overpowered once more. Jon Daly the Irish Lionel Messi bizarrely. Jon Daly is ridiculously overrated with 16 finishing and 15 CREATIVITY?!?! 14 passing too LOL. 15 first touch. 12 technique HAHAHAHA. Jon Daly, world class trequartista folks. Oh wait, he's absolutely crap and is just a stereotypical target man but obviously was kind enough to take a picture in Lidl's with the SPL researcher which earned him mega brownie points. Sickening, shameful, cringeoworthy, urgh, I can taste it in my mouth and it's vile. All the while, Thomas Muller has once again been totally disrespected with a measly 14 finishing and no other technical attributes of note, but that's fine, because you can always patronise him and bump up his mental stats and basically say "you're crap mate, but you try really hard. Good for you xx". Speaking of SPL ratings, Samaras' rating is an utter joke compared to that man Jon Daly once again. A striker so unbelievably good he gets put at centre back because he's rather tall and cumbersome. Honestly, is the SPL researcher a Dundee United fan and completely biased or just completely incompetent? It's actually laughable. Anyone who watches the SPL go look at Jon Daly's attributes. Put a nappy on beforehand though because you will have an accident.

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2012

d2SAX.png

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2013:

4Zbq4.png

Apparently he's gotten stronger and faster pace wise in the past year. His positioning and off the ball have gone up by 2 and influence 3!?!?!?!His creativity has went up by 2. I'm gobsmacked by that. He now concentrates more. He's far more composed. He anticipates better and the most galling of all - his aggression has came significantly down. How convenient that the poster boy who would've been a risk of red cards regularly has suddenly hit the prozac and can continue on to rival Lionel Messi for the Ballon d'Or and the title of the greatest footballer of all time.

Honestly, SPL watchers, go look at Samaras and Hooper's attributes then Daly's. Both far, far greater players than Daly is on the bloody Playstation yet he so massively outshines both of them and many others. I just don't get it, SI.

Happy to reply to this even though it's a data issue and this isn't the data forum.

Daly absolutely does look like a machine, I grant you that, but the key are his stats for pace and acceleration, which are the most heavily weighted stats in the game when rating players.

Jon Daly is - in my opinion - a very good SPL striker who is also a good centre back when required. Could he make it at a higher level like the Premiership? Doubtful, because of the reason noted above. His key attributes - his lack of pace and acceleration - would show him up.

I'm happy with 16 for finishing, as it's the same as the finishing stat for the likes of Hooper (who only managed to pull away from Daly in the scoring charts in last season's SPL in the final two games), Sandaza and Higdon, who were also among the top SPL finishers last season.

His aggression was lowered because it was too high previously. He's not actually that aggressive. Nothing to do with agendas.

If I want Jon Daly to be a CA 121 player, those stats given to him make him a CA 121 player, 2 points ahead of Michael Higdon. Georgios Samaras is a CA 125 player, while Gary Hooper is a CA 134 player. I find that fair, and so did my research team.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but a quick test run of the game there saw Jon Daly scoring 8 goals in 21 and staying at Dundee United. If he was like Messi as you suggest, he'd have scored about 50 and signed for a top Premiership side.

If you have any followup issues regarding the Scottish data, please go to the relevant forum and topic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318111-Scotland-%28Official%29-Data-Issues

1. Changes made to colours on the interface tab are resetting when you leave the game.

2. DoF still chasing loads of keepers (although tbf I had started up as Everton and they don't really have a third choice keeper)

Not had chance to sit down and play a few matches yet so can't comment on ME and long term play.

1. We're still reviewing this.

Bet SI are regretting setting a release date for this. Bit of a mess. Tactics do close to nothing, attributes mean less than nothing. Every team i play (including pre season against minnows) dominate possession, shots on target and the highlights reel.

All of my highlights show sloppy passing, poor technique, no pressing, goal keeper mistakes, centre backs standing on top of each other yards from opposition players, conceding far post goals blah blah.

I think it has the potential to be one of the better FM's but right now it is not fun in the slightest - i know realism is important, but fun is even more so.

Watching guys like Van Der Vaart, Badelj et al get passed around by weaker players and then give up possession straight away is just so frustrating.

Good luck sorting it and doing it quickly, it'll be a great game eventually i'm sure.

A sunday league footballer wouldn't be managing Arsenal in his first job would he, so what's your point? Too unrealistic? Lmfao.

To be fair, that is almost as much as Wenger and very few managers in the world get £100,000 per week like that. Even accounting for the size of the club, that is too much to put a manager on in season 1

What has happened to network play? It was nice and easy before, now its a lot of faffing about with Steam and hoping their servers aren't down - talk about a step backwards or is this as I suspect (me being a cynic) just a prelude to the end of free network play and it won't be long till we need an xbox live type sub to play mates.

Bet SI are regretting setting a release date for this. Bit of a mess. Tactics do close to nothing, attributes mean less than nothing. Every team i play (including pre season against minnows) dominate possession, shots on target and the highlights reel.

All of my highlights show sloppy passing, poor technique, no pressing, goal keeper mistakes, centre backs standing on top of each other yards from opposition players, conceding far post goals blah blah.

I think it has the potential to be one of the better FM's but right now it is not fun in the slightest - i know realism is important, but fun is even more so.

Watching guys like Van Der Vaart, Badelj et al get passed around by weaker players and then give up possession straight away is just so frustrating.

Good luck sorting it and doing it quickly, it'll be a great game eventually i'm sure.

The ME doesn't know or take into account which team is the AI and which is the Human. It's just the application of the tactic settings to the players.

So if your implication is that the game is biased against you then of course that is wrong.

The ME doesn't know or take into account which team is the AI and which is the Human. It's just the application of the tactic settings to the players.

So if your implication is that the game is biased against you then of course that is wrong.

i don't really beleive AI doesn't know. I can count number of times I was far far worse team on the pitch and that I won the game very rarely. on the other hand, I can say that over the years I was losing quite a lot of games in which I was by far superior and better team..so this AI doesn't know is kind of hard to believe.

How do I kick off my download in Steam? I bought the game via Steam, loaded it up this morning and see: Football Manager 2013 - Update required.

There's no way for me to kick off the update, and when I select 'play' it says 'updating football manager' in the top of the window that opens, but the update is not moving. How do I start this? Very frustrated thus far.

I'm on a mac, for reference on OS 10.8.2

i don't really beleive AI doesn't know. I can count number of times I was far far worse team on the pitch and that I won the game very rarely. on the other hand, I can say that over the years I was losing quite a lot of games in which I was by far superior and better team..so this AI doesn't know is kind of hard to believe.

Which says to me the AI is better at building a successful tactic than you are at the moment, id suggest a trip to the tactics guide forum to point you in the right direction :)

RELIEF

its looking like FM13 is finally the game that will stop me playing Football Manager. Im a bit too old for it. so in many ways its a positive thing that this version is atrocious.

Weird, after playing FM/CM for 20 years, this game is making me addicted again !

• Administrators
How do I kick off my download in Steam? I bought the game via Steam, loaded it up this morning and see: Football Manager 2013 - Update required.

There's no way for me to kick off the update, and when I select 'play' it says 'updating football manager' in the top of the window that opens, but the update is not moving. How do I start this? Very frustrated thus far.

I'm on a mac, for reference on OS 10.8.2

Try verifying your game cache

Nevertheless it's totally true.

• SI Staff

2. This is an issue that should have been toned down after we received feedback in BETA. If you are still experiencing this then could you please start a bug in the Transfer and Contract bug forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/298-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

3. Is an issue with the fee being shown incorrectly, Suazo's club will not be demanding that much money for him. This issue is under review.

Cheers,

Ben

Which says to me the AI is better at building a successful tactic than you are at the moment, id suggest a trip to the tactics guide forum to point you in the right direction :)

i wasn't talking about fm13. i was talking about cm's an fm's from the start until present day. and i'm not that bad of a manager, had my share of trophies and all..it's just how I see it. AI will win with 1 shot on target more often than the user. that's all i'm saying.

I really don't think that's true. If it's simply implication of tactics then there must be a super tactic setting that i'm not aware of - I've followed a similar route to previous years that have led to enjoyable game play and i'm getting nothing out of it so unless the ME has changed radically and fundamentally i can't see how that assertion is correct.

i wasn't talking about fm13. i was talking about cm's an fm's from the start until present day. and i'm not that bad of a manager, had my share of trophies and all..it's just how I see it. AI will win with 1 shot on target more often than the user. that's all i'm saying.

Which means the AI has created 1 very good chance, whilst you have laboured creating lots of poor chances and wasting the ball. Its a common issue n the forums, and quite easily worked through.

Just to be clear, there is no distinction between human and AI as far as the ME is concerned.

Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in the number of bookings and red cards for 2 yellows since today's update?

I have a Barca game going from the Beta, and have tackling set to "more cautious". I was averaging something like 0.1 red's per game. (even less I think actually).

Now in the 1st 6 games I've played today, I've had 7 red cards for double bookings?

Try verifying your game cache

Tried this. Didn't work.

Restarted Steam several times. Didn't work.

On my game list I see: Football Manager 2013 - Update required.

I double click it and I get a window open that says: Updating Football Manager 2013. But the progress doesn't move. After a while I get an error saying: An error occured updating Football Manager (connection timeout).

I really don't think that's true. If it's simply implication of tactics then there must be a super tactic setting that i'm not aware of - I've followed a similar route to previous years that have led to enjoyable game play and i'm getting nothing out of it so unless the ME has changed radically and fundamentally i can't see how that assertion is correct.

Doesnt matter what you think, its the truth, and yes the ME has made major changes to it this year. What worked in FM12 and before may not work in FM13.

Archived