*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There still seems to be something off with the ME, i just had West Brom pass me out of the park and im Man City. They were doing dozens of one touch passes all along their midfield(tiki-taka at it's finest) and my players just couldn't get the ball back. For some reason my own midfield gives them acres off space.

They played 4-2-3-1 and i played 4-3-3 with a DM and 2xIF's, you would think that having a DM would negate their AMC and the two CM's would stick close to the opposition CM's, but this just didn't happen. For some reason my whole midfield dropped back to the edge off the box and only tries to close down the opposition when they get closer. I had set closing down allways on all of their midfield and had selected Press more from the team instructions but my players would just stand off most of the time, even tried tight marking them all but that didn't help either.

And another thing was my defence loosing most of the headballs that came their way, Kompany for example lost nearly all high balls against Long, and Clichy lost consistently against morrison. I could handle clichy loosing em since neither morrison nor Clichy are that good at headers but i just can't see how Kompany could loose most of the headers against Shane Long. In the end they had over 75% headers won when i had around 45%.

And then the other issue, i was playing Control tactic with passing set to shorter from the team instructions and using the "retain posession", "pass into space" and "work ball into box" shouts. But still my defenders would insist in hoofing the ball up the field straight to the other team even when not pressured by the opposition.

I think the game is great.

One quick issue - I have a player/coach (Paul Jermyn at Dorchester) who plays in the senior team and manages my U18s. Often he is able to do this on the same day at opposite sides of the country. Seems like an odd quirk.

Funny thing about the poor ME defending and the Tactic Creator etc I couldn't win for toffee in 12 but then I went back to classic and went attacking 4-4-2 with pretty much everything on mixed bar one roaming forward and I have hardly lost since!! Reading about the apparent poor defending again this time around it will be interesting to see if attack is the best form of defence again!!

If you need a second key does the game still update without the key being entered? No matter what I do the game still says Beta and the version is not current even though the update was downloaded and installed. Doesn't make sense to download the update if another key is required which is why I ask.

Can't see anything, the quality is too bad to see the ball.

But my guess is it's a keeper mistake, they happen a lot in this game at least De Gea has a howler for me every 2-3 games.

It seems like the keeper did not even attempt to make the save whole-heartedly, like he just stood there and flapped a hand at the ball.

My Keeper has been really really poor, I honestly think that he drops the ball more times than catching it. Also, there is definitely something wrong with the ball trajectory on passes. At times, the ball speeds up or slows down mid-flight. Also, the crossing bug still seems to be there, it is like I concede from more than 80% of crosses that are in the highlights.

I could be wrong here but is it possible that FMC is still using the older un-updated ME? Because when I started a normal save and played a few matches, the above issues I mentioned occur much less frequently.

The whole match-experience has been drastically worse for me than on FM12, and not just the poor defending. Just the feel of the match and the player+ball movement seems weirdly not normal.

I am seriously considering going back to FM12 for now.

In FM12 if you went to positions, on a player profile, you could see the amount of matches

a playr had played in each specific position.

Is that gone now or have i just not found it? Or maybe i'm just completely blind :D

get a grip will you wwfan we are not all kids on here so spare us the its your tactics kak, damn fqn boys get on my nerves!

when a ball goes to a player and that player then ignores the ball along with his colleague thats nots tactics!

when a winger is tracked by a fb then as the winger gets to the byline the fb decides to stop and run the other way thats not tactics

the winger problem scores a lot of goals against

closing down and tackling thats not tactics when u have set your team up to harass and be aggressive and then they arnt either thats not tactics!

if your going to post fanboy make it correct and ur supposed to be a mod as well, how did you get that does daddy work for si?

You can either listen to me and learn something or continue the juvenile insults and get infracted.

Your call.

You need to change what the game shows you, and what it replays for you. You can have the game show you anything from the whole game, to nothing at all (only commentary in words at the bottom of the screen). You can have the replays show you goals, goal action, highlights, or nothing at all. The settings button for this just to the right of the play/pause button during the game.

Yes i lnow i can do all that. im not stupid lol. i already said in my previous post that i had the game on extended highlights

My Full Release Thoughts:

I have played for about 15-20 hours on the full release which has taken me up to early December 2012 game time. I was playing as Arsenal.

The Match Engine is so terrible to watch that I can't play anymore. Along with a few other bugs that I will list below the game is just not at the level I need it to be for me to personally enjoy it. I wish I was like a lot of you who can play it as it is at the moment. It's just such a let down from FM 2012. I know many of you will be thinking I can't win so I hate it, but I had won 12 in a row before posting this post, strangely I had scored 2 goals in every one of those games, weird!

Match Engine Annoyances:

#Players sliding around on there fronts after being tripped up.

#Balls not slowing down in speed after being saved by the keeper as they role all the way to the advertising boards and over the side line.

#Players not going towards the ball when it is right next to them. When you are watching an extended highlight you get an idea at the start of each highlight which team it is for, and all through that highlight if the ball goes near the opposition, often they just ignore it, or run away from it.

#The general level of defending, players not tackling, and just standing next to opponents. When through balls are played Defenders often move out of the way, or sort of run around the ball.

#Keepers are much better than the Beta's but still look ridiculous and make crazy decisions.

#Players look like they are skating not running.

#All goals start to look very similar.

#Direct free kicks are pointless, how many people have scored one of these?

#Too many yellow cards for diving

#Players receiving the ball with no one around them and taking 2 seconds to even move, or look like they even realise they have the ball.

#Every game feels like I am playing the same team, no matter what level the team comes from.

General Game Bugs/Annoyances.

#Training Bug: Players being assingned new position to learn that can't be removed, as has been reported and will be fixed. Thanks Stu! http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/324367-Position-training-bug!

#Training Bug: Coaches Assignments resetting, which again, that to Stu Coleman, will be fixed eventually. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/321724-Coaches-setting-resets.

#Interaction Bug: I can't talk to Carzola without the game freezing, and there is no way around this. A lot of other people experiencing this with other players as well.

#This next one, I guess could be related to the Match Engine and the fact that all games feel the same, as after 14 or 15 EPL games in the 2012 season Norwich were winning the league, Liverpool were 19th, I was 4th, Man City were 3rd, Spurs 2nd, Manu 8th and Chelsea 11th. Very strange. Brendan Rogers, De Matteo & Pardew had lost their jobs already. It doesn't feel very realistic, and like I say before, all the teams feel the same to play against.

What I do like:

#I like the Interface, though I prefered the FM12 one to be honest.

It is really just the match engine that is holidng this game back. It's not a good watch.

Anyone agree?

Two little things stopping me playing at the moment.

1. The 'generating match report issue' which I've heard is being resolved.

2. When assigning individual coaching focus', the scrollbar automatically scrolls back to the top after each player I set - meaning I have to manually scroll down every time. So annoying! Anyone else had this problem?

1. The 'generating match report issue' which I've heard is being resolved.

Could you explain what this is?

When you click on a result and it generates the match report which takes a bit of time, instead of just showing the match overview screen with scorers etc like in previous versions.

The most annoying thing for me is when you are looking at the game in 3D, nearly all the players receive the ball with their back to goal (especially strikers) and annoying to watch..

I miss the old highlights, I have it on extended but end up watching meaningless highlights, which usually end up with the ball going out for a throw in.

I like the look of the game but the match engine really is awful and not nice to watch.

I think some clubs sell players too often, just watching Man Utd sell a lot of players!!

ive only managed to play five matches so far im not picking up on a lot of the problems people are reporting, but it is starting to worry me all the stuff im reading i wish i had not read through it all, ignorance is bliss sometimes :)

ive only managed to play five matches so far im not picking up on a lot of the problems people are reporting, but it is starting to worry me all the stuff im reading i wish i had not read through it all, ignorance is bliss sometimes :)

A lot is in the eye of the beholder, ME is very much a work in progress but it's passable overall and should rapidly get far better than any previous ones.

I think the game is great.

One quick issue - I have a player/coach (Paul Jermyn at Dorchester) who plays in the senior team and manages my U18s. Often he is able to do this on the same day at opposite sides of the country. Seems like an odd quirk.

He's invented teleporting, he's cloned himself??

I have often noticed stuff like this before and found it strange.

The further removed your tactics are from the logic underpinning the ME, the weirder things you will see. Some are bugs. Many are tactics related.

The only way I can tell is by analysing your tactical set up. If you detail what you are doing, I can tell you what it will result in in the ME.

So we are all going to have to use some super tactic for the ME to work?

Honest question as that is what it sounds like,if it is my tactic that is making players run away from the ball or step to one side and let opposing players run by them then I should start buying human players instead of robots ;)

My GK in Argentina Div 2 is playing it to defenders perfectly, now I'll have to try and work out why, because I don't think it's anything I've done tactically :D

Please do let me know,on the very few times my keeper does pass to my fullback the fullback gives him the ball back and then the keeper hits it long.

When you click on a result and it generates the match report which takes a bit of time, instead of just showing the match overview screen with scorers etc like in previous versions.

Thanks, do u know if this happens all the time?

Please do let me know,on the very few times my keeper does pass to my fullback the fullback gives him the ball back and then the keeper hits it long.

Might just be my fullbacks, they don't push up when the keeper gets the ball and the opposition do drop back, so it's a very safe pass for the keeper to make.

I wonder if keepers are seeing it as too risky, though I'm sure that was adjusted a bit.

A quick question/suggestion:

Why am I not able to get my squad ability/potential to be shown by my scouts opinion rather than assistant manager?

Also - Why am I not able to specify who adds opposition instructions before matches?

In both cases, I'm reliant on my Ass/Man having good 'Judging ability/potential' and 'Tactical' Stats (or player knowledge).

Seems a bit backwards - if I hire decent scouts, why are they not reviewing my squad ability rather some guy who couldn't spot a wonderkid if he was sat on him.

Am I seeing this right or am I missing something obvious/misunderstanding how this works?

D

Could I get a response to this, guys, please?

Also - Why having signed a player which my scouts reported as having the potential for league 1, am I now limited to getting coach reports which show him as 1 star potential because the coaches (rightfully) don't have high enough recognition of potential/ability? Why can't I ask whoever has the highest potential recognition to review this player instead? At the minute I'm stuck with a player who a). Might have been incorrectly reviewed as my scouts and be rubbish, or b). Be a wonderkid that's incorrectly labelled as worthless by my coaches.

FRUSTRATING BEYOND BELIEF.

How can this game fail to mirror how a real football club works? Surely someone on the staff at any real life club would be able to go and watch a player for 90 minutes and get a match report/valid potential report??

Can someone tell me if I'm getting this right, or whether there's a different way of looking at this before I lose the plot?

Cheers.

D

So we are all going to have to use some super tactic for the ME to work?

Honest question as that is what it sounds like,if it is my tactic that is making players run away from the ball or step to one side and let opposing players run by them then I should start buying human players instead of robots ;)

Given I've played a very basic 4-4-2 in every game and am 12 points clear with a game in hand after 22 matches, probably not.

I suspect it is more a case of not KISS.

Given I've played a very basic 4-4-2 in every game and am 12 points clear with a game in hand after 22 matches, probably not.

I suspect it is more a case of not KISS.

It is not a case of being successful or not,If you look at the screenshot you will see I am doing pretty well. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106361332

Although there is an insane amount of goals.

The point is even with this success the ME is pretty horrible and the 3D highlights make me cringe sometimes at how the players react,also my fans are for sure getting their monies worth with so many goals and on at least 3 times teams coming from 3-0 down at half time to get to 3-3 and then either I push on to win 5-3 or 4-3 or it ends 3-3,once or twice a season would be fair enough but it happens way to often,I am sure I will get the "it's your tactics" but I have tried a few different things and will continue to strive to get it more realistic but I do feel this ME has a lot of problems and could have done with a couple more months of testing and fixing before release....that's out of SI hands though <shrug>

Never uploaded a save before but I will have a read of how it is done and upload 1 of the saves.

Don't need a save. Just a pkm and the .tac file for the chosen game. If you upload to the SI ftp, I'll need to wait for somebody to forward it to me. Best to upload it on a public file hosting service. I can PM you my email if that is easier?

I completely agree with @Sancho Panza. I paid 50$ for the worst FM match engine I've ever experienced! Many of the new things are completely useless. Please, bring an update as soon as possible, bring back the FM2012 match engine, bring back the FM2012 interface and bring back FM2012's reality! Awful match engine, bad interface, extremely unreal at all - this is Football Manager 2013 a.k.a. the worst job on Earth.

Minor little gripe, but has anyone else noticed that the Matchday screen, when it is showing the 'scoreboard' with the team names, it makes the colours annoyingly metallic? I even went into the editor and changed St. Johnstone's away kit to a lighter blue, but it still comes up kind of silvery metallic. Also, celtic's name appears as a kind of shiny grey instead of white. Why is this?

defending is still not perfect, hope some quick update will come, as it's difcicult to win just beacause of lack of defense.

All the team play the same way, as making me run after ball !

Plyers are too much standing to wait losing down instead of passing the ball, and the players are not in front of the game but too much behaind.

Other things are perdefct in this game only 3D mtach engine to be serously update son, even after the last update.

Anoher thing, it's seems the players are no listenning to me !

After a couple of hours with the release last night it's clear that there has been some progress. Some.

The ME has improved dramatically but is still fairly horrid and not pleasing to watch.

The squad sorting issue is annoying but not a game breaker.

Not sure what's up with processing, it's either really slow or really quick apparently with no rhyme or reason.

I actually like the new UI.

DoF is a good addition but will need some tweaking, the addition of asking him to look for players in a certain position is a must.

Why oh why has media/press conferences just been left alone? They have been woeful for far too long and really should have been high on the list to fix.

It's also clear that the wildly swinging morale issues introduced in 12.3 have been left in, it's as if squads are alternating with ecstasy and heroin habits.

Anyway, more work needed please SI. And quickly. It's always been maintained that the use of Steam enables you to push out fixes to all when needed so I'm expecting some hot fixes and as many patches as necessary this year to get this game to a point where it's worth the price we've paid for it.

Archived