*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

Not sure if this is in the right place but its about the network game. im finding a few things wrong with it when i play with my mate. he's the host, it was showing i had 24 messages but it was only showing me like 8. this happens when i have say 84 but can only read 12 for example. they all show up after a while though normally i just have to restart the game. another thing is i had a press conference bit i couldnt decline i had to go into it, when i did the conference i go to press continue but it wont let me, its says must repond to the newcs conference!! so i had to restart my game. then in my news item it says i snubbed the media about 20 times because i pressed decline so many times. another is i loaned chopra but i couldnt confirm the deal. i couldnt press continue either. is this just my game ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Not sure if this is in the right place but its about the network game. im finding a few things wrong with it when i play with my mate. he's the host, it was showing i had 24 messages but it was only showing me like 8. this happens when i have say 84 but can only read 12 for example. they all show up after a while though normally i just have to restart the game. another thing is i had a press conference bit i couldnt decline i had to go into it, when i did the conference i go to press continue but it wont let me, its says must repond to the newcs conference!! so i had to restart my game. then in my news item it says i snubbed the media about 20 times because i pressed decline so many times. another is i loaned chopra but i couldnt confirm the deal. i couldnt press continue either. is this just my game ?

No, we're aware of those issues and they've been logged in the Network Bugs forum. Thanks

Im far from pleased with this version so far, match engine is juttery, takes a good 10 seconds to change screens/swap players on the tactics and formations screen, defending is horrible, morale is uncontrollable and no matter what can't string a set of wins together for love nor money.

Same here! Worst release yet! And the last few were pretty shocking aswell imo.

To all the people that defend SI, how can you possibly defend them when they consistantly release a game that is full of bugs and unplayable? All we ask as paying customers is for them to finish the bloody game before they release it? Its understandable that there will be small bugs, in every game there is, but not huge massive blatant flaws like the ones we see year after year from the FM series. Do they realise that most people playing this game now are thinking they are a complete joke?!

Before anyone sais the usual "If you don't like it no-ones forcing you to play it" tripe. I paid for the game, so im intitled to expect it to be of a playable and realistic standard (like they all are after a few proper patches) If your happy to pay good money and not get the finished article then more fool you. If someone came and did your driveway but didn't finish the job would you be happy? Doubtful!

You don't need to do anything - if they are on the loan list, the loan offer is automatically accepted. It confused me for a while too :D

But it allowed me to reject some offers for the same player at the same time. Is it a case of if they're on the loan list it's automatically accepted unless you decide otherwise?

But it allowed me to reject some offers for the same player at the same time. Is it a case of if they're on the loan list it's automatically accepted unless you decide otherwise?

Yeah, basically. If you don't want the player to go to that specific club you can reject an offer manually. Otherwise, in a few days the player will make his mind up over the available offers and you'll just have to confirm the final deal.

On FM12, there were two types of striped kit styles options in the editor, one with stripes in the front and none at the back, and one with both all over. have you changed this because these style of kits are not in the editor anymore Please get back to me on this guys.

Processing time on the game has nosedived for me. Have changed from GPU to software with no change, anyone got some suggestions to speed it up.

My pc is quadcore etc so it's way beyond spec.

same problem. It is unplayable !!

Same here! Worst release yet! And the last few were pretty shocking aswell imo.

To all the people that defend SI, how can you possibly defend them when they consistantly release a game that is full of bugs and unplayable? All we ask as paying customers is for them to finish the bloody game before they release it? Its understandable that there will be small bugs, in every game there is, but not huge massive blatant flaws like the ones we see year after year from the FM series. Do they realise that most people playing this game now are thinking they are a complete joke?!

Before anyone sais the usual "If you don't like it no-ones forcing you to play it" tripe. I paid for the game, so im intitled to expect it to be of a playable and realistic standard (like they all are after a few proper patches) If your happy to pay good money and not get the finished article then more fool you. If someone came and did your driveway but didn't finish the job would you be happy? Doubtful!

It's mainly the idea of unplayable that I have a problem with. Unplayable means you press new game and nothing happens. Or some bug won't let you select a goalkeeper, but the game won't advance to the match because you have noone in goal. That sort of thing. Some display options changing doesn't make the game unplayable.

I understand the desire to have a flawless game upon release. But as I see it, just the task of updating the hundreds of thousands of players and staff and histories and statistics each and every year is a massive undertaking. Plus the level of complexity in the match engine and the sheer breadth of information and playing options available is insane. And they're trying new things each year to make the game fresh, more efficient, more complete, and more enjoyable. They listen to the feedback provided and make concerted efforts to respond and improve the product. They release typcially three separate patches after release and at least a demo before the next one. They provide videos and previews and even a podcast.

If you consider this volume of work against the resources available to them, the quality of product they provide is exceptional. And it costs less than the dross that is most of the rest of modern gaming.

Yeah, sure, there's things we all can see that can be done better, or added, or done away with. Even so, take a step back, breathe deeply, and enjoy what you do have for a moment.

Do not be too harsh...

FM 2012 IS now (not WAS) a beautiful game with a realistic ME!

The developers were the same.

Im not being harsh! Its how i feel about the last few releases of the FM series. I've never said anything as im pretty reserved but ive just had enough this year. Its ridiculous releasing an un finished game. I'd really like my money back but i think ive got more chance of ******* on the moon.

I've bought the series since 2000, and the last 5 or so releases have been plagued by problems of one kind or another. And I know its the same people that did FM12.

I agree, FM12 is a beautiful game now (after numerous patches) but it was poor first time out. I'm actually just about to start another game on FM12 as its pointless playing 13 with all these issues. SI should be ashamed.

Possible bug.

I am not sure if this has been reported but in my last game I scored in the 85th minute, I decided on 88 minutes to set my team to defensive,on the 89th minute the change took place but right after the change the highlight started with the opposing team kicking off,it was almost like the last 4 minutes after the goal was skipped.

It's mainly the idea of unplayable that I have a problem with. Unplayable means you press new game and nothing happens. Or some bug won't let you select a goalkeeper, but the game won't advance to the match because you have noone in goal. That sort of thing. Some display options changing doesn't make the game unplayable.

I understand the desire to have a flawless game upon release. But as I see it, just the task of updating the hundreds of thousands of players and staff and histories and statistics each and every year is a massive undertaking. Plus the level of complexity in the match engine and the sheer breadth of information and playing options available is insane. And they're trying new things each year to make the game fresh, more efficient, more complete, and more enjoyable. They listen to the feedback provided and make concerted efforts to respond and improve the product. They release typcially three separate patches after release and at least a demo before the next one. They provide videos and previews and even a podcast.

If you consider this volume of work against the resources available to them, the quality of product they provide is exceptional. And it costs less than the dross that is most of the rest of modern gaming.

Yeah, sure, there's things we all can see that can be done better, or added, or done away with. Even so, take a step back, breathe deeply, and enjoy what you do have for a moment.

But it can also mean that the issues are soo severe that its lost its appeal, enjoyment and is soo tediously flawed that its unplayable for those reasons.

I don't deny the game LOOKS great, which just adds to the frustration that its got so many obvious issues and flaws that makes it UNPLAYABLE for me! :-)

I started as Wolves and I don't have a fitness coach and trying to buy a fitness coach but club keeps saying they don't need ANOTHER fitness coach... which another? i don't even have one. Can you look into that please?

Check your youth team or reserves,I had a goalkeeping coach training the under 18's and that was taking up the slot for my main squad.

I started as Wolves and I don't have a fitness coach and trying to buy a fitness coach but club keeps saying they don't need ANOTHER fitness coach... which another? i don't even have one. Can you look into that please?
Do you have a u18s one? the board's limit counts normal staff and u18 staff as one

FM is never perfect the day of release. We have this moaning and complaining about the game being "unfinished" and "unplayable" every single year. I'm fully aware what I'm getting when I hand my money over on release day. I'm getting a great game that will only get better over the coming months. This match engine in my opinion has the potential to far exceed any of it's predecessors, still needs a few tweaks, would like to see a little more zip in some of the attacking play, more dribbling and a little more crossing and defenders could look a little more intelligent but it's certainly not unplayable and this will be addressed with future patches just like it is every year. I don't always buy on release day but this year I'm glad I did. I think getting the fans of FM involved in the beta stage was a stroke of genius. I'm loving the game so far and I know that this game is going to keep me entertained over the next 12 months, 12 months of Football Manager for a bargain £29.99. That's a little over 8p a day. What else can you do tonight that costs 8p?

I have one brilliant idea for you dear people at Sigames.

What about this.

1) Fix what is not working good enough in football manager

2) Find new features to implement into into the game

3) Make sure the features work

4) release the game.

I honestly dont understand how difficult it can be to first focuse on making the game work properly, before starting to work on new features that will then again still not work.

Ive just wasted allmost the entire day playing football manager, just to experience bug after bug after bug. At the same time I see that issues that has been mentioned several editions still isnt working good.

Right now im just fed up.. ive been playing this game since early CM editions, and im always thrilled before every new edition. Im kinda of tired of beeing disapointed now.

Whats up with keepers and crosses?

They have no idea what to do when a player makes a "bad" cross that hits the goal. They either punch the ball in their own net or just stand and watch the ball go in without lifting a finger. EVERY time.

This has to be addressed.

Also there seems to be no friction in the grass, even soft short passes never stop on its own, or even slow down unless a player stops the ball.

Other than that, great game.

I found something that I see as a bug. During the beta I took Oxford united from L2 to championship. Now with the full game I started in the championship. Budget is 3.8m per year. The lowest budget in the league. Media prediction is 24th. But every game I'm considered favourite. This must be wrong.

Is anyone else conceding a ridiculous amount of goals from crosses? My full backs just stand and watch as wingers run past them and cross the ball and the strikers are always first to the ball in the box. Either that or the winger just cuts right inside along the by line and scores from a ridiculous angle into the far corner. No amount of tactical changes or tweaks seems to sort it.

Does anybody not also think the tackling is atrocious? Tackling on hard and my player doesn't even attempt to stick a foot in and just remains stagnant while they pass it by him or cross it.
agree as well - I get no sense that my "hassle opponents" or "get stuck in" instructions have much bearing at all. Could be first season blues but feel its part of a wider ME issue..

I have one brilliant idea for you dear people at Sigames.

What about this.

1) Fix what is not working good enough in football manager

2) Find new features to implement into into the game

3) Make sure the features work

4) release the game.

I honestly dont understand how difficult it can be to first focuse on making the game work properly, before starting to work on new features that will then again still not work.

Ive just wasted allmost the entire day playing football manager, just to experience bug after bug after bug. At the same time I see that issues that has been mentioned several editions still isnt working good.

Right now im just fed up.. ive been playing this game since early CM editions, and im always thrilled before every new edition. Im kinda of tired of beeing disapointed now.

It doesn't even have to work properly. Just don't let it out with such major problems.

As you understand we are now on step 3 of your post. We are the testers, free of charge. ;)

[video=youtube;PGB66ydgco8]

He didn't dribble past anyone. He just run with no one near him and scored.

I have been defending this ME, and people repeatedly slag me off as a 'fan-boy', but maybe the ME is broken..... I just beat Inter Milan 5-1 on aggregate in the Europa League 3rd round playoff, couldn't call it their reserves either. I was the mighty St. Johnstone......

Normally people don't moan after freak wins. You probably just accidentally or deliberately ended up exploiting the gaps in their defence.

Bit gutted

Looks like if i am going to play FM13 i'm going to end up having to find or create a "Super Tactic".

I've been trying to play the game properly, setting up my tactic based on who i'm playing, home or away, etc, etc, but i keep having so many games that i dominate but somehow end up drawing or losing, the same has happened in the last couple of FM's, its just frustrating and i end up using a single plug and play tactic home and away, as its the only way i get any consistency.

From a frustrated FM fan.

Bit gutted

Looks like if i am going to play FM13 i'm going to end up having to find or create a "Super Tactic".

I've been trying to play the game properly, setting up my tactic based on who i'm playing, home or away, etc, etc, but i keep having so many games that i dominate but somehow end up drawing or losing, the same has happened in the last couple of FM's, its just frustrating and i end up using a single plug and play tactic home and away, as its the only way i get any consistency.

From a frustrated FM fan.

I think there's always a danger of over complicating stuff. There's a recent post by wwfan in the FM13 Beta feedback thread about movement between the lines which makes you think, play simple, and get results. Probably the best single post I've read in these forums for months.

I think there's always a danger of over complicating stuff. There's a recent post by wwfan in the FM13 Beta feedback thread about movement between the lines which makes you think, play simple, and get results. Probably the best single post I've read in these forums for months.

That's just it, i was keeping it simple, was using an in game tactic with very minor tweaks, i was still doing ok, but so frustrating missing easy chances when the AI is racking up so many cheap goals. :(

Just to mention this is also something that has been bothering me a fair bit too.

In the past I have always played matches with players stats page open, and the game always automatically switched to a match highlight when necessary and then back to your chosen screen once the highlight was finished.

In one previous version (maybe fm09?) there was a bug that stopped this working correctly, but think it was eventually fixed in a patch.

So I guess I was wondering if this is perhaps a bug that means this doesn't work like it used to, or rather purely a design decision to remove it?

Is there any news on this SI?

Is it a bug or has this feature been taken out??????

• Administrators
Is there any news on this SI?

Is it a bug or has this feature been taken out??????

It's something we're aware of and looking into, it's not an easy change to make so we can't do it quickly but as said we're aware people want this functionality back. Thanks.

That's just it, i was keeping it simple, was using an in game tactic with very minor tweaks, i was still doing ok, but so frustrating missing easy chances when the AI is racking up so many cheap goals. :(

How's your mix of duties? The simple secret of wwfan's post appears to be about mixing duties up in the horizontal strata. So, you might want a cover and stopper in central defence. In central midfield maybe a defensive DM and supportive DLP. Having attacking wingbacks behind supportive inside forwards work for me too.

[video=youtube;PGB66ydgco8]

:lol:

Further proof that the ME in this game is seriously, seriously flawed. The defending is non-existent, man.

[video=youtube;SdvP1rBe1Ic]

Look at that! Just let's him get the cross in, the own goal and inability to actually save it from the goalkeeper which is baffling. 90th minute by the way, seems every goal is extremely late on when it's against you. When you're chasing a game though you'll be lucky if there's one highlight.

It's depressing because when it's good, FM is undoubtedly one of the greatest and easily most rewarding games in the world.

Archived