*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

It would be nice if there was a way to directly transfer the match reports, and perhaps other news posts, directly to the fora.

Would make career games every so slightly easier.

Oh, and don't let the news delete match reports from 2 weeks ago. Twice I found my game had wiped the match reports from the start of a month even before the month had ended...yet the game kept silly news posts I didn't need or want.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything except the ME has been improved in my opinion.

I don't miss the training sliders, and to set up scouting, for instance. I do miss a bigger improvement to negotiations, however. They are still not actually negotiations...

Edit: to be fair, the ME has also been improved, but only parts of it. As a whole FM12 is still better. It is okay that some micromanagement is required in -some- games, but I think it is a bit over the top when you literally have to pupetteer all the players in every match. I hope the next patch improves the balance of the game in this respect.

This post sums up how I feel about the game.

I'm beginning to realise that I detest the current ME. I get no satisfaction from victory nor defeat anymore, since too many goals seem comical or outlandish. The defending is consistently apalling, near post corners and far post crosses are near-guaranteed goals etc.

However, a few interface issues aside, it's improved in nearly every other respect from FM2012. Training is miles better, and interactions feel a little more real. I would like there to be an option to "lock" transfer details (e.g. 20% next fee HAS to be in) in the same way as contract details, but that's a minor point.

Until the ME is improved though, 2012 will remain the better game. Failing that, there's always next year :-)

So, the board are telling me we're in a precarious financial position and we should look to offload some players, then when I do they tell me they're unhappy to see players leaving. Should I know which players they're happy to let go, and which ones they want to stay? He was a FB and had played one game all season so sold him in January as was taking £15,000 a week in wages.

This is the message from the board. (Damn that incorrect tax bill, that's the reason I'm in the ****).

TU6um.png

As you can see, he hardly set the world alight with his performances for me.

fiX3F.png

is this a bug, or should I be careful about who I let go in future?

Is it now allowed to offer N/C, P/T and F/T contracts to 15-16 year olds in England?? ... I can sign 15 year olds in the BSS on Full-time contracts effective immediately. That wasn't allowed in FM12. Did the contract rules change in real life, or might there be another reason for this to be allowed in FM13?

Because THEY DON'T KNOW, when will you people get it? Until it's fully tested thay can't give any prediction and once it is ready they release it straight away.

It really is that simple.

SI don't work to a project plan? They don't ask their testers for an estimate? I know we're never going to get a date from them, but I find it hard to believe SI themselves don't have a date...

Big John in the SEGA ivory towers: "when will you fix this game we've invested in?"

SI: "Dunno, when its ready I s'pose"

I'm sure I've seen PaulC say they're aiming for a release before Christmas, but depending on how testing goes it might be sooner/later.

Because THEY DON'T KNOW, when will you people get it? Until it's fully tested thay can't give any prediction and once it is ready they release it straight away.

It really is that simple.

will it be also a data update with the patch or the next data update will be after the winter transfer window?

What would be nice is if I could have a quite chat with players that are with me on loan and their contract also expires at the end of the loan term. They're out on loan because their club doesn't want them anymore, yet they will go back and sign another contract and still be on the transfer list, when I would have happily taken over their contract and kept them with me. Especially as their happiness says: "Doesn't want to leave the club"

It's just daft and unrealistic.

I don't understand, I have no issue with injuries. Why is it being addressed?

And that is the problem SI face. Some people have injury problems in their game and some people don't, so finding the cause of the problem (if there is one) will not be very easy.

What would be nice is if I could have a quite chat with players that are with me on loan and their contract also expires at the end of the loan term. They're out on loan because their club doesn't want them anymore, yet they will go back and sign another contract and still be on the transfer list, when I would have happily taken over their contract and kept them with me. Especially as their happiness says: "Doesn't want to leave the club"

It's just daft and unrealistic.

In other words you would like to tap up players, because that is in effect what you're suggesting. I suspect that such a thing happens IRL but as there are all kinds of legal issues with it SI won't include it in the game.

You can still offer them contracts when they only have 6 weeks left on their contract at their parent club just like every one else.

In other words you would like to tap up players, because that is in effect what you're suggesting. I suspect that such a thing happens IRL but as there are all kinds of legal issues with it SI won't include it in the game.

You can still offer them contracts when they only have 6 weeks left on their contract at their parent club just like every one else.

Okay let me rephrase that. What I would like to do is talk to the press about wanting to sign a player I have on loan. I can do this with other players that are not at my club that I'm interested in, but I cannot do it with the players I have on loan with me. This is usually a good way of getting the player interested in a transfer. Being open about wanting to sign a player is not tapping up. SAF was very vocal in the press that United wanted van Persie, nothing had been agreed with Arsenal. I want to do the same with the three players I have at the club. I would like to make it known I want to make them permanent members of my squad. This is not tapping up.

What is up with this? Is it a bug? Has anyone had anything similar?

I signed an excellent Head of Youth Development in April, having fired my old one, and a month later he has retired. What is up with that? Why would he take a job and retire a month later? I've lost money getting rid of the old one. And now I have to go and find another one. Should this be reported as a bug or is this acceptable behaviour?

J2ZvT.png

I signed an excellent Head of Youth Development in April, having fired my old one, and a month later he has retired. What is up with that? Why would he take a job and retire a month later? I've lost money getting rid of the old one. And now I have to go and find another one. Should this be reported as a bug or is this acceptable behaviour?

J2ZvT.png

Am i reading it right that he played for 37 years and retired when he was 54?

I would call that highly unusual maybe unheard of and probably a bug. :)

I can't decide, it does happen IRL, like with Kevin Kilbane, but barely ever. At his age it would be more realistic too, he could feel fine at one point in time and then too old for work a few months later.

But would you get some kind of compo from him for breaching his contract? IRL the contract for someone of that age would probably have an illness clause in it.....

This could be one of the few cases where I think one could advocate something from IRL not being in the game. Or perhaps in his 'happiness' it would say something like.

'Feeling ok to keep working, but aware he may retire soon', or something.

What apalaxe has noticed isn't a bug, it is a mistake in his history. He retired playing in 1966, but in game it is 1990. Should be reported as a data issue.

What apalaxe has noticed isn't a bug, it is a mistake in his history. He retired playing in 1966, but in game it is 1990. Should be reported as a data issue.

I missed that calculation. In the meantime i googled oldest player and a brazilian actually played and scored age 58 :)

Anyway IRL people might retire shortly after starting new job for health or other reasons i guess.

I can accept he was old. Was hoping I could get a year or two out of him, but I don't have a large budget and spend a lot on compensation to get him, and now he has gone a month later. Very frustrating as I've just spend another £100k on compensation for a new guy to come in.

I've learned my lesson, this new guy is 42 :)

So I took your advice and waited until the 6 weeks, but I cannot 'approach to sign' them all. Only one of them. Are there age restrictions in place?

It is evident that there is a problem with the injuries that occur on occasions. If somebody could explain exactly what to do when you dont want these injuries then it would be good but my guess is that there is a huge need for it to be fixed in a patch by SI. The fact that people argue that there does not exist a injury problem, fine I can accept that. But when it comes to you, as i am sure it will do, then you will be in the same boat as the rest of us.

Can somebody please explain this; I am City right now, Silva, Balotelli, Kompany, Fellaini, Dzeko all out for three months with a torn knee ligament. Come on.

Can somebody please explain this; I am City right now, Silva, Balotelli, Kompany, Fellaini, Dzeko all out for three months with a torn knee ligament. Come on.
Upload a screen shot of 5 players all having torn knee ligaments at the same time and I will............................... still not say there is an injury problem, but concede that you have been horrifically unlucky. I won't hold my breath for the screenshot though.

You have 5 players out with the exact same injury for the exact same length of time? I need to see this screen shot.

I've played 4 seasons now on the new patch, still not had a single season where i've had players constantly out, simple squad rotation and knowing when to rest people is all you need.

Upload a screen shot of 5 players all having torn knee ligaments at the same time and I will............................... still not say there is an injury problem, but concede that you have been horrifically unlucky. I won't hold my breath for the screenshot though.

In FM12 I had quite a few thigh strains on my players, only 2 or so at a time but it was the most common injury. I just modified my training a little and got one or two better fitness coaches in. IK'm not too sure if that would have had an effect as I stopped playing FM a little while after that.

2 at a time with something like a thigh strain, sure i could see that, but id question 5 being out with thigh strains, nevermind 5 out with a terrible injury all at the same time. Should be easy enough to prove me wrong tho.

Yup, quick simple screen-grab and upload and we can all go home happy

Unless of course he was exaggerating for dramatic effect, and obstructing the useful discussion that has a chance of inducing improvements to the ME with his hyperbole?

Yup, quick simple screen-grab and upload and we can all go home happy

Unless of course he was exaggerating for dramatic effect, and obstructing the useful discussion that has a chance of inducing improvements to the ME with his hyperbole?

I've yet to see a single exaggeration yet in the feedback threads......

Ok, i am one. How does one take a screenshot? And how do I upload it here on the forums?

I cant figure out how to do it in game on my laptop so i put the game into windowed mode, press control and print screen, then paste (control + v) into paint, then save, and upload to imageshack or somewhere like that, then link the photo on here.

Hmm, at risk of smugness, thought so joseph, but a couple of days ago in the other thread....

.....I sometimes wonder if these 'little exagerration' pieces of whining would be backed up as fact with actual hard evidence if somebody had a look at their save??

If it's any consolation mate, don't think you're alone, but it doesn't really help anyone to over cook problems when there are real problems and it's your time you're wasting as much as anyone's. :(

Ok, so it is not the same injury problem for all the guys in the City team. But my point is that there are too many injuries in FM13.

Not the same injury, not really at the same time, but horribly unlucky. I don't think it proves there are too many though. The fact that a number of them were similarly will understandably have biased you slightly in that regard though.

I think we can undoubtedly say that in FM, there are certain periods in which certain clubs get unlucky and get a lot of injuries. (Just like in real life)

Some of the points Astjon Man (sorry for spelling) make are interesting though, about there being too many injuries in matches rather than training, but I'm not 100% convinced by them either

If you had just said you thought there were too many, and that you had had a bad run, I wouldn't have jumped on you like I did. If people are exagerrating, then SI simply aren't going to bother separating the wheat from the chaff, they will just write it all off as chaff. I can't help but notice there has been severely reduced SI involvement in GD recently.

Not the same injury, not really at the same time, but horribly unlucky. I don't think it proves there are too many though. The fact that a number of them were similarly will understandably have biased you slightly in that regard though.

I think we can undoubtedly say that in FM, there are certain periods in which certain clubs get unlucky and get a lot of injuries. (Just like in real life)

Some of the points Astjon Man (sorry for spelling) make are interesting though, about there being too many injuries in matches rather than training, but I'm not 100% convinced by them either

If you had just said you thought there were too many, and that you had had a bad run, I wouldn't have jumped on you like I did. If people are exagerrating, then SI simply aren't going to bother separating the wheat from the chaff, they will just write it all off as chaff. I can't help but notice there has been severely reduced SI involvement in GD recently.

i just wonder how every single game having a player injured is real, my last game game my team had 3 injuries during the game and the other 1... if someone tell me how to print screen the fm i show it, but whenever i print screen while playing fm the image is from my desktop:s

i just wonder how every single game having a player injured is real, my last game game my team had 3 injuries during the game and the other 1... if someone tell me how to print screen the fm i show it, but whenever i print screen while playing fm the image is from my desktop:s

What would you showing that match prove? It would show that it happened in one game, just like it could do in real life. It would be unusual sure, but it could happen. I haven't seen it in hundreds of FM matches, so if we make a test group of your matches and mine then we end up somewhere in the middle, quite realistic. If we add more and more and more people in, then the results will most likely stay central. This doesn't preclude the possiblity some people are having terrrible luck with injuries though, and are quite reasonably feeling aggreived.

You uploading that photo certainly wouldn't show every single game containing an injury though, as that is plainly false. Perhaps a decent number of them do, which is realistic. In the manchester derby last weekend, there were at least 2 players taken off injured, meaning that even a following match with no injuries would still only bring IRL down to the level you claim counts as being too many injuries.

Have you not noticed any of the requests to cease exaggeration and hyperbole? If you say you feel that you get too many injuries, people may disagree but it wouldn't really be fair of someone to say you were out and out wrong. If you claim that someone gets injured in every. single. match. then you invite yourself to justified criticism

What would you showing that match prove? It would show that it happened in one game, just like it could do in real life. It would be unusual sure, but it could happen. I haven't seen it in hundreds of FM matches, so if we make a test group of your matches and mine then we end up somewhere in the middle, quite realistic. If we add more and more and more people in, then the results will most likely stay central. This doesn't preclude the possiblity some people are having terrrible luck with injuries though, and are quite reasonably feeling aggreived.

You uploading that photo certainly wouldn't show every single game containing an injury though, as that is plainly false. Perhaps a decent number of them do, which is realistic. In the manchester derby last weekend, there were at least 2 players taken off injured, meaning that even a following match with no injuries would still only bring IRL down to the level you claim counts as being too many injuries.

Have you not noticed any of the requests to cease exaggeration and hyperbole? If you say you feel that you get too many injuries, people may disagree but it wouldn't really be fair of someone to say you were out and out wrong. If you claim that someone gets injured in every. single. match. then you invite yourself to justified criticism

in the nine official games i realized in my third season just trhee of them i handt any injure, 6 in 9 games 9 players injured, just in my team and i´m not counting the players injured in the trainings and in theirs national teams...

Im not sure if this is an issue or not but if I could get some clarification on why that would be greatly appreciated

my main issue is that in the first save I had with Anji (before the patch) the board set some "initial budgets" before they gave me the final budget of something around 20 million + around 85 percent of the player sales, which I had no problem with even though it seems a bit low for a side like anji who have clearly shown their ambition in these past transfer windows, their owner does have a estimated value of 7 billion....anyways so I finish my season up, waiting for my transfer funds, first thing I noticed is that the board didnt set the "initial budgets" like they did in my first save, didnt think nothing of it at the time, then comes the season expectations and I see that the board is only willing to offer me this transferbudget13.png

keep in mind this season I did the treble so I figured I get more if anything because of the prize money and TV revenue, I also had a difference around 200k in wage space, as I sold Zhirkov for 15 million to Arsenal in the start of the game, and its not as if the club was losing money either they made a profit last season

finances13.png

any idea what it might have been, I figured that the owner would pump money in later but I have gone as far as a month and a week and nothing, I finally had the option to ask for the wage and budget to be increased but he wont oblige at all despite gaining a bunch of confidence from the board this past season

I ended third with Lazio first season and thus got the last CL spot, which of course would increase revenue greatly if I do well. I also got rid of plenty of old, overpaid players. Yet, the transfer budget was a whooping 450k. It makes sense for a club to have the money before using them, but I think this was a little excessive. Surely the opportunity to earn several millions extra by advancing from the group stage should be tempting for a club of Lazio's stature? That's the logic behind investments anyways...

I hope having 30-40m in the bank next season will get me a higher budget, but looking at that Anji-screenshot above I now prepare for the opposite...

Archived