*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Don't know if that was already said in the thread, but it seems that americans can't join european versus-competitions without changing their download location to Europe

Yep, we have posted this notice here whilst we look into it - Finding/Connecting to FM Network Games

• Administrators
Yeah cheers Lucas but it says I don't have permission to access this page?!

Ah, it's a recently created forum so you may not be able to see it yet though it is live. Here's what I posted:

We are experiencing reports of users being unable to connect or find their friends' games. We are looking into the issue and have two potential solutions to try:

1) The host hosting the game should try having a unique "Server Name" so that their friends can find it by searching for the Server Name.

2) Try changing Download Region in Steam -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud -> Change Region.

3) If there are still issues with connecting, try reinstalling the network card driver, as directly by this link:

http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=2264

• Administrators
Welp

>Nikopol, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Yeah as I stated its a recently created forum so might not appear just yet until it's propagated to all of the servers.

Generating Match Report. Why was this completely irritating feature added? Takes an age to load when you click on a result. A big part of my FM experience was clicking on various games to view match ratings/stats/etc now for some reason SI have decided to make it a pain in the arse.

Generating Match Report. Why was this completely irritating feature added? Takes an age to load when you click on a result. A big part of my FM experience was clicking on various games to view match ratings/stats/etc now for some reason SI have decided to make it a pain in the arse.

I would second this completely but its not a total blown disaster- but yes, I will come to miss that- one thing I would say is that I feel that there are too many features, like this and the search bar for example that have been changed un-necessarily, if there isn't a problem, why fix it?

• Administrators
And sorry because I cant see the thread, can I just ask while your here, is there any way different this year (because its on Steams servers) that we start/find a network game compared to previous years?

Yes, it's not done through IP Matching now but through Steam's system.

i purchased the game and played the beta, when steam finished to download, the antivirus moved into quarantine... i sorted it out, made the exception, the game worked... so i played it fine till today, when the full version came out.

had same problem, did the same, made the exception, clicked the icon and then... **** happens (Football manager has stopped working, an instant later i started the game... i went to details, and it said BEX problem bla bla bla...

so, went to steam, and started to download again... now is at 22%

i have 2 questions

1) what should i do when it finish...

2) if i can run the game (i hope so) will be my save still there (3rd season with Madrid, almost finishing it, 2 points clear on league, 2 games to go, and in UCL Final for 2nd straight year, vs Liverpool, bought Neymar and Hazard, CR7 playing below par...)

• Administrators
i purchased the game and played the beta, when steam finished to download, the antivirus moved into quarantine... i sorted it out, made the exception, the game worked... so i played it fine till today, when the full version came out.

had same problem, did the same, made the exception, clicked the icon and then... **** happens (Football manager has stopped working, an instant later i started the game... i went to details, and it said BEX problem bla bla bla...

so, went to steam, and started to download again... now is at 22%

i have 2 questions

1) what should i do when it finish...

2) if i can run the game (i hope so) will be my save still there (3rd season with Madrid, almost finishing it, 2 points clear on league, 2 games to go, and in UCL Final for 2nd straight year, vs Liverpool, bought Neymar and Hazard, CR7 playing below par...)

Report back if still an issue when finished.

As for your save game locate it in your Documents/Sports Interactive folder and copy it to a safe location if needs be.

• Administrators
Ah I see, cheers Lucas, I'm in the US and I hope that won't affect me playing with a UK player too much, god knows what your doing up at 4 in the morning, but :applause:

Initial indications are that changing download region to match your friend's may help but we are naturally still getting to grips with this whilst we explore the issue and look into it to see what we can do. Thanks :)

well... my save is still there... phew!!! its about on 30%...

i hope keeper fumbles are off, cuz i sold CASILLAS for that, ter stegen came in, to make it the same, if not worse...

my concern is that when i execute the game and the antivirus (avira) detect it, the file becomes corrupt... any idea of what the BEX problem means???

• Administrators

I don't I'm afraid. You could try disabling the anti-virus to see if that helps and use Windows Security Essentials in the meantime if the exceptions isn't working.

ill start to sing while im waitin... cuz steam gonna take its time...

miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii buenos aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiires queriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiido... cuaaaaaaaaaaando yo te vuelvaaaaaaaaaaaa a veeeeeeeeeeeeer... no habra mas penaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ni olviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidoooooooo...

a tango from Gardel, icon of Buenos Aires!!!

Not bad, guys. It's an okay start.

Watched two full matches, default settings with a couple of basic teams.

The Good:

Things are a little more intelligent on the field now. Goalkeepers don't look as shakey. They are solid and are making better decisions.

There are more through balls, and 'thoughtful' plays happening. Players are actually being sent.

Monotonous passing has gone down. What used to be me watching a one-touch passing clinic, appears more reasonable now.

I saw wingers break down the wing a little more, for cross attempts. Just a little.

The Bad:

Still only saw 1 fullback block a cross attempt. They still look awkward for positioning. Don't know why you refuse to get fullbacks to block shots. Makes no sense. Especially since that was their trademark in FM2012. I'm watching the MLS playoffs right now, and a Whitecap fullback just jumped in front of a Galaxy cross attempt. Took it right in the groin and went down.

In other words, the fullbacks in FM 2013 are WIMPS. They play like pussies. Sure, they'll pinch high, close down, and occasionally do close-up tackles with bad animations, but they won't block crosses.

Ball is still too small and moves across the lawn too fast.

Players-laying-down-and-sliding-all-over glitch still exists.

Players still go through each other.

Pass completion is awful since the patch during the beta, and goalkeeper distribution still doesn't work properly

If with awful you mean it to be too high I agree - surely in matchups between third division sides and their reserves there shouldn't be a completion rate of 85% for both sides when both aren't merely recycling possession without pushing any. The patched engine now looks better in terms of measurable statistics than previously in this regard. This time I haven't actually played any match myself yet, but simulated a country on full details from 1st to 3rd division. What is still noticable, compared to FM 2012 and earlier: The lower levels of fitness and skill don't show as clearly in the league statistics anymore yet. Everything else looks fine, the most apparent ones like bookings etc. anyway, and the corresponding PPMs such as "dives into tackles" or "argues with official" certainly making their impact, as do the corresponding attributes.

One curious thing I still noticed is that not simulating a competition in full means in some cases actually having attributes MORE of an effect on league statistics. Was the case in previous iterations of the game, appears to be the case here. It was the youth leagues not simulated in full detail that saw a drastic drop in "distance covered during 90 minutes", with top work horses from professional leagues and the youth competitions being several kilometres per match apart. Pass completion rates of top youth players drop even more sharply.

The worst FM yet. Last year's after an update that suddenly crippled every player and made sure that even the fittest players wouldn't dare play 2 matches in 1 week was pretty bad. But this takes the biscuit.

The mind-numbingly, tediously boring "highlight" at kick off. Why do we need to see an utterly irrelevant "passage of play" for about 30 seconds? Same again at the end before the final whistle. It's incredibly infuriating then because you'll inevitably be drawing or losing after absolutely dominating a match and you'll think you've got a chance, but nah, that's just FM taking the mickey out of you.

Why do you need to play counter attack to create CCC's? It's increasingly obvious that FM's ME can't comprehend possession based play and CCC's because it can only exploit space because it's clearly outdated.

Cross to the far post = goal. Ridiculous. Not nearly as ridiculous as the seemingly weekly long ball/cross from about 80 yards which will fly into the net. Every few games that happens. Even Abu Hamza wouldn't be that inept at catching a bloody football.

Strikers can't score in this game, it seems. Only AML's or AMR's who're the recipients of a far post cross from the other winger. We never saw Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, van Persie et al score for fun last season did we? One thing's for sure, we won't be seeing it in this FM.

Biggest complaint is with the complete lack of action. Going a full half with like 1 highlight is just unacceptable. More so when you're playing against 10 men and the commentary is flashing "AND THEY'RE PILING THE PRESSURE ON!!!!!!!". The only pressure that's rising is my blood pressure at the dross on display. Previous FM's would've seen lots of actions. There were games where you'd be all over an opponent for the full match and you may not have broken through but you were still dominant and that was evident. The past few weeks of playing this FM has only proven that that isn't the case any more. Bad move.

Whoever decides the SPL players' ratings ought to resign from their role immediately. Dundee United overpowered once more. Jon Daly the Irish Lionel Messi bizarrely. Jon Daly is ridiculously overrated with 16 finishing and 15 CREATIVITY?!?! 14 passing too LOL. 15 first touch. 12 technique HAHAHAHA. Jon Daly, world class trequartista folks. Oh wait, he's absolutely crap and is just a stereotypical target man but obviously was kind enough to take a picture in Lidl's with the SPL researcher which earned him mega brownie points. Sickening, shameful, cringeoworthy, urgh, I can taste it in my mouth and it's vile. All the while, Thomas Muller has once again been totally disrespected with a measly 14 finishing and no other technical attributes of note, but that's fine, because you can always patronise him and bump up his mental stats and basically say "you're crap mate, but you try really hard. Good for you xx". Speaking of SPL ratings, Samaras' rating is an utter joke compared to that man Jon Daly once again. A striker so unbelievably good he gets put at centre back because he's rather tall and cumbersome. Honestly, is the SPL researcher a Dundee United fan and completely biased or just completely incompetent? It's actually laughable. Anyone who watches the SPL go look at Jon Daly's attributes. Put a nappy on beforehand though because you will have an accident.

I look forward to updates/patches. Although, maybe not, with SI's previous of updates and their impact. Or lack of. Regressing. If ever a word was apt it was that.

Can't wait for FM14 already. NOT.

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2012

d2SAX.png

Jon Daly: Football Manager 2013:

4Zbq4.png

Apparently he's gotten stronger and faster pace wise in the past year. His positioning and off the ball have gone up by 2 and influence 3!?!?!?!His creativity has went up by 2. I'm gobsmacked by that. He now concentrates more. He's far more composed. He anticipates better and the most galling of all - his aggression has came significantly down. How convenient that the poster boy who would've been a risk of red cards regularly has suddenly hit the prozac and can continue on to rival Lionel Messi for the Ballon d'Or and the title of the greatest footballer of all time.

Honestly, SPL watchers, go look at Samaras and Hooper's attributes then Daly's. Both far, far greater players than Daly is on the bloody Playstation yet he so massively outshines both of them and many others. I just don't get it, SI.

Well...this is no more a beta and ME still sucks. Fm 2012 is much better. Just play a game in Fm 2013 3D and go back to 2012 guys and see the differences. I made a mistake buying the game this year. :(

I guess we have to wait until the last patch in March for a playable game as usual. Fm 2013 is not funny.

So we have been reporting issues in the database thread for them not to be updated until January? So no fixes for Derby being for sale and more worryingly no fix for goalkeeper distribution.

How is goalkeeper distribution a database issue??

made it... Madrid is Champions of La Liga and two consecutive times Champions of Europe!!!

the Team:

Ter Stegen; Ramos, Varane, Jones, Bale

Fellaini, Marchisio

Cristiano Ronaldo, Ozil, Neymar

Higuain

now... going serious... it seemns that stupid fumbles from keepers are off... but... in other game Osasuna scored from a goal kick, it passed my defense, keeper did nuthing and goal..., game ended 4-1

is better. but still room for improvement.

still cannot activate the game here - Steam coming back with an invalid code message, after using the code printed on the game manual that came with the boxed version.

have run the dvd install which appeared to complete the installation, as another x% of game files installed, but still nothing - game only launches as Beta, not the full version.

does the Beta code run until the 5th or something, then you have to use the code from the boxed version to activate?

Have they stated that goalkeeper distribution was not fixed? I thought it would be...

Yes they did, but I am assuming the people reporting there is still a problem post beta are not lying. Not played yet myself though so I could be wrong and people are just on the wind up because I think they said they would fix it.

Edit: OK, cancel that complaint. Not sure what game the others are playing but GK distribution seems ok for me now.

Yes they did, but I am assuming the people reporting there is still a problem post beta are not lying. Not played yet myself though so I could be wrong and people are just on the wind up because I think they said they would fix it.

Edit: OK, cancel that complaint. Not sure what game the others are playing but GK distribution seems ok for me now.

That's good. The GK distribution was a big issue. If that's fixed, it's a lot better.

how do i know what version i am on? Btw match engine seems great because my team are kicking arse! (i knew my tactics weren't stupid) couldn't win this match last night and this morning it's 5-1 like it should be. It's almost like my players realised which boot was supposed to be on which foot. Also yes they were tactics i couldn't win a game on!!

Archived