There and Back Again. A Football Manager's tale by SRL88

SRL88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a fan of the manager to gave you the CL and took you as close to the title as you've been for ages?

I'm not his biggest fan.

Dump them and get Anderlecht and Lille in.

This is just for your benefit :p.

Good to see you back so quick mate, wont half star take ages later on or was that what you had for your last career?

I had similar for my last career & it was slow as hell. This is absolutely flying through.

Not a bad start with your new club :D

Could be worse I suppose ha.

Things are looking promising this season! KUTGW.

Fingers crossed we keep it up.

will be following this will great interest SRL Good Luck

Cheers dude :thup:.

Looks a very open league. With only three defeats, you must fancy your chances?

Its odd the way the league works. It works in 10 game 'periods' with the team finishing top of those qualifying for the play-offs which is referenced by one side already qualifying for them. After that, teams who finish 2-4th overall can also qualify for the play-offs too so there is still plenty to play for.

What's your problem with Rafa if you don't mind me asking?

Good start in Belgium.

Yeah he did well for a few seasons, but he is a pretty deluded man.

Deluded how?

He just thinks he is better than what he is. His stock has massively fallen and he made some blunders when in charge of us. So glad we didnt approach him in the summer.

I still rate him. You don't win a double with Valencia and a European Cup with Traore if you're a mug.

A very good tactician, especially in Europe, but in the league not quite.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - December 2012 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-4.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages-3.png

Such frustration as I was really confident going into the month that we could win two games. The one positive I have is our resilience as we fell behind in all the games, only to come back. We were brilliant against Tienen and conceeded within a few minutes which turned out to be their only shot on target. Another draw followed in a very even game with Vincent George scoring a thunderbolt in stoppage time. The game against Patro Eisden saw us fall two goals down inside the first half but we fought back brilliantly to grab what could turn out to be a very vital point.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - January 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-5.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages-4.png

A very good month on reflection to be honest. We started with a cracking win at home to Grimbergen as we flew out of the blocks with Cedric Tuta scoring inside the opening minute. That win was followed up with a very tough trip to Ath which saw us beaten by a shocking first half performance. We fell 2-0 down and then had a man sent off to really seal things. The month was rounded off with a win at home to Union to leave us just off the top group of teams.

Not far off the pace, fella. Hope you can put a few wins together and sneak in there...

Cheers dude. It isnt going to be easy as everyone seems to be picking up points. All we can do is keep going.

Looks like you have made a decent start. Hopefully you can push on and challenge for a playoff spot.

As I have mentioned. The league works rather weirdly so I am just taking it a game at a time and see where we ned up :0.

Good month, not far off play off's :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - February & March 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

February Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-6.png

February turned out to be a very solid month for us as we remained unbeaten and also kept four clean sheets whilst doing so. We kicked things off with a very solid win away to Verviers before two late goals at home to Diegem gave us a 2-0 win. The following game against Huy saw both sides have very good chances but neither could find the back of the net as we settled for a draw. We rounded things off with a 2-0 win at home to Bertrix.

March Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-3.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages-5.png

A rather frustrating month it must be said. We were poor away to Virton and despite holding firm for much of the game, but they found a route to goal in the final 10 minutes to grab a deserved win. A cracking game against Kelmis followed which saw us have to come from behind twice to grab a point. We had chances late on but failed to take them. The month rounded off with a 0-0 draw away to RJSHL when we probably should have won.

Nice to see you started doing Journeyman career on FM13 :cool: How are you going through the season so quick :eek:

Cheers dude :). The game runs so bloody quick on my laptop so I am flying through.

Can you make sense of the playoffs?

As far as I am aware, the season is played in three 'periods'. Who ever finishes top of that period makes the play-offs....I think. Then there are three teams each from the A & B League who contest the play-offs.

I have the final game of my season to play and three teams, including myself go into it level on the same points, with us third of those three teams. Whoever finishes top out of the three of us makes the play-offs.

As far as I am aware, the season is played in three 'periods'. Who ever finishes top of that period makes the play-offs....I think. Then there are three teams each from the A & B League who contest the play-offs.

I have the final game of my season to play and three teams, including myself go into it level on the same points, with us third of those three teams. Whoever finishes top out of the three of us makes the play-offs.

That's a strange way of doing things... good luck for the play off place

Not doing too badly,shame about the playoff system.Why couldn't they make the playoffs simple :lol:

Who would make such rules I dont know. It was probably Purefun that pesky Belgian.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - April & May 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

April Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-7.png

A pretty solid month to be honest. We started things with a very good draw away to high flying Woluwe which was very pleasing in the fact that we defended very well but also posed a threat to their defence. We followed this up with a very impressive 3-1 win over FCV Dender before rounding the month off with a frustrating draw away to Bocholt when we really could have done with a win.

May Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-4.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages.png

A very impressive end to the season. Its just a shame despite the two wins that we were not able to sneak into the play-offs. May began with a hard fought 1-0 win over a very good La Louviere side before we rounded off the season with a solid 2-0 win against Tienen.

Good luck with this mate... keeping an eye on it ..as i only recently found this place shamefully :(

Never had a career game before so I'm loading one up right now :D

Yeah that is rather shamefull!!!! Glad you have ventured over here. It would be nice to see you get a thread up.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2012/13 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 4th

An excellent first season in club management for me. Its just a massive shame that we missed out on the play-offs on goal difference. To many draws was our problem, but we were excellent all season to defy many odds. Our form in the second half of the season was much better than the first half and we battled all the way until the final whistle of the final game of the season.

Cofidis Cup

Competition Performance: Knocked out in 4th Round

To pretty impressive performance performance for us which started with a cracking 7-0 win at home in the 3rd Round. This resulted in a tie against higher level opposition and despite an excellent performance, it wasnt enough as we exited the competition.

Squad

I must say that I am rather impressed with this squad considering the clubs status. There are some very good players who I expect clubs to be chasing over the summer so keeping hold of them may prove difficult. I will be making changes to try and mount a promotion push however.

Transfers - Finances

Nothing of note in the transfer market.

The finances seem ok for a club at this level.

My Top 3 Players

Cedric Tuta - Our top goalscorer this season and led the line very well.

Selsuk Alageyik - He can play all over the pitch and was very reliable when ever he played. A massive part of my plans.

Hamza Mourchid - A very solid left winger and our only left hand sided midfielder we had all season. Very vital to my plans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13 | FC Bleid-Molenbeek | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 4th | - |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]What's Next?[/b][/size]

Unless I receive an offer from another club there is no need for me leave. I will continue to build my reputation here until I receive an offer I consider worthwhile. [/center]

Archived