There and Back Again. A Football Manager's tale by SRL88

SRL88

football-manager-2013-logo_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

there-and-back-again.jpg

Well I'm back, and pretty quickly too. I have bought FM13, and installed beta in the process, which will quickly turn into the full game. Following the success of my 2012 career I have had no hesitation to jump straight back into things.

After much thought and taking peoples ideas into consideration I have decided to go with a journeyman save once again. I thoroughly enjoyed my FM12 journeyman career and that was the main reason why I decided to down this route once again. I have no plans to set myself any targets this year as I did last year but I was unable to meet them all due to factors in my save, so I would rather just enjoy this save and make decisions which will be best for me throughout my career.

My FM13 Save

Leagues Loaded

---------------------------------------------------
| Nation         |     Lowest League Loaded       |
| Argentina      |     Second Division            |
| Belgium        |     Third Division             |
| Brazil         |     Second Division            |
| England        |     Blue Square N/S            |
| France         |     National                   |
| Germany        |     Third Division             |
| Holland        |     Jupiler League             |
| Ireland        |     First Division             |
| Italy          |     Serie C2                   |
| Portugal       |     Second Division            |
| Russia         |     First Division             |
| Scotland       |     Third Division             |
| Spain          |     Liga adelante              |
| Turkey         |     Second Division            | 
| Wales          |     Premier League             |

This also includes a large database and players of national reputation from Croatia & Ukraine, which totals 76,000 players.

I will be starting in July 2012, on the English start date.

Steven Longstaff

StevenLongstaff_OverviewInformation.png

StevenLongstaff_OverviewProfile.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm back in business, and here are my first job offers:

Athlone Town - Irish First Division - Currently sat 3rd in the league after 16 games, with 12 remaining

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox.png

Mirandela - Portuguese Second Division North

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3.png

Defensa y Justicia - Argentine Second Division

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-4.png

Kirklarelispor - Turkish Second Division - Seen this one before haven't we...

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-5.png

Cankirispor - Turkish Second Division

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-6.png

Blied-Molenbeek - Belgian Third Division B

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-7.png

Brechin Town - Scottish Second Division

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2.png

Kirklarelispor for old timers sake? :lol:

Or perhaps Argentina or Belgium. :)

Argentina.
Belgium.

Considered.

Best of luck.Very interested to see where you go first.

Cheers dude. Decision is coming up soon......

Kirklarelispor. :cool:

Trust me, the temptation is there :lol:

LogoDeStandaard.gif

FC Bleid-Molenbeek Appoint Rookie

29b0gsi.png

Belgian Third Division B side FC Bleid-Molenbeek have reached an agreement to appoint 33yo Englishman Steven Longstaff as their new Manager with immediate effect. Longstaff steps into his first Managerial post with no prior experience, with questions being raised in the Belgian media if he is up to the task. At a press conference yesterday, Longstaff said 'I understand that there are going to be questions raised about my ability to take on a Managerial task, but I have the utmost confidence in my ability to succeed and I will strive to do just that'. It was also noted during the press conference, that Longstaff had no knowledge of the club prior to being interviewed. 'Yes I can confirm that prior to being interviewed for this post and having a look around the club, I didnt actually have any idea who the club were, but that means nothing now. I aim to hit the ground running and helping this club become the best it possibly can'.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-1.png

Haven't seen anyone else taken them on yet, so it's good to see someone taking on a new challenge. Good luck fella, I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel to one of the greatest career threads!

I havent even heard of them :D. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in, and hope you enjoy the journey.

Belgium. Pluspoints.

Thought you would like it.

Best of luck in Belgium.I am expecting great things from you my friend :D

No pressure then :p.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Getting Started

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2-1.png

So I've taken a risk with this post. Based in the town of Virton, my first post is with amateur side FC Bleid-Molenbeek. I have a weekly salary of literally nothing. Not a penny for managing this club. I will be relying on my girlfriends wage here in Belgium until I earn enough respect from the board for them to actually offer me some money. Luckily, I have some nice savings for me to fall back on.

Name: FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Nickname: -

Founded: 1986

Stadium: Stade Jacques N'Doumbe (600 capacity)

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-8.png

Welcome to Bleid

Bleid-1_500x375.jpg

Cool start. I finished the last career of FM12 in Belgium and I quite liked it!

Thanks man. I've never managed in Belgium before.

You're a bit eager dude.................I haven't even finished my FM12 career yet! :D

Did you want us to start together? :D

Assessing What We've Got

RWDMBleid_ReportSquadDepth.png

My Assistant clearly thinks we have some class to work with in the squad. Obviously I cant judge to much, but here are the stand-out players in my eyes which I have available.

Clint Alliet

David Triantafillidis

Jean-Philippe Charlet

Joany Mununga

Nicola Hatefi

Seluk Alageyik

Sheriff Haidara

Now although there is clearly some talent here, which is an excellent thing for this level, all the players are on amateur contracts, so it could be interesting to see how things go on that aspect over the course of the season.

Charlet looks decent for playing for free!

What kind comp u got mate? Thats a huge save?

Every player at the club is on a amateur contract, so we arent paying any wages out at all.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2012/13 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Board Expectations:

Derde Klasse B: Safe Mid-Table Finish

Cofidis Cup: Learn from the Experience

My Expectations:

Derde Klasse B: I dont know the league, so as long as I meet the boards expectations I will be pleased

Cofidis Cup: See if we can take a few scalps

Budgets:

Transfer: £0

Wage: £3,000 (Currently spending £0)

Balance: £5,144

Good luck on the FM13 career, this is a nice choice of club to start given the Amateur status, looking to start that low too myself. I had a blast in Belgium in FM12, even if not on the lower leagues, can only recommend it as a fun nation to play in.

And Charlet looks brilliant!

Looking forward to following this. Charlet looks great, a real lower-league gem. Does he start off at the club, or was he brought in by the previous management at the start of the save?

This is his first season at the club so it was made by a previous manager, but he was already at the club at the start of the save, rather than being signed during it.

Good luck on the FM13 career, this is a nice choice of club to start given the Amateur status, looking to start that low too myself. I had a blast in Belgium in FM12, even if not on the lower leagues, can only recommend it as a fun nation to play in.

And Charlet looks brilliant!

Like I mentioned, I've never managed in Belgium so I am looking forward to it.

Nice to get in on the ground floor and begin to follow an SRL88 career from the beginning! Enjoy Belgium :thup:

Cheers dude :thup:.

Looking forward to keeping up (trying) with this. Should be another brilliant career. :)

I'm hoping it can be half as good as the last one.

Well, that didn't take long. Good thing too.

Cheers dude.

Never took SRL for a Sarah Records/C86 fan. :D

Don't be so silly. I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit which is where I got the title from.

Should be interesting down there.

I'm hoping so....

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2012/13 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Friendlies

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2.png

A very solid pre-season taking all into account. Above the red line were the games played before my arrival, and the ones after the red line are the games I was in charge of. For a team trying to settle into my system and the way I want to play I was delighted with how we played.

Transfers - In

Joris Luyten - Free - We really needed to strenghten at full-back as we only had one recognised left back, so I brought this guy in and he will slot straight into the team.

Looking good :thup:

Early days yet though.

you prob get askedthis all the time but what computer u running this on with such a huge database? what ram processor etc?

This is my laptop and it runs just fine. The game speed is only rated at half a star but its flying through so far.

Archived