FMC Wishlist Thread #1

I posted this in the last patch feedback thread but don't think it was picked up.

The game starts date need to be changeable as they are in the full version of FM.

Since the update start dates for some nations require changing. Brazil in the full FM version has a choice of two start dates: Jan 2012 or Dec 2012.

In FMC only Jan 2012 is selectable though with the new data update up to Jan 2013. It would make sense to change the start date to Dec 2012. The same applies to Colombia and most likely, other leagues which also have multiple start dates.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here my suggestions:

1- Choice of leagues needs to be more then 3, but also more choices as some countries I only interested on the top league and not the rest of the leagues

2- Ability to use the editor and league editor with FMC. The league editor because I like to add b teams (like in spain and Portugal) then the reserve teams in one league like English leagues.

3- Training, add the ability to retraining a players position.

4- Ability to choose the affiliated clubs.

I don't mind the overall training , but would like the ability to retrain a player in a certain position, OR, if the current system is retained, the ability to ensure that the player plays for the reserves in the position I want him to learn.

Would also like more leagues to be able to be selectedOther things that spring to mind:

A dedicated youth team as well as reserves

The ability to ensure that DoF always includes recall clauses in loans out

• 4 weeks later...

I've done some copy+paste to make my own wishlist:

1. The most important one: Ability to use the editor with FMC!

2. Team talks: I don't miss them in general. But I do miss being able to give the occasional "hairdryer". An option would be nice!

3. Option to turn off the first transfer window.

All in all I think FMC is a good start. I gave the full version a go, but didn't finish my first day in charge. Too much talk! Still, I miss having the option of commenting on a rival manager. Or trying to unsettle one of my transfer targets by praising him in the media.. Therefore, my final wish is:

4. Options (on/off) to manage our-self (such as training, manage team talk, handle media, player interaction, etc)..

4. Options (on/off) to manage our-self (such as training, manage team talk, handle media, player interaction, etc)..

I'm almost certainly oversimplifying things, but #4 on the list is the ideal scenario: if as we are led to believe the various parts of FM are programme modules, logically it would make sense that it should be possible to isolate them and turn them on/off as options. That way everyone can play as they want.

I've only just started playing FM 13, the last one I bought was 11, and the one before that was probably a decade ago when I would sink weeks of my life into the game.

The reason I am playing FMC is because it reminds me more of what I used to play a decade ago, a simpler time to be sure. I don't want to see team talks, or more in depth training, but I would like a little more control over the scouting. The contracts can all be dealt with by someone else, but I'd like to be able to hire a few more and tell them where I want them all to go looking.

I don't know when it was introduced, but the info from the assman during the game (xyz is getting skinned, we should try more direct passing) is nice and useful, and it would be nice to be able to either preload shouts or have them as part of a tactic.

I'm still figuring out how to play the game again and maybe I'll try a full FM save eventually as time isn;t so much of a problem for me as the added complexity is.

Here my suggestions:

1- Choice of leagues needs to be more then 3, but also more choices as some countries I only interested on the top league and not the rest of the leagues

Another vote for this. The only improvement that really "needs" to be made, in my opinion, although some other ancillary stuff like somewhat more detailed finances or being allowed input on affiliate clubs would be fine too.

1. let players Train on positions, so that they become multifunctional and that you dont have to buy players to fit into that position

2. make the instant result simulation so that it selects the players, you have selected (instead of the assistent having their own view of things)

As long as there are no more team talks then I'm happy with it as it is.

Improvements wide - it's been said by many but a little more in terms of playable leagues and the option to select only certain divisions within said leagues. Also, access to the editor would be great

• Administrators
1. let players Train on positions, so that they become multifunctional and that you dont have to buy players to fit into that position

2. make the instant result simulation so that it selects the players, you have selected (instead of the assistent having their own view of things)

This is already the case, it's only different if you set up a Match Plan that allows Assistant to Pick Team.

Firstly the fact there is FMC is the first huge huge improvment to FM so :applause:.

As for the game yes as most say I think to choose more nations and say particular leagues in that nation should be an option.

I mean even if you just choose England why you have to have blue square when surely say prem/championship and then add say la liga would be better.

Also I like the challenges idea, given you something really "factual" to aim for so I guess having a few more of them would be good.

I mean have the "fergie" challenge, survive 27 years at utd winning the league in at least half those seasons, theres one for the long haul people here.

As for my number 1 thing, that's having trophy graphics/cabinet, always wanted picture of trophy to come up after winning it, I mean just would mean so so much more to say winning the fa cup,prem or Cl with that in the background etc. Then x years down the line you can look in cabinet and see all your winnings.

I'd be very upset if FMC2014 had team talks in it. The reason people are suggesting team talks is that when you go on a run of defeats you can't motivate your team to win like in the full game. Perhaps the solution is to stop these random dips in form? If my players, training and tactics are better than the opposition then I should win. Form shouldn't come into it because I can't affect that in FMC because there are no team talks. The full game can include form as normal, because form is something that the player can actually have an effect on (via team talks). If that makes sense?

Basically, people are suggesting that team talks are the answer to the problem that was caused when team talks were removed in the first place, and then forgetting why they were actually removed in the first place :confused:

I would only like to have team talks entre the FMC if they are simple version of what they are now, meaning like it was before tones were implemented to team talks.

FMC is simple and fast version and if team talks are added to this, should be also simple and fast.

I don't think that there should be team talks in FMC, because it would slow the fast pace of the FMC game down. If things would be implementet in FMC14, I think it should be things that you could choose to use if you wanted but didn't force you to have to make moore timeconsuming choices.

One thing that I would like to see in the new game is an improved way to analyse your tactic.

• 2 weeks later...

Some form of Player Interaction is a must, whether people hate the fact or not its an important tool to managing players. "Play the full version then!" Uh, no. If I enjoyed the full version so much I wouldn't be playing FMC would I?

Like any other addition to FMC it MUST be basic, simple and most importantly either optional, easily hidden and or ignored without penalty to the player.

Basic team talks would be nice, but unless it has to be selected as an option at the start of the game it would probably be too intrusive. Though it could just be a HT or HT + FT talk with only a few to choose from and can be skipped (No Ass. Man TT) or use NONE (selected as default) without penalty.

An option to praise/tell off the team or a player between games somewhere in the menus I don't think would harm anyone and unless you chose to use it then it wouldn't have any effect on your game.

A Goal or an end game for FMC could be to be a pick and mix of features from the full game so you can have the FM experience exactly how you want it. But it would be important for FMC as it is to be the BASE, be unchanging besides minor fixes/non-feature additions and to be easily selected/started up.

A little button at the bottom when setting up a FMC game that you could click to bring up a check list like the editor files one and then select features would be perfect.

No idea how difficult that would be implemented though.

I think FM will eventually evolve to be customisable (deleting features you don't want)

In FM14 FMC I would like to be able to focus on a particular area in training. Lots of times I've passed on a top class centre back simply because his pace/acceleration is too low. On the full version you could focus on this area and get it up a couple of attribute points.

And the ability to play with top division leagues only (eg removing Blue Square North etc.) simply to speed the game up.

Other than that FMC is the dog's balls! Great work SI. First FM I have bought and played since 2008

I tried FMC and didn't stick with it. Actually I even went back to FM12, but that's another story. Will give FM14 a go nevertheless, unless it goes down the Sim City way in one extent or another.

I would need more than 3 playable nations to play FMC and an editor that allows for some basic changes at least.

Also the lack in the scouting area turned me off.

Stop situations like this happening almost constantly:

Rangers: Shots 26, On target 12, Goas 1

Ross County: Shots 7, On Target 2, Goals 2

Its unbelievable how regularly this happens. Its the reason i waited til recently to buy the game... refused to spend full price at launch for what i expected was going to be a repeat of the past 5 FM titles. The amount of 8.5 - 9.5 performances defenders and goalkeepers put in is pathetic. I have played 3 seasons in a row - last season i had a run of 27 games straight where the opposition scored with their very first shot on goal, irrespective of what team they were (from Huntley to Celtic)... Sort it out lads, seriously. Unless of course you are suggesting that Scottish footballs lower leagues is where all the best Goalkeepers and defenders in the world are playing?

Disgruntled player.

I'm really looking forward to FMC 14, a good debut this season but some things could be improved:

• more leagues, or better, some options to have a larger, custom database, 40.000 players would be great

• don't add team talks or other media crap, they're just repetitive

• revamp the training area, it's too streamlined, I'd like to have a chance to retrain a player in a new position for example or focus on an attribute

• scouting system, more options are needed and I personally don't like "fog of war"

On a different note, even if I can understand the presence of the "arcade" element (unlockables etc..), I'd try to limit it, after all this is a football simulation.

Keep up the good work, I'm still convinced this could be the future of the game, It can really bring back the original fun.;)

For me, the classic mode is great, it's a reason to buy the game. In general, I would say keep it simple, the focus lies on tactics and player attributes.

My suggestions:

-being able to choose more leagues and choosing the top leagues only if I want

-manage national teams from the start

-choosing the ppm's that players train

-U18 leagues are not necessary for me, but maybe U18 teams where youngsters will develop in the same way as if they would play in an u18 league.

-No teamtalks!

-The analysis tab at matches, like the full FM.

-Opposition instructions

• 4 weeks later...

FMC is the best FM game I've played since CM 97/98; it's addictive, straightforward, and I went 20 seasons before my save game got corrupted :(

The only request I have is to add in the ability to include dbc files etc. Just to be able to edit the game would make it near enough flawless!

My requests are two:

- ability the choose of which affilitated clubs i want. I at least would be happy if it was like FM07, give 5 choice of clubs, to choose none or one club. But I also be happy if is expanded.

- editor, including the normal and the league editor.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been said before, but I just can't stress enough how important I find the analysis tab in the match view to be. It's really hard to evaluate and improve your tactics without it, and I like to think of FMC as a mostly tactics & transfers mode, none of that media/staff/training rubbish.

The only request I have is to add in the ability to include dbc files etc. Just to be able to edit the game would make it near enough flawless!

They probably won't make it editable because if they make FMC flawless then you don't have a reason to buy FM year after year.

After all SI cannot come up with new additions to FMC every year like they do with the main game as they would be cluttering not streamlining the gameplay. They only way they can get you purchasing FM for FMC each year is to make you buy it for the updated squads/leagues etc.

Would definitely like to see improving scouting as I'd much prefer to be able to focus them on a particular country or region as opposed to having my scout nomadically scouting the world almost.

Having flitted between FMC and standard, I've found myself going back to standard with the AssMan looking after training, team talks and press mattersAlthoug I loved the speed of FMC, the reason I've gone away from it is that I found I literally had no idea what was going on in the FM universe: there were actually too few updatesI love the news headlines on Standard while the game processes, and get more from that than I do from the newscreens in FMC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I would like to second the ability to train new positions in classic. It's probably the one thing thats keeping me from Classic it as someone who likes wingers playing as AMR and sometimes uses strikers there too.

This is already possible, just play them in that position and they will learn it

This is already possible, just play them in that position and they will learn it

I need to mention this; throughout the various feedback threads in the FMC section the issue of re-training come up again and again, and each time the default response seems to be that if you play the player in a new position then he'll learn it. That may be true, but it doesn't compensate for individual training in the slightest. So many people play the game in a way where they develop young players in their reserves, and have a conveyor belt of players coming through into the first team. How do I re-train a teenager to a new position that his stats are more suited for, for example? I can't play these players because they're not at the required standard for the first team yet. Similarly, I don't want to have to play a player to make him change position. I want to train him to be able to play there, then introduce him into the team. Why put your results at risk while he learns? IRL players would be trained in training sessions regarding something like that, before they're put into the side.

I think (maybe im wrong) that when a lot of people are bringing up the issue of position training, there's more to it than simply "play them in the position and its all fine".

Hopefully this will be tweaked for FM14, but I do understand that its a slightly time consuming activity for what is meant to be a streamlined mode. Saying that, if you dont want to do individual training you can just ignore it, so maybe it warrants inclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Really loving FMC, and can't wait for FM14's version.

My vote is against team talks. I understand why people want them, but it seems like a slippery slope that'll just slow things down.

My two feature requests (probably waaay too late at this point):

1. On the player overview screen, it would be cool to have an option (like full fat) to highlight attributes for particular roles/duties. As it is now I have to use the comparison tool to remind myself what I'm looking for (or just trust my assman's opinion). Also, I like the numbers in boxes setup, to be honest, for attributes.

2. Last time I played full fat (FM12), the assman would ask me, prior to any reserves match, who from the first team could participate. Something like that would be nice, as it gives me a little more control than the Squad option to "make available for reserves until...."

• Administrators

It's never too late :) Though it is for FM14, but that doesn't mean that features can't go forward as suggestions from here if they are appropriate.

Really loving FMC, and can't wait for FM14's version.My vote is against team talks. I understand why people want them, but it seems like a slippery slope that'll just slow things down.My two feature requests (probably waaay too late at this point):1. On the player overview screen, it would be cool to have an option (like full fat) to highlight attributes for particular roles/duties. As it is now I have to use the comparison tool to remind myself what I'm looking for (or just trust my assman's opinion). Also, I like the numbers in boxes setup, to be honest, for attributes.2. Last time I played full fat (FM12), the assman would ask me, prior to any reserves match, who from the first team could participate. Something like that would be nice, as it gives me a little more control than the Squad option to "make available for reserves until...."
Agree completely with #2, would be hugely beneficial. And another vote against team talks

• 1 month later...
I'd play FMC if there was a pre-game editor that allowed me to add some created leagues to the game, any chance of this in a future version would be great.

I think it would need a very limited pre game editor, or some kind of filter for current dbc files.

I know nothing about this sort of thing but I wonder if there could be some sort of program to convert the full FM game xml's and dbc's for use with FMC. A simple editor or filter would be good, I like playing in obscure places and that's not an option in FMC at the moment.

1. As others have said, a pre-game editor to at least activate new leagues (with players and perhaps finances removed if worries about conflicts with paid unlockables)

2. Ability to request youth facilities upgrade in addition to training facilities

I'm REALLY enjoying FMC and I think FMC14 is a big improvement on FMC13. As many other people have said, this is the most fun I've had playing FM for years. I found the full-fat FM too much like a full-time job in FM13.

My wishlist would consist of very simple things:

1. I prefer the full-fat skin, so I'd like to be able to play in that.

2. More scouts/coaches. Perhaps just the basic coaching roles - fitness, keeper, youth and a couple of general coaches for the defensive/attacking aspects. No need to change training itself, I'd just like to feel as though I had more influence on the development of my players through the quality of the coaching.

3. This probably applies to the full FM too, but I'd like my Assistant /Director of Football to be more savvy when offloading players. If I say "sell for any value", I'd like him to negotiate the highest fee he can get, rather than either suggesting a 50% discount or letting them go on a free. Even if it means getting £1.2m for a £5.25m player, it would be better than nothing.

Keep up the good work SI!

I must say it again, despite me really liking the mode, i strongly advocate the inclusion of customisation. I can understand the reasoning and incentive from the developer/publishers side to have the store funcionality and allways the possibility to say: well, you can allways use the full fat version. However, this mode is predestined to support a longer game, in my case bringing up a country/league, that is only possible though if some settings are adjusted in the editor. So basically my wish for fmc is to be a slim(er) and faster fm without any other restrictions.

Archived