Sports Interactive Community
AK22

My Greatest Challenge: Knocking Fergie Right Off His ****ing Perch. And You Can Print That

Great stuff with Dortmund, been looking forward to seeing you moving onto a new challenge, hope it's a good one mate

Just spent ages reading through this, very inspiring stuff, as this is exactly the sort of thing I enjoy doing with my games. Starting from the bottom, unemployed, sunday league rep, and building up my career. It's far more realistic playing a journeyman type game for me, than it is sticking with one club through 30+ years, unless circumstances say otherwise.

Can't wait to see where you end up! My two predictions are either taking the plunge into International management, or perhaps finally having a go in the Premier League! :)

Just spent ages reading through this, very inspiring stuff, as this is exactly the sort of thing I enjoy doing with my games. Starting from the bottom, unemployed, sunday league rep, and building up my career. It's far more realistic playing a journeyman type game for me, than it is sticking with one club through 30+ years, unless circumstances say otherwise.

Can't wait to see where you end up! My two predictions are either taking the plunge into International management, or perhaps finally having a go in the Premier League! :)

Dario Gradi at Crewe, Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, Guy Roux at Auxerre. Clearly managers don't stay in one place for long eh...

Some people stay at one place for a long time. Some people choose to do this in their saves and it's not unrealistic at all.

Just like everyone else, I have just read through this over last night and today. Cracking read and well done for the persistance!

329.png

Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras

Unsurprisingly, after my success with Dortmund, I was in demand, with several clubs trying to tempt me to join their books. Amongst these, Porto, Fenerbahçe, Benfica and Barcelona all took my eye, although it could be argued that none of these would provide too much of a challenge, so, with that reasoning, I held out until December when Palmeiras came calling. After a bit of negotiating, I've signed on for three seasons, with the aim of making the club competitive in the Brasileirao once again (after finishing 14th in the season just completed, missing relegation by three points). First, though, I need to ensure the club enjoys it's 125 year anniversary.

a4a5e591-7225-4284-bc18-cff4fc6ba57e.jpg

Based in São Paulo, historically, this is one of Brazil's most popular and successful clubs, with a reported 17 million supporters, many of which of Brazilian/Italian ancestry. The club was formed in 1914, originally called Palestra Italia, by four Italian men who wanted a club to represent the Italian community in São Paulo. They originally decided on the playing colours of red, white and green (those of the Italian flag), before making the switch the all-green outfits a few years later. The stature of the club started to grow over the coming decades, winning the State Championship three times during the 1920's, establishing themselves as major rivals to Corinthians. A name change occurred in the 1942, when the government banned organisations using any reference to the Axis Powers of World War II, eventually leading to club being referred to as Palmeiras. Several more State Championships followed, before Palmeiras won their first Brazilian league title in 1960, which they followed the next year with a final appearance in South America's premier continental competition (now the Copa Libertadores).

a89421f6-01c1-421c-9b3e-cf1da7e97813.jpg

Recently, the club has still managed to achieve relatively success, racking up the occasional victory in the State Championship, as well as lifting the Copa Kia da Brasil in 1998 and 2012. However, since 1994 (when they last won it), the club's fortunes in the Brasileirao has been mixed at best, with them yo-yo-ing inconsistently around the standings, and actually spending the 2016 season in the second tier. They did finish 2nd in 2037, however, only three seasons ago, so there's the potential for this club to still be competitive near the top of the table if it can get it's act together.

palmeirasarena_front.jpg

Club Overview | General Club Information | Facilities | Club Background | Finances

We'll quite well set up here, with the club playing at a fairly modern 45000 all-seater stadium, with good levels of training and youth facilities, so there's little that needs improvement. Of course, with this being Brazil, I'm expecting quite a few decent youngsters to come through the ranks, so I'll be looking forward to the youth intakes to see if we can uncover a gem or two.

Fantastic way to sign off your lengthly spell at Dortmund, i bet the board really are glad they didn't sack you a few months in now ;) Splendid job over the 9 years you spent there, i'm looking forward to seeing where you head next!
Can't wait for your next appointment.
Cracking end to your chapter at Dortmund :thup: Gladbach were obviously a nuisance but on the whole your 9 years there have been brilliant and to overcome the hurdle they presented for the last 2 years of your time must give you a sense of achievement.

Looking forward to your next move.

Great way to end your reign at Dortmund. Onto the next challenge :thup:

Thanks all. Dortmund was a great experience, but it's definitely the right time to move on.

Some season and some spell at Dortmund. Might halt your Hall of Fame progress for a bit though.

Definitely. I'm not expecting to be winning straight away with Palmeiras- it's likely to take a couple of seasons to make us competitive.

Been a great ride at Dortmund.

It sure has :)

Congratulations sir would be nice if you could take a team and break the dominant teams in a league.

Corinthians are the most consistent team in Brazil, near enough finishing in the top three every season. However, over the past decade, Goiás, International, Grémio have all lifted the title, with Atlético Mineiro being the defending champions, so it seems to be quite open.

Great stuff with Dortmund, been looking forward to seeing you moving onto a new challenge, hope it's a good one mate

Should be good. If I can get a decent squad assembled, I reckon we'll be amongst the contenders. Would like to bring through a few youngsters too.

Massive results with Dortmund. Good luck with your next club.

Surprisingly, I didn't get any Premier League offers. It's on my list of places to go, as we're nearly 30 years into the save now, and I haven't managed in my home country yet.

I'm in two minds about international management, as it does tend to be quite boring on it's own. That said, I would consider it if the national job came up in the same country as the club I was managing, and the circumstances were right.

Yeah, would love it if you went to the Premier League!

Maybe after Brazil. I'm definitely up for some Premier League action soon.

Dario Gradi at Crewe, Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, Guy Roux at Auxerre. Clearly managers don't stay in one place for long eh...

Some people stay at one place for a long time. Some people choose to do this in their saves and it's not unrealistic at all.

I'm considering a one-club save for FM14. I do prefer journeyman careers, though, as when I get bored I can move on, but it's certainly something I'm considering.

Just like everyone else, I have just read through this over last night and today. Cracking read and well done for the persistance!

Thanks SSC!

Gonna be fun :thup:.

I hope so! South America is a bit nuts at times :D

Brazil seems to be really popular this year :D Interesting that you say Palmeiras have struggled and even went down in your save, the same is happening in my save, though they went down a bit earlier in mine. Good luck :thup:

Great stuff at Dortmund...now the fun and games start in Brazil! :D I just hope your stint with Palmeiras goes better than your last stay in South America ;):D

I was 'slightly' off with my prediction of the Premiership or International management then. :D Good luck with Palmeiras, going to be an interesting challenge to say the least!

A very interesting career shift AK, I'm sure your success will continue :thup:

Should be exciting. i hope that the tv deals don't spoil you finances and you have to balance it by selling good players.

329.png

Palmeiras - Paulistão State Championship 2040

There's not really an 'off-season' in Brasil, with only a handful of weeks between the end of one year and the start of the next, so there was only time for just three friendly matches before we kicked off our campaign in the São Paulo State Championship. Due to this, I was somewhat thrown into the deep end, without a lot of time to work out my strongest starting eleven, let alone identify any potential transfer targets.

My initial assessment suggested the squad wasn't too bad, and despite their lowly league finish last season, we should be looking towards the top six of the Brasileirão once that competition got under way. In particular, centre-back John Manios, striker Francisco Echavarría and holding midfielder Martín Arzubialde all look excellent players capable of doing extremely well at this level. Unfortunately, all three of these are classed as 'foreign', due to them being non-Brazilian nationals, which is a problem due to the competition rules which only allow a maximum of three foreign players in the match day squad.

I've also had the opportunity to have a quick look at the youngsters loitering in the under-20's squad. Disappointingly, there's not an abundance of potential stars in the ranks, although I am excited at the prospect of Carlos César developing over the coming years; he's definitely the pick of an abject bunch.

cbe3d49f-a70d-45fa-87a8-f844c741fb4d.jpg

5d3686b3-32f4-4f33-9b04-2a4212ee0474.jpg

As the competitive fixtures got underway, I was still in the process of completing my transfer business, trying to make the most of the £23.57m budget the Board had offered. Winger Diego Franco, right-back Martín Romero, and two attacking midfielders, Braian Garay and Carlos Roberto, were the big signings, and all should offer something extra to the first team squad. Again, three of these are classed as foreign, so, at times, it will prove difficult to determine what our best eleven is. That said, we're likely to play at least 60 games over the course of the year, so I'll need to continuously rotate the squad, which will ensure they all get ample playing time.

All-in-all, I'm fairly content at how the State Championship went. It may well be a bit of a 'Mickey Mouse Competition', due to the excessive amount of non-league sides that pose no threat at all, but there's still a handful of games against reputable teams that need to be taken seriously. In the league stage, we only lost twice, away to Portuguesa and Guarani, putting in decent shows against Corinthians and São Paulo, and only conceded the ten goals, so there's definitely some positives to take away from that. However, it is apparent that we're not scoring enough goals, especially against the weaker teams, so I may well need to tinker with the narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation I've started with in order to make the most of our attacking options.

00317fa4-827a-43ac-a475-2bc2c256c349.jpg

Next Time

With us exiting the State Championship in the Quarter Final, we've got a few weeks off before our next competitive fixture in the middle of May (in the Copa do Brasil). The following weekend, we then kick off our league campaign at home to Flamengo; this will be the first major test of our mettle.

I love the look of your stadium. Good luck.

It's shiny, isn't it?! :D

Brazil is always an interesting challenge, but i'm sure you'll cope with it well, best of luck :thup:

I've got a fairly large squad, of about 30 players, so I hope that's enough to cope with the inevitable fixture pile up.

Brazil seems to be really popular this year :D Interesting that you say Palmeiras have struggled and even went down in your save, the same is happening in my save, though they went down a bit earlier in mine. Good luck :thup:

Thanks Dexter :)

Great stuff at Dortmund...now the fun and games start in Brazil! :D I just hope your stint with Palmeiras goes better than your last stay in South America ;):D

So do I! I certainly don't want another experience similar to Tigres, anyway!

I was 'slightly' off with my prediction of the Premiership or International management then. :D Good luck with Palmeiras, going to be an interesting challenge to say the least!

Brazil/England - they're not that far apart ;)

A very interesting career shift AK, I'm sure your success will continue :thup:

It's going to a lot different from Germany anyway; we'll be playing almost double the amount of games!

Should be exciting. i hope that the tv deals don't spoil you finances and you have to balance it by selling good players.

We're getting £44m per season for the TV deal, so I reckon we'll be fine. We're paying back £167k per month on a state loan, but I don't think that will have too much of a detrimental effect.

Definitely a big move. The schedule in South American leagues is always a challenge.

Been enjoying making my way through your career over the past few weeks. I'm caught up with a little over half of it but now it seems your Photobucket bandwidth has been exceeded! :eek:

sTcjWWS.png

Palmeiras - May, June and July 2040

After a few 'technical difficulties', I'm back with an update! The Brasileirão started well for us, with four wins from our first five fixtures, including encouraging results against the likes of Flamengo and Cruzeiro; these are the type of teams we'll need to be competitive against if we're to finish inside the top six. However, more recently, despite the positive start, we've slipped into a horrible run of 1-1 draws, with wins coming very infrequently. Of course, we're not being beaten much either, but we need to find a way of scoring the additional goals to turn the copious amounts of draws into victories.

A few more new signings have joined the squad, all of which of Brazilian nationality. I felt we could do with a couple more new faces, in particular upfront, so youngster Heraldo[/url] and experienced loanee Régis Alexandre join the ranks, in addition to centre-back Magrão.

MAGHumC.png?1

Our rivals across the city have set the early pace, opening up an eight point gap at the top of the table. They're quite easily the most prolific team in the league, and it's their eye for finding the net that is making a vital difference. I'm fairly content on where we're sitting; I'm aiming for a top six finish, so we're well in striking distance for that. That said, the table is quite tightly packed, so if any team could string a good run together, they could make significant movement up the table.

The games come thick and fast over the next couple of months, with no such thing as a mid-season break in Brazil! We've got a tough Copa Sudamericana qualifier against Corinthians; win and we'll make it in to the group stages, but I'd consider this unlikely. Also, amongst our league fixtures, we've got our Copa do Brasil Fourth Round ties against Flamengo; once again, another difficult couple of games, which are likely to signal the end of our run in the competition.

I hope You knockout Fergie, You deserve it :applause:
nice going
Great place to go to.

Thanks all :)

Cracking new stadium.

It looks pretty good. Not that we fill it that often though :(

Definitely a big move. The schedule in South American leagues is always a challenge.

Yes, I'm finding that out first hand at the moment; playing every Wednesday/Saturday is taking it's toll on the squad's fitness #rotation.

Been enjoying making my way through your career over the past few weeks. I'm caught up with a little over half of it but now it seems your Photobucket bandwidth has been exceeded! :eek:

Yes, sorry about that. My account resets in nine days time, so the images should come back then. Nothing like a few technical difficulties :D

yeah you've got some photo bucket problems AK :(

Indeed, I have! :D A switch to imgur has allowed me to keep posting for now.

sTcjWWS.png

Palmeiras - August and September 2040

So, the draws continued for another week or so before we broke the curse with back-to-back victories over América (MG) and Santa Cruz, pushing us up the table. A small blip followed, which included our exits from both cup competitions, leaving us with just the league to focus on for the rest of the season. Since then, we've recovered well, racking up five consecutive wins, with striker Rodrigo firing in goals for fun; long may it continue!

The youth intake has been made, with Gum and Marcelo being the pick of the bunch. I think Gum will turn out to be great!

O2lO6DL.png?1

9O9Irbr.png?1

Title contenders? I suppose we are now. São Paulo have totally disintegrated, having won just three of their last eleven games, which has now thrown the league wide open. Our recent run has not done us any harm, as we're now up to second, and just a point behind Flamengo, so it's safe to say we're definitely in the mix.

yKfguso.png?1

Next Time

Whether we've got the quality in the team to sustain a title challenge, I'm not overly convinced, but by having no cup competitions to worry about will ensure we can fully focus on pushing the likes of Flamengo and Corinthians as much as possible. We'll play the latter in the run-in too; that could be pivotal.

Doing very well with Palmeiras so far,hopefully you can finish among the top spots.

Gum - that's one heck of a name - should be plenty of opportunities for some good puns there. He sticks to the opposition striker like............

sTcjWWS.png

Palmeiras - October, November & December 2040

A real mixed bag through the closing months of the season, including a baron spell of five games without victory; beating teams such as Corinthians is always a tough ask, but we shouldn't be dropping too many points against sides languishing in the bottom half of the table. Ultimately, it was this poor run that saw us throw away an excellent opportunity to lift the Brasileirão title; we did recover well after the Corinthians game, but the damage had been done by then, although we still had a shout going into the final game.

IXnhjTu.png?1

I think I'd be slightly embarrassed to win the title having only amassed 69 points in a 38 game season, as it tends to suggest that a lack of skill prevailed over any kind of dominance or quality; either that, or several teams are very equally balanced. The top four were only separated by a point, which seems to suggest an extremely competitive division, but I still feel that this a league lacking the flamboyance you would normally associate with Brazil; I'm certainly expecting the Champions to score more than 39 goals, anyway!

D4b1OSv.png?1

sTcjWWS.png

Palmeiras - End of Season 2040

All told, it's been a pleasing début season in Brazil, one that has exceeded both mine and the Board's expectations. I certainly didn't expect to be challenging for the league title come the final game of the campaign, so this gives me encouragement that we could be in contention again next year if we can continue to progress.

H40K5n2.png?1

Due to our top four finish, they'll be Copa Libertadores football at the club once again, which gives us the chance to compete against South America's elite teams. I don't think we'll be amongst the favourites, but I certainly don't see us as a make-weight side either.

Brasileirão - 3rd

Paulistão - Quarter Final

Copa do Brasil - 4th Round

Finances | Transfer Summary

Top Goalscorer - Francisco Echavarría (33 goals)

Most Assists - Rodrigo/Caçapa (17 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Douglas Wellington (7.47)

Fans Player of the Year - Francisco Echavarría

Yg0bvf3.png?2

The narrow formation has paid off quite well this year, with both full-backs capable of pushing on down the line and creating some width. In fact, between them, they've contributed 29 assists, so their raids forward have proved extremely fruitful. Over the course of the summer, I'll be looking to devise a 'Plan B', where I hope the introduce some wingers into the mix, as most Brazilian sides play with either the narrow diamond or the box in the midfield, so we'll be able to double up on their full-backs.

UMuRT5S.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

No trophies this season, so the top four needn't worry for now:

YXZeNnL.png?1

I'll also need to keep one eye over my shoulder on the chasing pack.

KCaAItW.jpg?1

KBO7Vtr.jpg?1

Season     Team              League                     Finish    Cups                             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    4th       Cupen 1st Round
2014       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    2nd       Cupen 2nd Round
2014/15    Taranto FC 1927   2nd Divisione Girone A     4th       N/A
2015/16    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     6th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro SF
2016/17    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     4th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro 2nd Round
2017/18    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     N/A*      * Resigned 14/12/17
          Tigre             Primera B Nacional         11th      Sacked 26/05/18
2018/19    S. Urfaspor       1. Lig                     1st       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2019/20    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  8th       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2020/21    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  N/A*      * Resigned 12/01/21
          Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup SF
2021/22    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish FA Cup Winner, Scottish League Cup QF
2022/23    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup QF
2023/24    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup 4R, CL 1st KO
2024       Toronto           MLS                        8th       N/A
2025       Toronto           MLS                        N/A       * Resigned 16/03/25
2024/25    Betis             La Liga                    11th      N/A
2025/26    Betis             La Liga                    4th       Copa del Rey 4th Round
2026/27    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League Last 16, Copa del Rey 5th Round
2027/28    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Europa League Winner, Copa del Rey Winner
2028/29    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League QF, Copa del Rey QF
2029/30    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League SF, Copa del Rey SF
2030/31    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 7th       N/A
2031/32    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal 2nd Round
2032/33    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner
2033/34    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner, CWC Winner, German SC
2034/35    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League 1st KO, DFB Pokal Winner, Euro SC, German SC
2035/36    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2036/37    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal Winner, Europa League Runner-Up, CWC Winner, Euro SC
2037/38    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2038/39    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 3rd Rd, CWC Winner
2040       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                3rd       Paulistão Quarter Final, Copa do Brasil 4th Round

Doing very well with Palmeiras so far,hopefully you can finish among the top spots.
keep it up
Looked like a poor start, but you seem to be getting it together.
Seems like a big improvement recently, hopefully you'll keep it up :thup: Not happy seeing Santa Cruz struggle though :(

Overall it was great to finish third, but we're really inconsistent and can fall into slumps quite easily. If we can rectify this, we'll be in with a good chance of silverware next season.

Gum is quite a gem.
Gum - that's one heck of a name - should be plenty of opportunities for some good puns there. He sticks to the opposition striker like............
I've got a Brazilian called Gum on loan in my game.

He's a brilliant prospect, and may get moved up to the first team squad next season; playing the odd game at the higher level (particularly the State Championship) will really help his development.

4 sides within a point of each other is really close. Looking at a lot of your results it was the games against lower table sides that cost you. In my Santa Cruz save I have noticed Santos are often bottom half on this FM and it seems to be the same on your save which is odd given the name and facilities. Anyway, you've proved you're not a million miles away from the title, a few good signings and swap those draws to wins and you should hammer it next year.

Just caught up with this thread.

The last time I read this you were taranto. So a lot has gone past whilst I have been away.

Its truly brilliant mate. I think I most enjoyed your time in Spain. I am loving you in Brazil good luck with the rest of your challenge. I will try to stay more updated with it.

Shame that Corinthians didn't won the Title...

I've been reading this story but... i want you to leave Palmeiras, to cheer you again! :p

Cheers,

Bitner

Quite a few changes since I last stepped in to take a look!

sTcjWWS.png

Palmeiras - Pre-Season 2041

There's not much time for pre-season friendlies, but the three we contested all went pretty well. In particular, the victory over Vélez suggests we've got the players available capable of competing with the other major South American clubs. We're expected to do well this season, with Copa Libertadores qualification the order of the day from the board. In addition to this, we'll need to get to the knockout stages of the continental competitions if we're to keep everyone happy.

gmY6huJ.png?1

There's been time for a few early signings, although none of them are likely to hold down regular starting eleven places. That said, I'm satisfied with the business we've done, with two promising youngsters joining the ranks who will get their time in the first team during the State Championship.

3Xzk3J3.png?1

Christian Ortega - A brilliant young Uruguayan who has bags of potential.

Luciano Francisco - Brazilian right back, who will help with out with the squad depth.

Cacau - Highly rated by the scouts, I snapped this promising striker up. Ticking most of the 'poacher' boxes already.

4 sides within a point of each other is really close. Looking at a lot of your results it was the games against lower table sides that cost you. In my Santa Cruz save I have noticed Santos are often bottom half on this FM and it seems to be the same on your save which is odd given the name and facilities. Anyway, you've proved you're not a million miles away from the title, a few good signings and swap those draws to wins and you should hammer it next year.

Yeah, Santos had quite a shocker, and only just missed out on relegation on the final day; I'm sure they'll recover and move up the table this season.

So close. Guess winners play counter attacking football and they have a good defense to do it.

Resolute is the word I would to describe Flamengo; very difficult to break down, and clinical going forward too.

Just caught up with this thread.

The last time I read this you were taranto. So a lot has gone past whilst I have been away.

Its truly brilliant mate. I think I most enjoyed your time in Spain. I am loving you in Brazil good luck with the rest of your challenge. I will try to stay more updated with it.

Welcome back, ashton! And thanks!

Shame that Corinthians didn't won the Title...

I've been reading this story but... i want you to leave Palmeiras, to cheer you again! :p

Cheers,

Bitner

Haha, fierce rivalry there! I won't be here for too many seasons, as they take so long to get through :D

Quite a few changes since I last stepped in to take a look!

Indeed. Fancy a break from Europe, for a bit.

Cacau's link goes to Francisco's mate. Not that Francisco isn't a wonderful poacher or anything... :D

329.png

Palmeiras - Paulistão State Championship & Copa Libertadores Group Stage 2041

It's been a very full-on opening months, with four games a week becoming a far too often occurrence. Thankfully, I am blessed with a decent squad, and had the luxury of sending out the youngsters in several Paulistão fixtures against the less talented sides, although I still had to rotate the team in an inexplicable manner; surely there's grounds to shorten the State Championships somewhat, or is the ridiculous schedule some kind of sadistic charm.

We started both competitions well, maintaining a 100% record well into March until we lost to Portuguesa. Despite this defeat, one could argue that it was in March that we really hit our stride, banging in 36 goals in a seven game period, which included two back-to-back 8-0 drubbings in the State Championship. In addition to this, we broke the Copa Libertadores record for the highest scoring game, courtesy of the eight goal thriller against Colo Colo.

The good form continued into April, with very few teams capable of posing any kind of test. Even the likes of Santos and Corinthians came unstuck in the latter stages of the Paulistão, as we went on to lift the State Championship, earning me my first piece of Brazilian silverware.

GveNChO.png?1

TILSPOy.png?1

pCKqxf7.png?1

H3FjHiC.png?1

FsnXbUT.png?1

uZCAxu4.png?1

c6MbkfI.png?1

EIvwYsI.png?1

co6fCxf.png?1

Next Time

We're into the knockout rounds of the Copa Libertadores, and will need a decent performance to see off Liga de Quito in the second leg; we lead 2-1 from the first game in Ecuador, so I'm feeling confident that we will progress. At the end of May, the Brasileirão gets underway, and we'll be looking to match, if not better, last season's third place finish.

Cacau's link goes to Francisco's mate. Not that Francisco isn't a wonderful poacher or anything... :D

Whoops! :D All fixed now :o