benefits!

would there be any benefits in pre ordering the game now? or shall i just wait till midnight?

You'de get play the BEta version which will be updated to full version at 00:01 h UK time.

With the game already d'loaded you would only have a small update to have the full version instead of waiting on the ~2 gig full game package to d'load. You might also run into some speed issues as Steam may get hammered, though this seems to happen to random users\areas(?). If you are going to buy there is really no reason to wait.

Just remember the game can't update to the full version while you've got the beta open :)

I've purchased the Retail version via Play.com and have been playing the BETA version I'm just wondering will I have to wait to receive my copy of FM through the post or will the game automatically download the Full Version?

I've purchased the Retail version via Play.com and have been playing the BETA version I'm just wondering will I have to wait to receive my copy of FM through the post or will the game automatically download the Full Version?

From the FAQ:

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-ordered a boxed copy of the game?

When you collect / receive your boxed copy, you will need to install the game disc. You will be prompted to follow the on screen instructions which will require you to input the activation code that will be printed onto the game manual. Once the game disc is activated, it will recognise your beta game and will allow you to continue play from you left off in your beta game.

I presume this means, unless Play have sent you the activation code for the retail version via email, you'll have to wait for your boxed copy to arrive. The beta doesn't expire until the 6th though

From the FAQ:

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-ordered a boxed copy of the game?

When you collect / receive your boxed copy, you will need to install the game disc. You will be prompted to follow the on screen instructions which will require you to input the activation code that will be printed onto the game manual. Once the game disc is activated, it will recognise your beta game and will allow you to continue play from you left off in your beta game.

I presume this means, unless Play have sent you the activation code for the retail version via email, you'll have to wait for your boxed copy to arrive. The beta doesn't expire until the 6th though

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I should get the game Saturday as they told me the game was dispatched a few days ago.

Archived