FMC (FM Classic) - Your thoughts after having played it

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing FMC since the game came out this year, and I've hardly touched the original mode- I think the classic version is fantastic. Essentially its got rid of all the nonsense that was unnecessarily talking up all my time on the full game; I was only giving formulaic answers to team talks, press conferences etc, so was their really any point in doing them? Unlike a lot of FMC players I don't have less time to play than before, its just that there are two areas where I go into excessive amounts of detail; transfers (trawling through players for hours), and tactics. Now that I dont have to deal with the superfluous extras, I can get through my games far far quicker, and still focus on the areas I enjoy.

In terms of constructive criticism, I would like to see the following altered a little bit:

1. I understand the need to just have 3 leagues to maintain the speed of the game. However, I think it would be better to have a set number of divisions instead. For example, if I'm managing in the premiership I have little use for the Blue Square North, but I would like to just load the top flights from Portugal, Holland etc

2. I think a stripped down version of team talks would be a worthwhile addition. Forget tone, individual player instructions etc, but perhaps just have one basic instruction you give to the team before, HT and after the game.

3. I like the minimal focus on training, but I do think that there needs to be an option for retraining a players position at the very least. My youngsters aren't ready for first team action, but at present there is no way of me turning them into the kind of player I want.

4. I don't see why we can't send the scouts to a specific country or region; for me this requires such a minimal level of effort (potentially just one drop down menu and a couple of extra clicks) that there's no reason it shouldn't be on FMC.

I think that the implementation of these 4 things would hugely improve the game, but as I said before I think its already an excellent way of playing FM. Good job :applause::D

I've been playing FMC since the game came out this year, and I've hardly touched the original mode- I think the classic version is fantastic. Essentially its got rid of all the nonsense that was unnecessarily talking up all my time on the full game; I was only giving formulaic answers to team talks, press conferences etc, so was their really any point in doing them? Unlike a lot of FMC players I don't have less time to play than before, its just that there are two areas where I go into excessive amounts of detail; transfers (trawling through players for hours), and tactics. Now that I dont have to deal with the superfluous extras, I can get through my games far far quicker, and still focus on the areas I enjoy.

In terms of constructive criticism, I would like to see the following altered a little bit:

1. I understand the need to just have 3 leagues to maintain the speed of the game. However, I think it would be better to have a set number of divisions instead. For example, if I'm managing in the premiership I have little use for the Blue Square North, but I would like to just load the top flights from Portugal, Holland etc

2. I think a stripped down version of team talks would be a worthwhile addition. Forget tone, individual player instructions etc, but perhaps just have one basic instruction you give to the team before, HT and after the game.

3. I like the minimal focus on training, but I do think that there needs to be an option for retraining a players position at the very least. My youngsters aren't ready for first team action, but at present there is no way of me turning them into the kind of player I want.

4. I don't see why we can't send the scouts to a specific country or region; for me this requires such a minimal level of effort (potentially just one drop down menu and a couple of extra clicks) that there's no reason it shouldn't be on FMC.

I think that the implementation of these 4 things would hugely improve the game, but as I said before I think its already an excellent way of playing FM. Good job :applause::D

Completely agree, well said

Regarding point 3 you can train a players position simply by playing him in the position regularly. There is just no need to do it via training anymore.

I dont think thats enough; I dont want my 16 year old hot prospect in my first team yet, but I do want him to be able to play DMC by the time he is ready, for example.

Just started to play the classic version and I have to say I like it a lot. It is way faster and with limited game time that is great.It does not need too many changes in my opinion, but if you can load more leagues and nations, have a youth team and more indepth finances then that is all I would ask for.It took a bit to get used to not giving team talks, but I think it makes sense to leave them out.Looking forward to the development of this.

Is there anyone from SI able to post what direction FMC will take for the next release.

As with many I would like the option of choosing 8-10 divisions rather than three countries - not touched the full fat game other than a quick look a couple of times

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing and enjoying FMC since release, but became frustrated today when I wanted to start a new career game with a made-up club. This can't be done it seems. I'd like to see the option to use the editor to edit the database it uses, like you can with the full version.

Other than that though, I love it.

oh, and for some reason, Harrogate didn't get any youth players in the first season, even though I edited them (using a saved game editor) to have top training & youth facilities. (I want to build a team home grown youth talent, hence my frustration at not being able to add a brand new club etc).

• 2 months later...
I've been playing and enjoying FMC since release, but became frustrated today when I wanted to start a new career game with a made-up club. This can't be done it seems. I'd like to see the option to use the editor to edit the database it uses, like you can with the full version.

Other than that though, I love it.

oh, and for some reason, Harrogate didn't get any youth players in the first season, even though I edited them (using a saved game editor) to have top training & youth facilities. (I want to build a team home grown youth talent, hence my frustration at not being able to add a brand new club etc).

The editor is for Simulation mode FM only as far as I know. Any changes you make won't affect FMC.

FMC is a great idea because I myself aren't a big fan of the whole man managing and press conference aspect of the game but as long as I can only chose so few leagues and can't use my skins from normal mode it's not really an option for me.

I would love it if there would be an option to select just as many leagues as in the normal mode and use the same skins, than it would almost be perfect imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started classic mode last night after joining the FM13 party late (had a long term save in 12 didn't want to give up!).

Hugely impressed. Just what I'm after being a dad and having minimal spare time, reminds me of a cross between 01/02 and CM4.

Only things so far I would like to see tweaked are the financial info bits and bobs, I want to know what my expenditure is in more detail. Plus would,like a bit more detail on scouting ability. Being able to have more scouts, working in specific regions. Part of the crucial appeal of FM is scouting and developing players. I don't think this would slow the game down at all!

3 leagues is plenty for me, the ability to add and remove is perfect and enables a quick processing experience!

Archived