FM 13: West Bromwich Albion F.C - Boing Boing

Hi everyone

I recently bought the new FM i really like it played my first season as west bromwich albion got a respectable league finish of 11th then in the second season was really struggling 3rd from bottom in novemeber then they sacked me. Am just going to start a new game again as west bromwich albion and am just looking for general help and tranfer tips as they have given me 6million to spend.

thanks in advace.

You'll have to give more info for people to help - playing style/transfers etc. To be fair there is a decent amount of help in the opening posts, about where to strenghten.

Hi everyone, started a WBA save and have started well. El- ghanassy is fantastic for me. playing 4-2-3-1. What have people found is the best role for shane long? I've got him as advanced forward (targetman ticked-run onto ball), but he's not scoring-Morrison in the hole and el-ghanassy are getting my goals at the moment. Thanks

I played him as a DLF, scored 9 in 14 for me which is very reasonable.

Thanks for posting guys, I have been unable to play much FM at all due to work etc :thup:

much tinkering bought a 7 place finish in my first season. Honourable mentions to el-ghanassy,Olsson,Long & Brunt! Painful as it was, I sold Mulumbu for £16.5 Million to Liverpool.

I sign him when playing as chelsea usually, so I know his worth. But it's allowed me to bring in Ademilson,Mason Bennet,zaha and capuano with v.Weiss on a free from pescara and Coquelin and Tomas Kalas on loan. Claudio Yacob has been a mainstay as well for me, so I'm stocked in his position. Since the last update 13.2.1 El Ghanassy has lost a lot of his effectiveness and isn't playing like Messi-incarnate anymore :(

What did people do with Olsson? He wouldn't budge from 50k a week for me so when the transfer window opened and he was free to talk to other clubs, I flogged him for £5m to Arsenal

Personally I would pay him that much. You'll only have to go and spend on another CB anyway.

I'm going to start my save when the new patch comes out as I'm unsatified with the ME as of now.

• 2 months later...

Who have you guys suggest I bring in to replace Lukaku at the end of season one? I'm only into the January transfer window, and he already has 21 goals for me playing as a TM (s) in my 4-4-2. I know I'm going to need to replace him next season, but haven't been able to find anyone who I'll be able to sign that will match his skill set. Any suggestions? I won't be nearly as good next season without him.

Who have you guys suggest I bring in to replace Lukaku at the end of season one? I'm only into the January transfer window, and he already has 21 goals for me playing as a TM (s) in my 4-4-2. I know I'm going to need to replace him next season, but haven't been able to find anyone who I'll be able to sign that will match his skill set. Any suggestions? I won't be nearly as good next season without him.

Bony or Kweuke?

Odion Ighalo from Granada is available on a free in January. His stats don't look out of this world but he is a brilliant target man with a turn of speed. He's been brilliant for the players in the Granada thread in La Liga. I have him coming in for when I get promoted from the Championship and he only wants 10k a week.

I just finished 3rd in the league my first season as West Brom. It was a great season, although disappointing that I didn't win the league when I had control of my destiny with only 2 matches remaining. Still, I have a lot of work to do before the start of season 2. Priority #1 is going to be replacing Lukaku and his 30 goals, as I was unable to sign a suitable replacement in January. With only 2 million in my initial transfer budget, it will be difficult to replace him and build up the depth I'd need to compete in Europe. I'm also worried about how well my tactics will work next season. My last 8 or 10 games of the season were pretty poor, and I'm losing a key component.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished my first season with West Brom, finished 4th, Got Vossen, Long and had Lukaku up top who were all beats, now long is injured and Lukaku has gone, so need a forward or 2 tto replace them, have got about 10m to spend.

and will also need a back up GK to replace foster, manager to get Micheal Keane and Kolorov on loan for some defensive cover and have Schinderlin (saints) as my playmaker in CM and he is an absolute monster!!!

Took over at WBA in season 2016/17 after they had been relegated from the Premier League. Kept most of the big players including Brunt, Long and Mulumbu. Bought the back up keeper at Real Madrid and a young CB from Seria A. We have stormed the league, unbeaten in March, miles ahead at the top of the table and in the 6th round on the FA Cup. Lovely team to manage. We will need about £30m when we get promotion. A centre back - Olsson is great in this league but won't be good enough for the PL and a striker as Long refuses to sing another contract.

• 2 weeks later...

In January of my first season with West Brom and we're currently in fifth. But, I'm looking for a decent striker. I brought in Libor Kozak on loan from Lazio who has been my main striker, but Long and Lukaku have both been poor in terms of goalscoring. I've sold Fortune so I'm looking for a decent striker to come in and challenge Lukaku/Long to play alongside Kozak. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Started a save as West Brom the other day and I am currently 10th after 7 games. I was unbeaten in my first 5 games, only conceding one goal. However, I then ran into Arsenal and Man Utd and lost 0-3 at the Emirates and 1-4 at the Hawthorns against Utd. A few injuries to defenders in pre season led to Craig Dawson starting the season and he has done very well. However, Youssouf Mulumbu has undoubtedly been my key player and has formed a solid central midfield partnership with my new (and only) signing Victor Wanyama. Really enjoying this save with the Baggies, hopefully I can end this mini run of back to back defeats and continue to get more points on the board!

Archived