Does FM13 have a better, equal or worst work permit result prediction than previous FM ?

Nowdays football teams before spending a pile of money usually know in advance if to a player could be granted a work permit or not. Bigger teams have a considerable lawyers flotilla that forecast the prediction in advance but in FM series the result is always a matter of waiting and waiting to eventually appealing and so on until the final decision.

How does FM13 deal with work permits ?

I am referring to the scout function "player x will probably fail to obtain a WP".

When you scout a player on FM 13 it states the chances of the given player getting a work permit. It is in the top section of the scouting report, far right. How accurate it is I can not tell for certain, but as usual the permits themselves are strange,

I manage Stoke and in January 2013 tried to take Maxwell from PSG on loan only to not get a permit, i tried again in the summer window and this time a permit was given, so can be hit and miss.

I manage Stoke and in January 2013 tried to take Maxwell from PSG on loan only to not get a permit, i tried again in the summer window and this time a permit was given, so can be hit and miss.

One of the criteria for a work permit is playing more than a certain amount of internationals (I think 75% in previous year). He may well have had a run in the Brazil team in between the offers.

In FM12 I flagged up a bug on work permits. Scouted a player as manager of Hearts and was told by my scout that he wouldn't get a work permit. imagine my surprise when I saw a mail saying he was signing for Rangers - we played in the same league at the time!! Surely if you are going to fail a WP in a country it doesn't matter what club sign you?

In FM12 I flagged up a bug on work permits. Scouted a player as manager of Hearts and was told by my scout that he wouldn't get a work permit. imagine my surprise when I saw a mail saying he was signing for Rangers - we played in the same league at the time!! Surely if you are going to fail a WP in a country it doesn't matter what club sign you?

I feel you. I have been struggling with WPs since FM07 I think to remember but nothing changed since 5 years ago despite I have read in this forum many explanations coming from various WP theories and WP schools of thought.

I finally ended up with the real fact that WPs are granted if the air's humidity is higher than 55%. That's the rule of thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

That's probably fairly accurate for the SPL, remember when we wanted to sign Gogita Gogua a few years ago? A player who played regularly for Georgia but an SPL panel of 'experts' decided he wouldn't bring anything to the league. Then you look at all the foreign non-EU duds that Rangers and Celtic have signed over the years.

The system in FM13 doesn't seem much fairer, I've just had a permit application turned down for South Korean striker Ji-Dong Won despite him playing frequently for his country and having just been released by Sunderland.

Archived