FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

Chelsea offered 25M for Błaszczykowski. Decided I'm going to accept it, Might play Reus on AMR which he had done since the season started. Might look for his replacement, any suggestions?

I've gone for Tello from Barcelona, 10m release clause in his contract

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welbeck just grabbed another two goals in the 88th & 91st minute to come back draw 2-2 with Schalke. Big result, keeps us 4 points ahead of Bayern with 6 to play.

Alen Halilovic grabbed his first goal for the club in a dead rubber CL game too (had won the first leg 5-1, ended up losing 2nd leg 3-2), just been playing him in the cup up til then. To be honest I'm just not sure his team-work or work-rate will ever be good enough to make him a regular. He's 20 now, has team work 7, and work-rate 10.

Rodrigo's pretty good on fm, I just don't like signing him because he's a quality winger in real life, but on FM he's a quality centre-forward instead (I guess Welbeck is actually fairly similar though...)

In terms of pure attributes, Welbeck's a fair amount better in the air, Rodrigo's slightly better technically so I'd say Welbeck edges it.

Rodrigo's pretty good on fm, I just don't like signing him because he's a quality winger in real life, but on FM he's a quality centre-forward instead (I guess Welbeck is actually fairly similar though...)

In terms of pure attributes, Welbeck's a fair amount better in the air, Rodrigo's slightly better technically so I'd say Welbeck edges it.

Came down to a money issue, Benfica were looking for 30m for Rodrigo up front and I could get Welbeck for 17m if I paid so much over four years.

Falcao wants 145,000 a week. Sorry but not for me, normally I'd say ok but Dortmund seem to have a very structured wage budget and not a huge income to do that

He wanted 105K p/w when I was in talks with him and then pulled out and went back for him and went up to 115K p/w.

I'm also keeping a structured wage, trying to get it down as possible I could and so I don't lose control of it.

srsnLTz.png

Pretty happy with it, was under 900K until I had to renew Reus contract (up to 125K p/w) and İlkay Gündoğan contact (up to 105K p/w)

Not bad, who will you replace him with?

Have no idea yet, Will look through the academy and pick one out.

EDIT: Looking at Torje, Lamela (Roma), Origi, Wellington Nem, Pereyra, Herrman (Gladbach), Allione (Velez)

shHWQxR.png

We went through a blip against HSV and Gladbach :( Don't get how Berg scored against me in HSV match by coming off the bench few seconds and BANG, goal. And one of our player made a mistake against Gladbach which they ended up scoring after 2 minutes, and struggled to score even we had good chances to score against them.

MZpC6GH.png

Not bad to be a point behind the leader, Bayern after 2 loss.

Also managed to sell Schieber to Kaiserslautern for 6.25M.

So my first season with Dortmund has come to a close. I finished top of the league on 86 points, 10 clear of Bayern. I've just looked and I only lost twice all season in the league. To Schalke and Stuttgart.

I made it to the first knock-out round of the Champions League where I was smashed by Arsenal at the Emirates after a draw at home.

Runners-Up in the German Cup Final against Leverkusen; my team must have been on their holidays already it was that bad a performance.

My key players were:

Robert Lewandowski - 48 (1) Appearances - 35 Goals - 8 Assists - 7.51 Average Rating

Marco Reus - 43 (3) Appearances - 29 Goals - 33 Assists - 8.00 Average Rating

Reus is phenomenal - machine like in what he does. I'd expect a large number of his assists come from corners with Hummels bagging 18 goals for the season.

I don't have a clue how to replace Lewandowski although I am tempted to let him see his contract out although I'm also playing with the idea of going striker-less next season.

So my first season with Dortmund has come to a close. I finished top of the league on 86 points, 10 clear of Bayern. I've just looked and I only lost twice all season in the league. To Schalke and Stuttgart.

I made it to the first knock-out round of the Champions League where I was smashed by Arsenal at the Emirates after a draw at home.

Runners-Up in the German Cup Final against Leverkusen; my team must have been on their holidays already it was that bad a performance.

My key players were:

Robert Lewandowski - 48 (1) Appearances - 35 Goals - 8 Assists - 7.51 Average Rating

Marco Reus - 43 (3) Appearances - 29 Goals - 33 Assists - 8.00 Average Rating

Reus is phenomenal - machine like in what he does. I'd expect a large number of his assists come from corners with Hummels bagging 18 goals for the season.

I don't have a clue how to replace Lewandowski although I am tempted to let him see his contract out although I'm also playing with the idea of going striker-less next season.

Very nice performance there from Reus, and Hummels by the sounds of it. How do you have your corner/set piece routines set up?

Now I've started season 2013/14 I can give my summer update.

Transfers:

IhGzwG5.png

I bought Hoffman coz I thought Sahin's loan was only one season :/ Volland hasn't really kicked off as of yet, if I can rustle up some more money I'd like to buy another striker.

Best XI

s0YAiAy.jpg

Kovacic is looking good so far, 3 goals in 3 games.

This is the best regen from my intake

UTjcGRJ.png

Very nice performance there from Reus, and Hummels by the sounds of it. How do you have your corner/set piece routines set up?

Set Piece routine's were left to default, I didn't change a thing.

How much were people getting for Lewandowski? I'm trying to sell him in the summer of 2013 and the highest bid I've had was from PSG for £30,000,000 which is frustrating. I don't need to make many changes but I could do with a little bit of money.

EDIT: & Like everyone else, I have an interest in Ter Stegen as Weidenfeller let me down a little bit last season.

Set Piece routine's were left to default, I didn't change a thing.

How much were people getting for Lewandowski? I'm trying to sell him in the summer of 2013 and the highest bid I've had was from PSG for £30,000,000 which is frustrating. I don't need to make many changes but I could do with a little bit of money.

EDIT: & Like everyone else, I have an interest in Ter Stegen as Weidenfeller let me down a little bit last season.

I sold him for £50m but it took some time, listed him at that price and at first people were doing that 20m up front blah blah over four years even though it wasn't coming to what I wanted. Put him up every few weeks in the end PSG paid it

Bayern Munich have started signing my regen cast-offs for extortionate amounts of money :D Just sold them two centre forwards who were never going to make it for me for 20m & 22m!

Did a United '99 on them in the Champions League final. 2-1 down before Danny Welbeck scores two goals in added time against his old club. To be honest they had Nani sent-off in giving us the equaliser at 1-1 so it was a pretty shocking performance to then go 2-1 down up until the 90th minute.

dortc.jpg

Now in the process of doing a slight squad overhaul. Busquets & Vidal who've been my CM for a couple of seasons are over 30 so may move them on. I've got 2 incredible anchor men DM's, one of them played in the CL final (Schouten) but my upcoming CM from the academy is only 18 and not ready for first-team yet so may keep Vidal. Thiago Alcantara is my only real transfer target as he could fill the gap for 2-3 seasons til this centre-mid is ready.

Also had offers of 45m for both Welbeck & Volland. Both have dropped off their levels of performance slightly & I've got some incredible regens for R/LW/ST so considering selling. Marco Reus (was injured for CL final) & Mats Hummels are still top-notch though so have no intention of selling them.

So in 2019 my team is:

----------------Welbeck/German regen

Reus---------------Bittencourt------Volland/German regen

-----------------Vidal----Dutch regen

Alaba--------Hummels-----Russian regen----Carvajal

--------------------Ter Stegen

My RW academy product Komander from earlier has unfortunately gone to absolute carp. Hasn't improved at all attributes & is refusing any loan moves.

Here's the pick of my regens:

German captain. Tend to rotate him with Reus at LW inside forward or play Reus on the right. After a slow start to last season he finished strongly with 12 goals in the league & 8 in the Champions League.

besic.jpg

Dutch DM who's become first choice this season. Absolute beast. Also have a Brazilian with almost the same stats a year younger.

schouten.jpg

Academy CM. Cultured left footed central midfielder. Managed 21 assists in 47 games for Dortmund II last season

kolaqz.jpg

German AM with even better potential than Bittencourt. Used him predominantly in cups last season, he scored 2 hat-tricks in the German cup.

kuckp.jpg

Welbeck's heir apparent. For some reason his pace dropped from 14 to 12 recently but the rest of his game is massively improving. Scored 44 goals in 37 games for Dortmund II last season

torresea.jpg

Here's the pick of my regens:

German captain. Tend to rotate him with Reus at LW inside forward or play Reus on the right. After a slow start to last season he finished strongly with 12 goals in the league & 8 in the Champions League.

besic.jpg

Dutch DM who's become first choice this season. Absolute beast. Also have a Brazilian with almost the same stats a year younger.

schouten.jpg

Academy CM. Cultured left footed central midfielder. Managed 21 assists in 47 games for Dortmund II last season

kolaqz.jpg

German AM with even better potential than Bittencourt. Used him predominantly in cups last season, he scored 2 hat-tricks in the German cup.

kuckp.jpg

Welbeck's heir apparent. For some reason his pace dropped from 14 to 12 recently but the rest of his game is massively improving. Scored 44 goals in 37 games for Dortmund II last season

torresea.jpg

Your regens look amazing, think you're set for awhile with some of them

A good pre-season with 4 wins out of 5 and a 2-2 draw with PSG, hopefully my team take it into the league properly and dont miss Lewandowski too much

Transfers in:

Tello 10m. I matched his release clause at barcelona and beat PSG to his signing, he'll be going straight into my first team

Welbeck 10m up front 7m over four years. I needed a replacement for Lewandowski and despite having a decentish transfer budget, Welbeck was the best I could do. I don't rate him as one of the top strikers around, but maybe he'll be a good replacement.

Benzia 3m A good young striker who could become Welbecks replacement in a few years, I've never bought him before so I don't know how he does

Ter Stegen 7m up front, 5m over four years, 5m in other addons. I spent the summer tapping him up and then pulling out when Gladbach wouldn't budge from their 27m valuation of him, I'm glad I got him for a lot less

Nem. He signed a new contract and his release clause for European clubs was lowered further still, 15m, and he's only on 30k a week

Transfers out:

Lewandowski 50m PSG :( 34 goals in the league and 48 overall. If it hadn't been for the contract situation he wouldn't have been sold, damn real life and database

Błaszczykowski 26m Spurs. He did well last season, 13 goals overall which isn't too bad for someone with a finishing stat of 10 and composure of 9. But it was those two being that low that made me sell him, he was on too high of a wage to be a back up

Kirch free transfer . Never played him

Owomoyela free transfer. See above

Kehl free transfer. Constantly injured and the times he did play he was always too unfit to last 45 minutes

Weidenfeller 6.5m Werder Bremen. I bought Stegen and I'm not having someone on around 70k a week on the bench at Dortmund, at another club maybe but they can't afford it.

Sahin loan cancelled. He played quite a bit for me, but never impressed as a DLP, Gundogan is a lot better.

Grobkreutz 10m AC Milan

I'm spending 900k a week on wages and I want to keep that under 1m a week. I need to buy one more player and that's my winger. Dortmund's squad as be trimmed but a lot of it was older players released that I haven't listed here.

August

League

Dortmund 3-0 Koln; Reus 10, Hummles 13, Subotic pen 29

Dortmund 2-0 Nurnberg; Gotze 30, Subotic 39

German super cup

Dortmund 3-1 Hannover; Reus 4, Gotze 30, 37; Stindl 20

German cup

Dortmund 4-1 Regensburg; Gunter 20, Reus 45, 51, Benzia 58; Muller 87

First month with no Lewandowski went pretty well, 4 wins, 12 goals scored and 2 conceded, the only annoying part was no goal for Welbeck in the first four games. Reus and Gotze have been impressive though even if it is early, four and three goals each so far

Hi guys

Would like to share with you all my bvb experience ;)

Here's my 1st season, bayern lost his 5 points advantage in last few matches, was very very lucky ;)

bG4YRfu.jpg

My signings:

6ycGxbl.jpg

Current squad:

givlt3q.jpg

Current table:

fSRXxXJ.jpg

Any suggestions/thoughts/questions are most welcome.

PS. Sorry for my awful english.

@John. The two oldest ones there (Besic & Kuch) were already performing well in the Bundesliga so were hard to miss, but also were far from cheap (27m + 15m each).

Schouten & Toros were found by scouts searching for Bundesliga & Eredivisie talent.

I have about 10 scouts all with 16+ PA stats, and mostly just leave them to search for new talent rather than specific searches. I would search through nations on old saves to find players but I don't think that's really worth it anymore.

Balance is 420m. It's been rising hugely in recent years through selling players for big fees like Welbeck & Volland for 45m each + sold Will Hughes for the same amount. My scouts also find a lot of Brazilian regens with low release clauses who are a good way to make money with a few making the first-team squad.

bvbintroductionpreseaso.png

MONTHLY UPDATE - August, with added pre-season!

Hallo und Willkommen to my first Borussia Dortmund monthly update. I've never really been able to get into a BVB save as of yet, but the challenge of replacing Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski entices me. In case you didn't know, I actually made this thread, so it's about time I got involved more regularly. Here's how pre-season and the early stages of the Bundesliga campaign went...

TACTICS

bvb4231.pngbvb433.png

My ultimate objective is to play attractive, efficient football - much like the football Jürgen Klopp's BVB side plays in real-life. With a relatively high tempo, high defensive line and short-ish passing, I'm encouraging a brand of football which suits our set of players well. Throughout pre-season, I preferred to use the 4-2-3-1 tactic as it mimics Klopp's Borussia Dortmund well, but the 4-1-2-2-1 formation is an alternative which could be productive.

PRE-SEASON FIXTURES & RESULTS

It was going to be a tough pre-season, especially with the added challenge - or distraction - of facing Bayern München in the DFL-Super Cup midway through pre-season. All in all, it was a good one:-

bvbfixturesandresults.png

We played some good football throughout. The late return of UEFA Euro 2012 participants, notable the German and Polish players, to the Borussia Dortmund scene hindered our preparation somewhat for the DFL-Super Cup Final, but the latter half of our pre-season was productive. It allowed me to assess the squad and it's weaknesses, as well as tinker with some of my tactics' shortcomings. In terms of youth players, both Koray Günter and Jonas Hoffmann stood out, earning themselves a starting role for the DFB-Pokal Cup 1st round game.

FIXTURES & RESULTS

28.7.12 | DFL-Super Cup Final;

Bayern München - 2 (Robben '31, Schweinsteiger '63)

Borussia Dortmund - 0

I wasn't too concerned about the result, more about the performance. It would've been nice to have won it, but we were up against Bayern - a team peppered with World-beaters. The late return of the Euro 2012 stars didn't help, but we showed glimpses of what we can do. We only registered two shots on target - both from Kevin Großkreutz - but we defended fairly well with a good team shape. Improvement needed, though.

18.8.12 | DFB-Pokal Cup - 1st Round;

SC Victoria - 1 (Azong '80)

Borussia Dortmund - 6 (Lewandowski '10, '61, '79, Großkreutz '25, Reus '75, Gündoğan '85)

As expected, it was a comfortable victory which offers a fair amount of encouragement for the approaching Bundesliga campaign. A young but experienced squad - including Leonardo Bittencourt, Jonas Hoffmann, Koray Günter, Mustafa Amini and Marvin Ducksch - travelled to the Hamburg-based club and we certainly got the job done. Lewandowski bagged a a deserved hatrick, Mats Hummels marshaled he defence expertly while the central midfield partnership of Mortiz Leitner and Ilkay Gündoğan showed signs of development and telepathic understanding.

My favourite goal had to be Ilkay Gündoğan's well-crafted team goal. We built from the back, moving the ball quickly, before Gündoğan broke ahead of Marvin Ducksch, controlled the pass and finished well.

24.8.12 | Bundesliga;

Borussia Dortmund - 2 (Subotić '25, Götze '59)

TSG Hoffenheim - 1 (Derdiyok '64)

Friday night at the Westfalenstadion. The Bundesliga returns. Borussia Dortmund begin their title defence with a win. And it was a good one, to be honest. The scoreline flattered the visitors, especially taking into account the amount of chances we crafted. Neven Subotić opened the scoring, showing the guile of a seasoned 20 goals-a-season to sneak in at the far post. Mario Götze's goal came about after good work on the right-hand side by Jonas Hoffmann, before Götze finished well from just inside the box.

With a possession statistic of 68% and a total of 5 half chances, we should've won by more. A win's a win, though.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - GROUP STAGE DRAW

The groups have been drawn, our fate has been decided. We were seeded in a lowly pot 4 for the UEFA Champions League draw, so our group was always going to be a tough one. Here's how things panned out:-

BARCELONA

SL BENFICA

FENERBAHÇE SK

BORUSSIA DORTMUND

It was always going to be a tough group and, as expected, it certainly is on. We have more than enough to progress from it, though. Barcelona will be the toughest test, but we should be beating the likes of Benfica and Fenerbahçe. Let's wait and see how things pan out...

That's it for my first monthly update of my Borussia Dortmund save. Hope you all enjoyed it. More to come soon, hopefully...

Good first update! That's a tough opening Champions League group as Benfica are really solid throughout the team and Fenerbache are hard to break down at home. I see you haven't made any transfers, is that because you've disabled the budgets or are you happy with the squad? I personally bought Rodrigo (Although I sold Lewandowski) and I also drew Benfica in the Champions League although without Rodrigo they were less of a threat.

Good luck with the first-season, it's always 50/50 as for the Champion Spot, as Bayern can be either incredible or awful (On my current Everton save, they've just sacked Jupp in February, and are down in 16th)

I've just reloaded my Dortmund save at a time before I ****ed everything up and it's just before I won the league so not too long left for me to go.

How do you guys use Leitner and Bittencourt? Bittencourt is a natural AMC and I don't play with one of those so I'm not sure what to do with him?

I've just reloaded my Dortmund save at a time before I ****ed everything up and it's just before I won the league so not too long left for me to go.

How do you guys use Leitner and Bittencourt? Bittencourt is a natural AMC and I don't play with one of those so I'm not sure what to do with him?

If you don't play with a AMC position then I'd use them as a MC with an advanced playmaker role

I never managed to get the best out of Leitner and ended up selling him when he about 26. I did use a 4-3-3 fairly often after selling Gotze in 2013 but preferred Gundogan & Vidal who I signed there as the two CM's. I always felt that Leitner's attributes were more suited to CAM because of his lack of strength + tackling + marking, but Bittencourt was the better AM prospect because although he had very similar attributes he was a natural AM & had better finishing. Will be interested to see how Leitner gets for you guys though as a first teamer.

I think it was in the 5th season (took some time!) that Bittencourt came good, after a couple of season loans out and a fair amount of sub appearances in the 4th season. See post #340 for screenshot of his attributes at this time, I reverted back to a 4-1-1-3-1 with Bittencourt first choice AM and he had a few great seasons. You could probably start using him earlier and he may progress quicker, he didn't start playing him regularly until I was certain he was good enough for a Champions League challenging side. His dribbling is very good, scored a number of great individual goals.

Llew_Arshavin23,

Does this mean you are giving your Arsenal save a rest? Not too bad performances there. Can't be too annoyed with the Bayern loss and the win in the cup is promising, especially with the strong youth performances.

cyborgscouse, How is Tello going for you mate? Still deciding if I should bring him in or not. The price is pretty decent really so he is tempting.

Llew_Arshavin23,

Does this mean you are giving your Arsenal save a rest? Not too bad performances there. Can't be too annoyed with the Bayern loss and the win in the cup is promising, especially with the strong youth performances.

cyborgscouse, How is Tello going for you mate? Still deciding if I should bring him in or not. The price is pretty decent really so he is tempting.

A couple of assists in the first month but hasn't come close to a goal just yet, hopefully he'll turn out like Reus and destroy that wing for me. I've been busy the past few days and haven't had much of a chance to play it, but for 10m even if he isn't amazing you'll probably sell him for around 20mish after a few years

November

BorussiaDortmund_FixturesSchedule-12.png

1Bundesliga_OverviewProfile-5.png

Mixed feeling this month :( Happy to beat Man Utd. Came from 4-2 down to draw against Schalke.

Staff signing - sacked my DOF and brought in Jozak from Dinamo as new DOF.

January 2014

I unsettled Schurrle and ended up getting my bored to buy him for me for 20M. Not going to complain. I plan to sell Grosskreutz and just rotate Reus and Schurrle on the left wing. Unfortunately Reus is injured for like 2 months so I can't sell him yet :/ Also brought in Joao Paulo, young Brazilian striker who has excellent attributes, plan on making him my main weapon over the next few years.

Somehow sitting in first, 13 points over Bayern, though they have 3 games in hand. My midfielders are carrying me this season as I still can't really get Volland to fire! If anyone has any tips on which role to play him or anything, please help!

Schurrle never interested me and he's just joined Madrid so it's a good job he didn't.

I've just started my second season, winning my first two games 6-0 and 6-1 respectively. Got De Bruyne in on loan with a future fee of £10 Million as I've moved Reus up front and he's got 4 goals in two games.

Finished my first season with Dortmund and overall went well. I am on the update with Gotze agreed to B Munich for £32m & Lewndowski just will not sign so he will be sold this summer.

Firstly I won the league by 2 points from Bayern which I was happy with, I got beat in the German cup final by Bayern. As for the Champs League I easily went through my grou, beat Man City in the last 16 before drawing Lille in the last 8. This is where it ended with me getting beat 7-3 in Lille with Noland Roux scoring 6 for them. Freak result.

Highlight so far in signings. In January I brought back Kagawa from Man Utd for £11.75m rising to £19.5m on goals and app. Fans loved me and shirt saled through the roof. Just got to the end of summer now so big transfer window as looks like Lewondowski will be going.

I've moved Volland to AMR like a few others have. Got sick of him not scoring at striker, and in his first game there he scores haha.

Breaking away in the league now, so I will focus more on UCL, hoping for semis.

Will need to bring in another striker and probably a left back and backup AMC as well this summer.

Hi there. I have decided to come back to FM after a bit of an absence, and decided to start a new save with Dortmund. maybe the CL run in RL made it more appealing. Doing well in my first season, only lost to Bayern thus far in the first season.

Like above, I've edited in the major new transfers that've popped up in RL, so Gotze is off to Bayern next season, so I'm looking for a decent replacement for him already. I have no idea if its hard coded into the game, as I haven't edited this, but Lewandowski is refusing to even discuss a new contract and saying he will leave at the end of his contract for me too. I have no issue with this in general, I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with managing to get him to change his mind at some point, or he really is just destined to leave. If so I'll have to decide whether to cash in or start searching for a replacement next season. I'm currently in the January transfer window, so now is the time to find out what may happen.

Cheers in advance, good to read some of the progress people have had.

that's exactly what I'm getting. the exact same amount. 7 million up front and the rest over months. Nowhere near what I want but I really need some cash to replace him, I don't want him going on a free. I actually managed to talk to him, things were going well, he backed down over wanting to leave according to the text. Then he said my claim to win the CL wasn't showing enough ambition, and redoubled his resolve to leave. I keep offering him out for 35 or so and only people who offer are United and City at the above price. Hoping maybe I can offer him out in the new season and see more offers.

As for the progress of the save, I've been trailing behind Bayern all season, comfortably above the rest of the league, but lagging behind them. I've been in great form since January, and only lost once away to Gladbach in that period. I've just now, with 3 games to go, beaten Bayern at home to go level on points and ahead on GD. It will be a close run to the finish line.

Archived