FM13: Borussia Dortmund - Echte Liebe.

@john1

Thanks pal, I only have one good regen at the moment but just got to the end of my third season so will be hunting for some now. Got a few free transfer coming in aswell. Dortmunds squad is just so strong and with my signings I was unstoppable in the league only losing 2-1 away to Bayern.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crdd8ey.png

End of the season

6j5cjYC.png

Table

euIA0Ie.jpg

CHAMPIONS :cool: Went down to the last game of the season. Disappointing not to win the league before the end of the season. Should have beaten Schalke and Mainz. Also annoyed with our loss to Man City in 2nd leg. I believe there is a HUGE difference between having a huge budget like City and small budget with Dortmund.

Man City went on to win back to back Champions League after beat Barcelona 4-3 after extra time.

My players of the season:

Matt Hummels - Was absolutely solid at the back, scored 14 goals this season.

Sven Bender - played fantastic for us this season and excel as Ball winning midfielder.

Marco Reus - one word - AMAZING. Scored 23 goals this season with 12 assists.

Andreas Cornelius - Didn't let me down as he scored 20 goals this season as number 1 striker.

Stevan Jovetic - I love this guy, scored 8 goals in 16 games. Scored crucial goals for us. Expecting more of him next season.

Plans for next season

Offload deadwood players and make profits

Play youngsters more often (Noble etc etc)

Get decent run in DFB Pokal and Champions League

£29m for Volland, I have just turned down a £22m bid from Real Madrid on mine however he has become so crucial on my save. I am at the end of the 3rd season now and in all honesty I am struggling to attract the worlds best players. Dortmunds team is so solid there isn't much I need to improve I might look spending on regens.

Who you buying John?

So nice to see so many nice posts about Dortmund - i love it!

Ive started a save aswell. Currently 5 games into first season. Im playing a 4-1-3-1-1, and its going great.

Reus, playing as ML, 8 games, scoring 9 goals and 8.10 rating.

Lewandowski, playing as AF/A, 8 games, scoring 10 goals and 7.90 rating.

Blaszcykowski, playing as MR, 8 games, scoring 4 goals, 10 assists and 8.05 rating.

Those are my 4 best players currently. Would love to get Götze working soon, but its okay.

£29m for Volland, I have just turned down a £22m bid from Real Madrid on mine however he has become so crucial on my save. I am at the end of the 3rd season now and in all honesty I am struggling to attract the worlds best players. Dortmunds team is so solid there isn't much I need to improve I might look spending on regens.

Who you buying John?

Not planning to bring anyone in at the moment.

So nice to see so many nice posts about Dortmund - i love it!

Ive started a save aswell. Currently 5 games into first season. Im playing a 4-1-3-1-1, and its going great.

Reus, playing as ML, 8 games, scoring 9 goals and 8.10 rating.

Lewandowski, playing as AF/A, 8 games, scoring 10 goals and 7.90 rating.

Blaszcykowski, playing as MR, 8 games, scoring 4 goals, 10 assists and 8.05 rating.

Those are my 4 best players currently. Would love to get Götze working soon, but its okay.

Good to see you playing as Dortmund :cool: I found Gotze working as AMC - advanced playmaker - attack.

Hi guys,

I've taken over as Dortmund in November of the second season, with the club top of the Bundesliga, but all but out of the Champions League. The squad has changed a little:

Outs:

Subotic - Arsenal - £9m

Dudziak - Bayern - £3.2m

Gundogan - Real Madrid - £27m

Ins:

Thiago - Barcelona - £18m

Altidore - AZ - £8m

Manuel Adam - Red Bull - £975k

Kaka - Man City - Season long loan £110k/month

Rensing - Free Transfer

First decision was whether to keep Lewandowski until the end of the season and let him leave for free, or to cash in on him in January. Despite 11 goals in 8 games, an offer of £6m up front with a further £20m over 18 months sees him heading to Italy to join Juventus. A kick in the teeth, but an understandable one. The big question now is, who is going to replace him?

In terms of the rest of the squad, I'd like to add a left back to cover Schmelzer, and potentially another out-and-out winger, as well as a replacement for Lewandowski, obviously. Any ideas greatfully received on this front!

Like many of you, I want to bring through the youth, and have targeted some young players for the January transfer window (mainly regens) in the hope of developing them alongside the likes of Bittencourt and Leitner.

Aims for the rest of the season are to win the title, and have a good run in the Europa league, whilst still trying to blood some of the youngsters.

Wish me luck!

Hi guys,

I've taken over as Dortmund in November of the second season, with the club top of the Bundesliga, but all but out of the Champions League. The squad has changed a little:

Outs:

Subotic - Arsenal - £9m

Dudziak - Bayern - £3.2m

Gundogan - Real Madrid - £27m

Ins:

Thiago - Barcelona - £18m

Altidore - AZ - £8m

Manuel Adam - Red Bull - £975k

Kaka - Man City - Season long loan £110k/month

Rensing - Free Transfer

First decision was whether to keep Lewandowski until the end of the season and let him leave for free, or to cash in on him in January. Despite 11 goals in 8 games, an offer of £6m up front with a further £20m over 18 months sees him heading to Italy to join Juventus. A kick in the teeth, but an understandable one. The big question now is, who is going to replace him?

In terms of the rest of the squad, I'd like to add a left back to cover Schmelzer, and potentially another out-and-out winger, as well as a replacement for Lewandowski, obviously. Any ideas greatfully received on this front!

Like many of you, I want to bring through the youth, and have targeted some young players for the January transfer window (mainly regens) in the hope of developing them alongside the likes of Bittencourt and Leitner.

Aims for the rest of the season are to win the title, and have a good run in the Europa league, whilst still trying to blood some of the youngsters.

Wish me luck!

I would get Andreas Cornelius for Lewandowski's replacement.

Good luck!

@john1 - Cornelius is at Leverkusen, so thats a no go unfortunately.

@Safce - De Jong has just been transfer listed for £8.75m, good deal?

Other options I'm considering are Destro, Rusescu, Rodrigo, Gamiero, Lukaku, Podolski, Fierro and Morata.

I'm probably going to bring in two of them, as I have been completely unimpressed with Altidore and Schieber so far. Must admit I'm edging towards De Jong plus another, but it depends on fee and availability I guess. Going to scout Maupay as well now. God, the possibilities are endless!

Who have you guys brought in to cover for Schmelzer at left back?

@john1 - Cornelius is at Leverkusen, so thats a no go unfortunately.

@Safce - De Jong has just been transfer listed for £8.75m, good deal?

Other options I'm considering are Destro, Rusescu, Rodrigo, Gamiero, Lukaku, Podolski, Fierro and Morata.

I'm probably going to bring in two of them, as I have been completely unimpressed with Altidore and Schieber so far. Must admit I'm edging towards De Jong plus another, but it depends on fee and availability I guess. Going to scout Maupay as well now. God, the possibilities are endless!

Who have you guys brought in to cover for Schmelzer at left back?

I would go for Lukaku.

I brought in a French regen left back to cover for Schmelzer.

Cheers for the quick reply.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to turn down de Jong at that price, and now need to focus on my next option, as I think I'm going to let Altidore go at the end of the season. Fierro is available for £7.5m, and I haven't even been able to get Chelsea to the negotiating table for Lukaku yet. Just looking into Maupay now.

I have identified Matthias Ostrzolek for my LB problem, and he has a minimum release clause of £6.5m as well, although I am hoping to pay less than that. Got a few regens in the pipeline in terms of developing youth team players long-term. Aiming for under-17s, as they could still be trained as Home-Grown by Club, which would be handy for Europe.

Definitely he actually scored more than lewandowski for me, not a team player but he'll knock them in no bother being two footed and good at finishing and in the air. Think i paid 16 million for him and got around 35 off benfica a season or two later...

I have Alaba and Asamoah (juventus dm) playing left wing back with an academy player in the wings. On the right I have some insane regen with jung as back up.

Cheers for the quick reply.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to turn down de Jong at that price, and now need to focus on my next option, as I think I'm going to let Altidore go at the end of the season. Fierro is available for £7.5m, and I haven't even been able to get Chelsea to the negotiating table for Lukaku yet. Just looking into Maupay now.

I have identified Matthias Ostrzolek for my LB problem, and he has a minimum release clause of £6.5m as well, although I am hoping to pay less than that. Got a few regens in the pipeline in terms of developing youth team players long-term. Aiming for under-17s, as they could still be trained as Home-Grown by Club, which would be handy for Europe.

You're better off looking at free agents players for cheaper option but that's entirely up to you.

You're probably right there. Brought in Ciri Capuano until the end of the season to provide insurance in case Schmelzer picks up an injury or suspension.

Looking at those out of contract in the summer, quite like the look of Luca Antonelli to be my back up next season, and trying to arrange deals for Andrea Poli and Aaron Hunt, both of whom are also out of contract in the summer.

I've gone for both de Jong and Maupay up front, for £8.5m and £6m respectively. Fingers crossed they can provide the goals that Lewandowski has taken to Turin with him...

Crdd8ey.png

Pre season

U6wuSJP.png

Baffled by 3-2 loss against Lens, threw away 2 goals lead. and they made a sub and scored twice in 2 mins against us and their midfielder scored the winning goal :(

Pretty happy with other pre season result. Delighted to win the Supercup :cool:

Transfers

VAFf3Eq.png

Got rid of deadwood players.

74ZXfhV.jpg

Bizarrely he was in talks with Man City and they pulled out so I went for him and snapped him up. big hopes on this guy.

I am also manager of Holland U's21 as well. Just thrashed Iran 5-2 in my first game.

Miljenko Ivankovic, Emre Can and Kazuma Hayashi just won their first cap for their country :cool:

@john1 - Always good to get a trophy in the bag, even if it is the supercup. Definitely better than not winning it!

Luuk de Jong has hit the ground running, scoring 6 goals in 6 games. Really hoping he can keep this up to fire me to the title.

I'm currently 2 points clear of Schalke in the league, with 11 games to go. I'm thinking 27 points will be enough to secure the Bundesliga. Also, we have cruised through to the second knock out round of the Europa League, where St. Etienne lie in wait. Really want the double now, fingers crossed I can deliver it!

Y3nrxjG.jpg

I dreamt bout new stadium, and bang, 105,348 seats !!!

And named after my humble person . . .

Congrats :cool: Hoping to get a stadium named after me.

Any good players in your team Grimlok1?

@john1 - Always good to get a trophy in the bag, even if it is the supercup. Definitely better than not winning it!

Luuk de Jong has hit the ground running, scoring 6 goals in 6 games. Really hoping he can keep this up to fire me to the title.

I'm currently 2 points clear of Schalke in the league, with 11 games to go. I'm thinking 27 points will be enough to secure the Bundesliga. Also, we have cruised through to the second knock out round of the Europa League, where St. Etienne lie in wait. Really want the double now, fingers crossed I can deliver it!

Definitely, It's the first SuperCup I won since I started with Dortmund.

Nice to see De Jong hitting the ground running for you :cool: Any good youngsters in the academy?

Crdd8ey.png

August 2014

Mze0fzV.png

Happy with our opening 2 games of the season in the league. Against Mechtersheim, we should have at least scored 10 goals. missed a lot of clear cut chances.

Table

mUkUzj8.png

My Champions League Group

byMveKG.png

Well, well, we meet Man Utd again. Tough group but I'm confidence of finishing in top 2.

In my 3rd season now as Dortmund, going strong in the league as usual and still in all the cups. In February so important end to the season coming up. I just thought id share a screenshot with you guys of a player who I have previously bought on other FMs but never delivered until now. I thought I would take the opportunity to sign Erik Lamela for £15m and I must admit he has been one of my best buys. The guy is a beast!!!

2weie4h.png

Also I had Man Utd in my group did the double home and away to them and being a Utd fan myself it was one of my best results:

69gldf.png

Got an offer of £10.5M up front and £24.5M over 48 months for Lewa (Jan season 1) from Bayern. Been deliberating it for a day, decided to accept but before I did I asked my board to buy a transfer listed falcao for me so I didn't have to use the Lewa funds :D

Got an offer of £10.5M up front and £24.5M over 48 months for Lewa (Jan season 1) from Bayern. Been deliberating it for a day, decided to accept but before I did I asked my board to buy a transfer listed falcao for me so I didn't have to use the Lewa funds :D

How do you go about requesting this of the board?

Click on a transfer target > Transfer > make offer and sometimes it give you the option of asking your board to fund the transfer.

I did this and the board bought Jovetic for me :-)

Beginning of my 4th season and believe it or not I currently have £108m to spend on transfers however my team is so solid im un sure what to do with it. I won the lot last year and want to start bringing the youngsters through.

Just had a £41m bid for Kevin Volland on last day of transfer window, didn't have time to replace him but accepted it. Now I have £150m to spend but my reputation still doesn't attrack the Messi, Aguero type bracket. Saying that for you guys who seen the screenshot of the next Alan Shearer I had in my squad, here he is now a year on:

erj2pd.png

Hi guys , thought it was time to join in

First Season

Set out with the intention of keeping Lewandowski until his contract expires and to keep the squad as original as possible.

Only transfer in was Gabriel Silva on loan as cover for Left Back

Played a Rigid Counter 4231

League Won by a clear 10 points over Bayern P38 W26 D6 L2 F81 A23 PTS84

Champions League Lost 0-1 to Real Madrid, poor performance ,Lewa missing a penalty in the 89th min.

German Cup Won 2-0 beating Ingolstadt

Main men were

Lewan 26 goals / 8 assists

Reus 23 / 25

Subotic 15 / 3

Kuba 11 / 16

Grosskreutz 9 / 9

Gotze 8 / 16

Second season

Stuck to my guns, although selling was very tempting, and kept Lewandowski

Notable sales - Kirch £2m , Santana £6m and Weidenfeller £4.9m

Got a decent budget and a policy of buying young so brought in

Ter Stegen £14m

Hoffman £13.5m

Goretzka £6.5m

Staniciu £5.25m

Kept Sahin on loan

and resigned Kehl as player/coach

Shaky start the season with two losses in first three games but back on track now chasing Bayern

Lewa 23 in 23 so far

In November now and can get about 40m for him.

Main targets to replace him are Lukaku , Rondon , Damiao and De Jong

Budgets currently £0

My dilemma -

Sell a goal per game striker and disrupt the team

or run his contract down and hope the board are generous in the summer ?

@hnp - Sell him and use the money to reinvest in a quality replacement. I got £26m for him 6 months before the end of his contract, so you should be able to get more than that for him at the stage you are at.

@batty1 - That sucks, fingers crossed you can figure a way round it.

As for me, after my laptop giving out last week, my save went on hold for a little bit. Finally finished my season last night (end of season 2, but my first as Dortmund manager after taking over in November). A thoroughly successful end of the season saw me win the league by 5 points, and amazingly win the Europa League final by beating Man Utd on penalties. Thoroughly pleased to have landed both trophies, and now its time to turn towards building for next season. I'm aiming to bring in some youngsters, with the plan of introducing them into the first team squad over the next 2 seasons.

Despite winning two trophies, the highlight of my season has to be the away win at Schalke. At the time, a defeat would have put them level on points with us at the top of the table. I promptly went there and had 5 shots in total in the whole match, all 5 on target, and all 5 resulting in a goal. The most incredible performance in terms of shots-to-goals ratio I've ever had on any version of FM, let alone against a fellow title challenger.

Now, to the summer. First dilemma is whether or not to activate Sahin's buy-out clause. I think I probably will, particularly as he is club-grown, and his price is cheap for the class he has.

Hows everyone else getting along?

Crdd8ey.png

September 2014

fMEVu3T.png

Disappointed with our Man Utd and Leverkusen loss :( Took the lead against Man Utd and they scored 2 quick goals in 53 minutes and struggled to score against them afterwards. We matched Leverkusen and went in half time 0-0 and Ter Stegen made mistake and gifted them the goal in 2nd half :(

Table

rWC1AgO.png

Delighted with Koray Günter contribution to the team as Hummels is out for 4 months with injury and Gunter did well in his place.

Getting so frustrated with the chairman, I repeatedly keep asking for merchandise club and he said no and I said it's important and once again came back with saying couldn't find a club, now that been going on since I started.

Crdd8ey.png

October 2014

e3w0Kx7.png

Perfect month for us :cool: didn't concede a goal. Got a game in hand over Bayern and hopefully win that game in hand to open 5 points gap.

Table

GlVpyZO.jpg

Transfer news

Selling Victor Andrade to Ast. Tripolis for 5.5M plus 40%.

Crdd8ey.png

November 2014

IJNFPDf.png

Happy to see we have opened up 8 points gap on Bayern :cool: Delighted with Reus banging goal for us.

Gutted with Roma loss, now we got to beat Vitesse away and Man Utd to beat Roma for us to finish 2nd. We was winning against Man Utd til we gave away penalty in 90+1 minutes :(

Table

c7pFCQt.png

Transfers news

Łukasz Piszczek - OM for 15.75M - Decided to let him go due to him being 29 and will play Shaun Noble or Romario as number 1 right back.

Just started season 3, which will be my first full season in charge of BvB. My main aims for the coming season are:

- Retain the Bundesliga

- Reach the last 8 of the Champions League

- Develop some of the key youngsters already in my squad (i.e. Gunter, Bittencourt, Leitner, Maupay, Gusmao)

Pre-season took me a little while, as I was scouring the world looking for the best youth talent to bring to Germany. Ideally, I'd get as many players in as possible who are under 18, as this would allow me to create a fully home-grown squad. Realistically, this isn't going to happen for a fair while, particularly as many of the best youngsters that have been identified by my scouts are playing in nations where they are not allowed to leave until they are 18.

Anyway, transfers:

Out:

Altidore - SLB - £15m

Grosskreutz - Spurs - £10m

Schieber - Gladbach - £5m

Rensing - PSG - £1.5m

Sobeich - Nurnburg - £1.1m

Langerak - Parma - £750k

A few others left on free transfers, the most notable of which was Kehl.

In:

Volland - Hoffenheim - £10.5m - I needed a back-up striker after deciding to let Altidore go, and after a bit of praising through the media Volland was transfer listed. I'm hoping he will develop like he has for many of you.

Goretzka - Bochum - £5m - I went for him after Sahin refused to accept a sensible wage offer. Added bonus of being home-grown as well.

Gusmao - Gremio - £1.8m - A very talented young CB who will push Gunter for 3rd choice, providing a great level of depth at CB.

Allione - Velez - £6.5m - Flying young winger who will provide competition for Kuba.

Perin - Genoa - Free - After letting Rensing and Langerak go, I needed a third choice keeper. This guy looks competent enough, and is still young enough to develop well.

Poli - Sampdoria - Free - Brought in to replace the ageing Kehl, I can see him being here for a couple of years whilst Goretzka develops further.

Hunt - Werder Bremen - Free - Again home-grown, and can provide a bit of experienced back up across any of the attacking midfield areas.

Moreau - Le Harve - Free - Another hugely talented young CB who, at just 16, can still be made home-grown, and will hopefully develop into a top player.

Cuenca - Barcelona - Loan - Not paying a fee for him, just his wages. I've brought him in to provide cover for Reus after letting Grosskreutz go.

Theophile-Catherine - Stade Rennais - Loan - I struggled to find an adequate back up LB all summer, and after refusing to pay £12m for Shaw from Southampton, this guy has come in on loan on deadline day.

Here's to another successful season!

Future Transfers:

Vukasinovic - Red Star Belgrade - £2.8m

Bertani - Boca - £3.5m

Screenshot of Vukasinovic and Betani? Not bad transfers you have brought to the club. I also went for Poli and his club wanted 30M for him and decided not to go for him.

What is your settings for your scouts to spot young talents?

Here are screenshots of my best youngsters:

wwiz2a.jpg

ao5k4o.jpg

juk00y.jpg

2u5sww0.jpg

30cyivs.jpg

aa9b9x.jpg

Hope that works, I've never uploaded any screenshots before!

As for scouting, I set all my scouts to look for players 18 and under. I also look at key international u-19 and u-21 games, and check out players who have impressed. I look at far more players than I'd ever consider signing, but when you find someone worthwhile, it makes the effort seem worthwhile. I also focus on looking at clubs who I know have good youth systems (I'm sure I saw a list online somewhere for this). In short, lots of searching! I'll take a punt on someone whose stats impress me, even if my scouts aren't always 100% sure. In reality, a player for a couple of million may in the long run be worth far more. Its a risk worth taking if the money isn't desperately needed elsewhere to improve the squad.

Hows your game going?

Archived