FM13: Leeds United - Marching On Together

NorthernGooner

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently top of the league after 15 games in the first season! I signed Alan Tate, Neil Kilkenny and Nouha Dicko. How's everyone else doing? Trying to work out if I've created a super tactic or not :D.

I don't know if the new finances are accurate or not, but it sure makes unbelievable reading for the hardened Leeds FM player :)

Ironically, after all the years of selling hard to raise cash in order to improve the side, there are some cracking free signings available on the transfer update:

Very good - Macnelly Torres AMC & Simon Vukcevic AMC/AML/R (should get w/ps), Walter Lopez, DL.

Good - Marcos DR, Gustavo DC, Steve Gohouri DC, Danilo Bueno MR/AMR, Adrian Pimenta ML/AML, Mota ST/AMR/AML, Gaston Cellerino ST, Pedro Oldoni, ST.

SI have 'fixed' the minimum release fees of the likes of Nem, Ademilson, Muralha, Doria and Adryan, but Welshace's old mate Mattheus (Flamengo) can now be picked up for £925K. Something of a bargain and a bit like loose change now.

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages_zps1fa5079e.png

First season and i have finished runners up.nice to have a bit of money to start with for a change.having said that i only paid transfer fees for 2 of the 4 signings i made, leandro somoza £1.6m 31 year old d/midd average rating over 47 games was 7.26 did a good job for me in the dm role as i played a 4-5-1 second signing was a guy called sven schipplock £1.3m was tranfer listed played him as a DLF support,30 games 7 as sub 11 goals and 8 assists rotated him with morrison so now for the premiership.and eroupe.

well not been given as much money to spend as i would of liked mid table finish got me £13m to spend on a near new squad of players. only signing so far was gk,david ospina on a free 28k a week but at least i beat of newcastle who also bid for him.positions i still needs are dl,dc mc am/rl st.

I've got offers in for the likes of:

guberti

thiago heleno

daniel carvalho

hrvoje cale

tyrone loran

benjamin auer

Luizao (luiz carlos nasc)

john pantsil

steve olfers

and a few new players who im keeping an eye on as they have minimum fee buy outs.

matias degra.. a fantastic world class argentinian GK with an italian passport who you can get straight away

piotr celeban.. brilliant CB/RB from poland, with a low min fee, but only just signed so will have to wait.

kasper kusk... might have already been mentioned, but has a minimum fee too.

I've got offers in for the likes of:

guberti

thiago heleno

daniel carvalho

hrvoje cale

tyrone loran

benjamin auer

Luizao (luiz carlos nasc)

john pantsil

steve olfers

and a few new players who im keeping an eye on as they have minimum fee buy outs.

matias degra.. a fantastic world class argentinian GK with an italian passport who you can get straight away

piotr celeban.. brilliant CB/RB from poland, with a low min fee, but only just signed so will have to wait.

kasper kusk... might have already been mentioned, but has a minimum fee too.

Carvalho doesn't get a w/p sadly, ditto Waldon Ponce. Vukcevic does.

Have to say i am really finding it hard to bring any good players in been looking for about 3 hours now and so far all ive got 3 playes,david ospina,gk,free dedryck boyata,dc,season loan ,man city and yannick djalo,amr cost 500,000.and thats it any help or tips would be welcome going to try and stick with my 4-5-1.

Have to say i am really finding it hard to bring any good players in been looking for about 3 hours now and so far all ive got 3 playes,david ospina,gk,free dedryck boyata,dc,season loan ,man city and yannick djalo,amr cost 500,000.and thats it any help or tips would be welcome going to try and stick with my 4-5-1.

I'm 7 months behind you in game, so I can't help too much. However:

I suggest you scout Croatia (joins EU), Denmark and the Czech Republic as these Countries have the cheaper Regens.

Is Masiela getting games for South Africa? If so he'll get a w/p, is Prem quality and inexpensive. Has Ignacio Scocco been picked up?

There is an U21's shortlist on FM base which is worth a look at. A lot of good prospects are transfer listed in the secons season, likes of Juan Angel Roman etc.

thanks nicko, will take a look.how are you doing so far with your team i wanted to play a 4-4-2 but teams were destroying me i personally think you need a good dm/anchor man to help out the defence i also took most of the cf away from the back four to cut out silly passes not pretty football at times but it got me promotion.

thanks nicko, will take a look.how are you doing so far with your team i wanted to play a 4-4-2 but teams were destroying me i personally think you need a good dm/anchor man to help out the defence i also took most of the cf away from the back four to cut out silly passes not pretty football at times but it got me promotion.

I'm using this (V3):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2/

It is absolutely rock solid. If I'm chasing a game I use the Modern Warfare tactic, it is linked in the Joy is Back thread and (I think) is on FM Base. It is a very powerful attacking tactic.

Finished 7th first season, trying to bring in English lower league players and players through youth team, Dawson, Poleon, Denton, Byram, Lees all play parts this season, Luke Murphy from Crewe was a good signing, lacks mobility though, and also Forrester has been a great signing. Will do a proper update once I rebuild the squad this season

Also have a look at Conte's 3-5-2 formation http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7554

I'm having some great results with this and playing some cracking football on the latest patch, having started a new game!

yephx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lufc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Took a long time to get into this year's game. But now getting a Leeds game underway. Finally developed my own tactic from scratch that took Dortmund through an undefeated season on FM Classic.

Briefly started a classic game with Leeds, but going to revert to full version. (I like Classic, but want more control.)

It is nice to start with money.

In my brief start with Classic version, Morison is great, I signed Will Hughes, Anthony Pilkington, and Seamus Coleman (deadline day loan.)

The tactic is showing signs of working well here too - but not likely to go undefeated with this squad. There are a lot of players that will show as debutants even without additional signings, so they may have settling time required.

Hopefully changing to full version only really adds teamtalks to factor in as far as any affect on the tactic go.

It does mean that I will be doing transfers from scratch again. Will probably look to sign a CB this time though - any suggestions from those that have started since new patch?

It's great to see that the thread is a bit livelier.

I'm just coming into December 2012 in my new 13.3.2 Leeds save and we're going well, using the tactics I mentioned at post 418 above we're unbeaten. I found the new board to be very prepared to accomodate requests and they agreed to improve the youth level and upgrade the youth and training facilities straight away. They also agreed to a domestic feeder club and increased the wage budget when requested in late August.

I signed the players I tipped at post 408 and additionally spent money on:

Sebastian Viera GK (£500K) Junior. He can be unsettled very easily but it's then a lottery as to what price Junior want for him.

Marco Torsigliera, DC (£2M) Metalist. A Premiership quality Central Defender.

Matheus AMC/L (£925K) Flamengo. One of the few young Brazilian players with an affordable minimum release fee on 13.3.2.

Renato, MC (£95K) Botafogo. The ex Sevilla man, a bit 'long in the tooth' with his legs going but way good enough at game start.

Leandro Guerreiro, DMC/MC (£150K), Cruzeiro. As with Renato, way good enough for the Championship.

Carles Planas, DL (£275K) Barcelona B. Transfer listed along with Sergi Gomez, DC in late August. He's hard to land, dropping through and out of your filter; but if you can get him he's quality. I could not get Gomez to sign.

I found the initial wage budget a little tricky as there is very little room to maneuver and, as IRL most of the dead wood has been cleared out, to aid this; I loaned out Ashdown, Peltier, Pearce, Drury, Tonge, Norris, Varney, Hall & McCormack; sold Brown, Somma and Pugh (recall him from loan and you can sell him easily), and; released Connoly and Bromby using the unwanted list.

With a view to selling from mid November, I gave games to Warnock (£1.9M),Green (£1.7M), Diouf (£750K) & Austin (£3.3M). I gave up on Austin after his 3rd sending of - that agression stat?

Arriving on 1.1.13 are:

Carlos Fierro (£3.7M) met the agreed price after initially taking him on loan.

Giancarlo Maldonando, ST (£220K) Deportivo Tachira. Decent Premiership quality at a bargain price.

Tsepo Masilela, DL (£800K).

Anthony Vanden Borre, versatile (£65K). What a steal.

Agustin Allione, AMR/MR (£2.9M) Velez. One of the quality young Argentinians who've had a boost on the patch, but one you can actually buy (try and get a price for Gino Pereuzzi & Lucas Romero?).

I also did a deal for Simao, DMC Mozambique but could not get a w/p for him on 13.3.2.

So loving the new patch - it's great to have support after all the years of wheeling & dealing.

LeedsUnited_FixturesSchedule-3_zps5577567c.png

my signings for second season hopefully these will keep me in premier division have high hopes for ince and hughes english as well.pre season went ok good result against Anderlecht at home which hopefully has shown me what i can do at home against the middle to lower end teams which will hopefully keep me in prem.

Leeds_TransfersHistory-5_zps88d66bef.png

Was trying to build a young British side on the new patch but was proving too expensive, plus our youngsters aren't good enough, but I will still continue to press ahead using them with my foreign future stars. Came 7th first season this season aiming for play offs, not sure I want to go up as team probably isn't good enough still. Team is:

Heinz

Byram - Lees - Hutchinson - White

Vass

L Murphy - Romero

Snodgrass ---------------------------- Forrester

Morison

Ashdown, Pearce, Lichaj, Taylor, Green, Ross Mc, Luke James, Chris Dawson, Denton, Austin, Poleon and a few others who I can't offload as of yet make up the rotation. I'm excited about my back 4 growing together and I think I'm one CM short of massive potential there. Wingers are good enough and could make the step up with a bit more competition maybe, I have a regen whose 4.5* from Crewe for the future but he's only 15. Need another striker badly.

Well, that painstakingly long month is out of the way. (July at the start of any new game. :))

Made 3 signings so far - at DC, Martin Hinteregger (1.3m from Red Bull Salzburg) who can also play LB.

At CM, to play a DLP support role - Jonas Svensson (400k from Rosenborg) who can play on the wing too.

And at AMC, because I want to slap Will Hughes every time I see that FM pic for him, I went to Boca for Leandro Paredes. (4m)

All the fees are spread over a few years so I still have money available despite only selling Pugh so far - and Peltier on loan with a view to a deal.

I would maybe bring in a RB before the window shuts, but don't have to. I've made a one year offer to Pantsil, but would maybe prefer someone for a longer term utility role. (A younger player who can back up Byram at RB, but also be worth keeping for my inevitable ;) promotion. (Maybe getting carried away after a good start to preseason!)

At the moment my line up to start the season will be:

-----------------Kenny

Byram-----Lees------Hinteregger---Warnock

Diouf----Svennson----Austin--------White

------------Paredo

-----------------------Morison

With Pearce, covering the CBs, Green covering Byram as well as the CM roles, Varney alternating with White at LM, McCormack alternating at the demanding AMC role with Paredo, and Habibou and Somma backing up Morison. Hall, Norris, Tonge, and Brown offer backup to the midfield, but my temptation is to look for another player here. (And finding a long term GK is another aim but that may wait also.)

But I may leave it for now, and save the funds for later, when those players that may sign for a top Championship club, that can also be 4* Premier Division players are a bit more willing to sign for me.

David ospina is out of contract at end of first season so you can pick him up for nothing,mr woodz

Thanks - I'll keep an eye on him. He ended up signing for Barcelona in my other game though so we'll see how that goes. And that CB many mention - Okore - signed for PSG in this Leeds game so I had no chance there. :)

He wouldn't even enter discussion.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/349278-4411-1st-Season-Quadruple-%28Dortmund%29-League-Record-W30-D4-F92-A16 is a thread I've started in tactic upload to show the one I created, and am using for Leeds. Fingers crossed it works out.

A Leeds save where you can spend money from the off?! This is perhaps the most fun I've had with a save since FM07!

DbbYnuE.png

I was fairly comfortable throughout the season, a slight wobble in January but some astute transfer dealings (helped by GFH injecting some more cash in January based upon new objectives) soon got me back on track.

zQhI0fM.png

Quickly snapped up Bothroyd and Mackie from QPR as there were other teams sniffing around, Bothroyd was a revelation!

We were desperately lacking in width so I picked up Junior Stanislas from Burnley for 600k up front and 1.2 million over two years, he did fairly well getting lots of assists.

Wasn't surprised to see both Jerome Thomas and Danny Batth transfer listed in January so I immediately bought them in for very reasonable fees. Also got Palacios on loan on deadline day but he was either injured, getting sent off or generally not performing.

Steve Morison and Bothroyd were clinical up front, nice to see Byram get a deserved boost in the patch too.

wTJr3b7.png

6Rk7DCJ.png

I have a lot of players who are comfortable in a variety of positions but my 1st XI looks something like this

Kenny

Byram - Lees - Batth - Warnock

Thomas - Green - Austin - White

Bothroyd - Morison

matfrith - some nice stats for Morison, but maybe you should ask his International boss how to get more out of him! ;)

Completely agree on Byram, and having money to spend. I have now deleted my editor files. :) Now to see how I get on...

matfrith - some nice stats for Morison, but maybe you should ask his International boss how to get more out of him! ;)

Completely agree on Byram, and having money to spend. I have now deleted my editor files. :) Now to see how I get on...

He was playing second fiddle to Bothroyd, must be Bale providing goals for him at Wales!

Byram's been in the U21's since January for me, worth £4m now.

So spending spree over we're left with this team

Heinz

Byram - Lees - Hutchinson - White

Vass - Romero

Redmond - Knockart - Snodgrass

Austin

Upon promotion I will sign another gk, cb, cm and winger and begin to plan my assault on the prem

Gutted, just lost to Bristol City in the play off semi final after a 2-2 away leg then a 2-1 return leg :(

I need to pick myself up and dust myself off and come again next year, can anyone cheer me up? Annoyingly I was top for a while then suffered major injuries and went on an 11 game streak without a win!

I'm using this (V3):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2/

It is absolutely rock solid. If I'm chasing a game I use the Modern Warfare tactic, it is linked in the Joy is Back thread and (I think) is on FM Base. It is a very powerful attacking tactic.

I think he was trying to develop his own tactic..

Guys - I need a decent keeper to replace Kenny, only have a couple of million!?

Craig Gordon - have his stats declined too far after his injury?

Carrizo/Khune/Ustari/Andujar/Vilar on frees - if they are still available?

I'm about 3 months behind you in game, but these GK are transfer listed:

Carlos Kameni, Degra (mentioned by Welshace), Magno Novaes, Ricardo Berna, Tiago (Ceara), Lauro (Internacional).

Has Seb Viera moved from Junior? Fernando Henrique usually runs his contract down and you might get him for a decent price? At the younger end, Kapino has been tipped here previously; can go on to be Greek national GK.

Craig Gordon - have his stats declined too far after his injury?

Carrizo/Khune/Ustari/Andujar/Vilar on frees - if they are still available?

I'm about 3 months behind you in game, but these GK are transfer listed:

Carlos Kameni, Degra (mentioned by Welshace), Magno Novaes, Ricardo Berna, Tiago (Ceara), Lauro (Internacional).

Has Seb Viera moved from Junior? Fernando Henrique usually runs his contract down and you might get him for a decent price? At the younger end, Kapino has been tipped here previously; can go on to be Greek national GK.

Thanks Nicko, I ended up buying Jake Kean from Blackburn as I didn't get a reply in time on the thread! I know for next time. However I am sitting top of the league after 17 games so things are looking up!

What a great first season back in the Premiership!

oAoaYQS.png

Had to go to Anfield and get a result on the last day to finish sixth, it didn't really mean too much as I had beat Arsenal in the League Cup final to qualify for Europe, but it's always nice to finish as high as you can.

0ANrlru.png

XbkrwRP.png

I was expecting a bit more cash from GFH in the summer, although I thought I made some pretty decent acquisitions. I couldn't resist bring back Howson and Delph and they are much better than Austin and Green anyway, unfortunately they both got injured for three months so I bought in Parolo in January who performed really well.

Carizzo was solid enough and Estigarribia was a great signing on a free, he only asked for around £4k p/w in wages too, effective at both LB and LM. I was initially sceptical about Tate but due to his price I didn;t really have anything to lose, another solid performer.

wcecOf4.png

However the stand out transfer had to be Ogbonna, he was on the transfer list by request at Torino so I swooped without hesitation. The guy is a man mountain, risen to £9 million in value and was part of the young defence I have which has done so well.

2XufovR.png

Once again Morison had a fantastic season, linking up with his new partner..

GIJgPb5.png

Simon Cox. What a season for a striker who had only ever scored one Premiership goal before!

As with most transfers I make the fee was staggered so I think I only paid £1.5 million up front, most teams want ridiculous money for their strikers on the game so I'm glad I picked him up fairly cheap. Shame the Republic don't seem to like him though.

The XI that saw Leeds back among their rightful place in England's elite looked like this.

Carrizo

Tate - Lees - Ogbonna - Warnock

Byram - Howson - Parolo - Estigarribia

Cox - Morison

Amos, White, Batth, Delph, Green, Redmond, Choupo-Moting

I'll probably need to improve the team a bit to deal with the Europa League as well next season, although there's well over £10 million in the transfer budget at the end of the season.

Also GFH have agreed to my requests to upgrade the training and youth facilities and buy back Elland Road.

Haven't had the Austin red card issue yet - although he has had an International one.

I have seen the most idiotic own goal ever - thanks FM match engine for Tom Lees' wonderful effort where he flicked on a long clearance and Paddy ran out of the way! (And Lees got back in time to clear but ran over the top of the ball!?!?)

I've had one defeat so far - where I got a Diouf red card issue - he got a second yellow for an alleged dive. But that is nothing compared to Michael Brown. After an hour of my home game against Ipswich, Austin was on a yellow and was tiring, so I brought on Michael Brown after 62 minutes. He got sent off in the 66th minute for a SECOND YELLOW!?!?

Yes - a wonderful 2 yellows in 4 minutes - and now he's concerned for me fining him a week's wage. I know players don't like a fine when it is 2 yellows and not a straight red. But he is an idiot.

Below are my results so far:

207890_2013-03-09_00002.png

And below are my transfers so far:

207890_2013-03-09_00003.png

They are on the young side, but basically trust my tactic to work enough that I always think ahead to being in European competitions so prefer to have people signed up before 18. I've also agreed a deal for Sy - a Marseille goalkeeper that will be my back up from January onwards. (To Paddy initially - but someone else as soon as possible.)

Thanks SGartz. It's my own version of this.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2

Tweaked slightly to become a bit more defensive as I was conceding more than I'd like initially.

Thought I'd conceded more goals using the same tactic on 13.3 too, I've just looked at the Championship table and we conceded 48! This is a good 13 goals or more across the season than on all previous saves (Leeds/Pompey etc). Can you ask please, what tweaks did you make?

Archived