FM13: Leeds United - Marching On Together

NorthernGooner

Yeah, that pace and determination is just stunning.

Most pleasing is that his personality is 'professional' and one of his main strengths according my assistant manager is 'important matches' .... looks like he's all set to become a fan favourite at some point :D.

Talking of fan favourites... take a look at Boudjemaa now.. still in the first season... 18 for passing.. :O

Ng8iF.png?1

I've been re-training him to play at AMR .. thinking he can become my own little Ben Arfa.. but he's struggling to learn to play there.. guess he doesn't really have enough potential :(.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was doing Brilliantly, either in the hole behind my striker or on the right wing cutting in... goals, assists and POM's all over the place...

Unfortunately, had to abandon the save as I noticed a few issues with my game world setup.. So going to start again... probably not with Leeds for a bit though.

Boudjemaa will be coming wherever I am though :D

He was doing Brilliantly, either in the hole behind my striker or on the right wing cutting in... goals, assists and POM's all over the place...

Unfortunately, had to abandon the save as I noticed a few issues with my game world setup.. So going to start again... probably not with Leeds for a bit though.

Boudjemaa will be coming wherever I am though :D

Have you played him as MCa as well?

careful about using him there in a 4 man midfield though... he doesn't really add anything defensively remember...

for me he was playing in essentially a 3 man triangle so had plenty of backup defensively.

Will be using him with MR/ML (Wingers) & MCd (BWM) Austin.

What I meant with Adryan as backup was Boudjemaa will be first pick in the MCa role & when hes injured or Kna*kered Adryan will fill in that role.

Sorry should have explained it better.

It must be the modship :D

Congrats BTW

Managed to make midtable first 2 seasons 13th and 14th respectively, decided to just go for it this season with a lot of the deadwood from previous seasons gone and am now way over budget and losing money like the ridsdale era... Living the dream ay? currently in the playoffs but had quite a few injuries especially to McCormack who's out for 2 months now :(

Team at the moment

GK - Kenny (cant find anyone else but he will be gone after this season)

RB - Bernard Mendy/Lichaj (brought in Mendy and he's been awesome really)

CBs - Lees and Pearce (awesome, had bids for them but i cant let my big players go even for 5 or so million)

LB - Antonio Lopez/Lichaj (Lopez started badly but has grew into it)

DMC - Austin/Welsh

MR - Byram/Dyer/Snodgrass (Snoddy is injured and i like Byram at right wing and Dyer gives me pace if i need it)

ML White/Townsend (Townsend as backup to the ever improving White, free loans can do no harm i suppose lol)

AMC - Jordi Gomez/McGowan (both really have been brilliant for me if one isnt working one game the other will)

STC - Becchio/McCormack (Becchio is dropping off a bit this season so McCormack fights it out with him for this spot)

STC - Movsisyan/Jackson (took a huge risk on Movsisyan as he's the reason im so over budget was on a free but he's on prem wages but he's been worth it as he works so well with Ross )

But yeah need promotion this season else key players will be on their way so im hoping theres no massive injuries to more players halfway through and its gone well but aint got the money for players in January so im hoping its enough :)

I started as usual with my beloved Leeds on the demo as my game is arriving on the 25th December, so I thought I'd get going into the first season. First of all. Where is my money? haha. 250k so it was always looking like loans unless I could get rid of a few deadwood. Connolly & Rackhubka left for 200K. Leaving me with just over 400K but not great ammounts of wages so I decided loans was definately the way forward so I adjusted my budget up on wages.

I personally thought I needed a better centre midfield, Austin looks good, and I always like to play a 4-4-2 at home and 4-5-1 away from home.

Kenny, Drury, Lees, Pearce, Peltier, White, Austin, Green, Diouf, Becchio, McCormack (With either Becchio / McCormack rotating with Norris / Brown when away)

Friendlies I started well, though playing lower league teams, I won all apart from 2-2 draw away at York. I also maged to get a 1-1 draw at home to PSG and only just lost 2-1 to Valencia. McCormack the main man after Becchio got injured for 4 months :(

I signed Glen Whelan and Cameron Jerome on loan from Stoke and Chris Herd from Aston Villa for the season.

Drury followed Connolly out for 120K and in came veteran Grosso for left back on a free transfer. I also spent 100k on a 15 year old called Frank Dobson from a lower league team (Can't remember who) I'm typing from memory at work, but looks a massive prospect.

Loaned in a young Norwich goal keeper after Kenny was ruled out for 2 months, Ashdown replacing him as number 1 for now.

New contracts for Diouf, Thompson and Gimpel.

Loans out for Cairns, Poleon, Thompson.

Season started well enough 2 draws (Hull, Blackpool) and 3 wins (Barnsley, Wolves & Peterboro) in the league put me top with 11 points. A 4-2 win against Oldham after extra time in the league cup followed by a 2-1 loss to Watford in the next round (played a weakened team after my players weren't fully fit. Cardiff City then went and beat me 4-1 in the league, Bellamy getting a Hat-Trick after decided to mark him closely backfired big style.

McCormack having an awesome season with 10 goals in all competetions and being watched by Celtic.

Austin, Lees & Pearce's average rating all very high and Pearce and Lees are becoming a brilliant pairing at the centre.

Jerome still yet to find the net and Whelan struggling, but with the window closed, I might aswell keep them and see if they improve any.

Grosso been quality, reliable but sometimes struggling with the language barrier.

Diouf hit & miss, either brilliant, or getting himself sent off.

Herd had been a good versatile player, can play right back or midfield.

Now lying 6th and in the playoffs and quite happy. Will be continuing my season tonight and hopefully keep the white flag flying high :) MOT

Was gonna save this for my end of season update, but this is why I love this game !

4-1 down @ half time in the first leg, monumental effort to get back to 4-3

CAPLeg1.png

Scene was set for a brilliant night at Elland Road

CAPLeg2.png

First final in our first season back in the Prem, and beating them lot as well.

Was gonna save this for my end of season update, but this is why I love this game !

4-1 down @ half time in the first leg, monumental effort to get back to 4-3

CAPLeg1.png

Scene was set for a brilliant night at Elland Road

CAPLeg2.png

First final in our first season back in the Prem, and beating them lot as well.

Lovely result-any result that LUFC beat the MUFC Sc*m is good :D

Its 2016 and following my first season promotion I've won the League Cup last two years and FA Cup last year as well as finishing 4th, and I've just qualified for knockout stages of the CL. I'm trying to build a British team mainly as I always do, however I lack a proper Anchor man DM, Rodwell plays there and he's alright but he's not a destroyer type. My team currently lines up

Atkinson

Walker - Regen - S Xulu - White

Rodwell

Ward-Prowse - W Hughes

Sterling --------------------------- Redmond

Bojan

Atkinson is the one that starts in U18s, he has a random potential I guess, so I probably got lucky, other squad players include:

J Williams

Paloschi

Freeman

Hoilett

A Williams

Trotter

Butland

Byram

Lees

Austin

Maguire

& another regen

Currently third in the league going into xmas

Has anybody tried selling Becchio at start of game. Is it possible?

If you transfer list him and add him to the unwanted list over and over again, you can sell him. It usually takes until well into August though.

I've read that if you employ a capable Director of Football (high attributes in motivating/determination/man management/scouting), then you can sell players through the unwanted list more easily. Not tried this though.

If you transfer list him and add him to the unwanted list over and over again, you can sell him. It usually takes until well into August though.

I've read that if you employ a capable Director of Football (high attributes in motivating/determination/man management/scouting), then you can sell players through the unwanted list more easily. Not tried this though.

Cheers boss!!!

How's it going-bl**dy hard this one

Cheers boss!!!

How's it going-bl**dy hard this one

I've stopped playing the game Elland as it became almost a differant game after the update. The game updated just as I got into November 2012 and it prevented the direction of the save that I was taking - for example too many injuries for the tight squad, no longer able to sell players, etc. So I need to start again really and I haven't got the enthusiasm to do so atm.

well my Leeds save is going pretty well, first season finished 2nd to Wolves and as unbelievable as it sounds won the F.A. cup, although i got a very easy run as the teams i faced were - Wolves, Leicester, Luton, Fulham, Q.P.R. and Norwich in the final:

players in:

Marc-Antoine Fortune - loan fee 5k p/m + 70% wages

Rory Delap - loan fee 2.5k p/m + 50% wages

Danny Wilson - loan 50% wages (in January)

Jari Litmanen - free transfer

Anthony Vanden Borre - free transfer

Wellington Nem - 3.5m (majority over 48m)

Players out:

Leigh Bromby - free (now my DoF)

Andy Gray - free to Luton

Davide Somma - free to Pisa

Danny Pugh - Charlton loan - fee 10k p/m + 100% wages

Paul Connolly - 200k to Burnley

Michael Brown - 140k to Rangers

Paul Rachubka - 190k to Hibs (through DoF, ended up paying 6k per week for 2 years of contract, even though he was on less at Leeds!

Alex Cairns - loan to AFC Wimbledon

Zac Thompson - loan to Rochdale

Charlie Taylor - loan to Morecombe

Fortune was a good loan, 22 goals 6 ass and 6 PoM in 40 games with an average rating of 7.16

Delap was a good loan with 4 goals, 12 ass and 1 PoM averaging 7.24

second season and back were we belong in the premiership, went for a mid table finish for better wage and transfer budgets, got 22m to spend and did above expectations, was 4th in January and was asked if i wanted to change my expectations, went for title challenge and got another 6m to spend finished 3rd, didn't do so well in any of the cups though kept meeting Man city and haven,t won against them yet:

Players in:

Jack Butland - Birmingham 4.5m - tried buying Courtois but he wouldn't come to Leeds, so got Butland instead and is now a full international and my starting GK

Ademilson - Sao Paulo 5.25m (some over 48m) - brilliant talent and did well as a rotation option

Rory Delap - free - did well season before, stats started dropping though so was just backup to first team

Luca Toni - free - was low wages and did well whilst he was here

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke 20.5m (some over 48m) - came in as my first choice CB and is now my Captain, averaged 7.56 and 6 PoM

Mattia Destro - Genoa CFC free - couldn't believe my luck he was on a free, good stats and averaged 7.25 scoring 12 in 24

Danny Wilson - Liverpool loan 100% wages - played really well through season, tried signing him at end of season, snubbed me to go to spurs

January

Denilson - Arsenal 1.5m - was transfer listed in January and i needed to bolster my midfield, has become integral to my team

Benat - loan fee 85k p/m 40% wages Man City - January again, did well but not enough for me to make an offer at end of season

Barry Holmes - Shelbourne 170k - young striker with a potential 4 star rating

Seamus Coleman - Everton 2.5m - Vanden Borre injured and needed a good WB who could perform at this level

Robbie Brady - Shelbourne 230k - another highly rated youngsters my scouts said should be a definite purchase

Rory O'Donoghue - Shelbourne 230k - again my scouts rated him highly though hes not progressing as well as the other Shelbourne youngsters

Vladimir Weiss - Pescara 3.4m - Good stats and still young enough to develop, is a good backup to Wellingto Nem

Simao - free transfer - needed midfielders and this guy came along with some good stats, was a DM, retrained to MC and is now one of my better performers

Players out:

Lee Peltier - 500k Hibs

Dominic Poleon - loan Sheff utd

Sam Byram - loan Barnsley

Danny Pugh - 160k Birmingham

Luke Varney - 250k Birmingham

Becchio - 1.7m Torino

Monty Gimpel - loan Sheff utd

Zac Thompson - Free

Robbie Rogers - free

Joe McCann - free

Nathan Turner - free

Lewis Turner - free

Ross Killock - Free

Charlie Clamp - free

Patrick Antelmi - free

Jamie Ashdown - free

El-Hadji Diouf - free

Jari Litmanen - free

Alex Cairns - loan Accrington

Ramon Nunez - free

January:

Ross McCormack - loan to Rangers 100% wages

Rory O'Donoghue - loan Brentford

now into my third season and have put title challenge as my expectation which netted me 32m in my kitty, so far its January and me and Arsenal are battling it out for top spot at the minute (Arsenal are 6 points ahead of me same games played, im 3 points ahead of Man utd with a game in hand), Chelsea knocked me out of the Capital 1 cup in the 4th round, still in the F.A. cup and the champions league where i finished 2nd in my group (1st PSV, 2nd Leeds, 3rd FC Bayern, 4th Zaragoza) got Schalke in the next round (who i beat and drew against in the euro cup) transfers:

Players in:

Ciaran Clark - West Brom 9.25m - good stats and plays well, bought as a defender but seems more at home in midfield

Inigo Martinez - R.Sociedad 25m (all over 48m) - brilliant stats and scouted as a definite purchase

Moses Kinguru - AJ Auxerre 22.5m (all over 48m) - Wonderkid D/WB bought as backup to White and is doing well in the games he gets

Erick Torres - Chivas 13m - plays good at AMC or ST and is becoming a regular in the team

Tomasz Kuszczak - free - needed a backup to Butland as Kenny is retiring and doesnt get much game time, solid second keeper

Francesco Lovric - free - decent stats, cheap wages, see how he develops

David Villa - loan 100% wages - was offered for 7m, but couldnt afford his wages (he wanted 115k p/w) tried loaning him and they wanted 230k p/m + 80% wages, put him on wanted list and got him for 5 months at no fee and 100% wages through DoF

Players out:

Mattia Destro - Man city 20m (17.5m up front 2.5m after 10 goals) got him for free and should have kept him really but he wanted to go.

Sam Byram - Rangers loan

Luca Toni - free

David Norris - free

Charlie Taylor - free

Alex Cairns - free

Rory O'Donoghue - Brentford loan

Ross McCormack - Bristol City 2m

Monty Gimpel - Notts Co loan

Dominic Poleon - Bolton loan

Dan Atkinson - Scunthorpe loan

Rory Delap - Free

Paul Green - Fulham 775k

Francesco Lovric - Fleetwood loan

my starting line up looks a little like this:

--------------------------Butland

-----------------Lees -- Shawcross -- Martinez

--------Vanden Borre-------------------------White

----------------Denilson -- Simao -- Clark

-----------------------Wellington Nem

-------------------------David Villa

Subs:

Kuzszack

Kisnorbo

Coleman

Kinguru

Weiss

Torres

Ademilson

of the starting Leeds squad, this is whos left:

Paddy Kenny

Tom Lees

Jason Pearce

Patrick Kisnorbo

Aidan White

Rodolph Austin

Club has had many takeover stories, finally one came to be in Oct 14, but when the new chairman took over he said he wouldnt be investing in my squad, another Bates, just what i needed when im battling in 3 competitions!

well my Leeds save is going pretty well, first season finished 2nd to Wolves and as unbelievable as it sounds won the F.A. cup, although i got a very easy run as the teams i faced were - Wolves, Leicester, Luton, Fulham, Q.P.R. and Norwich in the final:

players in:

Marc-Antoine Fortune - loan fee 5k p/m + 70% wages

Rory Delap - loan fee 2.5k p/m + 50% wages

Danny Wilson - loan 50% wages (in January)

Jari Litmanen - free transfer

Anthony Vanden Borre - free transfer

Wellington Nem - 3.5m (majority over 48m)

Players out:

Leigh Bromby - free (now my DoF)

Andy Gray - free to Luton

Davide Somma - free to Pisa

Danny Pugh - Charlton loan - fee 10k p/m + 100% wages

Paul Connolly - 200k to Burnley

Michael Brown - 140k to Rangers

Paul Rachubka - 190k to Hibs (through DoF, ended up paying 6k per week for 2 years of contract, even though he was on less at Leeds!

Alex Cairns - loan to AFC Wimbledon

Zac Thompson - loan to Rochdale

Charlie Taylor - loan to Morecombe

Fortune was a good loan, 22 goals 6 ass and 6 PoM in 40 games with an average rating of 7.16

Delap was a good loan with 4 goals, 12 ass and 1 PoM averaging 7.24

second season and back were we belong in the premiership, went for a mid table finish for better wage and transfer budgets, got 22m to spend and did above expectations, was 4th in January and was asked if i wanted to change my expectations, went for title challenge and got another 6m to spend finished 3rd, didn't do so well in any of the cups though kept meeting Man city and haven,t won against them yet:

Players in:

Jack Butland - Birmingham 4.5m - tried buying Courtois but he wouldn't come to Leeds, so got Butland instead and is now a full international and my starting GK

Ademilson - Sao Paulo 5.25m (some over 48m) - brilliant talent and did well as a rotation option

Rory Delap - free - did well season before, stats started dropping though so was just backup to first team

Luca Toni - free - was low wages and did well whilst he was here

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke 20.5m (some over 48m) - came in as my first choice CB and is now my Captain, averaged 7.56 and 6 PoM

Mattia Destro - Genoa CFC free - couldn't believe my luck he was on a free, good stats and averaged 7.25 scoring 12 in 24

Danny Wilson - Liverpool loan 100% wages - played really well through season, tried signing him at end of season, snubbed me to go to spurs

January

Denilson - Arsenal 1.5m - was transfer listed in January and i needed to bolster my midfield, has become integral to my team

Benat - loan fee 85k p/m 40% wages Man City - January again, did well but not enough for me to make an offer at end of season

Barry Holmes - Shelbourne 170k - young striker with a potential 4 star rating

Seamus Coleman - Everton 2.5m - Vanden Borre injured and needed a good WB who could perform at this level

Robbie Brady - Shelbourne 230k - another highly rated youngsters my scouts said should be a definite purchase

Rory O'Donoghue - Shelbourne 230k - again my scouts rated him highly though hes not progressing as well as the other Shelbourne youngsters

Vladimir Weiss - Pescara 3.4m - Good stats and still young enough to develop, is a good backup to Wellingto Nem

Simao - free transfer - needed midfielders and this guy came along with some good stats, was a DM, retrained to MC and is now one of my better performers

Players out:

Lee Peltier - 500k Hibs

Dominic Poleon - loan Sheff utd

Sam Byram - loan Barnsley

Danny Pugh - 160k Birmingham

Luke Varney - 250k Birmingham

Becchio - 1.7m Torino

Monty Gimpel - loan Sheff utd

Zac Thompson - Free

Robbie Rogers - free

Joe McCann - free

Nathan Turner - free

Lewis Turner - free

Ross Killock - Free

Charlie Clamp - free

Patrick Antelmi - free

Jamie Ashdown - free

El-Hadji Diouf - free

Jari Litmanen - free

Alex Cairns - loan Accrington

Ramon Nunez - free

January:

Ross McCormack - loan to Rangers 100% wages

Rory O'Donoghue - loan Brentford

now into my third season and have put title challenge as my expectation which netted me 32m in my kitty, so far its January and me and Arsenal are battling it out for top spot at the minute (Arsenal are 6 points ahead of me same games played, im 3 points ahead of Man utd with a game in hand), Chelsea knocked me out of the Capital 1 cup in the 4th round, still in the F.A. cup and the champions league where i finished 2nd in my group (1st PSV, 2nd Leeds, 3rd FC Bayern, 4th Zaragoza) got Schalke in the next round (who i beat and drew against in the euro cup) transfers:

Players in:

Ciaran Clark - West Brom 9.25m - good stats and plays well, bought as a defender but seems more at home in midfield

Inigo Martinez - R.Sociedad 25m (all over 48m) - brilliant stats and scouted as a definite purchase

Moses Kinguru - AJ Auxerre 22.5m (all over 48m) - Wonderkid D/WB bought as backup to White and is doing well in the games he gets

Erick Torres - Chivas 13m - plays good at AMC or ST and is becoming a regular in the team

Tomasz Kuszczak - free - needed a backup to Butland as Kenny is retiring and doesnt get much game time, solid second keeper

Francesco Lovric - free - decent stats, cheap wages, see how he develops

David Villa - loan 100% wages - was offered for 7m, but couldnt afford his wages (he wanted 115k p/w) tried loaning him and they wanted 230k p/m + 80% wages, put him on wanted list and got him for 5 months at no fee and 100% wages through DoF

Players out:

Mattia Destro - Man city 20m (17.5m up front 2.5m after 10 goals) got him for free and should have kept him really but he wanted to go.

Sam Byram - Rangers loan

Luca Toni - free

David Norris - free

Charlie Taylor - free

Alex Cairns - free

Rory O'Donoghue - Brentford loan

Ross McCormack - Bristol City 2m

Monty Gimpel - Notts Co loan

Dominic Poleon - Bolton loan

Dan Atkinson - Scunthorpe loan

Rory Delap - Free

Paul Green - Fulham 775k

Francesco Lovric - Fleetwood loan

my starting line up looks a little like this:

--------------------------Butland

-----------------Lees -- Shawcross -- Martinez

--------Vanden Borre-------------------------White

----------------Denilson -- Simao -- Clark

-----------------------Wellington Nem

-------------------------David Villa

Subs:

Kuzszack

Kisnorbo

Coleman

Kinguru

Weiss

Torres

Ademilson

of the starting Leeds squad, this is whos left:

Paddy Kenny

Tom Lees

Jason Pearce

Patrick Kisnorbo

Aidan White

Rodolph Austin

Club has had many takeover stories, finally one came to be in Oct 14, but when the new chairman took over he said he wouldnt be investing in my squad, another Bates, just what i needed when im battling in 3 competitions!

Really good update that.

Destro ran his contract down on my save too, but was put off by his wage demands.

when i got Destro he wanted 90k p/w, got him to 75k p/w going up to 83k p/w after 10 games, he was definitely worth it, he got in team of year and netted me 20m from city, only problem is i had Wellington Nem and Shawcross (Shawcross was my top earner before Destro on 42k p/w) on match top earner clauses which doubled there wages, but lesson learnt that clause is the first to go now when i try signing someone.

when i got Destro he wanted 90k p/w, got him to 75k p/w going up to 83k p/w after 10 games, he was definitely worth it, he got in team of year and netted me 20m from city, only problem is i had Wellington Nem and Shawcross (Shawcross was my top earner before Destro on 42k p/w) on match top earner clauses which doubled there wages, but lesson learnt that clause is the first to go now when i try signing someone.

I have Fernando on a match highest clause (found it impossible to sign him without it) and signing Destro would have have bumped him too. I've got Nem agitating for a new contract at the beginning of the 2013/14 season and he wants a match highest clause included as well - unfortunately he has the same agent as Fernando. I've managed to keep him 'on side' through the talk to player option, but this will not get me through the season. The problem is I don't think I'll be able to negotiate out the clause.

its a pain, Wellington Nem is one of my best players and my staff are telling me he wants a new contract, but i dont know if i can afford what he will ask for, i played his contract all wrong when i signed him really!

good news is though i managed to get 6m in January from board (although i had to go begging) and signed Granit Xhaka, his stats aren't brilliant but my scouts all rate him at 4.5 stars and he was transfer listed by request so paid 5m up front and 5m over 48 months, but lost Ademilson with a broken ankle and David VIllas loan ended and he wouldnt renew it.

Quick end of season 2 update...

Major news in the January window was the signing of Thomas Ince, £9m all over 48 months had to be done, he should be quality for a lot of years to come. I also always try and get Boyata, he's always massively underrated by Man City, and turns out to be very useful indeed, and a bargain. Eardley also has brilliant stats for a fullback.

PremTransfers1Jan.png

We finished a respectable 6th in the table, a tired and small squad towards the end of the season stopped us realistically challenging for a Champions League spot, but a very good performance 1st year back in the Premier.

PremLeague1.png

Highlight though has to be the first piece of silverware, following on from our heroics in the Semi, we did a real number on Man City in the Final, they must've been gutted! Always nice when this happens in your favour!

CAPFinal.png

So a Europa League spot secured for next season...

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed that people are quick to get rid of Michael Brown? Has anybody utilised him?

kept him around as a backup DM to austin. he did fine. not a bad tutor for younger players as well. he can be a bit frustrating though because a) he takes ludicrous long shots and b) is a yellow card magnet

Got the game yesterday. Spent a good few hours updating all the CAs and PAs of all the teams in the top two divisions, including ours.

Not sure what to do with Finances though. Put the transfer budget at a couple of million, hiked the wage budget up, but not sure what to do with the Sugar Daddy option and the Balance. Any suggestions? Background?

You play him as an anchor man?

Yeah I have a couple of versions of my tactic he is an anchor man in one and DM support in the passing/attacking version. He has been pretty good filling in for an injured austin but as I said you need to be aware and turn his tackling down once he picks up that first yellow because just like irl he often looks like a man who will soon be sent off.

Yeah I have a couple of versions of my tactic he is an anchor man in one and DM support in the passing/attacking version. He has been pretty good filling in for an injured austin but as I said you need to be aware and turn his tackling down once he picks up that first yellow because just like irl he often looks like a man who will soon be sent off.

Definitely my favourite player. What he did to Karacan (through a perfectly legitimate tackle) was brilliant.

Sums up this game, really.

leedsunitedvmiddlesbrou.png

Dominated the entire half, crafting out some great chances, super 'keeper over there is playing out of his skin and we concede from their only half-decent chance after failing to clear a corner.

Funny how this never happens in reverse.

Next game, same thing. Battered Brighton off the park, conceded twice in stoppage time and lost 2-3. I don't know what the **** else I can do. Cbf with this.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, where are people finding success with Becchio in terms of his role? I want to play him as a lone forward but not sure which role to play him in.

Have had success with him as DLF Support in a 41221 formation. Obviously he is not particularly creative but if you keep his passing short and CF low what he will do is come deep to receive a pass use his strength to hold it up, play a short pass and then move forward into the box to get onto crosses (has 13 goals in 19 games in my current save). Also in my more direct version tactic (ie the 'Warnock Way') he works well as a target man support - will win his fair share of headers if you want to play that way.

I know others have sold him on but he is the closest we have at the moment to a leeds hero so I just can't bring myself to do that even though he doesn't really fit the way I would prefer to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I picked up FM2013 this weekend and i just started my game with super leeds united. The transfer budget looks really tight which doesn't surprise me (Thanks uncle Ken) so i'm looking to sell to fund some purchases through selling reserves. So far i've offloaded Kisnorbo on the cheap and loaned out some youngsters. I've brought in Formica and Zanetti and i couldn't get a WP for Majeed. There are 5 days left in the August and i've got serious scouting taking place in scandanavia because i feel i need another striker before the transfer window closes. I'm trying to sell Becchio, Diouf and potentially a CM before the end of the window to get some funds.

In relation to matches i beat Port Vale in the first round of the league cup and have won 2 and drawn 1 in my opening league games (Bolton 2-0, Sheff Wednesday 2-2, Charlton 3-2) but i was 2-0 vs wednesday so i'm still disappointed that's it's not 100% record. Varney, McCormack, Formica and Lees have been pretty solid so far.

Look forward to keeping you up to date with my progress!

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed that people are quick to get rid of Michael Brown? Has anybody utilised him?

I used him a lot in the 1st season, he turned in some good performances. 2nd season onwards he was only a backup. When his contract ran out I released him on a free.

Hey guys! I'm looking to start a new save with leeds, but I want to include the new owners and players from january transfer. The players is easy to tix, but the owners I'm not really sure. Which type of owner whould you think they are? sugar daddys and/or which one?

Hey guys! I'm looking to start a new save with leeds, but I want to include the new owners and players from january transfer. The players is easy to tix, but the owners I'm not really sure. Which type of owner whould you think they are? sugar daddys and/or which one?

I think every Leeds fan in the Country is wondering about this one : )

I've just completed a cracking season! I am not a big fan of clearing out half the squad and replacing with foreign starlets (*looks at Nick ;) I like to 'keep it real'

My only signing of the season was the loan signing of Darren Pratley from Bolton, and then I loaned Marc Albrighton, Ayila Yussuf and Kyle Naughton in Jan.

I gave all the squad some game time, but decided on performances to let Bromby (injured for what seemed like ever!), Connolly, Norris, Brown and Rachubka go for free in Jan.

My tactics were to mimic Conte's wingbacks system at Juve, which to my joy worked a treat with Michael Brown in the 'Pirlo' role (big lols!) and then Yussuf taking over in Jan. White and Byram as my wingbacks/wingers bombing forwards were awesome for me.

The formation seemed to bring the best out of everyone, especially to my suprise Davide Somma who finished the season with 12 goals and 9 assists! Top scorer was McCormack with 17 goals and 5 assists followed then by Becchio with 11 goals and 7 assists (a bit of a poor season for him really).

I finished the season 4th and narrowly lost out in my play-off semi final, losing 4-1 in the first leg (ffs!) then winning the return home leg 2-0, but losing 4-3 on agg. Gutted!

However, I was only 1 point from second and 7 points from top. A poor spell around Feb due to injuries to key players resulted in a 6 match winless run.

All in all though I enjoyed the season, one of my greatest achiements taking this squad of donkeys to 1 point away from automatic promotion!

My mission now is to find a Pirlo clone and a poacher striker and come back stronger next year! Marchin' on together boys!!!

Archived