Sports Interactive Community
NorthernGooner

FM13: Leeds United - Marching On Together

Check out his value after a dozen or so games, as soon as I spotted this I offered the £1.5m in the transfer clause in his loan (500k now, £1m over 48 months), had to have him now before he attracts bigger teams and wouldn't sign.

Fetfatzidis.png

You've found a good 'un there Macca!

On increased transfer value - trigger Nem's £3.5M min release clause and he's immediately worth £8.75M. A lot of money in the Championship.

You've found a good 'un there Macca!

On increased transfer value - trigger Nem's £3.5M min release clause and he's immediately worth £8.75M. A lot of money in the Championship.

Yeah, I'm delighted with it to be honest, I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop. I've already nicknamed him the Greek Messi (Look at his height and weight!)

@Welshace, loving Strandberg, he's on my radar for January / next season (along with the Danish kid Cornelius), keep us posted with how we develops mate. Also liking Cresswell, Grosso was a hasty backup for White for a season, but Cresswell looks like he might be a good option, do you think he's good enough for prem ?

I'm just into February 2013 in my Leeds save. Changes to the squad as follows:

Transfers in:

Kiko Fermenia (Barcelona).

Carlos Planaz (Barcelona).

Sergi Gomez (Barcelona).

Ezequiel Munoz (Palermo)really pleased with this signing.

Gege (Botafogo).

Pedro Paulo (Cruzeiro).

Douglas Santos (Nautico).

The three Barcelona players were transfer listed, as was Munoz. I triggered the minimum release fees for the three Brazilians.

Transfers Out:

Wescley.

Paul Green.

Rodolf Austin.

Jason Pearce (£4.2M).

Rogers.

Lastuvka.

From previous saves I discovered that you can sell well prior to the January transfer window, but struggle during it.

So the squad is pretty strong and we're going well, top of the League and with a Carling Cup Final to look forward to. The financial position is good too, but am running with a £300K monthly deficit on 48 month deals and so will need to claw this back with sales at season end.

Nicko, what sort of fee did you get for Rogers & Green, they can both go in my Jaunary window to raise funds...

Nicko, what sort of fee did you get for Rogers & Green, they can both go in my Jaunary window to raise funds...

I gave Green the odd game and he came off the bench most games - so Southampton paid his value (£1.7M) :) He's a good player, but as you can sell him easily enough, and you can get better £1.7M is v good money. Use him and you'll sell him.

Rogers went at £500k over 48. He gets games while on loan and so in the games I've played there is interest in him. In this save he went to Wednesday, they might have paid his value on the nose but I wanted rid.

Although I'm doing really well in my 1st season in the premiership I think I'm going to start a new save once I get home. Seeing people paying £875K for Adryan in the 1st season where as I payed £20.5m at the start of the second is really bugging me. Think I can put a much better squad together as well after going through a couple of saves.

Targets are going to be:

Stefanos Kapino - Greek goalkeeper, hopefully be able to get for around £150k

Antony Vanden Borre

Stefan Strandberg

Aaron Cresswell - Possibly see what my scouts say and depending on price

Jonas Svensson - £800k

Oskar Hiljemark - £900k

Joel Pohjanpalo - £100k

Adryan - £875k

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Ademilson - £5.25m

Although I'm doing really well in my 1st season in the premiership I think I'm going to start a new save once I get home. Seeing people paying £875K for Adryan in the 1st season where as I payed £20.5m at the start of the second is really bugging me. Think I can put a much better squad together as well after going through a couple of saves.

Targets are going to be:

Stefanos Kapino - Greek goalkeeper, hopefully be able to get for around £150k

Antony Vanden Borre

Stefan Strandberg

Aaron Cresswell - Possibly see what my scouts say and depending on price

Jonas Svensson - £800k

Oskar Hiljemark - £900k

Joel Pohjanpalo - £100k

Adryan - £875k

Wellington Nem - £3.5m

Ademilson - £5.25m

Cracking list, suggest that you add Doria & Muralha to your targets due to their v low min release fees. They get w/ps. Doria in particular is showing at 4 & 1/2* the same as Nem/Ademilson/Adryan! At £525K you can not go wrong. If you can't afford Cresswell, you might want to have a look at Jan Lecjaks; nowhere as good but good enough.

Cracking list, suggest that you add Doria & Muralha to your targets due to their v low min release fees. They get w/ps. Doria in particular is showing at 4 & 1/2* the same as Nem/Ademilson/Adryan! At £525K you can not go wrong. If you can't afford Cresswell, you might want to have a look at Jan Lecjaks; nowhere as good but good enough.

Thanks for the heads up, not sure if I will be able to afford them all mind. May have to have a couple to join in the next summer so I actually have the funds so I can still get them at the cheap price, although I'm not sure when you start paying the fee so that may not be possible.

Yeah, I'm delighted with it to be honest, I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop. I've already nicknamed him the Greek Messi (Look at his height and weight!)

@Welshace, loving Strandberg, he's on my radar for January / next season (along with the Danish kid Cornelius), keep us posted with how we develops mate. Also liking Cresswell, Grosso was a hasty backup for White for a season, but Cresswell looks like he might be a good option, do you think he's good enough for prem ?

Will do... Cresswell is lacking in the composure area as well as a few other niggles but he's solid... that being said, I think I'll probably get rid if a suitably big offer comes in after his success this year, and get in a jack robinson or luke shaw (if they've developed)...

It should be noted that Lee Wallace would have been my first choice WBL ... he went to Q.P.R though and has been getting rave reviews... 4 POM awards in 7 games in fact.... amazing.

Thanks for the heads up, not sure if I will be able to afford them all mind. May have to have a couple to join in the next summer so I actually have the funds so I can still get them at the cheap price, although I'm not sure when you start paying the fee so that may not be possible.

Money I know will be the issue but, although I got stick for signing them, Nem and Ademilson are absolutely top drawer. Topping the Championship assists/ratings and goals lists. Ademilson will come straight away and his wage demands are v reasonable. I'd suggest waiting on Nem until into August. If you go for him too soon then Corinthians are in for him. Also into August you've a good chance of getting him to forget the highest earner clause, he'll still want a lot though and the loyalty/agent fees will be very high.

Money I know will be the issue but, although I got stick for signing them, Nem and Ademilson are absolutely top drawer. Topping the Championship assists/ratings and goals lists. Ademilson will come straight away and his wage demands are v reasonable. I'd suggest waiting on Nem until into August. If you go for him too soon then Corinthians are in for him. Also into August you've a good chance of getting him to forget the highest earner clause, he'll still want a lot and the loyalty agent fees will be very high.

Yeah have Ademilson in the save at the moment still got him for £5.25m at the start of the second season so I guess he could be one that could wait but I'd rather get him in asap just incase this save doesn't turn out the same. Was pretty much an instant wonderkid once signed for me. Thanks for the tip on New.

Just another heads up.

Even though you can't scout there, as I've used Brazilian scouts you can use themto scout for known Brazilian talent.

These boys get rave reviews:

Douglas Santos DL.

Doria DC.

Marquinhos DC (at Roma on loan first season).

Victor Andrade ST.

Otavio AMC/ST

Ohh forgot to mention... My 60k signing Boudjemaa is now a full international and is worth £450k after a handful of games... cannot recommend him enough

Ohh forgot to mention... My 60k signing Boudjemaa is now a full international and is worth £450k after a handful of games... cannot recommend him enough

Gone to Girondins in my save, which says it all really. Top player, especially at that price.

Yeah have Ademilson in the save at the moment still got him for £5.25m at the start of the second season so I guess he could be one that could wait but I'd rather get him in asap just incase this save doesn't turn out the same. Was pretty much an instant wonderkid once signed for me. Thanks for the tip on New.

If money is tight, add Israel Damonte to the list. Better all round midfielder than Rodolf Austin (which is why I was confortable selling him) and yours for £275K as he is transfer listed.

Anyone any ideas of who sells for more at the start, McCormack or Becchio? May keep one depending on funds/squad depth.

Anyone any ideas of who sells for more at the start, McCormack or Becchio? May keep one depending on funds/squad depth.

I think it's a bit random as you usually have to use the unwanted list to shift them. Although Macca sold McCormack up front on his save, I've found that you probably have to list them both. If you can, you've a very tidy transfer budget.

Despite Vanden Borre getting sent off and Liverpool scoring first, we win the Carling Cup 2-1 with the winner in extra time. The scorer is Ademilson who bags a brace. I know it's a lot of money to buy out that release clause, but he's unbelievable at Championship level.

EDIT We follow that up with FA Cup wins against City and Reading and we're in the semi final. We'll play Burnley. With Stoke & Newcastle in the other semi we could win this one too.

Mattheus' rise in stats has been ridiculous also.... one of my best buys I feel... even if only to sell later..

Mattheus' rise in stats has been ridiculous also.... one of my best buys I feel... even if only to sell later..

Brazilian scouts give him 4 & 1/2*, so obviously very decent indeed. I see you paid £1.8M for him, was that his min release?

Yeah I believe so.

My team is starting to annoy me.. we're picking up wins but the performances are erratic at best, Majeed isn't doing what I pay him for ( goals ) and hiljemark and bodde just aren't living up to reputation either... will have to have a rethink I think.

Mini player update

Mattheus

uDwuK.png

Mattheus is progressing quickly, premiership class already

Bajrovic

7T3iW.png

Young Bajrovic is doing well in the reserves and improving daily, will be ready to step up next season after some work on his physicals

Diskerud

F9Wle.png?1

American Diskerud was a panic buy for cover, for the small sum of 160k .. he's looking brilliant is is worth 10x that amount now

Finding it impossible to ship McCormack or Becchio for any money at all in this save, still a while left though so may still be able to ship one.

Managed to get most of my signings in anyway pretty much all over 48 months:

Transfers.jpg

Still want to try get Stefanos Kapino and Stefan Strandberg but have 0 funds so need to get a striker sold for that.

How did you manage to spend 12 million when you've barely made any sales?

even if its ALL over 48months... thats still 3 million ... not sure how you managed that...

How did you manage to spend 12 million when you've barely made any sales?

even if its ALL over 48months... thats still 3 million ... not sure how you managed that...

Not sure how I have either, think its because I've cleared out so many players freeing up so much in wages. Spending £180k on wages now and that's with 2 of the new signings on £20k and £19k. I am however £20k over budget on wages.

Out of interest, has anybody played a season with the original squad (or vast majority)? If so, how did you get on?

I think Coen played with the original squad on the beta and finished mid table.

I think Coen played with the original squad on the beta and finished mid table.

Respectable then, I think depth would be a real issue.

Finding it impossible to ship McCormack or Becchio for any money at all in this save, still a while left though so may still be able to ship one.

Managed to get most of my signings in anyway pretty much all over 48 months:

Transfers.jpg

Still want to try get Stefanos Kapino and Stefan Strandberg but have 0 funds so need to get a striker sold for that.

Yeah Strandberg is a must for Leeds.. turned into a club favourite already for me, the scandanavian Radebe...

Kapino is coming to me end of season, was happy with using experience for the championship, and Kenny hasn't let me down.

Yeah Strandberg is a must for Leeds.. turned into a club favourite already for me, the scandanavian Radebe...

Kapino is coming to me end of season, was happy with using experience for the championship, and Kenny hasn't let me down.

Managed to get them both in Strandberg for £400k and Kapino for £300k, gave Ashdown a free transfer and sold Becchio for £1.2m and McCormack for £1m found it really hard to get any money for them all those move went through on transfer deadline day.

Currently spending £180k per week on wages with £241k going out per month for the player transfers so works out at £235k per week I'm spending per week on wages & transfer fees.

Really happy with my 1st 18 but have literately no senior players after that regretting letting Poleon go on a free transfer:

GK: Kapino

CB: Strandberg

CB: Lees

WBR: Vanden Borre

WBL: White

DMC: Austin

CM: Svensson

CM: Hijemark

AMC: Adryan

ST: Wellington Nem

ST: Ademilson

Subs:

Kenny

Kisnorbo

Pearce

Peltier

Byram

Green

Pohjanpalo

Really could do with another LB, CM and Striker. Getting by retraining by WBR's to WBL and my AMC to ST and vice versa.

33mil budget for next season, I will not lose my principles, I will buy young British players, not Hollywood names! I need a DMC though and there is none, any suggestions?

33mil budget for next season, I will not lose my principles, I will buy young British players, not Hollywood names! I need a DMC though and there is none, any suggestions?

Can't think of too many young British DMC of the top of my head to be honest, Jack Rodwell is the one that springs to mind but will probably be out of reach for you unless he isn't getting game time at Man City. Jack Cork could maybe be retrained to play there. Tom Huddlestone, Lee "Red Card" Cattermole? Although they won't be young for you 3 years in, Jay Spearing possibly.

Maybe worth checking some teams youth see if anyone's come through Arsenal and Southampton would be a good place to start.

What season you in?

check to see how these are progressing:

Jonathan hogg

diego poyet

ross jenkins

kane ferdinand

jordan houghton

george thorne

luke hyam

They're all awful I'm willing to buy abroad with this one, I can't find any one up to the standard though, they need to be pushing for top 4 quality, any help? Cheers for suggestions so far I'll check out the younger British ones

They're all awful I'm willing to buy abroad with this one, I can't find any one up to the standard though, they need to be pushing for top 4 quality, any help? Cheers for suggestions so far I'll check out the younger British ones

The 'usuals' really:

Fernando, Gremio (may still have a min release clause?)

Casemiro, Sao Paulo.

Cirigliano, River.

I've not played a game to the point you're at so can't make any suggestions on players that get transfer listed.

Andile Jali and Kara are two from last season FM that turned out amazing. Have a guy called Leon Goretzka on my shortlist, not sure why or if he any good mind but hes young.

Andile Jali and Kara are two from last season FM that turned out amazing. Have a guy called Leon Goretzka on my shortlist, not sure why or if he any good mind but hes young.

If Jali does not get picked up at game start he runs his contract down and can be approached to sign on a free for Summer 2013. Sadly, I realised this too late and missed out on him :(

He has a lot of potential js.. he will become ridiculously good.

Also check:

Tachtsidis.. cant remember his first name off hand.. plays for Roma originally i believe.

Simon Tibbing

Adam Vass

Crisetig

Jorge enriquez

Frimpong

Emre Can

vyach Kolkov

Nordtveit

filipe scoutto

Andre Hoffmann

I much prefer looking to less obvious talents

Lorenzo Crisetig

Just reached the January transfer window. Craig Gordon was still available on a free transfer so managed to sell Paddy Kenny for £1m to Man United of all clubs. Kenny leaves having been on £15k per week and Gordon comes in on £7k a week!

Just reached the January transfer window. Craig Gordon was still available on a free transfer so managed to sell Paddy Kenny for £1m to Man United of all clubs. Kenny leaves having been on £15k per week and Gordon comes in on £7k a week!

What's happened to De Gea, Lindegaard and Sam Johnstone? I wonder whether Kenny will be first choice... :p

What's happened to De Gea, Lindegaard and Sam Johnstone? I wonder whether Kenny will be first choice... :p

Man Utd bought Lastuvka on my save too, perhaps suggests the AI is on the 'look out' for a GK for them?

I'm running out of amazing things to say about Boudjemaa, I've just retrained him to play on the right wing and he's ridiculous... 3 assists and 2 goals against Derby, he's way too good for this league and also a full international now for Algeria. Gonna take a big bid for me to get rid I tell you.

Johnny Russell is amazing aswell.. goal machine, from the left wing or upfront.

Pohjanpalo is also coming along nicely, 4 goals and 5 assists so far mostly from the bench, will be a big player for years to come.

First season managed to scrape into 6th position, scraped through the playoffs to gain promotion, but hardly convincing. Only signed Sammy Clingan at the start, loaned in leroy lita and cameron jerome.

Actually promotion first season probably came too soon, leaving me withthe task of having to revamp virtually the whole squad. Not easy, but hey surely i will get money to speand right?

Wrong, Bates gave me a pultry 7million with a low wage budget, so couldnt really attract anyone of genuine proven quality. Im struggling in first season just out of relegation picture at the moment, squad so thin i can barely put out 7 subs. No wage budget left to play with. A proposed takeover from Steve Gibson came and quickly collapsed.

Any advice guys ? lol

Sell assests? Bring in cheaper talented unknowns?

Murder Bates and do everyone a favour?

I dunno, tough one.

i was able to bring in weiss, formica, vanden borre, ruud, kozak(sp?, some striker from lazio with immense heading), david lopez (brighton) tiago gomes, gershon, leonardo. all for very cheap.

If i survive this season without being relegated, defense really needs improving. Any suggestions ?

If i can, and have the money, i plan on bringing in guidetti (on a free), de Bruyne (either on loan or transfer if poss), and gaston ramirez. Might have a look at mirallas from Everton too. Is Benteke any good?

Lets hope i get financial backing for next season

Hey guys anyone tell me why my leeds team doesnt show faces my players yet every other team i play against displays the players face images?

Just started a new game with my team. Hopefully this is something I won't get bored of pretty quickly like previous games.

Signed Jamie Mackie and Chris Herd on loan while signing Tal Ben Haim on a free, interesting start to the season beating Charlton away and drawing with Brighton at home before losing to Bolton 1-0, a Kevin Davies 92nd min penalty :(