Sports Interactive Community
NorthernGooner

FM13: Leeds United - Marching On Together

It took a hell of a lot of good fortune along the way - particularly the late season run in season 2 that saw me sneak 4th place - but I managed to sweep the board in season 3, capped off by this in the Champions League Final....

207890_2013-03-29_00004.png

As the stats show I don't really have the better of Barcelona yet, but I beat them in the Super Cup as well. They did come out on top of our Champions League group though.

In the league I benefitted from Man City falling away - in fact January saw Man City drop from 1 point ahead to 8 points behind, so I got away with a couple of poor performances later in the season, and still lifted the title.

This image below shows my season info -

207890_2013-03-29_00006.png

As you can see, my heavy investment last Summer paid off, as my £20m defender had my highest rating, and my £40m striker was my highest scorer, and topped the assists also - as well as winning English Player Of The Year and European Golden Boot.

The above shot also shows I have a couple of free transfers lined up and I am at the dodgy stage of not knowing what to do with transfers - I have money to spend, and the attraction of being European champions - but my youngsters are progressing well - and I am not sure whether to trust those youngsters or to invest in more experienced players

My season could have been great, but it all fell apart in the last 3 games :( It was a good season though, but ultimately disappointing.

I won the Carling cup in February, so we won some silverware at least, and I finished second in the league.

Last three games were awful, I lost the FA cup final to Arsenal (undeservedly), then we lost to Arsenal in the league at the Emirates (which meant we were on equal points going into the last game of the season). Last game was against Chelsea at Stamford bridge, Arsenal were playing already relegated Wigan...

They won, we lost, Arsenal won the league, Leeds came second :( Infuriating end to the season!

The squad was absolutely ravaged by injuries from January onwards, Abameyang was out for 3 months, Cuadrado missed the whole of the second part of the season, Teixera got injured for 2 months again, Jean missed 2 months (but still finished PL top scorer), Fountas missed a month, Byram missed 2 months, Munoz did his cruciate and was out for 5 months...

The squad was decimated... so coming second is still a fantastic achievement, but disappointing in the context of the last 3 games of the season :(

In the summer I'm looking to replace wuytens at CB (he's 31 now), and maybe bring in a top keeper, and another CM.

The above shot also shows I have a couple of free transfers lined up and I am at the dodgy stage of not knowing what to do with transfers - I have money to spend, and the attraction of being European champions - but my youngsters are progressing well - and I am not sure whether to trust those youngsters or to invest in more experienced players

Always a difficult choice, I'm facing a similar dilemma :( Bringing in top players will also make the wage expenditure skyrocket!

Finally think I may have cracked it!

Playing Parades behing Morrison just wasn't working so I have gone with two up top. Morrison playing as an advanced forward & McCormack as a poacher. Since I have switched to this my results have improved & are now up to second mid way through January.

Here are the signings I made (most over 48 months)

Alan Tate (Loan)

Strandberg (1.3m)

Matt Briggs (Loan)

Jonas Svensoon (400k)

Parades (3.2m)

James Ness (Loan)

Mattheus (925k)

Jamie Mackie (Loan)

Craig Gardner (Loan - from January)

Outs:

Pugh (725k)

Peltier (Loan)

Hall (Loan)

Brown (150k)

Payne (Loan)

Norris (Loan - January)

As you can see I have a big squad which is needed as rotating the squad & covering injuries is needed. Mattheus scored twice on his debut before getting injured & is out for 8 months

Got to play quite a bit over Easter. Having finally cracked the tactics I managed to achieve promotion finishing second behind Hull. Wolves won the play-offs.

I was given about £13m I think to avoid relegation and spent the money on players on deals spread over 48 months.

I signed Jelavic for £9.25m. He was transfer listed and unhappy. I also signed Schneiderlin from Southampton (who got relegated) once again he was transfer listed. I then signed Thomas Ince for £6m on transfer deadline day onlong with Ryan Shotton & Billy Sharp on a season loan

Diouf and Norris went out on permanent deals.

Currently now in mid January and sitting 7th in the league. The board asked if I would like to change my season expectation, which I did & said to finish mid table. They gave me another £10m to spend, of which all went on Cabaye from Newcastle as he was on the transfer list unhappy.

Out of both cups now so hopefully a strong finish in the league

Currently now in mid January and sitting 7th in the league. The board asked if I would like to change my season expectation, which I did & said to finish mid table. They gave me another £10m to spend, of which all went on Cabaye from Newcastle as he was on the transfer list unhappy.

Absolutely fantastic signing, well done :) Bargain price too!

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages_zps7da88868.png

I wanted to have one last longterm save with leeds my aim is to re-shape the club from top to bottom. first of all was the formation wasnt bothered as long as i got promotion.and in the end after a bit of reading i went for cleons take on a 3-1-4-2 of which there is a fantastic thread called the chalkboard diaries, in tactics and disscusions.signed a couple of players just to help get me out of the division and as you can see things went well, had a bit of a wobble december and january but on the whole i was top just about all season.so now onto season 2.

Leeds_BoardroomOverview_zps46993420.png

I also got the board to upgrade the youth and training facilities which are due to be ready in october. plan is to get some good youth coaches in and buy a few good youngsters as well as hopefully getting one or two of my own come through the system.my aim for this season is midd table.then build from there and get us winning a few trophys.

I'm giving up on this game after the stupid ME update

I have been trying all the tactics here and the suggestion in the tactics forum, I have tried to develop my own tactics and all I get after playing two or three months in a season is a straight loss streak.

any suggestions?

Keep it simple sherif... stop trying other peoples tactics and get yourself a simple formation... and tweak when you see in match issues... i.e, if you keep getting skinned on the wings, you need your fullbacks and wide mids to pull their weight more and defend. If you are shooting long too much, your strikers are probably too isolated and need support from your mids etc.

Basically, you can't expect to just download a tactic and have it work anymore, they have to be tailored to the players you have..

I'm giving up on this game after the stupid ME update

I have been trying all the tactics here and the suggestion in the tactics forum, I have tried to develop my own tactics and all I get after playing two or three months in a season is a straight loss streak.

any suggestions?

Welshace is right of course. But, this (V3) still works well on 13.3:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2

However, it's only truely effective if you can get squad morale up to very good/superb (play easy friendlies in pre-season) and familiarity with the tactic at 100 % (set default general training focus to tactics and default intensity to very high until familiarity is at 100 % then reduce to average). Use opposition instructions and get your team talks right.

After a while I realized it's all about defense

The more I'm strong in defense the better the results

The problem is I use defensive wingers and a target man all in support duties, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose but whenever I change these roles or duties, I always lose

Evening all, after a little break (and a confession to sulking as the new patch ruined my last save) I've decided to start what I hope will be my last save for this year, and I need some advice.

Have shipped out Brown, Pugh & Somma and will get Tonge, Norris & Drury out on loan at least. I've signed Almeback, Paredes & Holst and am looking for a central midfield creator (Advanced Playmaker (Support)) to complete the first 11, any experience with players on the latest patch that are worth a look at ?

I also need a couple of wingers (MR & ML rather than AMR & AML), but the priority has to be a midfielder. My transfer dealings so far (having spread the vast majority of Paredes over 4 years) have left me with £2.5m transfer and 10k wages...

Any and all advice welcome :)

EDIT: Worth pointing out I really wanted Andile Jali, but work permit always, always fails...

Diskerud

Daylon Claasen

Richie Ryan (a favourite)

Claudemir (Fc kobenhavn)

Boudjemaa (a favourite at a price of 60k)

Wingers:

Iain Vigurs

Nic Stanciu

Jil Hamad

Fabian Frei

Thomas Drage

Wow, this thread is dead nowadays isn't it?

Nevermind about the backroom staff, I can't sign anybody half-decent because of the stupidly low wages the board will allow. I'll look at improving my backroom later on in the game.

I figure I may as well give a game update while I'm here: I'm 10 games into the season and, after a rocky start, I've just managed to clinch 1st place from Bolton who were unbeaten until the last few games. I sold Pugh and Somma and let Brown, Austin and Pearce go (got my Director of Football to get rid) and I've brought in a few players. I'm happy with the strikers - using Morison and Varney as my main partnership, with McCormack in rotation (he's been awful though so I had a chat with him and am hoping he'll improve). I brought in Oldoni to help with rotation, he had an awful first two games but just scored 2 in the last game.

I also brought in Mattheus as I couldn't say no for that price. He's good but is currently out injured for another few weeks. Torsiglieri has been a rock in defence and I signed Sergio Gomez and Carles Planas from Barca B when they became available (good call Nicko!). Byram was awful at first and Peltier wasn't much better so I signed Pantsil on a free on recommendation from my Assistant Manager.

My current team then is:

GK: Viera / Kenny (Will replace Kenny as and when I can, am keeping an eye on Ospina)

RB: Byram / Pantsil (Hopefully Byram will improve, too many silly mistakes at the moment though. I do think his stats in-game don't do him justice in RL as he's a very, very good player. Lots of potential.)

CB: Torsiglieri / Lees / Gomez (In rotation, Peltier helps out as and where needed too.)

LB: Planas / Lopez

RM: Diouf / Hall (Hall is awful but I don't have anybody better yet.)

CM: Norris / Green / Tonge (In rotation.)

LM: Mattheus / White (In rotation.)

ST: Morison / Varney (Also rotate with McCormack and Oldoni.)

Doing better than I expected considering my squad still needs work. Playing a flat 4-4-2 tactic (using FuSS' tactic with a few tweaks - really need to make my own one of these days...) but I tend to have to shout at my team at half-time so they come back and start playing proper football. Still needs work!

The board have been great though. They've agreed to upgrade all our facilities and to buy back Elland Road (!!!) as well as get a new domestic feeder club (still planning on using a lot of youth players so they need somewhere to go to before they're ready for my team) and they increased the wage budget too. Going to ask for more money to spend in January, especially if I'm still doing better than expected then. Good riddance Bates, long live GFH. ;-)

Welshace is right of course. But, this (V3) still works well on 13.3:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2

However, it's only truely effective if you can get squad morale up to very good/superb (play easy friendlies in pre-season) and familiarity with the tactic at 100 % (set default general training focus to tactics and default intensity to very high until familiarity is at 100 % then reduce to average). Use opposition instructions and get your team talks right.

I suggest he tries, fails and improves his own tactic continually. Using a tactic on this game will mean he's left with no option but to download another for 14. and then 15. Plus, the game's a lot more interesting when you are able to understand its features.

Evening all, after a little break (and a confession to sulking as the new patch ruined my last save) I've decided to start what I hope will be my last save for this year, and I need some advice.

Have shipped out Brown, Pugh & Somma and will get Tonge, Norris & Drury out on loan at least. I've signed Almeback, Paredes & Holst and am looking for a central midfield creator (Advanced Playmaker (Support)) to complete the first 11, any experience with players on the latest patch that are worth a look at ?

I also need a couple of wingers (MR & ML rather than AMR & AML), but the priority has to be a midfielder. My transfer dealings so far (having spread the vast majority of Paredes over 4 years) have left me with £2.5m transfer and 10k wages...

Any and all advice welcome :)

EDIT: Worth pointing out I really wanted Andile Jali, but work permit always, always fails...

So window closed and season started steady rather than spectacular.

In's are Holst, Almeback, Paredes on permanent deals and Inigo Perez and Sanchez Mino on loans

Out's are Brown, Pugh, Somma on transfers and Hall, Tonge & Norris on loan

Couldn't really find any wingers I was blown away by (thanks Welshace, a few of those weren't on my game sadly) so have kept £1m in the pot in case anything pops up in the meantime.

3 wins and a draw in the league and 2 from 2 in the cup...

I started yesterday with Leeds. I was thinking either Brighton or Leeds and the choice came to Leeds because of their history. Also this will be my first game in second tier of english football :)

So, I made 3 signings for start. I bought Alan Tate for DC position as I felt there was need for depth there, also for 4mil euro I bought Tom Cairney from Hull who I expect to be offensive generator,and finally I brought Papa bouba Diop on free. 34 years old but I feel he can be a strong squad player for us this season.

I set up a simple 4-4-2 tactic,rigid,disciplined, direct passing,float crosses + exploit the flanks,look for overlap,clear to flanks shouts..standard or counter.

For now, My first team 11 should be like this:

GK - Kenny

DR - Byrne

DC - Tate

DC - Lees

DL - Warnock

ML - White

MC - Cairney

MC - Austin

MR - Diouf

FC - Morrison

FC - McCormack

So,what do you think? Should I consider something different? Any help would be appreciated :)

I started yesterday with Leeds. I was thinking either Brighton or Leeds and the choice came to Leeds because of their history. Also this will be my first game in second tier of english football :)

So, I made 3 signings for start. I bought Alan Tate for DC position as I felt there was need for depth there, also for 4mil euro I bought Tom Cairney from Hull who I expect to be offensive generator,and finally I brought Papa bouba Diop on free. 34 years old but I feel he can be a strong squad player for us this season.

I set up a simple 4-4-2 tactic,rigid,disciplined, direct passing,float crosses + exploit the flanks,look for overlap,clear to flanks shouts..standard or counter.

For now, My first team 11 should be like this:

GK - Kenny

DR - Byrne

DC - Tate

DC - Lees

DL - Warnock

ML - White

MC - Cairney

MC - Austin

MR - Diouf

FC - Morrison

FC - McCormack

So,what do you think? Should I consider something different? Any help would be appreciated :)

Just a query here, but surely you will find it hard to ''exploit'' the flank that Diouf is on? I imagine he has no pace. I presume that you would need Byram to become incredibly attacking.

Just a query here, but surely you will find it hard to ''exploit'' the flank that Diouf is on? I imagine he has no pace. I presume that you would need Byram to become incredibly attacking.

well, he is not fast but quite good on the ball, so he can hold it up and wait for Byram to overlap,or he could make himself some space for a cross. I'll see how it goes and change it if it won't work.

Another update.

I'm now in the 2014/2015 season having managed to clinch 6th place in my first season back in the Premier League. I was thrilled with that position, though it came down to the last game of the season - still, makes things interesting!

I've invested further in my squad and GFH have invested further in the facilities and I'm currently in December, sitting in 1st place in the league. Equal on points with Man City but with a game in hand - I play Huddersfield so hope to get an easy win there. I had told the board I'd be going for a top half finish and I'm not expecting to still be top by the end of the season. I'm hopeful though, the team play some really good football and, at the very least, I hope to be getting Champions League football next season.

I'm in the quarter finals of the League Cup facing very weak opposition. Middlesbrough are now the best team in the cup (behind me) and I play Crystal Palace to try get to the final. Hopefully I can pick up a trophy there.

My team now looks like this:

GK - Ospina / McCarthy

DR - Byram

DC - Lees

DC - Gomez

DL - Planas

ML - White

MC - Svennson

MC - Romero

MR - Redmond

FC - Rhodes

FC - Fierro

I managed to get David Ospina in as he had been bought by Chelsea but was unhappy at never getting played. Took some extended negotiations but finally got my man. I brought McCarthy in as cover and have been playing him in some of the cups. My defence hasn't changed much since I started the game, they're all still young and they're all still getting better and better. I've managed 11 clean sheets so far this season (including the cups) which is a nice change from previous seasons. I also brought in Nathaniel Clyne and Adam Henley as they're both pacey full backs who can play LB & RB. Useful as cover since I have so many games this season!

In midfield I switch Aidy White, Ryan Hall, Nathan Redmond and Agustin Allione at the LM and RM positions and have Howson, Svennson and Romero covering CM. Check Lucas Romero out, he's an incredible player and, as he's still young, gets better and better. I bought him from Velez for £9.5m and he's worth every penny.

I brought Carlos Fierro in last season and he has been amazing! Still improving too which is great. Morrison still gets a run out every now and then as he acts as cover. Varney is still around though I'm hoping to offload him in the January window and maybe bring in another young striker or perhaps test one of the youths who have come through the Leeds academy system. There are a couple of promising regens. I brought Rhodes at the start of the season and he and Fierro complement each other perfectly!

While I was typing this, my team beat Huddersfield which puts me top of the league after 17 games with 42 points. We're doing brilliantly, won 13, drawn 3, lost 1! I still expect things to go wrong at some point but, for the moment, everything is perfect!

Had to start my Leeds save again as the save became corrupt. Spent big in pre-season

Ins:

I Sigurdson (CB) - Viking - £240k over 48 months

M Dorsin (WBL) - Rosenberg - £1.5m over 48 months

M Briggs (DL) - Fulham - Season Loan

L Goretkza (DMC) - Bochum - £5.5m over 48 months

J Svensson (MCR) - Rosenberg - £400k

Kopic (MR) - Jabalec - £1.3m over 48 months

Pastorini (ST) - Canr remember who from - Season Loan

Outs:

Connolly - Rangers - free

Pugh - Bristol City - £600k over 48 months

Warnock, Drury, Norris, Diouf, Somma, Payne (all sent out on loan)

Habibbou sent back to his club

Playing the 442 as before

GK: Kenny/Ashdown

DR: Byram/Peltier

DL: Dorin/Briggs

DC: Lees/Sigurdson/Pearce

DWR: Kopic/Svensson

DWL: Varney/White

DLP: Goretkza/Svensson

CM: Austin/Svensson/Green/Tonge

DLF: Pastorini/Morison/McCormack

P: Morison/McCormack/Pastorini

Results so far:

CAP 1 - Burton 1-3 Leeds (Austin. Lees. McCormack)

C - Leeds 1-1 Brighton (Morison)

C - Leicester 1-2 Leeds (Morison 2)

C - Leeds 1-1 Peterborough (McCormack)

CAP 2 - Watford 3aet2 Leeds (Pastorini 2)

C - Derby 0-1 Leeds (Pastorini)

Hey Lads,

I'm playing as Leeds on an online game at the moment but really really struggling bad, i'm bottom on champ only managed to win 4 games all season tried to change tactics a few times as just can't seem to find anything that works, currently 16pts from safety looking set for L1 with only 13 games left, Can anyone offer any suggestions on where i'm going wrong and how I could improve it thanks

Ok, so I've played 3 seasons of my final Leeds save of FM13, so I thought I'd give you a quick run through of the 3 seasons, hopefully can help anyone with prospective signings...

Season 1

Outs were Brown, Pugh, Varney & Somma on permanent deals, and this is what my inbound looked liked

Final-TransfersS1_zps7ad39d5c.png

Sadly Perez only played for 12 games before getting a long term injury, he was shaping up to look great, but had to be sent back. On a much more positive note Abrashi was brilliant, I've created a player thread about him. We all know about Paredes, I planned to retrain him as an attacking centre midfielder, will update on him later.

Maloney & Albrighton were very good loan additions, but I had no intention of signing them on full time deals. Burger was brought in to provide some support to Morison, who was spectacular all year with 25 goals in 36 games. Almeback and Johansen are 2 favourites of mine, very good stats for cheap players and can 100% do a job for you.

The league ended up being a bit of a precession, points record smashed. The cups went nowhere, but that wasn't the aim.

Final-LeagueS1_zps2be5a448.png

Final-CupsS1_zpsf4541b60.png

So all in all a very good season, I took an age trying to find the right players and trying to make sure I didn't waste any money.

Hey macca,

Could you post a screenshot of your formation as I see you did really well in league which I just can't seem to get anything going ta

It's a tweaked version of a very successful tactic on another forum (fmbase), it's a 4-1-4-1. It's been stupidly good for me, as you'll see when I post my other 2 season updates.

EDIT: From memory it's called the "Rock"

165px-Leeds_United_Logo.png

2012/2013 Review

I held off on posting until I finished my first season to see if I would get into it but I'm really enjoying it so here we are

I managed to win the league in my first season, here's the table:

ea4TiSch.jpg

I also got to the FA Cup semifinal where we lost 3-0 to Liverpool. Disappointed to not go any further as the final would have been against Hull, but we can definitely hold our heads high and winning the cup would mean getting into europe which would perhaps be detrimental to our season in the Prem so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Board confidence

here are the transfers I made in the season

H7BIeLEh.jpg

Merouane Zemmama's loan was canceled after he starting moaning about being backup. Alberto Bueno's was cancelled after he broke his foot in his 3rd match :( . Alex O'Hanlon was loaned from Liverpool after they became our parent club.

and screenshots of the players I signed and how they did:

Fredrik Midstjø

Damien Boudjemaa

Tom Cairney

Stefan Strandberg

Marco Torsiglieri 1

Marco Torsiglieri 2 (so that you can see how he did when on loan which convinced me to pay the agreed fee)

Kiko Femenía

Leon Osman

Carles Planas

Leon Britton

The two Leons were transfer listed in January, and Carles Planas came in to replace Stephen Warnock who I didn't feel was playing well enough to justify his large wages and didn't have long left in him.

I mainly alternated between 3 tactics this season:

4-5-1

4-2-3-1

4-4-2

Steve Morison was the main man this season. He only just missed out on the championship golden boot by a goal to Charlie Austin after Charlie scored 3 in the playoffs (which shouldn't count :( ). I'm not sure whether he'll be good enough to perform in the Prem and I have a few targets in mind. I do feel inclined to stick with him though as it would feel like betraying him after he played so well this year!!

Looking at the squad for next season, improvement is definitely needed. I'll go through the individual positions, who's currently there, and what my plans are for next season in that area:

GK: Paddy Kenny is getting old and was a tad dodgy last season, so I will definitely look to replace him. John Ruddy is a target

DR: I'm going to stick with Sam Byram as his stats look good for his age and he impressed me this season. He still has room to go also. Tom Lees is the only decent backup which could be a problem so if a good rotation / backup player is available then I'll look to bring him in

DL: Carles Planas is currently first choice. He played well, but his stats don't look prem quality so I may look to the market depending on who's about. Aidan White really didn't impress me this year so I'll loan him out and then maybe get a rotation player or just use Jason Pearce as backup.

DC: Stefan Strandberg and Marco Torsiglieri are the first choice pairing and will continue to be next year. Their stats look great and they both performed extremely well last year. Tom Lees and Jason Pearce are good, home grown backup who can also cover at fullback so they'll be kept. No need to buy unless someone great is on the market at an alright price.

DM: Leon Britton is, without a doubt, prem quality. I don't have good enough backup for him, though - Rodolph Austin isn't great and kept getting carded, so he'll be shown the door, and I'd much prefer for Strandberg to play at centreback. I'll look for backup.

MC: Another area to improve with Tom Cairney returning to Hull and me preferring to play Leon Osman as attacking mid - really, it means that Damien Boudjemaa is all we have (the bad players like Michael Tonge, Ryan Hall etc will all leave without a doubt) and maybe Paul Green.

AMR: Kiko Femenía played very well last year and looks prem level for sure. El Hadji Diouf is a possible candidate to leave but most likely he will stay as backup.

AML: Luke Varney definitely doesn't look good enough for the prem. Interesting players such as Martin Olsson and Derk Boerrigter are available, so I'll probably replace him.

AMC: with Boudjemaa and Osman, we should be fine.

ST: Another signing is definitely needed even if I do stick with Morison since McCormack and Varney aren't good enough for the prem.

So in summary:

Positions which need signings for sure: GK, MC, AML, DM

Positions to look into if possible: DL, ST, DR

Positions which don't need strengthening: DC, AMC, AMR

If anyone has any good recommendations for these positions, please tell me!

Oh, and my (tentative) budget for next year is £11.5m transfer, and 100k wage budget free although quite a few players will be leaving the club so that will increase.

This thread seems a bit empty lately so if you're considering starting a Leeds save I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, and if you're currently doing one please post!!

oh ok,

do you know what it's called macca or could you post a link to it, thanks in advance

Its the Rock Classic , i pmed you the link. Dont know if it allowed to put it here.

I was reading through this yesterday but decided not to post because my achievements were not exceptional compared to others.

BUT, this morning in the first game of my third season with Leeds United Football Club we went to Old Trafford to play Manchester United Football Club, also known as the Red Devils, also known in certain quarters as the Scum, and beat them 3-0 thanks to a Tony Watt hat-trick. This woudl be a top 5 result in my time, dating back to CM Italia.

Teamsheet:

GK Ospina

DR Byram

DCR Pearce

DCL Lees

DL White

DM Chumbinho (regen)

CMR Will Hughes

CML Dejan Skolnik

AMR Marco Rojas

AML Marcelo Estagarribia

SC Tony Watt

Paul Green and Phil Neville came off the bench to protect the lead. I've also still got Rodolph Austin (he was injured) and Luke Varney, and Dan Atkinson and Charlie Taylor are on the bench.