FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

I play him as the main advanced playmaker with Hazard to the left as an inside forward and Gotze on the outside as an attacking midfielder.

Little update to mine. Decided to play on as although the wages really annoy me (as it seems other clubs don't have to pay so much), it's not enough to keep me away. Signed Destro for £28million as he is transfer listed. Quite expensive but he is now my best striker, he was also transfer listed so came in on a pretty decent £110k a week. Will now need to decide who to sell out of Cavani and Llorente. Llorente is older but Cavani has declined more, might have to choose him. Elsewhere I want a new LB and am also looking for a rotation AM/CM as I sold De Bruyne to United for £25million. He's not worth that :D

I am also now the richest club in the world with a worth over £1billion. Probably helped by winning all but the CL and League Cup and also now moved into the new stadium.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot of value tcoleman1, nicely done. Sounds like despite the wage problems you've managed to make the club fairly profitable.

Great youth development mag man, fancy posting some screenshots of how the youngsters have developed? Really looking forward to Chalobah returning from loan on my game, he's been given a nice boost on the update.

I've seen that guy lacoste, awesome stats but his age always put me off, I'd guess he'd retire pretty quickly

I get pretty decent performances from Mata as a Trequartista with two inside forwards supporting (Hazard and Moses/Oscar).

In case some of you are interested, here are some pictures from my Chelsea game (only using youth, no signings made), in the 3rd season at the moment. Piazon never seemed to get anywhere on any previous games, so I focused on him a lot and third season he's starting to become a regular starter.

2bEKl

2bELi

2bEFn

2bEMf

2bEGd

2bEHm

2bEI8

My only regret is not bringing through more of those players. However I have some good regens and still have players like Baker, RLC etc. knocking about. McEachran has just left on a free. He was never good enough for me to properly use and he didn't do well on loan anywhere. Piazon the same but Christensen looked good but someone plucked him from me without realising.

The wages aren't a problem at the moment but I think I have nearly half my team with contracts up at the end of the year. I am just going to keep trying to get some of them to sign before next season or ship some off now I don't really need. Mikel for example is great but I have a regen DM who is ready to make the step up. So he may be next to go. Oxlade-Chamberlain is finally coming in for £17m plus £6m in fees to agents/him. He replaces Victor Moses who has left for United. United were rivalling me for Oxlade so I decided to let him go there as he got unhappy and wanted to go. £23.5million isn't too bad and pays for the Oxlade deal inc. bonuses.

I need a left back but there is a real lack of good ones. Have 2 guys in mind, both of which are good PL players with 4 star potential. One of them won't leave Blackburn for anything under his £17.5m release clause and the other has accepted my contract for a £13.5m move. The 1st guy is better overall stats wise but will cost a lot more. Don't know who to go for so might post some screenies tomorrow for some advice.

Ok so here are screenshots of my current first team squad in the 2018/19 season. I have decided to play a 442 and it probably doesn't quite suit my squad hence me not being able to compete for the league title but I have a couple of young exciting wingers who hopefully can develop and allow me to be competitive again.

Current Squad:

GK: Courtois / Cech

DR: Azpilicueta / Brown

DL: Bertrand / Harvey

DC: Luiz / Chalobah

DC: Ake / Bruma

MR: Oscar / Laker

ML: Mata / Balabanov

MC: De Bruyne / McEachran

MC: Loftus-Cheek / Romeu

ST: Lukaku / Feruz

ST: Hazard / Laspatzis

Career Overview:

Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   1st        Community Shield, Super Cup, CWC, League Cup, FA Cup
2013/14   2nd
2014/15   4th       
2015/16   4th        Champions League
2016/17   2nd        Super Cup, CWC, Champions League
2017/18   4th        Super Cup, FA Cup, Champions League
2018/19   N/A        Community Shield, CWC

Destro has started off pre-season very well with 3 goals in 2 games. Oxlade-Chamberlain has just made 2 assists in first first pre-season game in a 4-0 victory away at Vitesse. Signings are now almost complete but still looking for a LB and some youngsters as well. Can't wait for the season to start and the first game in Zola Park.

Great stuff mag man, those youngsters have developed really well, and 3 CL's in a row is an incredible achievement. KUTGW :thup:

Sounds like a good start tcoleman1, have you decided which of those two LB's you're going for? Zola Park :cool:

Well yeah but the problem is he will cost too much. I don't feel like £13.5million is a good deal for the one guy whereas the amount to the other guy is also too much. Will look for backups to loan/buy and keep Bertrand unless I can get the Romanian guy in for a cheaper sum. Also I bought in Jack Butland on a free to be 3rd choice behind Cech and Courtois, should do a decent job. Also hoping that my regens Vale (RB) and Banks (DM) will join the England first team this year. I already have Bertrand, Chalobah, Carr-Lawton (regen) and Oxlade-Chamberlain in there.

Season didn't start too great though as I lost on penalties in the CS to United. The 2nd time I lost to them on penalties in this game after the CL semi final. I have no confidence for shootouts on this game as it just seems like I always lose. I missed all four of my penalties and they missed none. Oh well :D

Has anyone made a profit on there chelsea saves. If so how did you do it. because even though I only in my first season I am looking at and if I want to be successful I can't sell all my players and then I can't seem to make a profit.

Making the club profitable again is definitely a long term goal, it won't happen immediately. Success is your main source of money, prize money can easily keep the club in the black if you're consistent. Then there's the task of bringing down the wage bill over time, making money through player sales, and if you're lucky, moving into a new stadium. It'll take a few years but you can make a profit over time.

Has anyone got an update on the changes in the Chelsea players for the new patch?

The most important boost for me is Chalobah. Lewis Baker seems to have gotten a boost (currently rated 5 stars by my assistant but I doubt he'll make that), I'm sure a few other youngsters have boosts too but I couldn't tell you for certain who.

On the downside, Torres has been nerfed and is a lot worse than previously.

Keep trying to stay away from my Chelsea save but I can't. Problem is I tell myself to play 3 or 4 games a day and end up playing for half the day :D

As I said above I lost the CS to United on penalties which is only the 2nd time in 5 years I haven't won it. The last time this happened I didn't win the league after my team capitulated in the last 5 games. Hopefully this year I can prove that wrong. Annoyed that Destro didn't score in his first 2 games but tbf he got a 7.0 rating in both games so he is playing well. I have found that in both those games I didn't really create many chances for him, any reccos as to how to increase the chances of him getting a scoring chance?

Edit - Destro scored in his last game against Swansea away which was good but the next game I only gave him 15 mins at the end against Everton and he didn't even get a chance. Still he is learning the language so I hope he will get better. Just beat Everton 5-0 with Hazard scoring 4 and assisting 1 :D

Great win tcoleman1, Hazard is such a beast :D

So I've finished my first season with Chelsea on my career save, if you want a reeeeaally in depth look at it, it's in this thread on the careers forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/348576-FM13-Turning-the-Roman-Empire-into-Més-que-un-Club

If not, here's the important stuff.

I signed two players at the start, Luke Shaw for £13.25m who's developing fairly nicely, and Owen Hargreaves to be a tutor and to add a bit of depth while Mikel is away on international duty.

We won the Premier League really comfortably, the Manchester clubs never really showed up and Tottenham were our biggest competition. We sadly went out in the Champions League semi-finals to Real Madrid, lost the FA Cup semi-final to Arsenal and went out in the first League Cup fixture on penalties to West Brom. We did manage to win the Club World Cup and the Super Cup, but lost the Community Shield to City.

On the youth development side, Lewis Baker, Nathan Ake, Islam Feruz and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have been developing nicely as I'd hope, and Jamal Blackman has surprised me by developing well.

I'm aiming for a bit of a clear out in the summer, with some of the younger players coming into the first team squad to replace the ageing first teamers. I'll be updating my career thread regularly for those who are interested. Any requests for screenshots they're probably in that thread, if not then feel free to ask and I'll post whatever you need.

In classic FM fashion as I hadn't conceded in 8 PL games and won them all. I go away to a very average Reading side, completely dominate then but lose 1-0. My players just wouldn't score. Hazard was through and put it wide, Destro was through and put it wide. I swear when you are drawing 0-0 the only chances you get are free kicks that always go over or your wingers/AM's runs with the ball, cut inside and then hit a pointless shot. Although overall I'm more annoyed because Destro/Hazard missed easy one-on-ones. I love FM but they really do need to sort them out. Most players in those situations score, stop making the game create so many which people miss :D

Oh well. That's it for tonight. Will start tomorrow with Spurs away in the League Cup which should be fun.

Edit - after the Reading blip I played Spurs away and won 1-0. Then dominated QPR but struggled to a 2-1 win. Destro scored though so that's good. United now level with me after that loss to Reading though and don't seem like they will drop points.

My first season is turning out amazingly. Already have won the European super cup, club world cup, capital one cup and in the semis of the fa cup and 10 points clear of the Tottenham in the league. Also just got through to champions league semi-final after beating Barcelona 6:0 on aggregate. 2:0 at Barcelona courtesy of goals from Damiao and Lampard, and the second leg without Hazard and Cole we won 4:0 with goals from Luiz, Mata, Damiao and Marin.

Into my second season, last game in December, just thought I'd post this result:

unitedformations.png

unitedresult.png

"Seven Nil! Even Mikel Scored!"

Awesome performance, especially seeing as United were unbeaten in eight and we had lost two of our last four. All of my midfielders and my striker got a goal :cool:

End of season Review for my first season.

What to say and where to start. When I first took over I signed 4 players. Inigo Martinez, Isco, Iker Muniain and Leandro Damiao. None of them were first team starters this year apart from Landro Damiao. So my squad was:

Cech/ Turnbull/ Hilario

Ivanovic/ Azpilicueta

Terry/ Luiz/ Cahill/ Martinez

Cole/ Bertrand

Lampard/ Ramires/ Mikel/ Romeu/ Isco

Hazard/ Marin/ Piazon

Oscar/ Muniain

Torres/ Damiao/ Sturridge

They surprised me and played so well in my formation. they were compact at the back but also very attacking going forward. I play the narrow 4-2-3-1. It was the best first season I have had on any fm version. It started off bad with a 3:1 loss to Man City in the communit shield. After that disappointment though, there was no stopping us. We just kept winning and winning to my surprise. We Won the Euro. Super Cup beating Atletico 3:0 and then we beat Corinthians 3:1 in the Club world championship Final to win that as well.

The 3rd and 4th round of the Capital one cup was straight forward with victories over Leicester City and Wigan respectively. The quarter final was more trickier with Man City but we dispatched of them as well 2:0. Everton were next with a 4:1 victory on aggregate against them to put us into the final. The final itself was another standard straight forward 2:0 victory over Arsenal with goals from Oscar and Leandro Damiao.

The fa cup 3rd and 4th rounds were against lower league opposition. First of all was Crystal Palace who we beat 2:1. Then was Derby who we could only get a replay against after a 2:2 draw, the we won 2:0 in the replay to set up a 5th round tie against yet again Everton who we beat 2:1. The 6th round saw us go against another team we played in the capital one cup and that was Arsenal and that went to a replay after a 0:0 draw at the emirates, the replay again we won 2:1. The semi- final was straight forward 2:0 victory against Reading to set up a date against Newcastle. Who we beat 1:0 with a goal from Oscar.

We also won the premier League, I thought it would be harder and maybe take untill the second season to get above the Manchester clubs but no. We did it with ease with only 2 defeats and 8 draws, most of them coming towards then end with the fixture pile up had us playing twice a week every week apart from one week where we played 4 games in 8 days. We finished with 92 points scoring 80 goals and conceding 22 along the way. Damiao's 22 goals earnt him the top goalscorer position, while scar claimed Players' young player award, Footballer of the year was Eden Hazard and I was Manager of the year.

The champions league started off with a few tricky ties having Dortmund, Fenerbahce and Dynamo Kyiv in my group my we finished top with 6 wins out of 6. We were drawn against Zenit for the first knockout round which we won easily 4:1 on aggregate. Then we had a tough tie against Barcelona in the quarter final, but even that was done with ease 6:0 on aggregate. The semi was a all english tie against Man City where we drew the first leg 1:1 at the bridge and then 3:0 at the city of Manchester stadium. The final was a tight affair with us being victorious 2:1 after extra time, with both of us having a guy sent off.

Leandro Damiao ended the season with 34 goals and 8 assists in 50 games

Eden Hazard ended the season with 22 goals and 26 assists in 51 games

Juan Mata ended the season with 10 goals and 18 assists in 49 games

Oscar ended the season with 15 goals and 6 assists in 42 games

Fernando Torres ended the season with 13 goals and 4 assists in 18 games

Iker Muniain ended the season with 7 goals and 7 assists in 24 games

Frank Lampard weighed in with 10 goals and Luiz and terry both got 7 goals as well.

For next season Turnbull, Hilario, Ferreira, Sturridge, Malouda, Essien and Romeu are leaving whilst I am bringing in Neymar hopefully and then maybe Luke shaw and thats it.

I have promoted Courtois, De Bruyne and Chalobah to my senior squad for next season. Who else do you guys think i should promote? Also I am not confident in keeping Marin and Mosses what do you guys think?

So I wanted a relaxed save and chose chelsea but so far I'm really getting into it. I always used Man Utd at times like this and I'm very surprised about how thin the Chelsea sqaud is compared to United's.

Anyway, I started without transfer in first window so I had to bring back malouda, benayoun and ferriera (excuse spelling) from the fringes. In december, I'm third, one point behind the two manchester clubs. Qualified 2nd to Dortmund in UCL but luckily I drew Porto. I agreed to sign falcao in january but just got news that he has torn his hamstring playing for At. Madrid (3 months :( ). So I have to find a way to get Torres to start contributing. I play Ba as advanced forward and he has no problem getting goals (14 in 22). Due to the share number of games chelsea have, i have to rotate alot, but Torres has scored 1 goal (a pen in the cup!!) all season. He is 20 hours without a goal and counting. Has any one been able to get him to perform to a reasonable standard?

I also noticed his contract runs till 2016!! Surely it'll be impossible to get rid of hlm anytime soon with his wages.

I never got Torres performing brilliantly I'm afraid. I did manage to sell him at the end of the first season to Man City for £12.5m which was great as it got him off my books. Ba is certainly the better option. I'd say with Torres use him as an Advanced Forward, set the team to use him as a target man with supply to feet, and just hope to be honest. He's really just not good enough anymore. Good luck with the save, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Finally got round to starting this save. Sold Malouda for £1m (more important to get his wages off) to PSG, Benayoun £1.5m to Milan (:D), Hílario to Academica for 150k, Paulo to PSV for £1m, Luiz to PSG for £15m and PSG also took Torres on loan - 240k p/m with a £10m option to buy.

Brought in Jovetć for £15m, which could rise to £17m, and Dedé from Vasco for £26m. Still got some time before the end of the transfer window so may well bring in some more players.

Thanks. Mid-jan and City are beginning to pull away. I'm 5 points behind. United a point behind us. On the bright side Torres has ended his goal drought and has scored 2 in 2.

I'm having terrible luck with injuries though. Cech is injured for 3 months. i tried to loan Adan from Madrid but City beat me to him. Why they want him, I'll never know. Mata is out for 3 months. Falcao has 2 months left. Ba has gone for AFCON. I'm trying to get a keeper on loan. No point spending when we'll have to top keepers next year.

Transfer in:

Falcao

Adriano (Barca)

Transfer out:

None yet

Finally got round to starting this save. Sold Malouda for £1m (more important to get his wages off) to PSG, Benayoun £1.5m to Milan (:D), Hílario to Academica for 150k, Paulo to PSV for £1m, Luiz to PSG for £15m and PSG also took Torres on loan - 240k p/m with a £10m option to buy.

Brought in Jovetć for £15m, which could rise to £17m, and Dedé from Vasco for £26m. Still got some time before the end of the transfer window so may well bring in some more players.

Good luck mate, looking forward to hearing how you get on. The geezer though :(

Thanks. Mid-jan and City are beginning to pull away. I'm 5 points behind. United a point behind us. On the bright side Torres has ended his goal drought and has scored 2 in 2.

I'm having terrible luck with injuries though. Cech is injured for 3 months. i tried to loan Adan from Madrid but City beat me to him. Why they want him, I'll never know. Mata is out for 3 months. Falcao has 2 months left. Ba has gone for AFCON. I'm trying to get a keeper on loan. No point spending when we'll have to top keepers next year.

Transfer in:

Falcao

Adriano (Barca)

Transfer out:

None yet

Ouch that is really tough luck on the injuries, who's filling in for Cech for you right now? And how much did you splash out on Falcao?

I've only just managed to have a crack at the new FM, had it sat on my shelf since xmas but never had a chance to set it up!

Anyhoo, I've started my first game as Chelsea like always and brought in Fellaini, Ben Arfa and picked up Cavani for 24 Million on transfer deadline day. (He was transfer listed by request)

My main issue is that so far Cavani has scored 8 in 12 but for some reason nearly all of his stats have dropped by at least a point or two. He's happy with his training schedule and like i said he's performing really well, can anyone else explain why this has happened?

What's the starting budget for the new patch?

'Cause I was thinking of starting a game with The Blues, and getting a new DMC and a goalkeeper.

Was thinking Steve Mandanda for £11,25 mil (his release clause), he should do the job until Cech returns.

I have decided to start a new game with Chelsea since the release of the new patch.

I am going to playing with a 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 formation.

Players out:

Torres-PSG-11.25 mill-Has been

Malouda-PSG-550k-Has been

Paulo-Hannover-475k-Has been

Benayoun-Inter-850k-Never was a been

Players in:

Baba-7.5 million- He will be a back up alongside Lukaku for the Striker role

Hargreaves-free-Good Tutor and good back up for dm/mc

Team:

GK-Cech/Hillario

DL-Cole/Bertrand

DC-Terry/Ivanovic

DC-Cahill/Luiz

DR-Cesar Az/Ivanovic

MCL-Ramires/Obi

MCR-Lamps/Oscar

AML-Hazard/Mata

AMC-Mata/Oscar

AMR-Oscar/Moses

ST-Ba/Lukaku/Baba

When I play with DM-Luiz,Mikel,Romeu

Update to come.

'Cause I was thinking of starting a game with The Blues, and getting a new DMC and a goalkeeper.

Was thinking Steve Mandanda for £11,25 mil (his release clause), he should do the job until Cech returns.

I think it's about £30m, though I couldn't swear to it as I'm two seasons in now. You can always raise money with a few sales if necessary. Good luck with the new save, hope it goes well.

Nice to see someone else signing Hargreaves Natedog, hope he stays fit for you, he did for me, at least for half a season :D looking forward to seeing how you get on.

How are people finding Oriol Romeu's development?

I've started a save with the latest patch and was considering selling him?

I sold him at the end of the first season, I got £7m + 20% of the profit, selling him to Stoke. He's doing ok for them, I would've kept him on but I want to use Chalobah in his position and already had Mikel so I didn't feel the need to keep him

Courtois?

I sold him at the end of the first season, I got £7m + 20% of the profit, selling him to Stoke. He's doing ok for them, I would've kept him on but I want to use Chalobah in his position and already had Mikel so I didn't feel the need to keep him

Thanks for the response Bracken.

I am considering using David Luiz in place of Oriol Romeu so I may move him on.

How did you go about transfers in your first season? I don't want to go and spend millions on players, especially with all the good youngsters returning from their loan spells at the end of the season?

Thanks for the response Bracken.

I am considering using David Luiz in place of Oriol Romeu so I may move him on.

How did you go about transfers in your first season? I don't want to go and spend millions on players, especially with all the good youngsters returning from their loan spells at the end of the season?

I only brought in two players, Luke Shaw for £13.25m and Owen Hargreaves on a free transfer. Shaw has been brilliant and will be my first choice LB from around mid-way through season 3 or the start of season 4, while Hargreaves is an awesome tutor and did a job while Mikel was away at the African Cup of Nations

I found Torres pretty effective on the new patch, he finished the first season as my top scorer with 23 goals an currently has 10 in 13 games in the second!

First season we won the Super Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Premier League. Turnt budgets off in the first window but brang in Jovetic for £11m in January.

My English scout has just recommended Jack Wilshere to me.

He would apparently be interested in a move and the transfer fee would be in the region of £35M and £45M.

What do you think?

Well, you've got McEachran out on loan who can definitely become good enough to fill any Wilshere-shaped holes you might have. Wilshere is definitely the better player at the start, but McEachran can become excellent if you get lucky with his PA, and he's homegrown, so I'd say no deal.

But he's away on loan... He can't be recalled, can he?

I don't think so, but you shouldn't waste 11 million on Mandanda to back up Cech. Turnbull's not great, but he can fill in. I'd suggest getting someone like Smithies or someone who is cheaper for the season. Courtois is worth waiting for IMHO

Natedog17, How are Ba and Baba as a strike partnership I wonder? :D

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that haha bababa!!! They havent had much chance to play with one another yet due to Mata playing as my complete forward and Lukaku and Ba as my Targetmen. I will probably give a game against Norwich in my 4-4-2 Diamond and see how they get on.

Edit: Ba gets injured and Lukaku comes on to score and then BABA scores his first goal for the club...He may need to get more chances.

My English scout has just recommended Jack Wilshere to me.

He would apparently be interested in a move and the transfer fee would be in the region of £35M and £45M.

What do you think?

I wouldnt do it for that much money! You have McEachran and Baker as part of our youth ranks that could fill that role and not to mention De Bruyne if you want to play him higher up the pitch.

But he's away on loan... He can't be recalled, can he?

Hillario and Turnbull are fine as back ups for the first season until Delac and Courtois return from loan.

In my 4th Season now and sofar so good after the new patch. What ive done is developed several different options varying from the narrow current way of playing then a wider tactic when things arent going to plan...

Plan A - Narrow

GK) Courtois/Delac

RB) Wallace/Azpilicueta

CB) Terry/Chalobah

CB) Dede/Varane

LB) Peters/Bertrand

DM) M'Vila/Romeu

DM) De Bryune/ Jose Rodriguez

AMC) Mata / Maximilen Meyer

AMC) Oscar / Hazard

AMC) Gotze

ST) Falcao/Lukaku

Plan B - Wider

GK) Courtois/ Delac

RB) Azpilicueta / Wallace

CB) Dede / Varane

CB) Terry / Chalobah

LB) Bertrand / Peters(Regen)

DM) M'Vila / Romeu

DM) Jose Rodriguez / De Bryune

AML) Bale / Hazard

AMC) Gotze / Mata

AMR) Oscar / Mata

ST) Lukaku / Falcao

Only problem is its hard to keep everyone happy right now had to sell Cech last season because i wanted to keep Courtois Developing teams playing well tho just havent managed to consistantly crack the prem having only won it once in 3 attempts compared to 3 straight champions leagues. For the wider set i like to have a more defencive/work rate minded DM and a more open attacking fullbacks.

xDieArdUKx, is Hazard a backup for you then? He's the first name on the team sheet for me!

As for Feruz, he's coming along ok on my save, scored one or two off the bench in his first season, he's been out on loan for the last 2 for me, so I'll post a screenshot of his attributes once he's returned from that so you can see him ReggaeBwoy

Archived