FM13: Chelsea F.C – We’ve Got A Star On Our Shirts Now

Bracken

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both outstanding mate, especially Tsorbatzidis, would be superb in pretty much any role up front. I'll be posting a few screenshots of mine in a bit, their a lot more raw than many of the others but they've got good potential.

Thanks Bracken. Got a new stadium being built too. Struggling with finances though. Even with winning all the competitions, i only have £2m in the bank!

I've just moved in to my new stadium :cool: looking forward to that this season, but I think I gave the ol' Bridge a good send off...

Season 2014/15 Review

Here's the first of a couple of posts from me tonight

Premier League

So, what was interesting this year was that my competition had invested heavily. Falcao joined City (£300k p/w!!! Insane!) for £34.5m, United shelled out £105m in total, on Moutinho, M'Vila and Schurrle, while Arsenal spent £50m on reinforcements as well. I was expecting a real tough season, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Table

screenshot20121216at101m.png

A great league season for us, we were never in doubt as League leaders, top from the very start. We played superbly as a team, attacking with verve and style, and defending solidly. Here's the player stats

Player Stats

screenshot20121216at101.png

While Falcao got top scorer, for me Damiao had the better season. Second top scorer and top assist-maker is some achievement, he was fantastic. He started really slowly on the goal front but got a ton of assists, then averaged 2 goals a game in the second half of the season. He was, basically, epic. But he wasn't alone, Mata and Hazard were fantastic from AMCL/R, scoring and creating at will, while at the back JT was solid as ever and Chalobah has come on leaps and bounds. A great league season.

League Cup

Lost in the quarter final to Spurs, 3-1 away after extra time. Not terrible, the kids played well and just got unlucky.

FA Cup

The Final

A great result in the final against a full strength United side, I played my reserves as I had all season and they didn't fantastically. Couldn't fault the players in this game.

Champions League

The Final

First CL of this career :cool: and against United, giving us the treble, having beaten in two finals the only other English club to have won it. Really delighted the way the season worked out, I could imagine the media frenzy of me having to beat United, basically the new kid taking over from Fergie as the best manager in the UK. The game was obviously a tough one, no matter the opposition, my team has struggled in Europe. Even though my reserves had just beaten them 3-1 in the FA Cup, I knew this game would be different. Our run to the final was the easiest we've had: Shakhtar, CSKA Moscow and Porto in the knockout rounds, we managed to dodge all of the 'big' teams, but it still wasn't easy. I was delighted to win the final though, a great achievement.

Conclusions

Top Scorers

goalsk.png

Top Assists

assists.png

Full Stats by Av. Rating

statsco.png

A great season from everybody in my book, really delighted with how it all came out and a great way to see off the Bridge. I've already sold a few players for a lot of cash, and I'll be bringing through some regens into the team and moving some backup players to first choice, should be an exciting season ahead, and I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll post some regen screenshots in a little while too.

Hey guys need advice, am in summer of 2013 and looking for a striker. I can get lukas podolski for £4.5m or javier hernandez for £9m. What you guys think? I am stuck on who?

Hernandez for me too, though I'm just randomly biased against one-footed players to be honest.

Was I the only one expecting a Greek regen? :D

Nope, me too :D

when did you ask to build this stadium?

I asked in May 2014, only took them a year to build it. That was the 3rd time I'd asked though, this time I said it was so we weren't left behind by our rivals, that seemed to work. United are now in a 94,000 seater Old Trafford, but I'm happy with 58,000 for now.

So, I just got this message before my first home game of the year:

stadiumc.png

Looking forward to it :cool:

Here are a few of my regens that'll be strutting their stuff in Zola Park

Wellington Bruno

Signed in the first season, one of those few who spawn at the very start, I actually considered selling him last summer when he hadn't come on quite enough, so glad I didn't now. This is him at 4.5 star CA out of 5, an absolute beast at the back, especially in the air

wellington.png

Chris Marsh

Signed in 2013, spent last year on loan first at West Brom and then Leicester, Marsh will end up as one of my 3 top CB's alongside Bruno and Chalobah. He's a little injury prone, but when he stays fit he's pretty solid. This is him at 2 stars out of 5:

marshc.png

Quentin Heath

A youth academy product, turned up in my first batch of regens, his PA was originally 4 stars but has grown as he's developed. He was out on loan at Southampton last year and was one of their best players as they nabbed a 7th place PL finish. Here he is, also currently 2 out of 5 stars:

heathv.png

Aad Van Raaij

Another who was signed in 2013, this one from Ajax, he spent last year out on loan at Celtic, as a key player, and played and scored in the SPL and Champions League. He'll be my backup for Oscar as an Advanced Playmaker. He is currently at 2 out of 5 stars

raaij.png

Rafael Fernandes

Signed at the start of the game, like Bruno, he had some time in the first team before being loaned out to Reading. He played brilliantly last season as a backup to Mata, this season he's playing Moses role as Hazard's backup and a supersub. He's another who's at 2 stars, but only has 4 star PA.

fernandesd.png

So, these are a few of my regens who will be in the first team squad this year

Transfers

In:

£12m on 13 regens

Out:

James Ward-Prowse - £10.25m to Everton - just hadn't played well enough to merit retaining, even those his attributes were decent

Ryan Bertrand - £19.75m to Newcastle - Have got some promising regens coming on and he never made it was a great price

Radja Nainggolan - £28.5m to Newcastle - Great price and I have Romeu and Heath, just didn't need him, he was a good tutor though

Sam Hutchinson - £3.5m to West Brom - never gonna be a regular and a decent price

Victor Moses - £31m to Juventus - Huge bid, a great player for me but wanted over £100k p/w and the offer was just too good.

David Luiz - £29m to Dortmund - Another huge bid, and as Bruno is now first choice there was only room for one afro'd Brazilian CB

Youngsters and regens, and loan fees

Total: £136m

A huge amount of cash brought in over the summer, pretty pleased with the amount I got for those that left. Ward-Prowse was the hardest decision, that CM spot has been the most problematic for me, but he's been the most disappointing of the 3 I've tried there, so I decided to cut him loose. Managed to make a small profit on the £8m I paid for him, and I have a sell on clause too. He's already unhappy at Everton after they signed David Silva so he's annoyed by too many rivals :D just made me even happier I let him go.

I'm going to be playing my regens a lot this year, so I'll let you know how they develop and how the team gets on!

how does everyone go about their scouting?

do you send your scouts on to specific nations/regions? or just let them roam?

my scouts never seem to find anyone spectacular, yet i seem to find them kinda by accident, i guess!

my scouts never seem to find anyone spectacular, yet i seem to find them kinda by accident, i guess!

I tend to leave mine and let them do their own thing. Sometimes I'd sent a scout with good knowledge of the UK to scout there for youngsters. Most regens/youngsters I find are through me looking for them.

Bracken congrats on the new stadium and some really nice regens! I especially like Bruno and Heath!

I am now in 2014 and won the league 2 seasons in a row with 2 charity shields and a World club champs trophy. Got to two Champions cup finals and lost in both which is disappointing but it does show I am close to getting one soon.

Transfers out:

Moses-6.25 mil

Kakuta-3.6 mill

Essien-4.2 mill

PVA-600k

Strasser -3.6 mill- verry happy with this as I got him for 150k

T.Hazard-850k

Remeu-3 mill

Lamps and Cashley-Free

Loads on a free

Loads of loans

Total=22 million

Transfers in:

Abel Hernandez-Palermo-16 Mill

Total =16 million

Squad:

GK-Courtois/Cech/Beeney

DL-Bertrand/L.Shaw/D.Brown-Young regen through academy

DC-Terry/Cahill/Okore/Christensen

DC-Luiz/Kalas/Chalobobah/Christensen

DR-Azpilicueta/Kalas/De Scigilio

MCL-Herrera/De Bruyne/Lewis Baker-4 star potential and looking good!

MCR-Mikel/Ramires/Tegenbos(young regen)

AML-Hazard/Malta/Nem/De Bruyne/Bennet

AMC-Mata/Nem/Oscar/De Bruyne/Bennet

AMR-Ben Arfa/Oscar/Nem/De Bruyne/Bennet

ST-Torres/Lukaku/Hernandez/Campbell/Bennet-Torres will eventually sold and the list will shift, I am not sure about Campbell yet but we will have to wait and see

I really want to try and bring through some English talent and hopefully set my team up well for the future.

Season 3 over an after losing a host of experienced members of the squad (Torres, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole, Marin, Cech) and only bringing in Ricardo Rodriguez and Lewandowski i thought we might struggle, how wrong was i! We won the treble FA Cup, PL and the CL!

This is the squad in season 4, weve already won the Community Shield and Super Cup:

GK - Courtois/Delac

DR - Azpilicueta/Kalas

DC - Luiz/Chalobah/Kalas/Christensen

DL - Bertrand/Rodriguez

MC - Romeu/Ramires/McEachran/De Bruyne/Lampard

AMR - Mata/Moses

AMC - Oscar

AML - Hazard/Held

ST - Lewandowski/Lukaku

JT retired in the summer and is now on the coaching staff along with Drogba, Ballack, Hasselbaink and Steve Clarke B-)

Here's the three of those that I still have, Delac and Kalas never got close to the guys you've got and have been shipped out already

Chalobah

screenshot20121220at182.png

McEachran

Christensen

Chalobah will be first choice for years to come, partnering Wellington Bruno my Brazilian Beast, McEachran is just a rotation player at CM and I doubt he'll ever be much more than that, while Christensen will probably not make it for me, just too many fantastic regens and youth academy products coming through

Chalobah is a beast, him an Luiz are so solid for me. Christensen jus popped out of nowhere really but has been solid everytime hes been called upon.

I only have one regen in my first team and maybe 3-4 who will be class in the reserves/u18s but its an area ive been really struggling with. How do you go about finding them?

Chalobah is a beast, him an Luiz are so solid for me. Christensen jus popped out of nowhere really but has been solid everytime hes been called upon.

I only have one regen in my first team and maybe 3-4 who will be class in the reserves/u18s but its an area ive been really struggling with. How do you go about finding them?

Kind of the same questions so thought I'd add Canal's quote in too. Basically, I have scouts who have complete knowledge of the major counties I look at (England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, etc.) and on the day that regens are created in those countries (you can find the dates on this forum somewhere), I send my scouts to those countries looking for players with a maximum age of 16 (17 seems to work better in Scotland, I don't know why). Because their knowledge is so good, they'll report the next day and you can sign those players for compensation straight away. While this might be making use of the fact that the game generates these players on a specific day (so it's not so realistic), I don't see it as cheating, as in real life players don't just suddenly exist, so it's conceivable my scouts would've been looking at them before anyway.

Between regen creating dates, I have my scouts looking at specific regions with maximum ages varying between 16-19, depending on the region. This helps me find players in countries that I don't scout individually.

Doing this, I've been able to find some quality regens, signing around 10-15 every year, with a number of them already around the first team squad.

Hope that helps :thup:

How has Lewis Baker turned out for you guys? He has 4 and a half star potential and at 19 looks like he could be a really good player in my save. Chalobah, Jordan Houghton, Christensen and Mitchell Beeney look look like they could be pretty good with some game time and development. Josh and Feruz havent developed well for me unfortunatley.

Abel Hernandez has been performing very well since signing for the club scoring 8 goals and 3 assists in 8 games keeping lukaku and Torres rotating on the bench at the moment. De Bruyne is looking like he could be a world class cm with a bit of focus on off the ball and may take Harreras spot which may lead me to selling him, as I have oscar and young Lewis baker in the ranks, not to mention Adryan as well. Luke shaw at the age of 19 has taken Cole's position and made it his own, performing way better than I thought he would at this age and stage of his career, just played Spurs and Bale and Lennon could not out do him!

Oscar turns into a beast, stats wise. But i cant seem to find the right position/role for him. I have him varying between AMC (Advanced playmaker) and AML (inside forward). Gets similar results, but I know he could add so much more.

How does everyone play him? and what are your results like?

screenshot20121223at011.png

Hey guys, just started a Chelsea save, wanna try and get a tactic going like they play IRL, producing some good attacking free flowing football! The tactic I'll probably be employing will be this one;

s1cnU.png?1

Going on that tactic does anyone have any signings they'd make as replacements for who aren't good enough, I'm only thinking of probably Mikel/Lampard/Bertrand, but there are a few on big wages that I could probably get replacements for, like Lampard and Torres.

I wanna TRY and go for youth and quality, but I'll probably bring in a couple of first team players to begin with and see how things go.

Planning to start my full save soon, although time is still short. Hoping to develop a Barca like style, with young, hungry and efficient players. I want to sign Joao Moutinho to be my Xavi and develop Oscar into my Iniesta. I'd like to keep Lampard, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Mata, Lukaku, Courtois and as many as possible of the other youngsters. My only other signing will probably be David Alaba in place of Ashley Cole. Within 2 years, hopefully the high earners will all be shipped out. I'm yet to decide on who to develop as a false nine - any suggestions on young players capable of developing into that position? I will make the most out of Hazard for a year or two before getting rid of his extortionate wages.

Loaded up a Chelsea save whilst watching them take apart Aston Villa last night. Watched quite a bit of them this season, and have been the best side I've seen this season in 'football' terms.

Eden Hazard has been like a 12th man. Probably largely down to the new ME being so favorable to dribblers, but have set up as a counter attacking side largely. Has proved favorable to be defensive in this ME I've found, as the added goals seen - so I'm keeping them to a minimum.

Tactically It's working very well; taking some Rafa inspiration with his theory of attacking with five, and defending with five.

Last note would be, WOW - Torres has been shredded of his stats this year! Anybody know if it's a case of his CA being dropped from his PA, and you can train him back to his Liverpool best?

8303961754_03a63a5c00_b.jpg

8303961986_e0deaee4dd_b.jpg

8303934908_e6b871ca29_b.jpg

A bit of Boxing day FM13 time. I am now in 2015 pre-season after having a hard time and not winning anything and only coming 4th in the League. This year the team will be having an overhaul. I will be looking at adding either experienced role models for tutoring purposes on frees or players under the age of 18 who will set the club up for the next 10 years.

Transfers:

In:

ST-David Villa (33)-Free-Still looks a very good player and will be looking at him to tutor my future starlet Mason Bennet

DL-Alex Grimaldo (was 18 when signed now 19)-Free

MC-Simon Fermunt(young regen-18)-PSV-10 millioon

DM/MC-Liam Verhuel(16- regen)-Ajax-4.5 million

DL-Federico Tass (15-regen)-2.7 million joins us in 3 years time (2018).

DR-Vernay(14-French Regen)-6.75 million-Looks like he could be a star in the future and will be developing our acadamey/ reserve team.

MC-Eduardo Moreno (Uruguayan- 18-regen)-4.2 Million-Looks like he could be a star for the future.

Players:

Out:

Garry Cahill-Norwich-15 Million

Torres- A.C Millan-10 million- Decent amount of money for a 31 year old and I just thought it was time to bring through some of my younger players.

Andreas Cornelius-Watford-5 Million-Just wasnt getting game time and at 22 I thought it was time to let him go.

Ryan Betrand-Newcastle-10 Million

Omeruo-Crystal Palace-1 million

Loads of players out on loan

Staff:

Chief Scout-Jimmy Hampson

Director of Football-Fabio Paratici-Assigned by Roman

Formation:

4-5-1

4-2-3-1

Pre-Season Friendlies:

yB1LR.png

The Brazilian Tour:

Atletico Mineiro:

Andre was a real threat on goal against us and therefore had to tight marking him to try and keep him out.I was intrigued to see how he would perform as I had almost signed him when he was just 19 and may be given a chance in other saves. Grimaldo looked great going forward and got us a penalty where his friend from Barca ,Villa, stepped up and scored. Hazard then took a shot from just outside the area after a rebound from a corner and scored.

Side note-Terry at the age of 34 has lost almost all his pace but still is amazing in the centre of defence

Cruziero:

The main threat would come from Wallyson in the striker position and Luke Zen previously of palmeiras who would try and control everything from deep in the DM position. Other mentions would go to Leo, Paulo Miranda and Casado(RB-18-regen who had great stats on loan from Santos-Scouting opportunity) in there defence, who all looked of good quality. Their main man Wallyson scored an early goal by arriving late into the box and hitting it low. Our next best chance to equalise came in the 88th minute when Hernandez latched onto a cross but struck it straight at the keeper at point blank range. The brazilians then packed the midfield, switching to a 3-6-1, in order to close out the game and it worked. 1-0 loss the first loss of the pre-season. Need to increase closing down and D-line

Hull:

This wasnt going to be more of a physical battle and we would need to front up. Unfortunately Paul McShane scored a goal from a free kick putting us behind. We then equalised late into the game when the substitute De Bruyne came on.

Side note-Eden Hazard is way better on the left wing than he is in the centre of the pitch. De Bruyne looks to be the player to do the job in this role

Estudiantes:

Hazard dribbles past 2 defenders and has only the goalkeeper to score and he does so with class. Second goal comes from a cross from Hazard as he leaves his fullback and crosses for Ben Arfa to smash it in far post. Third goal comes from a corner landing to Azpilcueta who passes it ahead of Luke who is making a run from deep, he shoots and he scores! Corner for them, the ball rebounds from a Luiz header, it lands to Matias Sanchez who smashes it in, goal. They score another goal after a counter attack. After a superb run from Nem he off loads the ball to Mata who dribbles past 3-4 defenders and then shot...GOAL! MOM-Hazard

Leverkuusen:

First goal comes from a flat bullet throw from Azpilicueta as Luiz gets his head to it. Great interplay between Grimaldo and Hazard before Hazard dribbles, shoots and scores! The ball rebounds from a corner and Sidney Sam hits it on the volley adding a goal to their tally. Nem gets the ball goes out then cuts back in runs towards goal, shoots and scores.MOM-Hazard

Velez

The game was holidayed meaning I left my assistant eddie to chose the team. We won 4-1 with Terry getting the MOM.

Next Update soon

what does Mason Bennett look like? must be solid to keep Abel Hernandez out of the team!!

I've been attempting to have an English core to my team so have signed a few young English guys.

Some of them for 1st team others to work their way in...

Will Hughes - £7.5m from Nottingham Forest

screenshot20121227at210.png

Des Doyle - Through the youth

screenshot20121227at211.png

Phillip Duffield - Through the youth

Nigel Black - Through the youth

Dilon Fenwick - Through the youth

Richie Wright - Through the youth

As you can see, my youth system is producing some incredible players! i've never had this many good young players come through our ranks on any other FM game....

I also have this guy, who i believe could be the best player in the game, given enough playing time!

What do you guys think?

I have been looking at Will Hughes but dont know who I would shift to bring him in. He seems to be playing very well for you, would you recommend him?

Here is a pic of Mason:

1EfjM.png

The rest of my English core:

David Brown-Youth Academy product

xDnsC.png

Luke Shaw-Been awesome and can get better!

nFoe6.png

Here is Kevin De Bruyne who looks amazing and looks like he could hit the heights of Xavi and Iniesta:

mAccp.png

yeah, Will Hughes is interesting... inconsistent. but im trying to find him the perfect role! Been rotating him with Oscar between AMC (AP - Attack) and AMR (IF - Support).

but ideally i'd have him and Audren (young french guy) both playing MC together, allowing me to have Mazacar (MAta, haZAard, osCAR) in the attacking roles.

well Mata is getting on a little bit (late 20s is old for me), so maybe he'll fill that void. but until then im gonna give him a go at MC for the remainder of the season, i've just finished Jan 2016, 14 points clear at the top of the league, so a bit of rotation is gonna be harmless!

Kinda wish i had given De Bruyne a chance, his physical stats just didnt do it for me, so i loaned him out loads, then dumped him in my reserves. error on my behalf.

Wow sounds like you are romping your league! Who are your main title contenders? The surprise on my save last season was Norwich (my local team) who were in 2/3rd for a lot of the season. Yeah I am sure he will be a good player for you as long as he gets the game time. I have been looking at Matt Phillips and Tom Ince who look like they could be pretty good wingers if I go the british route. I almost let Kevin go but once I played in a few games he changed my mind pretty quickly! haha.

Archived