FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

McGeady10

Wow, so Tony Watt is now out for 3 months in my save and other than Hooper I really have no other reliable striker. I am coming up in the January transfer window and they gave me 8.75m extra funds but I spent 5m of that on Grant Hanley from Blackburn to shore up my defense. Does anyone know of a great poacher that is cheap?

you should put Hanley on heavy composure training for 10 years or so, so he will end up as a half decent player

have a look at players willing to join you on loan and those who are transfer listed, there must be a player that you can use

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys play Scott Brown and Joe Ledley? Both of them are supposed to be good BWM according to the scouts but they haven't really been doing well for me.

Ledley is pretty decent as a deep laying playmaker

Haven't been able to find a good role for Brown yet, due to his bad mental stats in the game

Whilst a more emphatic scoreline would have been maybe more befitting of the occasion I really couldn't care less as long as we took the three points in this match that would confirm me having managed Celtic to 10 in a row for the first time ever on FM.

Even if the score in the game that clinched the title was a little underwhelming the team's overall performance in the league on the way to the tenth has been nothing short of sensational.

Couldn't be happier with the way this save is going for now and with having drawn Spartak Moscow in the CL last 16 and having previously managed to get to the semi final, the CL trophy would be the icing on the cake of a (so far) almost perfect season.

Only one team has defeated us this season, Arsenal beat us home and away in the CL group stages.

CelticvRangers_UntitledPostMatch.png

ClydesdaleBankPremierLeague_OverviewStages-7.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-6.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-7.png

Whilst a more emphatic scoreline would have been maybe more befitting of the occasion I really couldn't care less as long as we took the three points in this match that would confirm me having managed Celtic to 10 in a row for the first time ever on FM.

Even if the score in the game that clinched the title was a little underwhelming the team's overall performance in the league on the way to the tenth has been nothing short of sensational.

Couldn't be happier with the way this save is going for now and with having drawn Spartak Moscow in the CL last 16 and having previously managed to get to the semi final, the CL trophy would be the icing on the cake of a (so far) almost perfect season.

Only one team has defeated us this season, Arsenal beat us home and away in the CL group stages.

CelticvRangers_UntitledPostMatch.png

ClydesdaleBankPremierLeague_OverviewStages-7.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-6.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-7.png

Nice to win the 10 in a row against Newco

Just noticed do you really have a player called C. Sutton in your squad, or have you renamed one that?

The other teams will hopefully start begin to add points to the league reputation by winning in Europe next season

There will be plenty of them out there beside us

Hearts will go directly into the CL group stage

St Mirren and Paul Lambert will enter the CL 3rd qualifying round

Aberdeen will enter the Euro League at the Play off stage

and Killie will enter the Euro League at the 3rd round qualifying round

3ecc.jpg

Nice to win the 10 in a row against Newco

It's just as well I live on my own, I must confess I went a little bit mental when the final whistle blew in that game...well a lot mental if I'm being really honest.:D

Edit....

He really is called C Sutton, unfortunately his first name is Callum. Still finding it hard to not retrain him to striker mind you as he's already a top centre back.

CalumSutton_OverviewAttributes.png

It's just as well I live on my own, I must confess I went a little bit mental when the final whistle blew in that game...well a lot mental if I'm being really honest.:D

Edit....

He really is called C Sutton, unfortunately his first name is Callum. Still finding it hard to not retrain him to striker mind you as he's already a top centre back.

CalumSutton_OverviewAttributes.png

Unless he has a lot of unforfilled potential, it going to be hard to raise his finished enough to be a good striker, but I guess that he will perform anywhere with those physical and mental stats

2012/2013 Season

YonAx.jpg

In my first season I won the league although Aberdeen was a pretty tough side as they were in first for almost the entire first half of the season.

Gary Hooper, Victor Wanyama and James Forrest were easily our best players this season and Grant Hanley and Adryan were definitely the best signings of the season.

We lost the Scottish League Cup final to Hearts 2-0 but made up for it in beating Dundee United in the Scottish Cup final 3-1. As for our Champions League group stage against Shakhtar, Juventus and Arsenal we finished in 4th unfortunately. Our highlight of the campaign was beating Arsenal 3-2 at home and fighting for third til the final day in which a defeat at Shakhtar made us finish 4th.

2013/2014 Preseason Transfers

Fl9rk.png

Alot of players leaving the club on loan this season but mainly youngsters. Also got rid of Kris Commons, Beram Kayal and Lassad Nouioiu for some good income and bought a transfer listed Steven Defour from FC Porto for a cut price of 3.4m which I believe to be a great bargain. He was my only permanent signing this season as I failed to get a work permit on a great Argentinian regen winger for 3m which is such a shame as he looked to be potentially world class.

9aqUI.png

Once again a tough Champions League group as we are still seeded 4th. Hopefully we can pip Galatasaray to 3rd. I will take Valencia and Galatasaray over Juventus and Shakhtar anyday!

I use a 4-2-3-1 as I usually do. I usually use Hooper or Watt up front as a poacher but I am thinking in the summer I will need to find a proven goal scorer as they aren't scoring as many as I'd like. I also have James Forrest playing AMR as an Advanced playmaker and he is a beast and either Samaras on the left as an inside forward or a loanee as a winger.

Then I have Adryan as an attacking midfielder and behind him I have a rotating midfield of Scott Brown, Nigel Reo-Coker, Joe Ledley and Steven Defour as BWM and DLP.

Going back to my wingers I have two Argentinians set to join the squad when they turn 18 one already has joined and is my new AMR while the other will be AML.

2013/2014 Season

xEKKZ.png

Easily won the league again this season. My best players had to be Wanyama, Hanley, Barkley on loan again and Scott Brown. I think going into next season I will have to find a quality striker as Tony Watt is still young and developing and Gary Hooper really underperformed this season unfortunately. I will also have to find a RB and a back up AMC unless I can somehow get Ross Barkley back for a third season on loan.

gRePs.jpg

Bigger strides this season as we finished third in our Champions League group and even defeated Manchester City who is dominating the Premier League! We lost a heartbreaking tie against Lyon in the Europa League thanks to a Vincent Wanyama own goal but I have a good feeling next year we can make more of a stride in Europe which is what I ultimately want and was hoping for in this save. We also won the Scottish Cup 3-0 against Livingston but we didn't do so well in the Scottish League Cup which once again kept us from celebrating a treble.

2013/2014 Season

xEKKZ.png

Easily won the league again this season. My best players had to be Wanyama, Hanley, Barkley on loan again and Scott Brown. I think going into next season I will have to find a quality striker as Tony Watt is still young and developing and Gary Hooper really underperformed this season unfortunately. I will also have to find a RB and a back up AMC unless I can somehow get Ross Barkley back for a third season on loan.

gRePs.jpg

Bigger strides this season as we finished third in our Champions League group and even defeated Manchester City who is dominating the Premier League! We lost a heartbreaking tie against Lyon in the Europa League thanks to a Vincent Wanyama own goal but I have a good feeling next year we can make more of a stride in Europe which is what I ultimately want and was hoping for in this save. We also won the Scottish Cup 3-0 against Livingston but we didn't do so well in the Scottish League Cup which once again kept us from celebrating a treble.

I forgot to do so, but try if you can get Partick (Or Hibs if they didn't get promoted to the SPL) as a feeder club and send all the good youngster you have + reserve players that you can't sell to them, to try and stop Newco for coming up in the SPL next season ;-)

Anyone else having money issues at celtic? First season coming to Jan I had 38mil balance and board gave me 10m to spend so I spend all I could then I lost the rest of the money by the summer (I dont have many buy over 48 months players I paid most cash upfront). It got to the point by summer I was nearly going bankrupt so I sold like 15 players and I am now gonna have to blood a serious amount of youth. Loosing 3+ mil a month is not fun.

Also anyone find buying good regens or young youth players they always want 11+ k a week even tho they wont get anywhere near first team for ages??

Poddy, its normal to make a healthy loss month by month. Most of the income arrives in the summer with season ticket sales, prize money and so on. You have to balance what you make in the summer months with what you lose in throughout the rest of the season. Try and keep monthly repayments to a minimum if possible. Look out for players trying to sneak in extortionate appearance and goal bonuses into their contracts. These things are not accounted for in your wage budgets.

If you are losing three million+ a month then that does sound a bit hefty. I usually lose between 1 and 2 million a month dependant on champions league participation etc. A screenshot of your expenditure would be helpful.

When does the summer money come in? I am in july just started first preseason friendly and only reason I am not broke is because I sold people. I will get a screenshot in a few months of expenditure it doesnt show the full story right now as no games etc tho my tax is quite high at 1.5m

Thanks btw!

One of the main problems I think I might have with Celtic is the finances. I mean right now starting my third season they are great, probably could have been better if I didn't spend £7.5m on upgrading the youth and training facilities but that is something that I always do in any save so it doesn't really bother me. My main problem is giving the quality players that I want the wages they want. As you will see coming up probably in my preseason update I bought Kevin Gameiro from PSG for £3.5m but he is getting £60k per week wages which kind of upsets me because he will be my highest earner at the club and I fear bringing in more of these high wages will make our finances start to dwindle if we don't advance farther in the Champions League. I guess I might have to take a chance in bringing in quality players on higher wages to hopefully make us advance farther in the Champions League but I always like running a tight budget and I still have not used the 48 month installments.

Here is a picture of my clubs current finances in June 2014 and you can see how they compare to yours.

hsuCK.png

2014/2015 Preseason Transfers

IoLuA.png

Well let's start with the players leaving the club. Only two players that were sold of significant value and one I really didn't want to sell but for £10m I couldn't say no to selling Grant Hanley to Southampton. Nigel Reo-Coker left because his contract was coming to an end at the end of the season upcoming and he wanted £50k per week wages which I said no to.

I spent a good amount this summer but I feel I added some quality players. Kevin Gameiro joins for £3.5m which I believe is a big bargain and I hope he can bang the goals in for us. I also brought in Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona for just £4.4m which I believe is another steal. I had to break my wage structure for them as Gameiro is on £60k and Afellay is on £49k I believe. I brought in Stefan Bell and Andreu Fontas as replacements for Grant Hanley.

h2P9m.png

Here is my Champions League group this season. We have Manchester United, Schalke and Dynamo Kiev. I believe we could possibly get 2nd but I wouldn't be upset with 3rd again.

2014/2015 Season

w3yh5.png

HoQ3h.png

Well we dominated the league this season. We failed miserably once again in the Champions League though and our finances have taken a horrible turn for the worse. We are slowly going into debt and I have a feeling I might try and off load some of my high earners (Gameiro, Afellay, Ledley, Brown, Wanyama). I hope we can make advances in the Champions League but it seems to be proving very difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus bloody forgot about this thread guys sorry lol So am in season 2017/2018 and wow my game is rocking. Have won the SPL 5 seasons in a row and loads of scottish and league cups. Add to that i won the Champions League 2 seasons ago beating man utd 2-1 in a cracking run. Made the semis of the Europa League last season being destroyed by Man City.

Teams looking good :D will post some screenshots and a better update later when get some decent screenshots.

Hope your having a great xmas

Merry Xmas to you to - and the rest of you

---

Been around games with Marseille, FC Copenhagen and Bayern Munich

Now back with Celtic, who have been included in the English Championship instead of Peterborough (they are last IRL - so out they went)

Rogne, Sammy, Commons, Stokes, Izzy, Brown and Kelvin have all left so far

In have come: Johansson (AZ) on loan, Milosevic (AIK), Whelan (Stoke) on loan, Allman (AaB), Strandberg (Rosenborg), Wellington Nem (Fluminese), Yttergård Jenssen (Tromsø) and Armand (PSG) on loan

Still have £12.72m (and a fair amount of wages left) to spend after selling the players that I can't use - Going for a back up for Wanyama at DMC or a First team starter at DMC so I can move Wanyama back into defence - but the Mexican I would like (Jorge Enriquez) to sign, can't get a WP

Why is Efe Ambrose rated so poorly. He looks an excellent prospect with a lot to offer but looks shabby in this game. Surerly he deserves an update in the next upgrade? McGeogh has great potential but the game does not warrant this for some reason and needs to be re-looked at. Paul George and some other youth players have bags of potential but again are overlooked and are far better than what the game puts them at.

Apart from a few players most ratings are spot on for Celtic but some of the potentials are shabby. The youth champions league is a good way of knowing who has piotential or not so just wondering if the researcher has looked at these games where the youth team are up against some of the best yongsters in the world.

Why is Efe Ambrose rated so poorly. He looks an excellent prospect with a lot to offer but looks shabby in this game. Surerly he deserves an update in the next upgrade? McGeogh has great potential but the game does not warrant this for some reason and needs to be re-looked at. Paul George and some other youth players have bags of potential but again are overlooked and are far better than what the game puts them at.

Apart from a few players most ratings are spot on for Celtic but some of the potentials are shabby. The youth champions league is a good way of knowing who has piotential or not so just wondering if the researcher has looked at these games where the youth team are up against some of the best yongsters in the world.

Rumor has it that there will be a new Celtic researcher in for the end of January transfer window update, and that there will be some improvement to the Celtic defenders so they will be able to defend + on the youth team + Scott Brown

Rumor has it that there will be a new Celtic researcher in for the end of January transfer window update, and that there will be some improvement to the Celtic defenders so they will be able to defend + on the youth team + Scott Brown

Really hope its true. Been pretty poor for the last few years especially the youngsters.

My last season (2015/16) we went undefeated in the league winning 31 games and drawing 7. Haven't been playing the save lately but Levein has just resigned from Scotland manager so I hope I am able to get that job to find all the young regens.

how will being Scotland boss help you to find the newgens?

You are able to scout the entire U19 national squad. I have my chief scout at Celtic my assistant manager for Scotland. He's not just a good scout but a good coach as well.

Isn't scouting Scotland, when the newgens comes into the game easier than to take the Scotland job as well?

This interface is weird and over complex compaired to FM11. Cant get used to it so any tips appreciated. I sold Wanyama for £8.5m and a few defenders. Brought in a few loans on mega wages for 1 season to get experience in. I won my first competitive game 4-1 against Maribor (Hooper with a hatrick) :)

You shouldn't have sold Wanyama, he is a straight up beast even at CB where I play him and I'd rather be able to have my scouting updates automatic due to being the manager than having to do a manual scouting report and then having those players in my shortlist for a year because there are so many.

Merry Xmas to you to - and the rest of you

---

Been around games with Marseille, FC Copenhagen and Bayern Munich

Now back with Celtic, who have been included in the English Championship instead of Peterborough (they are last IRL - so out they went)

Rogne, Sammy, Commons, Stokes, Izzy, Brown and Kelvin have all left so far

In have come: Johansson (AZ) on loan, Milosevic (AIK), Whelan (Stoke) on loan, Allman (AaB), Strandberg (Rosenborg), Wellington Nem (Fluminese), Yttergård Jenssen (Tromsø) and Armand (PSG) on loan

Still have £12.72m (and a fair amount of wages left) to spend after selling the players that I can't use - Going for a back up for Wanyama at DMC or a First team starter at DMC so I can move Wanyama back into defence - but the Mexican I would like (Jorge Enriquez) to sign, can't get a WP

A good advice to anybody concedering moving Celtic to the Championship

Loose the every European game to so go out of Europe as soon as possible - it is crazy to have to play European games together with league cup, cup and Championship games

You will stock up games massively and it is very hard for the squad

After being around nr 20-25 most of the year (due to Celtic having played a hole less matches than the other teams (6-7 games behind) - and me not getting a tactic to blend probertly, I managed to get us up in the play offs just before the season ended, and through that into the EPL

Ended up playing a 2-7-1 tactic with 2 central defenders, 2 wing back, one dmc, two central midfielders, two wingers and a single striker

Hooper seemed to take a huge decrease when out with injury, so Watt became my nr 1 striker- Going to see what he can do to the EPL - he will have until Xmas to me the striker role his in the EPL

With EPL status secured and some other teams relegated, I could start to add to the squad

Jason Steele will be my back up keeper, after being transferlisted by Boro

Kieran Tippier will be back up for Matthews at right wing back

Neil Taylor will be my new left wing back

Ashley Williams will be one of my new center backs

Ryan Shawcross will be my other new center back, and record signing

so the team should look something like this...

Forster (Steele)

Shawcross (Milosevic)

Williams (Strandberg-Mulgrew)

Matthews (Tippier)

Wanyama (Simâo)

Taylor (Ahlmann)

Yttergård (Ledley)

Kayal (Hughes)

Forrest (Ademilson-Johnstone)

Wellington Nem (Zaha-McGeough))

Watt (Hooper)

• 2 weeks later...

right tims, not sure if anyone has noticed yet, the STVnews website has created a database for football manager 2013 to show what the league reconstruction will be like, i have created a thread for it here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/343323-FM13-SPLreconstruction-Courtesy-Of-STVnews

just incase anyone wishes to give it a bash :)

Have just started my sixth season with Celtic. So far I have achieved...

5 league wins - the fifth of which saw me finish the season unbeaten domestically - P38 W33 D5 L0

4 Scottish Cup wins

5 League Cup wins

Made Quarter Finals of Champions League once,

Last sixteen three times

Group Stages once.

Have brought through a lot of scottish youth. Average age of my first team squad is 23.

Plenty of scots involved at first team level.

Craig Levein just left the Scotland job. I applied and they laughed off the application. They then appoint Steve Clarke.

My reputation is World Class. I have turned down job offers from Man Utd and Inter. I should at least be in the running for the Scotland job surely!!

Have just started my sixth season with Celtic. So far I have achieved...

5 league wins - the fifth of which saw me finish the season unbeaten domestically - P38 W33 D5 L0

4 Scottish Cup wins

5 League Cup wins

Made Quarter Finals of Champions League once,

Last sixteen three times

Group Stages once.

Have brought through a lot of scottish youth. Average age of my first team squad is 23.

Plenty of scots involved at first team level.

Craig Levein just left the Scotland job. I applied and they laughed off the application. They then appoint Steve Clarke.

My reputation is World Class. I have turned down job offers from Man Utd and Inter. I should at least be in the running for the Scotland job surely!!

sometimes the appointments of a national manager leaves you speechless - just as IRL, so they got that spot on

I'm struggling to find a consistent tactic for Celtic any help would be gratefully appreciated

tactical the latest patch is **** up - so doubt that you will be able to find that

hoping and praying that there will be a upgrade on the match engine when the next patch/update comes out after the January transfer window closes

Archived