Sports Interactive Community
McGeady10

FM13: Celtic - 125 Years Of Unbroken History

Cheers bro, got so much on these days that, today is the first time ive played the beta, since the first day it came out!

Made some signings:

Gary Mackay Steven 3.5 mil

Sebastian Squillacci - 675 k

Martin Hinteregger - 1.4 mil

Biggest outs:

Kris Commons - 2.5 mil

Thomas Rogne - 1 mil

Paddy McCourt - 180k ( Stupidly put the chairman in charge of this transfer, that was swiftly taken back off him )

how are MacKay Steven doing for you? when scouted it says that he is injury prone, is that something you experience in the game?

good job mate, will do an update in a few days when get next day off but will be back in here as always Hail Hail lads

Small suggestion re your player guide, Paddy McCourt is actually from Northern Ireland and plays for Northern Ireland.........not Ireland.

Small suggestion re your player guide, Paddy McCourt is actually from Northern Ireland and plays for Northern Ireland.........not Ireland.

Celtic website has him as born in Derry, Ireland. (http://celticfc.net/player.php?id=32)

That's good enough for me so we'll just leave it as it is if that's okay with you.

e5032433.gif

2014/15 - Success??

2014/15 saw me bring in some players mainly for the future of the club.

Vjrean Sipanovic is a young Croatian left sided player on a Bosman who would add depth to the first team squad.

The only other player signed for first team duty was Hernan Pereyra, a young Argentine central midfielder with a bullet shot. Despite the hefty price tag I saw him as back up.

The only other major signing was the loan deal that took Scott Sinclair to the club for 12 months.

The other buys were strictly with the future in mind.

In terms of outgoings it was mostly loan deals for youngsters and free transfers for those who we didn't think would make it. The biggest name to leave was Kelvin Wilson on a free after only making a handful of appearances under me.

14d3ald.jpg

The biggest story of the window though as that of Victor Wanyama. After falling out with his agent the summer window passed without me able to either renew his contract or find a buyer.

A real blow to the club after turning back a £12m bid from Sunderland 12 months prior.

Anyway how did the season go?

2vkjpl1.jpg

As you can see it was a very successful league season. Again we hit over 100 goals and again we conceeded far too many.

To be honest, that's not a bad mix. The old Celtic philosophy of attack, attack, attack is well instilled in my team.

The domestic cups also offered a bit of a mixed bag this season.

We were really focussed to win the League Cup having lost out the previous two years however in doing so we took our eyes off the ball in the Scottish Cup and suffered a disappointing exit to Motherwell in the 4th round.

The League Cup however came home to Paradise as we swept to the trophy scoring 13 goals and conceeding none.

30xjxph.jpg

And then there's Europe, the place a Celtic manager will be judged now our main domestic rivals have been formally liquidated.

This is where I hold my hands up and admit, I got it wrong.

With the Wanyama contract saga dragging on through August I elected to leave him out of the team for my QUalifiers.

In doing that I was also gradually bringing Forster, Sutter and Samaras into the team after them being at the World Cup.

There were signs of concern in the first qualifer against the Champons of the Faroes when we conceded three goals beating them 7-3 on aggregate.

In the second round we easily disposed of Trnava before drawing Elfsborg in the final qualifer.

After going 1-0 down in Sweden I was worried for the game at Celtic Park and my worries were well found.

Despite dominating the game with 63% possession and 26 shots on goal we went down 2-1 to go out 3-1 on aggregate.

A huge blow.

That was the stage I decided to write Wanyama off and accept his Bosman transfer the following summer and put him back in the side.

In the Europa League we done great easily winning a tough group against APOEL, Villareal and Rennes.

We had a great run to the Quarters which included putting ELEVEN past Dortmund before going out to a Zlatan goal in Paris against PSG.

f19mv.jpg

Anyway here is the teams stats for the season...

1ruaoo.jpg

Top men for me where:

James Forrest - 42 games and played his part in 54 goals via an assist of a goal. Is attracting interest south of the border but have him tied up for another four seasons.

Gary Hooper - Another 30 plus goal season. That's 98 goals in three seasons as he continues to be my number one striker.

Tony Watt - I predicted a big year for Tony and he didn't let me down. 20 goals despite only getting 16 stats. This guy is being kept as the long term replacement for Hooper.

Daniel Ayala - Plays centre back HIMSELF in my system and had a great season. Will really soften the blow of losing Wanyama as previously we had to rely on Victor to play center back.

Next season?

I have Johnny Russell coming in on a Bosman from Dundee United.

Sadly though that is because Sami (legend) is coming into the last year of his contract and his wage demands are more than I'm prepared to meet.

Commons, who has slipped way down the pecking order, is also set for a Bosman move to West Ham.

In terms of young talents I'm hoping to give Spanish fullback Vincente some more game time as well as youth team prospect Stuart Easton.

I'm hoping to move on Lustig and allow Easton to become my second choice right fullback.

I managed to get Wanyama for £12m up front from Chelsea in the first window, with Kayal and Ledley already top class centre mids the money seemed too good to turn down.

2014/15 - Success??

2014/15 saw me bring in some players mainly for the future of the club.

Vjrean Sipanovic is a young Croatian left sided player on a Bosman who would add depth to the first team squad.

The only other player signed for first team duty was Hernan Pereyra, a young Argentine central midfielder with a bullet shot. Despite the hefty price tag I saw him as back up.

The only other major signing was the loan deal that took Scott Sinclair to the club for 12 months.

The other buys were strictly with the future in mind.

In terms of outgoings it was mostly loan deals for youngsters and free transfers for those who we didn't think would make it. The biggest name to leave was Kelvin Wilson on a free after only making a handful of appearances under me.

The biggest story of the window though as that of Victor Wanyama. After falling out with his agent the summer window passed without me able to either renew his contract or find a buyer.

A real blow to the club after turning back a £12m bid from Sunderland 12 months prior.

Anyway how did the season go?

As you can see it was a very successful league season. Again we hit over 100 goals and again we conceeded far too many.

To be honest, that's not a bad mix. The old Celtic philosophy of attack, attack, attack is well instilled in my team.

The domestic cups also offered a bit of a mixed bag this season.

We were really focussed to win the League Cup having lost out the previous two years however in doing so we took our eyes off the ball in the Scottish Cup and suffered a disappointing exit to Motherwell in the 4th round.

The League Cup however came home to Paradise as we swept to the trophy scoring 13 goals and conceeding none.

And then there's Europe, the place a Celtic manager will be judged now our main domestic rivals have been formally liquidated.

This is where I hold my hands up and admit, I got it wrong.

With the Wanyama contract saga dragging on through August I elected to leave him out of the team for my QUalifiers.

In doing that I was also gradually bringing Forster, Sutter and Samaras into the team after them being at the World Cup.

There were signs of concern in the first qualifer against the Champons of the Faroes when we conceded three goals beating them 7-3 on aggregate.

In the second round we easily disposed of Trnava before drawing Elfsborg in the final qualifer.

After going 1-0 down in Sweden I was worried for the game at Celtic Park and my worries were well found.

Despite dominating the game with 63% possession and 26 shots on goal we went down 2-1 to go out 3-1 on aggregate.

A huge blow.

That was the stage I decided to write Wanyama off and accept his Bosman transfer the following summer and put him back in the side.

In the Europa League we done great easily winning a tough group against APOEL, Villareal and Rennes.

We had a great run to the Quarters which included putting ELEVEN past Dortmund before going out to a Zlatan goal in Paris against PSG.

Anyway here is the teams stats for the season...

Top men for me where:

James Forrest - 42 games and played his part in 54 goals via an assist of a goal. Is attracting interest south of the border but have him tied up for another four seasons.

Gary Hooper - Another 30 plus goal season. That's 98 goals in three seasons as he continues to be my number one striker.

Tony Watt - I predicted a big year for Tony and he didn't let me down. 20 goals despite only getting 16 stats. This guy is being kept as the long term replacement for Hooper.

Daniel Ayala - Plays centre back HIMSELF in my system and had a great season. Will really soften the blow of losing Wanyama as previously we had to rely on Victor to play center back.

Next season?

I have Johnny Russell coming in on a Bosman from Dundee United.

Sadly though that is because Sami (legend) is coming into the last year of his contract and his wage demands are more than I'm prepared to meet.

Commons, who has slipped way down the pecking order, is also set for a Bosman move to West Ham.

In terms of young talents I'm hoping to give Spanish fullback Vincente some more game time as well as youth team prospect Stuart Easton.

I'm hoping to move on Lustig and allow Easton to become my second choice right fullback.

Could you put up a screen shot of Watt and McGeough so we can see how they are coming along under your wings?

Have you managed to up the defensive stats of Izzy (and Bengtsson) as they seem to be very low (IMO) and it could be one of the reasons that your team is letting so many goals in - I wouldn't play full backs with 10-11 in either tackling/marking/positioning (at a club of Celtic's stature)

I'll upload screens later...

McGeough hasn't came on as well as I hoped... Watt is doing the business on the pitch but he's far from a beast stats wise.

I've actually just sold Bengtsson to free up more game time for the young Croatian and Spanish left sided players I have.

Anyone else want to see some screens I'll upload this evening?

Just a quick update.

Wanyama goes on a free transfer to Watford, who've just been promoted to the Premiership.

Annoyed to lose him. Even more annoyed to lose him to a club of that stature.

:(

I'll upload screens later...

McGeough hasn't came on as well as I hoped... Watt is doing the business on the pitch but he's far from a beast stats wise.

I've actually just sold Bengtsson to free up more game time for the young Croatian and Spanish left sided players I have.

Anyone else want to see some screens I'll upload this evening?

McGeough's stats from your last season look really good - I know that he most likely have played the "easy" games with Felipe Anderson playing the difficult ones, but if started ahead of the Brazilian and keepd the average that he had, he would have outplayed what Felipe did (or there about)

Just a quick update.

Wanyama goes on a free transfer to Watford, who've just been promoted to the Premiership.

Annoyed to lose him. Even more annoyed to lose him to a club of that stature.

:(

bummer, did you have any offers for him after the first season? or is he a sell at once to get any money out of him kind of player

as I posted earlier, it is possible to get him to sign a new 5 year contract at the start of the game (demo) and I guess that having him in 5 years more than makes up for the £10m that you can get for him, so I would recommend everybody to get him to sign a new contract as soon as they start their careers as Celtic manager

I've just finished my 4th season and not only have we won the SPL for the third year in a row but I also just got these news items, actually went through very quickly and should make for a pretty interesting save from here on.

DavidOwens_NewsInbox.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-2.png

I've just finished my 4th season and not only have we won the SPL for the third year in a row but I also just got these news items, actually went through very quickly and should make for a pretty interesting save from here on.

DavidOwens_NewsInbox.png

DavidOwens_NewsInbox-2.png

well that should make it interesting with the new chairman expecting you to provide on the European stage

what facilities were downgraded and why???

well that should make it interesting with the new chairman expecting you to provide on the European stage

what facilities were downgraded and why???

we've already been exceeding board expectation under the old chairman so I'm not too worried about that bar being raised by the new guy. The training facilities were downgraded as a result of recent technological advances but the new board are increasing training and youth facilities anyway without me having had to ask and we're also in the planning stages for a new stadium, exciting times ahead by the looks of things.

I'd agree. Get him signed up. He's good at either centre back, defensive midfield or as just a normal centre mid.

Good point you raise about Felipe and McGeough. I'm going to try and give Dylan more games next season. I have a little issue at the moment with home grown players for the European squad (that's why I'm blooding Easton a year ahead of what I'd hoped to).

I'll also try and give him some more challenging games.

Felipe hasn't really delivered for me but my teams strength is on the wings so I've not been looking for too much from him. Considering tweeking my tactics and playing two up top and going without an attacking mid.

we've already been exceeding board expectation under the old chairman so I'm not too worried about that bar being raised by the new guy. The training facilities were downgraded as a result of recent technological advances but the new board are increasing training and youth facilities anyway without me having had to ask and we're also in the planning stages for a new stadium, exciting times ahead by the looks of things.

Great stuff. Should make for an interesting save!

You're lucky to be about to see the new owner though after the first season debacle :D

Great stuff. Should make for an interesting save!

You're lucky to be about to see the new owner though after the first season debacle :D

My save has certainly taken an unusually lucky turn for me since that shambles of a first season, can't shake a niggly feeling in the back of my head that something horrible is just round the corner.:(

My save has certainly taken an unusually lucky turn for me since that shambles of a first season, can't shake a niggly feeling in the back of my head that something horrible is just round the corner.:(

there should be no problems for you, unless that is you don't win any European cups next season ;-)

there should be no problems for you, unless that is you don't win any European cups next season ;-)

I've just had the European seeding news item and the SPL winner goes straight into the group stages from this season, couldn't have timed that any better. Should hopefully help us progress past christmas in the CL a bit easier.

I knew it, I just knew there would be a giant catch in this tycoon takeover' it was just too out the blue and too good to be true.

The new board have added a clause to my contract that I have to sign 'high profile players' and the confidence screen says 'very disappointed at not having done this, despite them only giving me £20 million in transfer funds. I know that in the SPL that's a mental amount of money to be given for players at any one time but how many 'high profile' players are going to be available at that price.

Some screens of players in my team at the start of season 4:

Tony Watt - as you can see his stats aren't great but he's scored goals for me so I'm not overly fussed...

34hxt1d.jpg

Dylan McGeogh - as I said he's not came on as much as I'd have liked.

14tph5u.jpg

Stuart Easton - Fullback who's came up from the Youth Academy

j7rtxx.jpg

looks promising, but he needs massive tutoring by a player with a very high determination, so he can get his determination upped

I've just had the European seeding news item and the SPL winner goes straight into the group stages from this season, couldn't have timed that any better. Should hopefully help us progress past christmas in the CL a bit easier.

I knew it, I just knew there would be a giant catch in this tycoon takeover' it was just too out the blue and too good to be true.

The new board have added a clause to my contract that I have to sign 'high profile players' and the confidence screen says 'very disappointed at not having done this, despite them only giving me £20 million in transfer funds. I know that in the SPL that's a mental amount of money to be given for players at any one time but how many 'high profile' players are going to be available at that price.

the "easiest" way to sign high profile players used to be to sign transferlisted players from the big EPL clubs (Man City, Chelsea, Spurs usually (in earlier versions of FM) have one or two transferlisted that could go down as high profil), you could try and scout Brazil and hope that there were one or two that could be classed as high profile, that were interested in joining you

would guess that Continental reputation would count as high profile

the "easiest" way to sign high profile players used to be to sign transferlisted players from the big EPL clubs (Man City, Chelsea, Spurs usually (in earlier versions of FM) have one or two transferlisted that could go down as high profil), you could try and scout Brazil and hope that there were one or two that could be classed as high profile, that were interested in joining you

would guess that Continental reputation would count as high profile

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to poach Walcott and Ribery on frees so far. Walcott's signing triggered the financial boost through shirt sales news item so that one should count but Ribery is 33 now and Mjallby only rates him 2 stars for the team, so I don't think he's high enough profile it this late stage in his career.

Continental rep I'm hoping will be high enough in most cases but age seems to play a factor as well (Ribery has continental rep, the same as Walcott). My club rep took a massive jump when the reps were announced which might prove a double edged sword, with it making it easier to compete with the real big clubs for players now but the quality of players considered high profile will likely have been raised by this as well.

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to poach Walcott and Ribery on frees so far. Walcott's signing triggered the financial boost through shirt sales news item so that one should count but Ribery is 33 now and Mjallby only rates him 2 stars for the team, so I don't think he's high enough profile it this late stage in his career.

Continental rep I'm hoping will be high enough in most cases but age seems to play a factor as well (Ribery has continental rep, the same as Walcott). My club rep took a massive jump when the reps were announced which might prove a double edged sword, with it making it easier to compete with the real big clubs for players now but the quality of players considered high profile will likely have been raised by this as well.

You're going to get sacked. This has Mark Hughes at Man City wrote all over it!

Prove me wrong :D

Some screens of players in my team at the start of season 4:

Tony Watt - as you can see his stats aren't great but he's scored goals for me so I'm not overly fussed...

34hxt1d.jpg

Dylan McGeogh - as I said he's not came on as much as I'd have liked.

14tph5u.jpg

"problem" with McGeough is that his pace is to low to be a good winger, and attacking stats aren't good enough to be a quality AMC (you could easily get another AMC that are better than him 12 crea, 13 pas, 12 tech is just to low compared to other players

Watt could do some upping as well - dribbling, passing and flair could be raised 1-2

what is it with their heights? no way Watt is 173 cm and McGeough 184 cm, seems very strange, wiki have Watt at 183 cm and McGeough at 178 cm which seem more correct

You're going to get sacked. This has Mark Hughes at Man City wrote all over it!

Prove me wrong :D

HAha, I can just see it now you mention it, the board bin me, hire Mancini and he goes an wins the CL with my Bhoys, Better not happen or my pc's getting launched out the nearest window.:)

Sevco have entered the SPL in my game with a bang...

140fbs.jpg

Haven't SI programmed it so Chucky Green refuses to go into the SPL if they gain promotion??

e5032433.gif

Sevco have entered the SPL in my game with a bang...

140fbs.jpg

Haven't SI programmed it so Chucky Green refuses to go into the SPL if they gain promotion??

e5032433.gif

I'm delighted they haven't went and done that, having far too much fun smashing at least 4 past them every time we come up against them, the ai Coisty really is useless and only managed them to 7th in their first season up in my game. Seems like they got the programming of him spot on anyway.:)

Great thread and looking forward to another year of FM and taking Celtic to the top, FM2012 was good but I only managed to win the super cup and UEFA cup, was tempted by a move from spurs to go to the premiership after 3 seasons. This year its all about the Champions League applause:

Had a wobbly start to the season, but I switched to a high 4-3-3 and have won every game (5) since:

Samaras         Hooper         Forrest

Ledley  Kayal  Brown

Izaguirre  Mulgrew   Wanyama  Matthews

Forster

I'm going to try the first season without signing any players. Maybe a single big-money January signing if budget allows.

Signed Tom Ince from Blackpool in the January window. He is absolutely incredible - 6 goals in 6 games, 2 assists, 3 PotM and an average rating of 7.93. Delighted with that.

Tope of the league (of course) and doing well in the Europa League, having marginally failed to qualify out of my Champions League group. Looking forward to next season already.

2015/2016 - More Domestic Glory

Okay season 2015/16 was another relatively successful one. Before I give more info I'll give a breakdown on ransfer activity.

I would note that I had to be very cautious in the transfer market this year as the club made a considerable loss in the absense of Champions League football last season.

The big movers were in the outgoings in fairness as a few first team players departed the club.

Felipe Anderson, who I signed for £6.5m, left to join Liverpool for a club record outgoing fee of £11.75m. I really didn't want to sell him but the money was just too much to turn back.

We also lost Wanyama on a Bosman to Watford that was a really, really bitter pill to swollow and we sold Lustig to Nordsjaelland to free up room in the squad for a good young fullback I have coming through, Easton.

Kris Commons time at the club came to a natural end whilst Efe Ambrose also departed. I was sad to see Ambrose go as he was a good utility man for me and would have got more games with Wanyama gone but he couldn't secure a work permit.

Incoming we were also quite busy.

Johnny Russell was signed on a Bosman as a long term replacement for Samaras. Jon Viera was signed on loan from Valencia and James Morrison from WBA to try and fill the void left by the departure of Felipe. Given my surprise at losing him I didn't have anyone lined up to replace him so thought these two guys would get me thorugh the season.

Nemanja Matic was what I would call a bargain buy from Benfica and would replace Wanyama in giving Livermore and Kayal competion for places in centre midfield.

Connon Wickham was picked up on a free transfer, Seb Prodl was bought in to provide cover at centre half and the rest of my signings were really with the future in mind.

I was particulary excited about the signing of 15-year-old Janoe Toldi from MTK.

o93e9y.jpg

Anyway enough about the wheeling and dealing and onto the action on the pitch. I didn't have that high expections of the team for the season that lay ahead.

I was really only wanting to secure my forth title in a row (the clubs 5th) and get back among Europes elite in the group stages of the Champions League.

It came as a bit of a surprise that we recorded our best league season so far racking up a record 98 points.

vnk16u.jpg

Although the league was won very comfortably, and impressively, I didn't feel as if we hit the same heights as in previous seasons and a lot more matches were won by late goals.

As you can see from the league newly promoted Sevco have a European place after winning the Scottish Cup.

This was a big disappointment for me especially as we went out having had a home tie against Hibs that we failed to win. They ended up putting us out in the replay before we extracted some revenge by beating them in the League Cup Final.

4jkd9k.jpg

In Europe our dreams were ended for second year in a row at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain but not after a nice little run.

In the qualifiers we easily disosed of Zalgirls 6-0 on aggregate.

We then faced CSKA sofia and lost the first leg away from home 1-0... the same scoreline we suffered going out to Elsborg in the qualifers 12 months previously.

Thankfully we learned from last years mistakes and turned them over 4-0 in Paradise before easily progressing to the group stages thumping Glentoran 8-1 over two legs.

We were handed a tough group with Man Utd, BATE and Atletico Madrid and done amazingly well not only to come through it but to actually win the group itself.

In the last 16 we suffered a 3-1 away defeat in Paris before a late away goal in the second leg saw us go out of the competition.

dc30oz.jpg

Here is my players stats for the season just passed.

301efz6.jpg

As you can see it was a little bit of a strange season with a lot of rotation and only five men playing over 40 games.

This rotation meant that our goals were shared about amongs the team more than they had been done in previously seasons.

Notes I'd take for the year are:

James Forrest is by far my most important player leading the way in both goals and assists. Without him my season could have been so much different.

Johnny Russell arrived and has now made the left wing slot his own. I'm excited about his future.

Connor Wickham done well as a free transfer and will be given more game time next season.

We now look to season 2016/17 and what promises to be my most challenging season to date.

A lot of players contracts expire at the end of 2017 so I anticipate a lot of transfer activity over the summer where I say goodbye to some stalwarts of my team.

I just hope that those staying and those coming in can continue to deliver.

Roll of Honour

SPL Champions - 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16.

League Cup Winners - 2014/15, 2015/16.

Scottish Cup Winners - 2012/13, 2013/14.

how are MacKay Steven doing for you? when scouted it says that he is injury prone, is that something you experience in the game?

Nah not experienced that yet at all, shall do a customary update shortly, going for a different tact this time

I always end up with too many keepers on FM. Glad I buy so many of them now though.

Celtic_SquadPlayers-2.png

What's your wage bill mate?

I'm in season 5 and still operating with £375k per week. Quite restrictive...

That's despite doing well in Europe.

What's your wage bill mate?

I'm in season 5 and still operating with £375k per week. Quite restrictive...

That's despite doing well in Europe.

Over a million a week, with Walcott on 76k on his own, hope my tycoon doesn't withdraw financial support any time soon or I'm financially up the proverbial creek without a paddle.:lol:

Serious man love for my new playmaker

11gstqe.jpg

Wish I had him in my team, would be the perfect foil for my new young midfield destroyer.

Murilo_OverviewAttributes.png

I'm a slow player.. Still going through 2012/2013 pre-season and having serious issues signing players. Only managed to reel in 1 of my top 3 targets and now in desperate need to bolster defense and hopefully find a talented goalkeeper.

Have a loan offer out for Squillaci, but am doubtful whether he wants to join. Any tips on potential signings are welcome! Current budget stands at €900k with €250k left for monthly wages.

You can tempt Squillaci, I signed him in the beta, then thought about it in the real game, look at Martin Hinteregger, he looks like one for the future!

When did you guys, get a tycoon take over?

You can tempt Squillaci, I signed him in the beta, then thought about it in the real game, look at Martin Hinteregger, he looks like one for the future!

I'm in season 5 and I've not had a tycoon despite running a financially sensible club that has won the league four times and acquitted themselves well in Europe.

I'm now toiling to renew my best players on new contracts.

I've brought in a DOF who's got me a good scouting network though.

I got mine in may 2016. My finances were awful and I think that plays a big part in it. You have to have finances bad enough to force the takeover but not bad enough to go into admin, then it's mostly down to luck of the draw with the takeover type I think. Have always just had promotion from within or local businessman before this one.