Football Manager 2013 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

'fm2013 dark' uses 'fm2013 dark-widgets' so you should edit the xml files in that folder. I would also change the name of the skin in 'fm2013 dark.xml' otherwise you will see two 'FM 2013 Dark' skins in the preferences drop-down box in the game and won't know which one is the edited version.

Before you posted, I didn't even know you could extract the skins using the Resource Archiver. For anyone wanting the base skins to modify, the instructions are here: http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Resource_Archiver. Put the extracted skins in the skins folder as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a download option for the FM13 dark skin available yet? I can't seem to find that collection of folders that you've screenshot there at all on my computer. I'd quite like to add a couple of mods to the dark skin so the original base skin can stop burning my retinas!

Thanks in advance.

I can't manage to combine these two dark skin folders, the original and the widgets folder.

Some kind of guide how to do so, so there will be just 1 folder so i can begin to modify my own skin. Any help would be much apreciated

Thanks in advance!

When you extract original FM 2013 skins, there will be folders (below). Shortly move all these folders to "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins". And, all contents (I mean graphics, panels etc.) of the dark theme is in "fm2013 dark-widgets" folder.

OZyJp.jpg

When you extract original FM 2013 skins, there will be folders (below). Shortly move all these folders to "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins". And, all contents (I mean graphics, panels etc.) of the dark theme is in "fm2013 dark-widgets" folder.

OZyJp.jpg

Yes that i know, but i want to start modify my own skin with the fm2013 dark as the ground. And i don't want 2 folders like on the pic, just want 1 folder but i can't manage to fix that. Combined bot dark folders into 1 folder...i mean every skin is just 1 folder and that is what i want, but i dont want to begin to modify from another skin, only the base dark..haha sorry for my bad english..

How can I edit the background and text color of this widget?

It is shown on this picture: http://i.imgur.com/JWlqFbU.jpg

I need to change this because with my eyes I can only read black text on white background and for years white skin always was like that, but this year even white skin has match elements from dark skin, why :/

So I want to know how can I modify this because I really want to play fm 2013 but currently I can't enjoy matches because of that colors. Thanks!

The dark skin has been extracted and modified for the instant result button. Just google it. (cant remember which site it was on). I've used it and put the more transparent widgets in from the Carbon skin. Just had to modify the borders by 1o pixels.

Hope this helps

The dark skin has been extracted and modified for the instant result button. Just google it. (cant remember which site it was on). I've used it and put the more transparent widgets in from the Carbon skin. Just had to modify the borders by 1o pixels.

Hope this helps

http://thefmformation.com/topic/823-fm-2013-skins-fm13-base-skin-resources/

Was this the page? They are no longer available.

Hello,

Even though Row Height is set to 19 in the League stage.txt panel xml file the rows are incredibly small...

Its great I dont have to scroll to see all teams in my league but are the values slightly higher in this years version for row heights?

Edit**

Scratch that.. manually cleared cache in settings and all ok now! Doh!

This skin is the T**ts tho! :)

They are contolled by the graphics in the following locations (depending on the selected status of the player):

\skins\fm2013-widgets\graphics\table\row

\skins\fm2013-widgets\graphics\table\custom\lineup\subs\row

\skins\fm2013-widgets\graphics\table\custom\lineup\outside squad\row

Which you'll need to extract from the skins.fmf file and copy into the same location for the base skin and then edit.

Though if you just want them all to appear as one of the default row colours then you just need to edit these lines in the 'team squad.xml' file located in the panels folder:

<!-- Starting XI Styles -->

<flags id="stxi" value="table/row"/>

<!-- Subs Styles -->

<flags id="subs" value="table/custom/lineup/subs/row"/>

<!-- Sent off Styles -->

<flags id="soff" value="table/custom/red/row"/>

<!-- Not in squad Styles -->

<flags id="nisq" value="table/custom/lineup/outside squad/row"/>

Changing the bolded bits to which of the four graphics you want to use.

If you do not wish to have the background on the players at all dependent of squad picking can you just disable so all rows are the same? i am sure this wasnt like this before?

is there a way to see the a preview of the stadium during the game before it starts like the "steklo" skin , in the dark skin of the game?i have all ready changed the information screen and see the stadium in the info of the team, but also want to see it before the game starts.thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm editing base dark skin for the best playing experience but one thing is bothering me. Is there any way to emphasise players from my team in international squads? I mean completely different colour from other international players not from my club.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know/remember how was the default skin from last year changed to allow for background images being shown sort of blurred and darkened a bit? What was the filter used? I'm looking to do a batch retouch of the backgrounds because I can't read most of the text with some of the backgrounds and I really like to use them...

Also, if someone already fixed this, can anybody point me in the right direction, thanks!

• 3 months later...

Archived