Scout and Team reports and how I use them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great one lam...Really.

You, Cleon, rashidi1 and others are constantly keeping me off the game. Your threads are so good that I can't take my eyes off the screen as I think that I have to study them for good before I play the game. And studying takes time...

Good work guys, really good work! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose that's what plug and play has done to me over the years. I've never read scout reports as I've never needed them, one tactic conquers all is a poor way to play the game. I'm so glad I'm playing it in a more realistic manner, even if it does make me look a noob having played it since Cherno Samba days! :lol:

I can't believe I've only just realised that the brown part on the scout screen refers to goals I've conceded. The whole time I thought it refered to assists from long balls in their own half. What a wallY!

Sorry to be pedantic but you do know it's red and not brown! :D

• 4 weeks later...
In relation to using the media against players, rightly or wrongly, I would never consider it against really determined players. For me it just incites the "I'll prove him wrong" attitude. You know the response.... the chap that never scores and then scores against you when you called him useless...........

If a player is volatile and could react in a way that could get himself sent off? No idea if there is evidence for this, just speculating

Well... I think the volatility is likely to be seen off the pitch rather than on it. I beleive on the pitch it is controled more by the hidden stats which will obviously have an impact on his overall personality. I'm not sure if someone who is volatile can be determined or not...... (probably), but I'm sure there is a guide out there that tells you this.

On another note, I'm glad everyone has found it so useful.

Interestingly, I played a few games yesterday, whcih I hadn't done for a number of weeks due to a new job and lost one and had to come back to my own thread to remind myself about scouting. It's very easy to forget some of these things!

LAM

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide

This suggests temperament and determination aren't definitely linked, but I would like to see what happens, low pressure might be interesting too. It'd be a bit too risky to touch I reckon... maybe a history of poor discipline. I can't get football manager at the moment, but what does Joey Barton have?

• 2 weeks later...

The post about how you handle different threats is invaluable. Even with that I find myself looking at the screens not knowing what do to with the information. It's a lot of work, but examples of what to do in a specific situation would be wonderful.

Perhaps it would be better to post screenshots about what I think I see as weaknesses, what I intend to do about it and then let others chime in with what should have been done.

• 1 month later...

I finding using Scout Reports useful at the moment, however I'm not sure that I'm using them properly!

What I do with them is:

1) If I see that a team gets most of it's assists through the middle

- I Use the Shout 'Play Narrower'.

- Use OIs to make their wingers and fullbacks not cut in. (ie. Showing ML onto left foot.)

2) If I see that a team gets most of it's assists from the flanks

- I use the Shout 'Play Wider'

- Use OIs to make their wingers and fullbacks to cut in. (ie. Showing ML onto right foot.)

Is this correct??

What do you guess they do if they have assists from all over???

If a team gets a lot of assists from a certain part of the pitch then the first thing I would check is their squad screen and check out the assists. Most likely it'll be one player and if it is, then it's far easier to do something about it.

I try to be careful about how I apply OI's. I tend to stick to 'Mark Tightly' unless I know for sure that anything else will work well. Do you check to see if a player can use both feet before checking him to one side?

The way I view OI's is that you have to sacrifice something in order to get something. By showing someone onto their weaker foot, you then tend to give them space on that foot..... which isn't so bad if they are one footed, however if they are even average on the other foot, then I'd expect problems.

Also.... bear in mind that in order to get an assist, a goal has to be scored, by playing wider you are leaving space through the middle, which might make scoring goals even easier. You can easily pick out the obvious danger men on the opposition squad screen. Look for Goals, Assists AND....... Key passes.

Mad - if you want to post some issues, then I'll try and help, but I am not currently playing as much as I was before.

What do you guess they do if they have assists from all over???

Try to work out what the source of everything is.

An assist from a winger is more than that - it is a pass from a playmaker to a winger.

Cut out the source and the winger becomes ineffective. Identifying and stopping playmakers(s) goes a long way in this game.

Your reactions will depend on the type of player amongst many other things so it's impossible to answer your question.

This is why some people suffer with FM a little, there is very rarely a definative answer for anything as a good answer will normaly start with "it depends...."

Between stats and watching the games you should be able to work out who is the key to the game. As RT pointed out above, you have to look beyond just the assists. WHO is getting the ball to the winger before he gets his cross in? Is it the MCR or the DM? Who continually re-cycles the ball?

Look at the stats during the game to see who is making lots of passes then assess their skill and that of your player. Does your player have the ability to man mark them out of the game?

If you want your players to man mark then ensure that they are doing so. I've had to use the MM instruction and OI on previous versions to ensure this happens (not sure on this version as ive not played for a while).

I tend to avoid using the OI 'close down' on opposition wingers as it can leave massive gaps in your defence when your own FB misses the tackle.

I'd also say that tight marking is rarely the way to go, especially against tricky wingers.

If you get too close to a technically gifted player with pace, they can and will beat you if you are marking too tightly.

Specific, loose man marking is sufficient to defer the immediate threat posed by these players, considerably moreso if you mark the playmaker.

• 1 month later...

Archived