Bundesliga Youth Player Registration

Hi guys,

could you help me with an issue of mine. I can't register any of my players that are younger than 17 to play for me in the Bundesliga.

There are some youth players registered, I tried playing around and when i unregister them, I'm not able to register them again.

The player is homegrown, has only played for the Schalke U19.

I'm currently in August, and the transfer window is still open. He has already gotten a number assigned.

Here are screenshots of the registration screen before I touched it

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3056/bputxi3s_jpg.htm

and after i unselected the youth players.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3056/gy6tnvua_jpg.htm

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Administrators

From our resident rule groups man Olly Kenney:

In Germany players under the age of 17 are not able to play for the senior team. This rule should be displayed on the competition Rules screen, but at the moment a bug means that it is missing and so the rule isn't obvious to the User. We are looking into having the rule be displayed to the User again.

I just had a game, when my very talented youth player had it 17th birthday on 31st August. I spent the whole FM summer thinking about not forgetting it or worrying that the registration will happen before his birthday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any official source for that? I can't find any information confirming that this is the case. However I know for a fact that Nuri Sahin made this debut at the age of 16 in 2005. I also remember being able to field players that young in Germany on FM09. So if this is true, then it must be a recent change. If it is, I find it strange that I was not able to find anything about it through google.

Do you have any official source for that? I can't find any information confirming that this is the case. However I know for a fact that Nuri Sahin made this debut at the age of 16 in 2005. I also remember being able to field players that young in Germany on FM09. So if this is true, then it must be a recent change. If it is, I find it strange that I was not able to find anything about it through google.

For season 2012/2013 players need to be born on 31/12/1995 or earlier. This has been the case for a long time.

So in reality players who were born in December 1995 for example are eligble to play right now although they are 16.

I don't know why SI have not included the official rule. The rule isn't very complicated.

Archived