Sports Interactive Community
Purefun

FM13 What team should I be!

Nation: Any, I'd rather it be out of the top 5 though so I can build the country rep

Division: Top division

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Prefer a bit of money but not really bothered

Wage Budget: Same as transfer budget

Finances: Any

Other: I'm looking for a team with a good core of young players that can be developed as the club grows. I'm looking mostly at Belgium and Ukraine but am open to other countries.

AS Roma indeed. Come aboard the Roma bus.

Nation: Any, I'd rather it be out of the top 5 though so I can build the country rep

Division: Top division

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Prefer a bit of money but not really bothered

Wage Budget: Same as transfer budget

Finances: Any

Other: I'm looking for a team with a good core of young players that can be developed as the club grows. I'm looking mostly at Belgium and Ukraine but am open to other countries.

Bundesliga - Wolfsburg ;)

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: Champions League

Media Prediction: Top 3

Board Expectation(s): Challenge for title

Transfer Budget: A few million to spend, and possibly a few sellable players

Wage Budget: Decent enough to get some good youth in

Finances: Reasonable, like having money to spend, but not bothered about having hundreds of millions

Other:

Basically, I want a team who are in the Top 3 in their division, qualified for the Champions League (but don't have to be seeded) and have a little bit of money to spend.

I like the idea of managing in Belgium, but am open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Gooner, going to try and see what I can do with them!!!!!

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: Champions League

Media Prediction: Top 3

Board Expectation(s): Challenge for title

Transfer Budget: A few million to spend, and possibly a few sellable players

Wage Budget: Decent enough to get some good youth in

Finances: Reasonable, like having money to spend, but not bothered about having hundreds of millions

Other:

Basically, I want a team who are in the Top 3 in their division, qualified for the Champions League (but don't have to be seeded) and have a little bit of money to spend.

I like the idea of managing in Belgium, but am open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

Ajax but if you dont mind to much about Champions league Psv are in the Europa league.

Belgium I would say Genk or Anderlecht

After Xmas I'm thinking of starting a new game somewhere outside the big leagues, while remaining inEurope. I'm interested in maybe Scandinavia, Belgium, Switzerland or Scotland as I haven't really played in these leagues (aside from Celtic in the Larsson days) so I'm just looking for a club that is a good starting point in these places.

Thanks.

After Xmas I'm thinking of starting a new game somewhere outside the big leagues, while remaining inEurope. I'm interested in maybe Scandinavia, Belgium, Switzerland or Scotland as I haven't really played in these leagues (aside from Celtic in the Larsson days) so I'm just looking for a club that is a good starting point in these places.

Thanks.

Odense Boldklub (OB) or Aalborg (AaB) are good shots in Denmark - they have good squads and could challenge for the title in the second season.

I'm looking for a sleeping giant team, one I can take through the lower divisions. Preferably in a big league (and I don't mind going in holiday mode for a season or two first to get a team up to play).

Otherwise a team with lots of money (but not PSG or Man City!).

Any ideas?

I'm looking for a sleeping giant team, one I can take through the lower divisions. Preferably in a big league (and I don't mind going in holiday mode for a season or two first to get a team up to play).

Any ideas?

Monaco sound perfect for you, start Ligue 2 but have good players and are owned by a Russian billionaire so get loads for transfers. There is a really good thread about Monaco.

Any ideas?

Not a big league but rangers?

Nation: England

Division: L1 / L2 (prefer 2 but no biggie)

European Competition:

Media Prediction: doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget: with space to get 2 or 3 players or being able to sell some to get space

Finances: Secure (<- important)

Other: a solid club with a nice stadium but the stadium part is not essential

Ty all!

EDIT: @astrix on the post below, i was actually thinking about rotherham, sold! thanks!

Nation: England

Division: L1 / L2 (prefer 2 but no biggie)

European Competition:

Media Prediction: doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: doesnt matter

Wage Budget: with space to get 2 or 3 players or being able to sell some to get space

Finances: Secure (<- important)

Other: a solid club with a nice stadium but the stadium part is not essential

Ty all!

Rotherham would be a good choice, there's a good thread on this forum on them.

Or maybe crewe alexandra? there's also a nice thread for them on this forum.

Having played Championship Manager from 01/02 then Football Manager every year, got a little bored last season so thought I wouldnt bother this year, however I gave in and bought the game. anyway to cut a long story short I really cannot get into the game for more than a few months. Can anyone give me some ideas who to start with, don't mind a challenge would just like to maybe finish a season.

Having played Championship Manager from 01/02 then Football Manager every year, got a little bored last season so thought I wouldnt bother this year, however I gave in and bought the game. anyway to cut a long story short I really cannot get into the game for more than a few months. Can anyone give me some ideas who to start with, don't mind a challenge would just like to maybe finish a season.

If you're looking for a challenge, I hear Portsmouth is a good one. No cash, not many players and a potential cash windfall if you get the right takeover.

Alternatively, you could play as Swansea and join me in the Swansea thread. Updating on my own at the moment. Oh god, I sound desperate don't I?!

If you're looking for a challenge, I hear Portsmouth is a good one. No cash, not many players and a potential cash windfall if you get the right takeover.

Alternatively, you could play as Swansea and join me in the Swansea thread. Updating on my own at the moment. Oh god, I sound desperate don't I?!

Miss my Swansea save from I think 08 or 09 took them from League 1 to the Premiership Kenny Miller & Georgios Samaras upfront lol

Miss my Swansea save from I think 08 or 09 took them from League 1 to the Premiership Kenny Miller & Georgios Samaras upfront lol

Would have been 08, we were a championship club in 09! Kenny Miller in a Swansea shirt.. the thought makes me sick haha.

Would have been 08, we were a championship club in 09! Kenny Miller in a Swansea shirt.. the thought makes me sick haha.

Im a wolves fan so will always remeber him for that goal against Man United :)

Looking for one team somewhere in Scandinavia, preferably either Norway, Denmark or Sweden. Not a major team, but one with decent facilities, decent prospects, hard workers and on the fringe - so one who can effectively challenge the big boys, or a second tier team who has a good chance of getting promoted/sleeping giant type.

A team in Germany, either in 1st or 2nd Division, who can challenge the top 3-5. If a 2nd division team, one who can get promoted.

AAB in Denmark or Tromso in Norway have decent sides.

In Germany maybe Hannover, Stuttgart or Wolfsburg?

Nation: A nation in Europe that has more than two playable levels

Division: Lowest playable

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Some

Wage Budget: Some spare

Finances: stable

Other: I'd like to be a team that has a squad which can challenge for promotion and plays in the lowest playable league of a country

Still looking

Nation: European outside top 10.

Division: 2nd tier or lower.

European Competition: None.

Media Prediction: Mid-table.

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table.

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter.

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter.

Finances: Healthy, able to turn a profit.

Other: I'd like a team in a smaller country with decent finances and facilities where I'd be able to challenge the top teams in a few years and in the long run buy the best players from their domestic country and build a team in a similar fashion to Bayern Munich.

Looking for a team that is a fallen giant. Not in England. Monaco spring to mind but are there any others?

Looking for a team that is a fallen giant. Not in England. Monaco spring to mind but are there any others?

Rangers?

Rangers?

Should have said 'not Rangers'. Although I might look at their team thread.

Should have said 'not Rangers'. Although I might look at their team thread.

Struggling to think of anyone other than Monaco then.. Villareal got relegated to Liga Adelante, maybe them?

Struggling to think of anyone other than Monaco then.. Villareal got relegated to Liga Adelante, maybe them?

Hmm. Nice one. Will take a look.

Thanks.

Dundee Utd. 3rd - 4th force in Scottish football in the past five odd years. They always produce great youths in real life, and you have a couple of great young players in Ryan Gauld and Mackay-Steven, already in your squad.

Nation: Any in Europe

Division: First and second

European Competition: Yes-No

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): mid-table od above

Transfer Budget: minimum 2M

Wage Budget: never mind

Finances: secure

Other: I want to play tika-taka. First opinion was Ajax,any more suggestions of any club. I'll be grateful

Other: I want to play tika-taka. First opinion was Ajax,any more suggestions of any club. I'll be grateful

Look at Wolfsburg ;) Plenty of potential.

Swansea City. It's in the clubs philosophy to play possession football both in real life and on the game. Secure finances and a budget of 10m for mid table finish.

Might I strongly suggest AS Saint Etienne in Ligue 1?

Saint-Étienne is, arguably, the most successful club in French football history having won ten Ligue 1 titles, six Coupe de France titles, and five Trophée des champions.

Their last title came in '81, I believe. Otherwise, In Italy there is Sampdoria(Romero, Poli, Palombo, Pedro) or my favourite, Pro Vercelli.

As an aside, I'm struggling to decide between Genoa or Sampdoria for my Italy save. Anyone want to sway the tie?

You know about Sampdoria - good players but very tight budgets.

Genoa - gives you a initial budget of 1.7-2.4M based on your aspirations. And Ciro Immobile, bertolacci, merkel - you can build a team around them. Plus they sacked their manager irl, so you have a challenge to do better.

As an aside, I'm struggling to decide between Genoa or Sampdoria for my Italy save. Anyone want to sway the tie?

atalanta. at least 10 of the current team can turn into international class. 7 seasons in on my save and won 3 consecutive titles, new stadium on the way. just the cl needed now

Merkel has gone to Udinese, and I always work with updated DB's :(

Will look into Atalanta too, but it's still a tie between Genoa/Samp. Though Genoa having strikers might sway it, like Borrielo.

Loving my Pescara save with some good young players. Zilch cash plus expected to finish 19th.

Looking for a team with great facilities and young squad, and no giant teams.

This will seem a little strange but here goes;

I'm looking for a team in any league in any country. My requirements are they can't be a top 4 side and they must have a good AMC as I plan on creating a strikerless formation. So rather than me load up every league on the game does anyone have any teams in mind?

It's a longshot I know...

I'm looking for a team in any league in any country. My requirements are they can't be a top 4 side and they must have a good AMC as I plan on creating a strikerless formation. So rather than me load up every league on the game does anyone have any teams in mind?

Southampton - Gaston

Watford - Forestieri

Palermo - Ilicic

Roma - Totti/Pjanic (might be a bit close to top 4)

HSV Hamburg - Rafa VDV

Liverpool - Suarez

Fiorentina - Jovetic

Southampton - Ramirez

Roma - Pjanic

HSV - Rafa van der Vaart

Southampton - Gaston

Watford - Forestieri

Palermo - Ilicic

Roma - Totti/Pjanic (might be a bit close to top 4)

HSV Hamburg - Rafa VDV

Cheers mate. I am thinking Roma maybe, they seem to have a perfect squad for it from what I've just seen. If I'd not gone Spurs on my other save they'd have been perfect for it :(

Liverpool - Suarez

Fiorentina - Jovetic

Southampton - Ramirez

Roma - Pjanic

HSV - Rafa van der Vaart

Fiorentina does look like a decent team to try what I want.

Cheers for the tips lads :)

Cheers mate. I am thinking Roma maybe, they seem to have a perfect squad for it from what I've just seen. If I'd not gone Spurs on my other save they'd have been perfect for it :(

Fiorentina does look like a decent team to try what I want.

Cheers for the tips lads :)

Spurs would've been perfect but we're top 4 ;)

I'd go with HSV myself but that's just due to my man love for Rafa.

European minnows with secure finances and can afford Alex (free+23k wages) and Adryan. Want to build a team around AMC.

Nation:Any

Division:Not top division of the Nation

European Competition: Probably not see above

Media Prediction: Mid table - top

Board Expectation(s): Not fussed

Transfer Budget: Enough to strengthen if need be

Wage Budget:same as above

Finances: not Portsmouth

Other: I want a good young side I can bring up through the leagues. Technically proficient if possible but a young side is more important. I've thought of Crewe but thats about it :)

Cheers in advance

Nation:Any

Division:Not top division of the Nation

European Competition: Probably not see above

Media Prediction: Mid table - top

Board Expectation(s): Not fussed

Transfer Budget: Enough to strengthen if need be

Wage Budget:same as above

Finances: not Portsmouth

Other: I want a good young side I can bring up through the leagues. Technically proficient if possible but a young side is more important. I've thought of Crewe but thats about it :)

Cheers in advance

Sheffield United have a few youngsters who can be trained up. You've also got some experienced players to help with tutoring and stuff. Hardly any money but it doesn't matter with the squad you have available.

First season is pretty easy but its harder once you hit 2nd season. You get some good regens normally as well during youth intakes.

Sheffield United have a few youngsters who can be trained up. You've also got some experienced players to help with tutoring and stuff. Hardly any money but it doesn't matter with the squad you have available.

First season is pretty easy but its harder once you hit 2nd season. You get some good regens normally as well during youth intakes.

Your a Sheffield fan aren't you, slightly biased ;) Ill have a look at em, thanks Cleon