Sports Interactive Community
Purefun

FM13 What team should I be!

Yeah El_Loco7, i actually tried HJK, but just couldn't find a fitting tactic for them and rage quitted haha, had a 3+ season game with Maribor earlier in the year. The Danish league is too good imo, but Zagreb is a great shout tho. Any more lower quality clubs you have in mind :) ?

Yeah I think Zagreb could be be perfect for this type of game!

Others? Viktoria Plzen won't have the league all their own way with Sparta Prague but look set to be favourites for the title, indeed taking two out of the last three title in real life and have couple of great young players to build around such as the attacking talent that is Davida.

'Ultimate' minnows... Shamrock Rovers would be a big challenge, or Norway have a poor coefficient but decent teams such as Rosenborg.

As a suggestion to anyone, not really in reference to a specific post. Real betis are turning out to be a cracking little save for me.

Struggling to motivate myself this year so could with some help

Nation: Any (would rather stay away form England)

Division: Top Division

European Competition: Not Important

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): The Lower the Better

Transfer Budget: Money would be nice but not important

Wage Budget: Any as Long as I dont start over my budget

Finances: Not Too Important, I like to wheel and deal and build my finances

Other: A decent sized ground is always an advantage but the most important thing for me is a very patient board as it takes me longer than most to get my ideas accross.

Nation:Any in Europe

Division: Top is preferred, but I don't mind a lower league

European Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Not too bothered, maybe not relegation. Definitely upper if a lower league.

Board Expectation(s): I don't really mind as long as they're achievable(I don't mind if I have to sign players to get it, though)

Transfer Budget: I don't really mind, but i'd like something to spend

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Decent, not a club that is bleeding money

Other: I really just can't decide :lol: I've had very successful long term saves with both Southampton and Swansea. I wouldn't mind doing something like that again, or even starting slightly lower.

Thanks guys, I really don't know what team to manage

I guess what I'm asking for is a team with the potential to achieve, but they're not quite there yet

Looking for a final FM13 save before 14 comes out and want to be a big big team as not been one on this FM yet.

Nation: England/Spain/Germany/Italy/France

Division: Top division.

European Competition: UCL

Media Prediction: To win/challenge the league.

Board Expectation(s): To win/challenge the league.

Transfer Budget: not especially fussed

Wage Budget: not especially fussed

Finances: Rich

Other: Club where youth can be produced along with big money signings.

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Outside Champions League to Mid Table

Board Expectation(s): Lower EL to respectable league position

Transfer Budget: I can work with anything

Wage Budget: Meaningless but I'd prefer a team with a wage structure

Finances: No immediate danger

Other: A team where I can work on a few tactical ideas and maybe overachieve/ challenge for CL places

Just bumping this again, some shouts please chaps. Ideally I'd like a good set up of creative strikers and midfielders with goals in them, but a salable asset to fund a signing or two would work just as well. :)

Nation: Any top European nation

Division: Anything

European Competition: Not required

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): Anything that isn't impossible!

Transfer Budget: Anything

Wage Budget: Anything

Finances: Anything

Other: I want to take a team who used to be great but have fallen on hard times back to the top, or maybe a "sleeping giant", or even just a team wth crap finances :p So yeah, anything along those lines :)

Just bumping this again, some shouts please chaps. Ideally I'd like a good set up of creative strikers and midfielders with goals in them, but a salable asset to fund a signing or two would work just as well. :)

Newcastle, Malaga, Fiorentina all decent shouts even Udinese and Everton

Other: I want to take a team who used to be great but have fallen on hard times back to the top, or maybe a "sleeping giant", or even just a team wth crap finances :p So yeah, anything along those lines :)

Liverpool, Roma or Valencia ?

Newcastle, Malaga, Fiorentina all decent shouts even Udinese and Everton

The only team there without first season European football is Everton whom I have just played as! It's no biggy but I would prefer a team half a bracket below those stated please. :)

Edit! And Fiorentina! We may be onto someting here TBB!

Nation:Any in Europe

Division: Top is preferred, but I don't mind a lower league

Media Prediction: Not too bothered, maybe not relegation. Definitely upper if a lower league.

Board Expectation(s): I don't really mind as long as they're achievable(I don't mind if I have to sign players to get it, though)

Transfer Budget: I don't really mind, but i'd like something to spend

Finances: Decent, not a club that is bleeding money

Other: I really just can't decide :lol: I've had very successful long term saves with both Southampton and Swansea. I wouldn't mind doing something like that again, or even starting slightly lower.

Thanks guys, I really don't know what team to manage

I guess what I'm asking for is a team with the potential to achieve, but they're not quite there yet

I still really can't decide :(

Nation: Holland/Netherlands

Division: Eredivisie, but would consider second division

Media Prediction: Want either a top team (outside PSV and Ajax) or a mid table team

Board Expectation(s): Not bothered. Challenge for title or Euro qualification would be my aim though

Transfer Budget: Not bothered, but would like something, so not nothing

Finances: Not bothered, but don't want too much (would rather no) debt

Never have managed in Holland so wanna give it a go.

So far I'm thinking AZ, Twente, Vitesse, Utrecht or Feyenoord, but would consider anyone really except PSV and Ajax. Would even consider second div.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Out of AZ, Twente, Vitesse, Utrecht and Feyenoord who would you guys recommend?

I still really can't decide :(

Hate to bump my post again but I really can't decide :(

Want a team with potential to succeed but isn't quite there yet

Hate to bump my post again but I really can't decide :(

Want a team with potential to succeed but isn't quite there yet

I'm enjoying a good save with West Brom at the moment if they're the sort of team you're looking for? Definitely have the squad to finish above the board expectations.

The only team there without first season European football is Everton whom I have just played as! It's no biggy but I would prefer a team half a bracket below those stated please. :)

Edit! And Fiorentina! We may be onto someting here TBB!

Fiorentina didn't work out I'm afraid, throw the suggestions at me please and one may hit me!

Bumping!

Villa or Forest in England? Both have been European champions in the 80s and have a solid team for the level they are at.

Nation: England

Division: League 1 or 2

European Competition: na

Media Prediction: na

Board Expectation(s): na

Finances: okay( no huge loans )

Other: I like to build at team with young players, team must gave fairly good training and youth facilities

(playing with 2013 updates)

Sounds like you might like Crewe. They have 5* youth facilities.

Need a club in League 1 or League 2 with a fairly large wage budget. I know Fleetwood Town had one on first few patches but they no longer have that.

Nation: Europe or South America

Division: Any

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: Don't mind

Board Expectation(s): Don't mind

Transfer Budget: alittle bit to work with would be nice but not too bothered either way

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: See above

Other: Really just looking for a fun save that I can mess about with until FM 14 comes out

Nation: England

Division: BSN/BSS

European Competition: na

Media Prediction: na

Board Expectation(s): na

Finances: okay

Other: Im playing on FMC so can only load 3 nations but wanna bring the team all the way to the Prem before FM 14 comes out. Also same with teams in spain,italy and france bottom leages.

Nation: Europe, but not England, nor Spain if they have a 'B' team.

Division: Preferably not top division if in Germany, Italy or France. Top division in minor footballing European nations are ok. I want to turn this team in to a European force, but not from the major nations.

European Competition: No.

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter.

Board Expectation(s): A patient board would be a bonus, but not overly fussed.

Other: Looking at average attendance as my main attraction; i.e. they have a big average attendance compared to their peers. Even if that's 10,000 when everyone else is on 6,000-7,000 say.

Nation: Europe, but not England, nor Spain if they have a 'B' team.

Division: Preferably not top division if in Germany, Italy or France. Top division in minor footballing European nations are ok. I want to turn this team in to a European force, but not from the major nations.

European Competition: No.

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter.

Board Expectation(s): A patient board would be a bonus, but not overly fussed.

Other: Looking at average attendance as my main attraction; i.e. they have a big average attendance compared to their peers. Even if that's 10,000 when everyone else is on 6,000-7,000 say.

France Ligue 2 Havre AC France National FC Metz or FC Rouen. There are a ton of teams in Frances lower division that will be good. Also when you get up to Ligue 1 you will have to deal with the cash giant in PSG and Lyon, lilly, Bord are all tough teams and the league is pretty even.

For gate Recites i don't really know where to look for that so ill leave you to look it up if your interested.

France Ligue 2 Havre AC France National FC Metz or FC Rouen. There are a ton of teams in Frances lower division that will be good. Also when you get up to Ligue 1 you will have to deal with the cash giant in PSG and Lyon, lilly, Bord are all tough teams and the league is pretty even.

For gate Recites i don't really know where to look for that so ill leave you to look it up if your interested.

Thank you, had a dig around and FC Metz look perfect for what I was looking for (irl 18,545 turned up for their last game in Ligue 3 last season...just found out). Not a bad youth set up either which is a bonus. Thanks.

In Brazil, should I be Corinthians, Santos or FC Sao Paulo?

Appreciate your advice!

Nation: European.

Division: Any.

European Competition: Preferably none.

Media Prediction: Any.

Board Expectation(s): Realistic.

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter.

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter.

Finances: Not completely dire.

Other: I need a challenge to keep me occupied until FM14 release, so I'm guessing less than two months, take into account that I take around a week IRL to play a 46-game season and I'm not one of those guys who take over a team and win everything straight away.

Anyone played with dynamo Dresden? any good?

I did, decent size stadium (for that level that is), fairly strong squad, healthy finances... and what's the most important in save game for me, great history, and story behind the club. Despite media prediction 12th in the first season I finished second and got promoted, from that point on you are pretty much set up as far as finances go as long as you stay up in the 1. Bundesliga.

In Brazil, should I be Corinthians, Santos or FC Sao Paulo?

Appreciate your advice!

Sao Paulo or Cruziero are the two teams i usually play in Brazil

Nation: European.

Division: Any.

European Competition: Preferably none.

Media Prediction: Any.

Board Expectation(s): Realistic.

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter.

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter.

Finances: Not completely dire.

Other: I need a challenge to keep me occupied until FM14 release, so I'm guessing less than two months, take into account that I take around a week IRL to play a 46-game season and I'm not one of those guys who take over a team and win everything straight away.

Any Team in Ligue 2 would be good and challenging except AS Monaco or you can play LOSC Lille ,Montepellier,Toulouise, there are alot of good teams in France and its a fun save im playing Lyon till FM14 comes out. Also Seria B Would be good or you can do Genoa,Roma,Parma in italy in Spain there is alot of good teams in the 2nd Division.

Nation:Any besides England,France,Italy

Division:Lowest Division

European Competition: A League that is able to compete later on in the Champions and Euro League.

Media Prediction: Don't Matter

Board Expectation(s): Don't Matter

Transfer Budget:Would like to have a little so i can add a few players if needed

Wage Budget:Medium is fine middle of the table for the league there in

Finances:Secure or insecure is fine

Other:I Want a lower league save out of my comfort Zone i always manage in Italy,France,and England need something that is gonna keep me on my toe's

I just wanna get challenged again in a lower league save i have never played in the rest of the Europe countries . did play in ireland a few times back in fm10 but nothing else.

I'm looking to start a new game in the German 2nd or 3rd division. I like the look of St Pauli, Dynamo Dresden or Leipzig but I am willing to look at others if anyone has had any experience. I'm looking for a team with some decent youngsters and not much success in the more top leagues.

This is for fm 14

Nation: Don't care but I prefer Europe

Division: Don't care

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Don't care

Board Expectation(s): Don't care

Transfer Budget: Don't care

Wage Budget: Don't care

Finances: Don't care

Other: I want to go to a team that has psycho fan base. When I mean psycho, I mean batshit crazy. One where the team scream bloody murder after you lose one game and/or start fight with other teams fans when they say "Your team SUCKS!". I prefer if they have a cool kit, I hate the colour red.

This is for fm 14

Nation: Don't care but I prefer Europe

Division: Don't care

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Don't care

Board Expectation(s): Don't care

Transfer Budget: Don't care

Wage Budget: Don't care

Finances: Don't care

Other: I want to go to a team that has psycho fan base. When I mean psycho, I mean batshit crazy. One where the team scream bloody murder after you lose one game and/or start fight with other teams fans when they say "Your team SUCKS!". I prefer if they have a cool kit, I hate the colour red.

I think it would be best to wait until the FM14 version of this thread is created and when FM 14 itself is out before asking imo.

I think it would be best to wait until the FM14 version of this thread is created and when FM 14 itself is out before asking imo.

I'm preparing for fm 14. There has to be a club with a crazy fan base.

I'm preparing for fm 14. There has to be a club with a crazy fan base.

Hmm, I'm not sure which clubs have crazy fan bases. I would guess maybe a Turkish team or Serbian team?

Nation: Europe

Division: Top or second

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Not any team from 1st to 6th

Board Expectation(s): Not bothered

Transfer Budget: Atleast something to bring a player two in

Finances: Atleast secure

Other: I would like a club that has good youth facilities and I can try and bring through my own players.

Nation: Europe

Division: Top or second

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Not any team from 1st to 6th

Board Expectation(s): Not bothered

Transfer Budget: Atleast something to bring a player two in

Finances: Atleast secure

Other: I would like a club that has good youth facilities and I can try and bring through my own players.

Aston Villa, Calgiari, Bologna, West Brom, Bastia, Mainz.

Just to make note, if you pick Villa on the default 13.3 patch you won't have much money at all in the first season and much depends on moving on highly paid players.

Thank you. I have already done a WBA save but I will look at the others and see which one suits me.

Just to make note, if you pick Villa on the default 13.3 patch you won't have much money at all in the first season and much depends on moving on highly paid players.

Thanks to you also.

Cant make my mind up so someone give me some ideas please. Not looking for a lower league team. A mid-lower team in the top leagues with some money and decent youth in any league.

How about Forest? They have £5m to spend, decent facilities, strongish squad already. No pressure either as only top half finish expected. Not top league though.

Cant make my mind up so someone give me some ideas please. Not looking for a lower league team. A mid-lower team in the top leagues with some money and decent youth in any league.

Real Sociedad! :D

They don't have much money though but aren't in the red. They have a few great young players. They are a team that has potential to grow.