Nation:Brazil, Argentina, Chile, or Mexico

Division:First division

Continental Competition:yup

Media Prediction:1st-5th

Board Expectation(s):title challenge

Transfer Budget:doesn't matter

Wage Budget:doesn't matter

Finances:secure or Okay

Other: This will be the first time I try out a club in the Americas. I just want a squad with a solid foundation and a couple of stars.

Nation: Scotland

Division: Premier league or Division 1

I don't really want to be any of these: Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Hibernian or Hearts

Basically wanting a good challenge to be able to work my way up the European leagues as manager.

After coming out of a long save with Bradford I'm going through a rut in FM. So I'm looking for.

Nation: England or Germany

Division: Prem, Championship, Bundesliga.

Continental competition: Not bothered.

Media prediction: Mid-table

Board expectations: Promotion/Mid-table to Europe for the top leagues.

Transfer budget: Decent to bring in a few faces

Wage budget: Same with transfer

Finances: Secure

Other: Have a good squad that can build for better things.

Nation: Scotland or Ireland

Division: Ideally the top division in the country (though not necessarily)

Continental competition: Not too bothered - either Europa League or none at all

Media prediction: 2nd - 5th

Board expectations: N/A

Transfer budget: Again, don't really care

Wage budget: See above

Finances: Secure

Other: Decent youth system; looking to make them regulars in Europe over time. Also preferably a team with a good history (though again not necessary)

I fancy a Finland save, bored of usual saves, does any one have experience in this league, like to start from the bottom

Try playing Zagreb in Croatian League. Top facilities with good prospects. Another good thing about Croatia is the fact that it takes only two years to gain Croatian Nationality which really helps you with the foreign slots (6 i think). You could also take the challenge of bringing good players from top countries and strengthening the Croatian National Team

I'm looking at any of these:

AS Monaco

Atletico Madrid

Man Utd (my English team)

Tottenham

Valencia

Looking to develop/buy young talent regularly so basically a youth save.

Would appreciate a recommendation :) Reason I'm bumping this as I want to start a save tomorrow, cheers.

Nation: England

Division: Not Premier League and preferably not The Championship either

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Not important

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Not important, though I wouldn't like to go under administration for at least the first season

Other: I am looking for a club that can play a rigid 4-4-2 and is set up this way. And if not that, then a club that employs a unique tactical system. Either will do fine.

I always found that Torquay suited a rigid style when ever I have played as them, and I have enjoyed a fair few saves with them too. Also, how about Bradford? Some good players, especially for League Two. Northampton as well.

In League 1 you could look at Pompey? Would probably have to rely on trying to nick points there by being defensively sound. Yeovil or Hartlepool would probably be a decent save as well.

I always found that Torquay suited a rigid style when ever I have played as them, and I have enjoyed a fair few saves with them too. Also, how about Bradford? Some good players, especially for League Two. Northampton as well.

In League 1 you could look at Pompey? Would probably have to rely on trying to nick points there by being defensively sound. Yeovil or Hartlepool would probably be a decent save as well.

Thanks, mate. I'll look at all the above.

Meanwhile, I've stumblen upon the Crewe guide. Do they suit this style of play or are they more of a 4-2-3-1 team from start?

This thread was very helpful last time I was looking for a club, so I thought I'd try it again!

Nation: Anywhere in Asia is fine, though I'm particularly interested in Australia and South Korea.

Division: Any

Continental Competition: I don't mind!

Media Prediction: Not important.

Board Expectation(s): Play attacking football.

Transfer Budget: Who cares? Not I!

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: Either profitable or a total mess.

Other: I tend to cling to my 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 in terms of tactics so a squad that fits those systems would be cool.

Thanks, mate. I'll look at all the above.

Meanwhile, I've stumblen upon the Crewe guide. Do they suit this style of play or are they more of a 4-2-3-1 team from start?

Not a problem playing a 4-4-2 with the Alex although you will need a few left midfielders as the squad is short in that department. You can rotate Moore and West on the right, Murphy, Osman, Aneke and Inman (although the latter 2 are more attacking midfielders than central ones) and natural left back Robertson is the only accomplished left midfielder from the original squad.

Nation: Europe away from the bigger leagues of England, France, Germnay, Italy and Spain

Division: Top

Continental Competition: Dont mind

Media Prediction: Dont mind

Board Expectation(s): Preferably none but dont mind

Transfer Budget: Not too important although a couple of million would be nice

Wage Budget: Again not too important

Finances: as above

Other: Ive played all my saves in the above leagues so Im looking to start up somewhere new to start up.

Division: Premier League/Leaders of Championship

Continental Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Either avoid relegation/mid-table in Premiership, or favourites for Promotion/Playoff in Championship

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Some money would be ideal, I like to bring a few players in

Wage Budget: Whatever, as long as there's enough to bring a player or two in

Basically, I've hit the FM rut. I can't get a save going, and having tried Monaco, Birmingham, Real Madrid and Helsingor in the last week, I've just not got anything going. I'd ideally like something from above, but am open to suggestions. Just want a save I can really get into, with a decent side with reasonable prospects. Any ideas?

Division: Premier League/Leaders of Championship

Continental Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Either avoid relegation/mid-table in Premiership, or favourites for Promotion/Playoff in Championship

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Some money would be ideal, I like to bring a few players in

Wage Budget: Whatever, as long as there's enough to bring a player or two in

Basically, I've hit the FM rut. I can't get a save going, and having tried Monaco, Birmingham, Real Madrid and Helsingor in the last week, I've just not got anything going. I'd ideally like something from above, but am open to suggestions. Just want a save I can really get into, with a decent side with reasonable prospects. Any ideas?

I am in a similar position to you, I would suggest for premier league maybe Norwich, Wigan, Southampton, QPR and for championship Cardiff, Bolton, Leicester they would seem like a decent challenge.

I was tempted by Bolton, but then saw that they have ridiculous debts of £139m! I've updated the Championship and Premier League promotions/relegations, and am going with QPR in the Championship!

What do people think regarding starting a long term save now? Do you think it's too late in FM13's cycle to start one if I was planning on buying FM14 at launch?

You've got about 5 months until FM14 comes out, it's definately enough time to warrent starting a long term game.

Hey guys, sorry but I'm doing a bit of shameless plugging trying to get some popularity on my update.

Myself and dupeball have been working long and hard on updating the DB to the 13/14 season, with all promotions/relegations, budgets, transfers etc. up to date! I have a Beta file out atm, but am releasing the latest file at 2pm today, so if you guys are struggling to think of a team to be, then head over to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/354043-DaveMUFCs-Mega-Summer-2013-Transfer-Update and grab my file! You're sure to rekindle your love for the game building a premier league quality squad at Hull, Cardiff or Palace, or playing as QPR in the championship, or Monaco with their new super squad in the French league! :D

Want to start one more long term save before the new FM.

Not sure who to pick from Charlton, Millwall and Burnley.

Really like Millwall's squad but they have that stigma still attached to them...

Nation: Anywhere but England

Division: Top league

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: doesnt matter, im thinking long term

Board Expectation(s): Any really, pref mid table/lower end of the table.

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: room to play

Finances: a decent amount

Other: Want a team away from England that I can build up using the clubs youth system and having some money to bring in some good young players

Nation: Portugal, Italy, England, France, Germany, Netherlands

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team that plays perfectly fine in 4-1-4-1 ( I wanna use the 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic)

Nation: Portugal, Italy, England, France, Germany, Netherlands

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team that plays perfectly fine in 4-1-4-1 ( I wanna use the 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic)

Southampton, Lyon, FC Twente

Thats 3 teams that have a squad that could fit that formation pretty well I think.

I'm looking for a team with growing potential in a major country so the game will be fun for more than just one season. I don't want to be top 3 for the league in the first season, but would like to be able to challenge for European qualification first season and eventually, a few years down, be a contender for the title. Any suggestions? Preferably with a good striker because that's the one position I can't find great gems for on 13.3.0.

I'm looking for a team with growing potential in a major country so the game will be fun for more than just one season. I don't want to be top 3 for the league in the first season, but would like to be able to challenge for European qualification first season and eventually, a few years down, be a contender for the title. Any suggestions? Preferably with a good striker because that's the one position I can't find great gems for on 13.3.0.

Aston Villa with Benteke.

Looking for a Spanish/Italian/German or English team to manager, really stuck on who. Not top 4 but someone who can push for Europe and has a decent set of youngsters, shortlist so far is;

Newcastle

Southampton

Roma

Real Sociedad

Valencia CF

Gladbach

Them sort of teams, just undecided.

I'm looking for a team that has a good squad, capable of pushing for Europe or already in Europe I dont really mind, don't mind what league and has a bit of money to play around with, most important it has to have longevity, I was thinking about Marseille or Atletico Madrid feel free to give suggestions

Try playing Zagreb in Croatian League. Top facilities with good prospects. Another good thing about Croatia is the fact that it takes only two years to gain Croatian Nationality which really helps you with the foreign slots (6 i think). You could also take the challenge of bringing good players from top countries and strengthening the Croatian National Team

good call master I will take you up on that one. maybe not zagreb though might start a little further down, and like the sound of the national side

Looking for a team that has a player who can be sold for lots and lots of money in the first or second transfer window, more than what he's worth. Thought of WBA where Spurs will bid £15m for Long but any other suggestions are welcome.

I have rounded my selection down to 3 teams, I'm wanting to have a decent budget over time and also developing young players.

Who should I go between these 3: Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad or Valencia?