FM13 What team should I be!

Purefun

I'm looking at Vitesse, sugar daddy will put money in and I could make good money from Wilfried Bony. They are decent but not great, solid mid-table in a tight league. Would expectations get sky high very quickly though with the sugar daddy?

I played with Vitesse before Bony will score for fun on the Erividisie, your expected to finish third on the league on the first season. Overall is a fun save you got a good prospect too with Van Ginkel.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the new patch is out i wanted to start a new save

Nation: More or less anywhere, i have really enjoyed saves in Ukraine the last few FM's with a variety of teams so if somewhere similar the better

Division: Any

Media Prediction: Would rather it not be someone who is favourite for the league or could win the league straight away (top division only)

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Anyway hope someone can help as i cant make my mind up thanks

I'm still looking for the following: :(

As ever squad building and tactical flexibility will be key to my save. So:

Europe

Top Tier

Mid Table

Plus - Either a small squad and a good budget or a larger squad which could utilise a few formations. I'm thinking being able to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 so I need traditional Wingers and inside forwards, box to box mids and defensive ones too.

Tricky, I know.

I'm still looking for the following: :(

As ever squad building and tactical flexibility will be key to my save. So:

Europe

Top Tier

Mid Table

Plus - Either a small squad and a good budget or a larger squad which could utilise a few formations. I'm thinking being able to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 so I need traditional Wingers and inside forwards, box to box mids and defensive ones too.

Tricky, I know.

How about Sunderland? Small squad but not a huge budget (about £2.5M) but a few traditional wingers in Larson, Johnson and McLean and can play 4-4-2 with Graham and Fletcher upfront of 4-2-3-1 with one of the two and Sessegnon just behind the striker :).

Nation: Not england or france

Media Prediction: 4 - 18

Other: I'm going to start a new save and this time i want a long-term save.

I'm looking for a decent squad. A little bit of money and have some good youngsters ( under 18 and under 21 ). I dont want a team who has players with low

work-rate and teamwork and who has players who like to shoot from distant.

Hope you guys can help me!

Looking for a team that has right players to play 4-5-1 formation with dm' date=' two cms, 2 wingers and lone striker

Also normal finances and some promising youngsters and no Europe first season.[/b']

Feyenoord? Saint Etienne (don't think they are in Europe) not sure.

Edit, Feyenoord are in European competition.

Feyenoord? Saint Etienne (don't think they are in Europe) not sure.

Edit, Feyenoord are in European competition.

Will give Saint Etienne a go. A sleeping giant of French football and some nice youngsters there as well. :) Kurt Zouma :cool:

Will give Saint Etienne a go. A sleeping giant of French football and some nice youngsters there as well. :) Kurt Zouma :cool:

Cool choice' date=' though Sampdoria fit your criteria too.

Looking for a mid table team in either La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga. Dont mind about finances really although a couple of million would be nice.

Bundi - HSV or Hannover

Serie A - Udinese, Fiorentina, Genoa

Nation: Spain/England/Germany

Division: Top

European Competition: Eligible for either

Media Prediction: Around mid-table

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Not too high or too low.

Wage Budget: Same with the TB

Finances: Secure

Other: Team that are capable of building over time to win the league and European comps.

Board Expectation(s):

Other: Team that are capable of building over time to win the league and European comps.

Liverpool may be a decent challenge to try and get back into CL and then to challenge for the title and European honours.

Nation: Not england or france

Media Prediction: 4 - 18

Other: I'm going to start a new save and this time i want a long-term save.

I'm looking for a decent squad. A little bit of money and have some good youngsters ( under 18 and under 21 ). I dont want a team who has players with low

work-rate and teamwork and who has players who like to shoot from distant.

Hope you guys can help me!

Who can help me?

Board Expectation(s):

Real Sociedad

Nation: Any major

Division: preferably not top

European Competition: no

media prediction: preferably not 1-4 place

board expectations: same

Transfer budget: any

wage budget: same

finances: don't mind

other: looking for a long term challenge, preferably a club with room to grow. Young players I can mold and shape, or good youth facilities. A star player would be cool, but not necessary. Basically something moderately difficult to keep me interested for months.

other: looking for a long term challenge, preferably a club with room to grow. Young players I can mold and shape, or good youth facilities. A star player would be cool, but not necessary. Basically something moderately difficult to keep me interested for months.

Aston Villa

Although in the top division, Sampdoria. Poli, Pedro, Icardi.....top training facilities and very good youth facilities. A clu that needs re-shaping

I want to take a side to the top of their league and later Europe. Preferably they're not playing European football and they're made of good young players largely from their own country.

St. Etienne is one of my options but worried that the French League may be too easy in terms of competition down the line with only PSG, Marseille and Lyon really top teams.

Sampdoria is another option, and in Germany I'm looking at Hoffenheim and Leverkusen.

What do you guys think and if there's any other side you propose let me know.

Nation: Any Nation with atmost 1 euro spot or asian federation cup spot

Division: Top or Second

European Competition:Neither

Media Prediction:Relegation if Top, Promotion battle for Second

Board Expectation(s):Either

Transfer Budget: Enough to build upon

Wage Budget:^

Finances: N/A

Other: Basically I want to take a club with no past what so ever to become the icon of the nation. More like Ajax is in Netherlands

I want to take a side to the top of their league and later Europe. Preferably they're not playing European football and they're made of good young players largely from their own country.

St. Etienne is one of my options but worried that the French League may be too easy in terms of competition down the line with only PSG, Marseille and Lyon really top teams.

Sampdoria is another option, and in Germany I'm looking at Hoffenheim and Leverkusen.

What do you guys think and if there's any other side you propose let me know.

Real Sociedad absolutely ;) Squad full of potential, young players and in first team i think they have around 6 home-grown players if im correct, maybe more. Dont remember exactly. And no European football first season.

Edit: I was wrong there are 16 players at the start in first team that are from Sociedad academy ;)

Looking for a team with a pretty huge squad in terms of players at the club currently and on loan or co-owned if in Italy....Had a great save with Udinese and loved being in charge of so many players, and looked forward to loads of players coming back and buying some players back through the co ownership rule, too bad it was over by December in the 1st year :(

In the mood for a championship game, although I'm struggling to pick between Watford and Wolves. On the one hand, I do love Wolves, I have for the last few years because I loved a FIFA career mode with them and got to know who all the players were, and I do love the size of their squad. But then with Watford, I have quite liked them for a few years also too, watching them when they had Ben Foster in the prem, and I'm a massive fan of Serie A so love the Italian influence on the club at the moment, although I'm not sure if FM can simulate real life and if I'd be able to sign a lot of the players who I have on loan? Or if it'd be as easy as in real life to grab players on loan from Udinese or Granada....Argh, decisions!

Real Sociedad absolutely ;) Squad full of potential' date=' young players and in first team i think they have around 6 home-grown players if im correct, maybe more. Dont remember exactly. And no European football first season.

Edit: I was wrong there are 16 players at the start in first team that are from Sociedad academy ;)[/quote']

Excellent. How did you get your affinity to them?

media prediction: Any

board expectations: Any

finances: Rich

other: Im looking to splash the cash to take a club to up to the top division and turn them into a top club. Any suggestions (other than editing the database to give a team money. Would rather avoid this scenario.)

@DaveMUFC try a Brazilian team. They require a lot of players due to the fact that they might have one of the highest number of games played.

I do plan on making a Santos save at some point soon, as I love their team and obviously Neymar :p But I'm a bit of a wheeler dealer and I love trying to grab loads of players who get transfer listed over the year and the bosman players, so the Brazilian league puts me off a little bit in that respect, as I can't really attract any European players...

Real Sociedad absolutely ;) Squad full of potential' date=' young players and in first team i think they have around 6 home-grown players if im correct, maybe more. Dont remember exactly. And no European football first season.

Edit: I was wrong there are 16 players at the start in first team that are from Sociedad academy ;)[/quote']

might refresh the team guide i created last season for this years game if there are a few people playing as them.

started a new save with RS on the new patch, just finished season 2. still got some great youngsters to begin with.

might refresh the team guide i created last season for this years game if there are a few people playing as them.

started a new save with RS on the new patch, just finished season 2. still got some great youngsters to begin with.

I started two days ago with Sociedad. How were you doing in first season? Im currently at the start of season 1 and we are struggling to score more goals even if we have thousand of chances.

Also, it would be nice if they get thread, fantastic club with a lot of potential :)

I started two days ago with Sociedad. How were you doing in first season? Im currently at the start of season 1 and we are struggling to score more goals even if we have thousand of chances.

Also' date=' it would be nice if they get thread, fantastic club with a lot of potential :)[/quote']

goals were a struggle first season. i had vela and griz playing wide and getting the most. just gotta try and be solid defensively so the lack of goals doesn't matter as much.

finished season 1 and 2 in 5th spot.

Nation: England

Division: L1/L2

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Don't really care but i'll push for promotion first season

Board Expectation(s): Don't really care but i'll push for promotion first season

Transfer Budget: Happy to play free transfers and loan market

Wage Budget: Good wage budget to attract good free agents and loans or at least be able to ask for more

Finances: Decent, but understand many clubs at this level aren't doing too well

Other: In this long term save I want to push for promotion in first season. Don't care if I have to completely rebuild or not. Has to be challenging but not too hard where I might lack the motivation to continue.

Board Expectation(s): Don't really care but i'll push for promotion first season

Wage Budget: Good wage budget to attract good free agents and loans or at least be able to ask for more

Other: In this long term save I want to push for promotion in first season. Don't care if I have to completely rebuild or not. Has to be challenging but not too hard where I might lack the motivation to continue.

Bournemouth give a wage budget of £75k p/w which is quite good for L1. The board expect promotion and you have a decent squad although the defensive side needs strengthening centrally (keeper, centre back and central midfield). Top tips: (1) Ask the board to increase your percentage of transfer revenue (2) Recall Wesley Thomas from his loan, play him as a poacher alongside a target man, and offer a new contract (3) Formation could be key. I am a traditional 442 man but that failed badly. However, 3232 really works (3 x cb, 2 x wb, 3 x cm, 2 x st). I started with them today and after a very poor start, I now have a chance of scraping a play-off spot.

Want to start a game in the premiership, would be interested in practically any team outside the top 6. Have looked at West Ham, Everton, Newcastle and West Brom but just need something to give me that extra push. Need a team with potential to build into a top club. Thanks.

Newcastle would be your best bet, you have the best fans in the Premiership and will get massive crowds, you are in the Europa league, you have quality players like Cisse, Haidara, Sissoko, Tiote, Cabaye etc, you also have a couple of good young players like Streete, Campbell etc.

You can also sell the deadwood and bring in quality young cheap players.

Want to start a game in the premiership, would be interested in practically any team outside the top 6. Have looked at West Ham, Everton, Newcastle and West Brom but just need something to give me that extra push. Need a team with potential to build into a top club. Thanks.

How about QPR? A few solid players with Granero, Taarabt, Remy, Hoillet and Samba and plenty of cash to build upon, Tony Fernandes is also willing to do lots to build the club up, always get training and youth facilites upgraded.

Colchester United would be a good shout. Crewe?

How about QPR? A few solid players with Granero, Taarabt, Remy, Hoillet and Samba and plenty of cash to build upon, Tony Fernandes is also willing to do lots to build the club up, always get training and youth facilites upgraded.

Cheers fot he suggestion mate, they have got some cracking players but the wages put me off a bit. I like to be quite strict in that department.

Nation: Any big leagues except England

European Competition: None/Europa

Media Prediction: Mid-Table

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: 5mil+ or players with high values to be sold

Wage Budget: not bothered

Finances: Decent Finances, not in debt

Other: Not Granada, already used (and won the league in the first season with them)

Division: Premiership or Championship

European Competition: N/A

Mmedia prediction: Lower Premiership or top Championship

Board expectations: Real

Transfer budget: Any

Wage budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other:

- Looking for a good challenge. I recently made on with Swansea so I don't want a similiar one. I'm thinking about Middlesbrough, Crewe or Crystal Palace.

- Good academy and a good team.

Division: Premiership or Championship

European Competition: N/A

Mmedia prediction: Lower Premiership or top Championship

Board expectations: Real

Transfer budget: Any

Wage budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other:

- Looking for a good challenge. I recently made on with Swansea so I don't want a similiar one. I'm thinking about Middlesbrough, Crewe or Crystal Palace.

- Good academy and a good team.

Nottingham Forest.

Archived