*Official Football Manager 2013 Demo Feedback Thread* Keep it all in here please

So, Extended is the same as before and Comprehensive is an added option with more highlights than Extended option? Or there were changes to Extended option as well?

Yeah, that's quite puzzling.

Si should have posted some examples to clarify the meaning of their words.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Making a Transfer Offer tutorial when I'm asked to click on the Search option in order to progress I'm acutally not able to click on it.

Also in the Creating and Developing Tactics tutorial when I need to click on Set To Formation option in order to preogress I'm not able to do click on it.

In the Contract Negotiations tutorial when I click on the Inbox icon to read the messages nothing happens, so I can't progress. I even tried with the shortcut by pressing the F4 button on my keyboard, but still nothing happens.

Are these also a (known) bug(s) or am I misisng something (again)?

Can someone explain me how the Highlights Mode functions now? I always used to use Extended, but now we have Comprehensive as well. So, are Key and Extended the same as before with Comprehensive added as an option or?
So, Extended is the same as before and Comprehensive is an added option with more highlights than Extended option? Or there were changes to Extended option as well?

I found the answers in the Match Tutorial. :thup:

• Administrators
The training seem to be bugged. I tried (in individual training) to focus Arteta on the box to box midfielder role yet each time i go off the training screen it reset to nothing. The other options work.

If this is happening all the time for you, can you post it in the User Interface bugs forum?

• Administrators
Yeah, that's quite puzzling.

Si should have posted some examples to clarify the meaning of their words.

Key Highlights show essential events such as red cards, and of course goals.

Extended shows more "major events" (much like Key was last year), Comprehensive shows a lot more, from basic chances, etc.

How can you really get a feel for what the proper game will be like if the demo is just a beta? I just read on here that the demo will not be getting any kind of update.

So the question I ask is, how will someone, maybe someone who hasn't played the game before, or someone that has the cash to only buy one game before Christmas meant to decide whether to buy fm13 or not. If your only clue to how it will really play is a demo, which is virtually beta then you do not know how good or bad the game is. How close is the beta/demo to the real game? You cant gauge any clues, is this demo/beta very close to the full game or some way off?

This isn't a rant,in fact its the opposite, I really really want to love football manager 13, but at the moment I only really like it. Either this is very close to the final game which in that case I don't think I would buy, until it is patched, or its better in a couple of areas. It doesn't need much improvement in my opinion but needs enough to warrant me shelling out 30 squid before Christmas.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks the demo/beta needs work on it

• Administrators
get this when trying the demo

Logged to channel: warnings-and-errors

Warning: RULE_GROUP_MANAGER::load() - cannot find rule group

I've uninstalled the demo and installed again & the thing with the game cache

same message every time

Raise the issue on our tech forums and we'll take a look. Forums can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
How can you really get a feel for what the proper game will be like if the demo is just a beta? I just read on here that the demo will not be getting any kind of update.

So the question I ask is, how will someone, maybe someone who hasn't played the game before, or someone that has the cash to only buy one game before Christmas meant to decide whether to buy fm13 or not. If your only clue to how it will really play is a demo, which is virtually beta then you do not know how good or bad the game is. How close is the beta/demo to the real game? You cant gauge any clues, is this demo/beta very close to the full game or some way off?

This isn't a rant,in fact its the opposite, I really really want to love football manager 13, but at the moment I only really like it. Either this is very close to the final game which in that case I don't think I would buy, until it is patched, or its better in a couple of areas. It doesn't need much improvement in my opinion but needs enough to warrant me shelling out 30 squid before Christmas.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks the demo/beta needs work on it

This year, due to the flexibility Steam allows us, the demo is an unfinished version of the game like the beta. This means that in previous years the version everyone is playing now would most certainly be the one people would have on disc and would play come release. What Steam allows us to do is basically have a slightly larger window to develop the game. It's the same as every other year in the sense someone who doesn't know about the game would only be able to play the demo - that's not changed.

The beta/demo certainly isn't massively different from the game that will be there on release. There will be some changes yes, but I would say the beta/demo is a fair representation of what FM13 is.

Another bug. In the squad selection screen (before a match) i sort the player by selection and then by position. Yet each time i click on a player and then click the back button the players are ordinated by selection but not by position anymore (so each time i have to redo the order). Annoying

Going through The Interface tutorial I came to the point when I need to go through the messages in my Inbox in order to progress with the tutorial. So, I did, but there is one message that requires for me to choose between the two options in order to be able to progress with the tutorial, but I'm not able to click on either of those options, so I can't progress with the tutorial. Is that a (known) bug or am I missing something?
In the Making a Transfer Offer tutorial when I'm asked to click on the Search option in order to progress I'm acutally not able to click on it.

Also in the Creating and Developing Tactics tutorial when I need to click on Set To Formation option in order to preogress I'm not able to do click on it.

In the Contract Negotiations tutorial when I click on the Inbox icon to read the messages nothing happens, so I can't progress. I even tried with the shortcut by pressing the F4 button on my keyboard, but still nothing happens.

Are these also a (known) bug(s) or am I misisng something (again)?

Neil Brock should I report those as bugs or? I've tried it again couple of times and it's always the same. I did complete the other tutorials without any problems. The only thing is that all of the tutorials seem to be slow-responsive.

Hmmmm - beta updated between sunderland and spurs games. Enjoying unprecedented (for me) success pre update but back to normal now!

Date Time Opposition TV Venue Result Competition

Thu, 26.7.2012 20:30 Atlético Goianiense TV A 3-0 Friendly

Wed, 1.8.2012 20:30 Portuguesa TV A 2-0 Friendly

Wed, 8.8.2012 15:00 Oeste TV A 3-0 Friendly

Mon, 13.8.2012 19:45 A.C. Milan TV H 2-1 Friendly

Sun, 19.8.2012 16:00 Man City TV H 1-0 Premier Division

Sun, 26.8.2012 16:00 Stoke TV A 3-2 Premier Division

Sun, 2.9.2012 16:00 West Ham TV H 2-0 Premier Division

Sat, 15.9.2012 12:45 Liverpool TV H 6-1 Premier Division

Wed, 19.9.2012 19:45 Dortmund TV A 2-0 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 22.9.2012 17:30 Reading TV A 1-0 Premier Division

Wed, 26.9.2012 19:45 Aston Villa A 2-0 Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

Sat, 29.9.2012 12:45 Chelsea TV A 0-0 Premier Division

Tue, 2.10.2012 19:45 Shakhtar TV H 4-0 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 6.10.2012 12:45 Sunderland TV H 4-0 Premier Division

Sat, 20.10.2012 12:45 Tottenham TV H 3-1 Premier Division

Tue, 23.10.2012 19:45 Juventus TV H 2-2 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 27.10.2012 12:45 West Brom TV A 0-2 Premier Division

Tue, 30.10.2012 19:45 Bristol City TV A p 0-0 Capital One Cup 4th Rnd

Sat, 3.11.2012 17:30 Southampton TV A 1-0 Premier Division

Wed, 7.11.2012 19:45 Juventus TV A 1-4 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 10.11.2012 17:30 Wigan TV A 1-1 Premier Division

Sat, 17.11.2012 17:30 Norwich TV H Premier Division

http://www.sigames.com/

played the demo, have a few comments/questions:

- I like pretty much everything, except the ME, doesn't look or feel realistic at all

- I used to play with a left and right sweeper, but those positions don't exist anymore. any chance of them coming back?

Great game!

Played one game of the demo and thank god for a demo, this game should be called dancing on ice2013 I hope that this wont be the finished ME and we won't have to buy our players ice skates, I thought 2012 was bad damn, it looks a class above this one, I only played one game that was enough for me on the ME but everything else looks really good but ME is a game breaker for me just doesn't look right at all

I've been testing the demo, and so far i'm really impressed! Very nice work SI.

Only two things, and both are related with the 3d graphics:

1) The ball just looks too small! I know, it's something related with the SI logo on the ball, but... the truth is... the ball looks small!

2) The players, when passing the ball sometimes gives the feeling they are kicking a 50 pounds ball! The movement of the leg is just too weird when they are making a simple passing.

I have to say that in all the years of playing FM I have never once stopped playing the demo before I got the full game. However, this demo is awful. I am playing as Liverpool and after 8 games I am bottom of the league with 1 win, 2 draws and 5 losses. I have scored 16 goals (only three other teams have scored more) and conceded 30 (worst in the league). I have had 4 sendings off, 20 bookings and a shed load of injuries. Some of the results have been stagering - 7-1 loss to Norwich, 5-2 loss to Man U, 6-4 loss to QPR and to add insult to injury - knocked out to Elfsborg in the first round of the Europa league.

Now, you may say that it is Liverpool who are not too good but the above stats are shocking and it is not my tactics (tried and tested through 5 or 6 FM's now and I have always been successful). i sincerley hope this is not the sign of things to come as when I get it for xmas (my kids always buy it) it will probably stay in the box.

Sorry SI Games but this is the worst FM demo I have played so far

Why is the processes in task manager so high on this demo?

Mines processing at 800-900K, It never used to be like this in last years FM even with 16 leagues running and some 15-20 years into the game. Cannot imagine what its going to be like when the full game is released next week, something like 1200K with a couple of leagues running first season.

• Administrators
I have to say that in all the years of playing FM I have never once stopped playing the demo before I got the full game. However, this demo is awful. I am playing as Liverpool and after 8 games I am bottom of the league with 1 win, 2 draws and 5 losses. I have scored 16 goals (only three other teams have scored more) and conceded 30 (worst in the league). I have had 4 sendings off, 20 bookings and a shed load of injuries. Some of the results have been stagering - 7-1 loss to Norwich, 5-2 loss to Man U, 6-4 loss to QPR and to add insult to injury - knocked out to Elfsborg in the first round of the Europa league.

Now, you may say that it is Liverpool who are not too good but the above stats are shocking and it is not my tactics (tried and tested through 5 or 6 FM's now and I have always been successful). i sincerley hope this is not the sign of things to come as when I get it for xmas (my kids always buy it) it will probably stay in the box.

The match engine has had a complete overhaul for this version, I don't think tried and tested tactics from previous versions are certain to work. I'd suggest changing your tactics if you're conceding 7, 6 and 5 goals in a game in all honesty.

• Administrators
Anyone from Sports Interactive care to elaborate on this? I know it might not be a big deal, but still I'd like to report it as bugs if they are bugs indeed.

Yeah please raise it in the bugs forum if you can, thanks.

Why is the game in the English Premier Diviosn starting so late now? It always used to start at the beginning of July. Now all of a sudden it starts on July 17th. Is there any particular reason or?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. :)

It's not the worst demo its the fact your tactics don't work post them up, the tactic.

I got the demo mainly to see the Partizan Belgrade squad but the England quick start doesn't have any real players in the team. Is there a chance some other quick start may have some or all of the Partizan squad in the database? Thanks

Hi I played the Demo yesterday morning and found a few small things. (apologies if its already been commented on)

Before i even chose a game to start. The game asked for a partial manager profile, Is this correct?

Exiting conversations can reload the same page, and on the odd occasion doesn't work at all.

This is a slightly worrying one, About an hour into the game (real time) and during my first match Firefox opened and showed a webpage claiming to be from a site called 'just giving' asking for a donation to War Child, which then crashed my browser. If it is intentional from SI, then it is a nice touch to help raise the profile of the charity, but really really poorly done. I had no idea weather it could be a virus, could be trusted or what.

When sorting on the squad screen I use "picked" and then "position". When returning to the squad screen the second sorting rule doesn't work properly, even though it indicates (the two arrows in the header) it has.

I don't have quite enough information to say definitely a bug but should be noted, but there may issues with how the GK deals with crosses. Its only happened in one save when i was England manager. One was an AI match i was watching between Liverpool and Vitesse In the Europa Cup. Both keepers once put the ball in the back of the net from a deep cross for an own goal.

And when I played Poland in the WC qualifier Joe Hart failed to deal with a deep Cross at all, hit the far post and went in.

EDIT: Also is it correct that "BETA" appears in the bottom right hand corner of the start page of the demo, Just making sure steam has not done something weird downloading my Demo

I've been testing the demo, and so far i'm really impressed! Very nice work SI.

Only two things, and both are related with the 3d graphics:

1) The ball just looks too small! I know, it's something related with the SI logo on the ball, but... the truth is... the ball looks small!

2) The players, when passing the ball sometimes gives the feeling they are kicking a 50 pounds ball! The movement of the leg is just too weird when they are making a simple passing.

I quote you and I agree on both points.

The game seems great!

- I like the interface

-the revamped training seems real

- interaction with staff cool

-match engine is great!

Conclusion: seems a better game than FM2012!

One question:

I have a Intel Core Duo T7500 2.20GHZ processor, 2GB memory Ram, and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 graphics and the OS is VIsta 32 bits. Will i have problems running FM 2013? With FM 2012 i had no problems...

Thanks

First impressions of the demo are that FM13 looks really good. I'm not really that long into it because I went completely in-depth to see how the GUI looks, where different things are now (as well as how to get to them) and basically getting to know the game again because I'm still used to FM11 so it's just LIKE getting to know a whole new game with the new GUI and new layout of everything. BIG differences between the two versions :D

It loads a lot faster that previous versions. Granted I don't have all my match logos, kits and face packs in the game yet though, so I suppose we'll see when I eventually get the full game on how that all handles.

There seems to be a lot more varied input from the backroom staff members now regarding various things like training and match reports just to name two. One thing I always felt with previous versions was that the backroom staff never really offered anywhere nearly enough insight & reporting into different areas whereas from what little of the game I have seen so far this seems to have been made better in this version.

The training took me a while to get to know as well with it being totally overhauled. In FM11, I make up my players individual training schedule and, while I found this to be better than just lumping the players together, it was very tedious in setting up at the beginning. First impressions of the new training layout is that it is much better. While going through the general training for the whole team, and getting them to focus on different areas in different weeks, it's good on how you can still do the individual training BUT without having to make up a schedule for them (and play around with all those different training area slider bars :D). I like how the Match Preparation has been incorporated into the General Training as well, so that when you're setting up the training, it's all there for you rather than going from one area to the next and back again.

I have seen only one game so far in 3D (like I say, I'm not very far into the demo at all), which was a match my Under 19s played so it was just through viewing highlights of the game, but from what I saw of the ME and how it plays, it looks really good. The ball does look tiny, but I don't think I would have noticed that much myself if I hadn't read about it above :D I know it's two versions on, but the differences in the ME from FM11 to FM13 is MUCH better. I'm sure I'll notice other things as well when I actually play a match with my first team.

One thing I have seen so far that seems like a bit of a waste of time really (and it's just a little thing to be honest and nothing major for me) is asking different members of the staff for a Training Report for players because from what I have seen of this is that they basically send you an email of the exact same thing they already say when you're in the player's Individual Training section anyway. Just seems a bit redundant.

There are other things that I could list and go into detail on but I'm scared that this post would end up turning into a War & Peace type novel (I think it's looking that way already :lol:) I'll just finish off by saying that I like the look of it so far and I think it will be pretty definite that I will be buying this version of the game after the January transfer window :thup:

What's interesting to me is that there hasn't been made much of a fuss about the prolonged simulated playing time. Previously the ME was said to simulate on eight of a second, i.e. one second real-time= 0.8 seconds in FM. This was fairly noticable in that the in-game clock winded down a tad faster than a real clock, and that matches lasted about the better part of an hour if you opted to watch them in full on default speed settings. Now the seconds are ticking down in real-time on the default speed settings, meaning that the ME is there or thereabouts in simulating a football match in full.

A lot of balancing issues reportedly there in the beta must have been down to this alone as there is a bigger number of actions now happening inside a match each. Matches don't last 60 minutes plus, they last 90 minutes or thereabouts now.

I would also like to know the answer to this question. :)

This please.

And also why are my custom made attribute colours not remembered? Every time I quit the Demo and they play it again it goes back to default colours.

Archived