*Official Football Manager 2013 Demo Feedback Thread* Keep it all in here please

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might take a little while to downlaod with the amount of traffic at the moment,but I often find that Steam wildly overestimates the time it would take to download. I don't think it will actually take that long.

I'm afraid we can't release the demo in Germany. This is actually due to licensing and legal reasons (unlike my previous post). Sorry.

So why not offer an alternate download that then needs to be activated via Steam?

I'm customizing my squad screen view by adding/removing some info columns. Maybe I'm just overlooking it, but I can't seem to find column "Best Position". On FM12 I usually always had my squad view sorted by that info. On the "Customize View" pop-up "Secondary Position" and "Position" are filtered under "General", but there is no "Best Position" as far as I can see. I think it was called that. Surely it must be on FM13 aswell? Here is an FM12 screenshot with B Pos column.

Just clicked on the interface tutorial and there's a hell of a lot of bugs in there. For example:

- The tutorial goes on to say I have "seven unread messages", when in fact it's showing me two unread messages (number next to mail icon).

- Also it says for me to click the mail in the inbox and advance, but one of the mail items is a 'must respond' mail and you can't continue unless you click 'yes' or 'no', and you can't click these buttons unless you exit the tutorial.

That was in the first few minutes of using the tutorial. I've skipped that for now, but it probably needs a thorough check your end I would imagine.

Anyone else experiencing jerky mouse cursor? During matches it's fine and smooth, so is during game processing after clicking 'continue'. When the processing stops, the cursor is jerky and imprecise again, as if the game is running at half the fps.

First problem for me sadly

Just testing various things out and I chose to be the manager of Ajax and the Netherlands.

I was testing the private chat international one and a few players went straight to voicemail so i thought nice touch, then i tried Ryan Babel and i said to him something like sorry you are not in the team i will pick you in my next squad. Then i went to the normal private chat since i manage ajax and it has just froze I have press that button inbetween Ctrl and alt and pressed on the fm 13 logo on my taskbar and now it is just a black screen.

Hi guys.. Seems i cant download it from Steam. When i click the "Hent demo" (danish), it just refreshes the site. What do i have to do?

The same happens for me as well in the UK - can anyone help?

• Administrators
Just clicked on the interface tutorial and there's a hell of a lot of bugs in there. For example:

- The tutorial goes on to say I have "seven unread messages", when in fact it's showing me two unread messages (number next to mail icon).

- Also it says for me to click the mail in the inbox and advance, but one of the mail items is a 'must respond' mail and you can't continue unless you click 'yes' or 'no', and you can't click these buttons unless you exit the tutorial.

That was in the first few minutes of using the tutorial. I've skipped that for now, but it probably needs a thorough check your end I would imagine.

We're aware of that and are looking into fixing it soon. Thanks for raising this.

Quite impressed with the demo so far. A lot of new stuff and it'll take a while to get used to all of it.

2 great things is the amount of customization and the processing time between days.

-I love to customize games and i love the options to give the staff different responsibilities.

-Even though it's only 1 country i'm running the processing time between days is incredibly short.

2 not so great things are the skin and the match screen.

-The skin, again, is too bright. Do miss a dark skin, as i favor that very much. Not so straining on the eyes.

-Really miss the widgets on the match screen as i feel that was better organised.

Another thing that i just noticed now, while writing this, is that my GTX 560Ti isn't too happy with the match screen. Especially during half time and full time, when the overlay screen is there, over the 3D view.

Fan speed is going up considerably. The graphics card fan hasn't made a sound on other games, 3D or not. So i guess the match day graphics takes its toll on the card.

Rest of the system is becoming outdated so that could be part of the "problem".

Overall so far i think this game is definitely a big step in the right direction. I like it. Can't wait for my copy to show up in my mailbox.

I'm customizing my squad screen view by adding/removing some info columns. Maybe I'm just overlooking it, but I can't seem to find column "Best Position". On FM12 I usually always had my squad view sorted by that info. On the "Customize View" pop-up "Secondary Position" and "Position" are filtered under "General", but there is no "Best Position" as far as I can see. I think it was called that. Surely it must be on FM13 aswell? Here is an FM12 screenshot with B Pos column.

I noticed that in the Preference's Interface section is a tick box called "Display natural position only" that in effect makes "Position" column into "Best Position" column. I guess "Secondary Position" is then to be used to display other postions players might have. Slightly confusing having functions that affect same things placed in different parts of the game.

The local media reporting on Pro Vercelli is The Piacenza Football Gazzette, eventhough the club only temporarily plays in Piacenza, and will after some months return to their home stadium in Vercelli. Of course those who play the full game will know wether the "wrong" news sourse will continue reporting on the team once it has returned home.

liking a lot the new UI and all new staff roles & interaction, make the game more fun and entertaining. Also the whole game seems to process much faster than FM12 (my PC is the same) including the 3D match experience, very crisp and very quick indeed.

Unfortunately the ME itself has been quite frustrating so far, it all feels so random and inconsistent, plus my players seem to refuse to tackle no matter what even if they're set on hard tackles and close down often and have high aggression and tackling attributes. Also the keeper always kicks long despite the defender collect setting.

• Administrators
I have a problem, When I go to load the demo a white screen appears for the main menu and everything is just boxes that have no writing on but can be selected to access thing but I cant see the things as it all white... Help?

Can you try changing from GPU rendering as explained here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8166778&viewfull=1#post8166778

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

just one small thing:not liking when the match is finished (I was on holiday) and I wanted to see match stats and goal scorers why is every time needed for regenerating match report.In FM12 it is only when you wanted to se goals ond highlights

• Administrators
just one small thing:not liking when the match is finished (I was on holiday) and I wanted to see match stats and goal scorers why is every time needed for regenerating match report.In FM12 it is only when you wanted to se goals ond highlights

Yeah we're aware of this and it's something we're looking into. Thanks.

Another thing, why some players have the rating for each role while other not? For example (Arsenal) both Szczesny (3 star for normal gk, 2,5 star for sweeper keeper) and Mannone (1,5 star for both roles) have them while for example Fabianski doesn't have it, it has only the position comparison with other players. All three reports where from the same coach.

• Administrators
I have a problem, When I go to load the demo a white screen appears for the main menu and everything is just boxes that have no writing on but can be selected to access thing but I cant see the things as it all white... Help?

Can you try changing from GPU rendering as explained here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8166778&viewfull=1#post8166778

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

• Administrators

No, if you've got the beta you can't installed the demo. There's no need as they're pretty much exactly the same anyway, aside from the fact the demo stops after half a season and you can only use quick starts.

I'm having this weird issue while trying to sign a staff member. I tried this at Chelsea and Man City. I'm looking for an assistant manager, I offer a contract to a guy from another club. He is a "coach" but he is capable of working as assistant. I'm offering him, 1 - higher position, 2 - bigger club, 3 - 15 times more his current wage, and for some reason he signs a contract extension with his current club for 8 times less than what I'm offering. This is so strange because its completely unrealistic and I've never had this issue in FM11.

Ok, my two pence worth on the game:

The game is much sleeker, very impressed with how quick everything is. I think the menus are much better too, everything is really easy to find. You have so many options on how you want to play the game and have info up on your screen it will surely cater for everyones style of playing the game. Personally I prefer less info as otherwise it confuses me too much! Thats just the general screens. so everything loads very quick and it looks very sharp.

But, the match day isnt great for me. The problems with match day are a few which I hope can be rectified by release day.

1 why are the players running around on an ice rink? the ball slides around as if its in a ice hockey game and the ball is puck, slippy sliding everywhere

2 the defending isnt great, I had a player run onto a through ball and he lost control and ran past it. But the defender near him stopped and the goalkeeper did too, the striker slowed and the ball trickled slowly to him. to which he had an open goal and a tap in.

3 EVERY cross that comes into the box either the keeper flaps for it and barely gets it or he flaps for it and is no where near it. I know he doesnt get it because the commentary says so. The player in question is a premier league gk of a decent standard. Its a pre season game and against a side that have no real threat in the air!

4 what is also with the players that want to pass, doing some kind of funny, really slow jig as well, looks very awkard

5 and whats with players that are defenders, very one footed, using there weaker foot when they dont have to?

6 also in 2 games I have scored 4 goals and 3 have been from full backs charging into the area, way beyond a winger, who is playing in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, although that may have something to do with tactics more than anything else.

That all being said the match experience I think has seen significant progress. There does seem more animation and the fact that its been tried to be added is good news, everything on match day is so much easier to implement, the fact you have several ways to change things is good too. It seems quicker to make a change like tactics and subs also. Again as I said before, there are several ways to have the match day, again catering for everyone. And some of the passing and slick movement I have seen from my side has been excellent. Very good movement, some nice passes and some decent attacks.

So, in conclusion, unless the demo gets an update and I get to see the real game, there is a strong chance I WONT be buying fm13 this year. I missed fm11, (so went from fm10 straight to fm12) I think it has improved in alot of aspects for sure, But I dont see the point if its going to score or concede silly goals. It is so close to being an outstanding game but for me, I feel the same way I did when I played another football manager game from another brand. Looks nice, some excellent ideas, but just has not quite got it right. I really hope a new demo, that is patched, is released and I am proved wrong.

Any responses to what I have written would be intresed in anyone else feels same/similar or if I am on my own

I know whoever is managing this thread has a lot to get too, but I would really like a response to this:

I just did my first game and whats wrong with the team talk? Everything I tried makes them switched off, complacent, uninterested... Literally everyone from the midfield area and onwards only got worse and worse in their motivation as I made comments. Seems like it was impossible to say something without making them pissed off. Why is that like that? Then after the game was over, they barely scraped out a 2-0 win with two late goals against their youth side. I cautiously told them that they got the win today but need to play much better in competitive matches. Nothing but truth right? But the whole team got switched off, all in the red, and a couple of players are lashing out on me in the message box, saying they are being forced out of the club. What the hell is this? All because of a team talk?

Is anyone else REALLY struggling to download the DEMO. I mean, I've had it on for like, 8 hours and most of the time it just sits at 0KB/S or jumps to maybe a 100KB/S for like, a couple of seconds. It's done about half of it now.

Is it because everyone is downloading it?

HI if i have missed this then please i am sorry.But i want to know is how do i get the match screen to go to overveiw then to highlights and back to overview because you could do that during the game on fm12.hope u understand what i mean cos now u have to choose to watch overview then when the highlights come on u have ot click pitch but before it doen it automatically from overview to match thne when highlights have finished it goes back to overview.

Played my pre season last night, enjoying the game actually seems pretty good except you start at villa with about 5-6 long term injuries to players who arent even injured IRL :(

Match engine is still horrible though, i cant even watch it. If i do get fm13 then i'll be doing what i usually do and watch 2d and rely on the commentary and stats to tell me whats going on.

Can someone explain me how the Highlights Mode functions now? I always used to use Extended, but now we have Comprehensive as well. So, are Key and Extended the same as before with Comprehensive added as an option or?

I have tried several different shouts within a match but to me they seem to be only a cosmetic feature. If I shout " play wider " I can't definitely see any difference on the way my players play or stay on the field or how they pass the ball and where. I won't use those shouts because to me they seem only a cosmetic feature.

Match engine is still horrible though, i cant even watch it. If i do get fm13 then i'll be doing what i usually do and watch 2d and rely on the commentary and stats to tell me whats going on.

Agree, Fifa 2000 had a better graphic engine. They've improved the realism quite a lot, but the actual graphics still look terrible. Si should consider just buying the FIFA/PEs graphics engine.

Other than that the game feels really nice, only two bad points:

- Just scored a goal where my striker was running on a through ball, and the opppositiion keeper did nothing to come out of his goals, made no attempt whatsoever

-My DMC takes a 30m shot and the GK just backtracks on his line, and finally saves the shot with what seems to be his foot....

I have a pkm, will be uploading

Can someone explain me how the Highlights Mode functions now? I always used to use Extended, but now we have Comprehensive as well. So, are Key and Extended the same as before with Comprehensive added as an option or?

No, key only is clear cut chances and goals only, so there are less highlights on FM13 key highlights than there were on FM12 key highlights.

Going through The Interface tutorial I came to the point when I need to go through the messages in my Inbox in order to progress with the tutorial. So, I did, but there is one message that requires for me to choose between the two options in order to be able to progress with the tutorial, but I'm not able to click on either of those options, so I can't progress with the tutorial. Is that a (known) bug or am I missing something?

No, key only is clear cut chances and goals only, so there are less highlights on FM13 key highlights than there were on FM12 key highlights.

So, Extended is the same as before and Comprehensive is an added option with more highlights than Extended option? Or there were changes to Extended option as well?

Archived