*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

Quick question, I just signed Rene Mihelic for Leicester and he's cup tied for an FA cup match, despite coming from europe. That isnt right surely?

Did you sign him within a day of the match?

If you sign him on Friday and game is on sat/sunday i think he is cup tied for that game

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Hi, still getting 'Ghost Goals'. In my very first match after updating my team 'scored' but a goal kick was given. Sorry can't load pkm to ftp, as it keeps saying, 'cannot connect to server'.

If you want to email it to me at paul.collyer@gmail.com I will make sure it's looked at :-)

kept losing pre update.

2 matches so far post update.

lost the first one 4-1 ( was expected to easily win) my team played absolute pants and were lucky to score at all.

lost the second one 1-0 (expected to get humped) watching the match it looked like we had a some good quality shots on goal that were super-keepered. in looking at the stats we had more shot on target but they had 4 CCC we just had 1. I can only assume the visual representation of the match doesn't reflect the stats. the goal we conceded was another of the goal keeper own goals.

I've been highly critical of the match engine in the beta thus far, infact in my opinion it was almost entirely unplayable. But i'm very happy to say that this new update has fixed a lot of the issues i found most annoying.

I've only played 10-12 matches so far but my first impressions are really positive. I'm sure over time i will find more things that are improved, as well more things that need work, but for now these are my opinions:

Positives:

- Midfielders and defenders now actually tackle, but still not as much as a) i woudl like and b) as you see in reality. But a definite improvement.

- Goalkeepers are a lot better at judging and claiming cross/loose balls

- Passing in general is improved, no long do we see 5-6minutes of sideways passing from teams playing highly attacking, direct play

- Pass choice seems to be much better, with riskier passes chosen more often

- Point blank headers have been improved so they aren't headed over the bar 9/10 times

- Playing the ball into the box is now an effective tactic, now you can actually score from inside the box on a regular basis

- Fullbacks are better at preventing crosses

- Crosses seem to now be at an acceptable level of effectiveness

- Tight angle shots are now less effective, but they still get taken too many times if you ask me

Negative:

- still too many tight angle shots

- players still stop an attacking run to turn around and pass back to a player behind them far too often

- I've seen a couple of people post this one already, but freekicks from inside your own half *appear* to have a high chance of clearing all the players and hitting the goal, then the keeper either just manages to fumble it clear or he lets it in for a pretty ridiculous goal

- Player condition still goes down far too quickly

Overall this is a massive improvement, so much so that i'm actually enjoying myself playing this for the first time. It still isn't perfect, but it's definitely a huge step in the right direction which hopefully will lead to more improvements in the final game and subsequent patches. And obviously 10 matches isn't enough to totally evaluate the ME but it's looking good for now, i'll return with opinions afte r a full season!

I was skeptical as to whether or not SI could pull off these changes in such a short time period but they proved me wrong, so great job guys :)

This update is a big step in the right direction.

Issues:

-Lower league teams, and teams that are not known for a short passing game, are still able to pass the ball about quickly and accurately.

-Defenders positioning still leaves a lot of room for improvement i.e. players like Ferdinand and Vidic still don't man mark brilliantly and let players slip past too easily

-Not enough tackles being made when closing down; e.g. if you watch someone like Lucas at Liverpool he'll be forever trying to win the ball back, but in FM players mostly just stand and stare at the player they are marking

However goalkeeping is significantly better now (mind you it was literally broken before); not as many goals come from crosses, and when they do they look more believable and varied, rather than simply knocking it to an unmarked player at the back post; the number of goals scored seems to have decreased slightly on the whole (not seen any 5-1's, 6-3's etc), there are more chances being created through the middle, wingers don't constantly stroll in to the ball and score from tight angles.

Keep up the good work.

Mac OS X - 13.0.2b326348 - crashes when resizing windowed mode

Great job SI with the update.

The crashes do not seem to happen anymore with GPU rendering and the windowed mode while switching views .

There are still instances where the game would crash during 3D matches if you try to resize the game's window ( in windowed mode obviously ).

It seems to be reproducible at will.

• SI Staff
Was on a 6 match unbeaten run until the update, then lost 2-1 away to 3rd bottom Sunderland. There was no highlights at all in the 2nd half. Too early to judge it yet though

Are you playing in key highlights IMT? This can happen in this mode as it just shows goals and clear cut chances.

• Administrators
Mac OS X - 13.0.2b326348 - crashes when resizing windowed mode

Great job SI with the update.

The crashes do not seem to happen anymore with GPU rendering and the windowed mode while switching views .

There are still instances where the game would crash during 3D matches if you try to resize the game's window ( in windowed mode obviously ).

It seems to be reproducible at will.

Can you log this in the Mac issues forum please? Link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/306-Mac-Specific-Issues

Ok, just downloaded the update.

First thing I did was click on another teams fixture list, then on one of thier past results.

Bang, generating match report.

I only want to check the scorers/match stats/attendance, like on FM12.. not wait for it to generate a match report.

It has already been stated that this is not a bug and doesn't have a simple "solution" to make it as before, check here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319575-Clicking-an-a-result-generates-match-report

the processing is a LOT faster now with gpu on instead of software.

Its faster but still getting the display bugs with GPU assisted on. Looks like its all greyed out meaning its not playable in this mode.

This is with a Ati 5770 if thats any help.

• Administrators
Its faster but still getting the display bugs with GPU assisted on. Looks like its all greyed out meaning its not playable in this mode.

This is with a Ati 5770 if thats any help.

Okay if you're having GPU issues can you make sure you've raised them in the bugs forum if you haven't already? Cheers :)

I have to admit I didn't think there was a hope this game could be ready for 2nd November, but seeing how much of an improvement has been made in just a week already, I'm feeling very hopeful again that we could have a very playable version come release day. Good work SI

Just a quick question, will any data like transfers, managerial changes etc be updated when the game is released or will it be a case of waiting until the January patch leaving me to edit what i feel need/want to be edited come release day?

After playing a handful of games on the update I just want to say thank you to SI. You've just given me something to do this weekend. Play Football Manager! The ME in my opinion has improved loads since the original beta version and I have every faith it will improve again by November 2nd. The players still look like they are "moonwalking" and "ice skating" at times, that so far is the only thing that I don't like.

• Administrators
Got a problem where the CDM doesn't keep its Support but automatically goes back to defend. downloaded the new update and it's still doing it.

This happening every match for you? What mode are you playing?

The ME seems to be a lot better, defending has improved , but is still pretty poor in general. Seeing a lot of examples of defenders running backwards or just staring and watching a ball roll by them when they have a chance to intercept.

Wing play in general seems better and I have finally seen Fb's tackle.

Edit: watching some games back it seems that the defenders will watch a man rather than the ball, so you see a through ball played in behind the defender, but instead of turning to gather it or attempt to clear , he will ignore the fact that the ball is 5 yards away from him and shadow the incoming attacker. Will post in bugs forum.

I just noticed three strange issues, but unfortunately can't do screen shots just now.

Firstly in a Press Conference Summary it said something along the lines of 'A journalist from.......asking, "Giorgos Karagounis' has previously suggested there is a lack of discipline...."

There is no need for the apostrophe after Karagounis.

Secondly, my player got sent off after a match, I issued a warning. No one complained. A couple of days later he got an additional two match ban, then about 4 players complained I wasn't strict enough. Why was him getting the additional match ban enough to send them over the edge? Bizarre.

Thirdly, I offered a player a mutual termination. He was on my unwanted list for any value, but DoF hadn't shifted him. As soon as I offered it he was released. It turned out that my DoF had released him for me, even though it was for a crazily high compensation fee! I tried mutual termination to see if I could get him to go for nothing cos he was so unhappy, I didn't want my DoF to waste all that money. So WARNING! - don't offer mutual terminations to players on unwanted list!

• Administrators
Yeah I'm playing the normal Mode.
Worth posting in the UI bug forum then (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface) and we can take a look. If you can upload your save game somewhere we can see if it reproduces.

• Administrators
I just noticed three strange issues, but unfortunately can't do screen shots just now.

Firstly in a Press Conference Summary it said something along the lines of 'A journalist from.......asking, "Giorgos Karagounis' has previously suggested there is a lack of discipline...."

There is no need for the apostrophe after Karagounis.

Secondly, my player got sent off after a match, I issued a warning. No one complained. A couple of days later he got an additional two match ban, then about 4 players complained I wasn't strict enough. Why was him getting the additional match ban enough to send them over the edge? Bizarre.

Thirdly, I offered a player a mutual termination. He was on my unwanted list for any value, but DoF hadn't shifted him. As soon as I offered it he was released. It turned out that my DoF had released him for me, even though it was for a crazily high compensation fee! I tried mutual termination to see if I could get him to go for nothing cos he was so unhappy, I didn't want my DoF to waste all that money. So WARNING! - don't offer mutual terminations to players on unwanted list!

These are all separate bugs. Can you log them in the bugs forum please?

One thing I found a bit odd, was looking through Ipswich, then Leeds but noticed in the staff lists, they only have 1 General coach and 2 Fitness coaches but yet they have 4 U18 general coaches which I found strange.. there should be more general coaches than just 1 in the staff list.

Also Ipswich would never transfer list Michael Chopra (a bit odd to say the least!) Bryan Klug is the Academy director and not a coach: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18425868 ;)

Edit: watching some games back it seems that the defenders will watch a man rather than the ball, so you see a through ball played in behind the defender, but instead of turning to gather it or attempt to clear , he will ignore the fact that the ball is 5 yards away from him and shadow the incoming attacker. Will post in bugs forum.

I'm getting the same. It seems that the defenders are just watching the defender run past them and retrieve the ball and score with the defenders just walking back not kicking the ball away.

• Administrators
hi,i just update my fm 13 and i cant play it because it crash,,can someone send me a link of the procees? im new sorry...
Report it in the bugs forum with some details (when it crashes, if you are on Windows/Mac) and we will take a look.

I play a few games after update and the game is much better! The ME became much realistic, it's able to play now. It's far to perfection. I hope on November 2th will be perfect!

Thanks for that on the weekend SI!

"Please Sir, I want some more...."

More of the same, sure! We have plenty of that here!!

It seems that this is getting to be the problem with Football Manager. Every year we gather around our computers around Halloween and bonfire night, eagerly awaiting this season...but not for the silly pagan-istic celebrations of witches or zombies or fireworks and reminders of what we do to those treasonous idiots who try to blow up our parliament...those butterflies in the belly aren't for those things, if you're a FM-ER...it's for the latest offering from SIgames!

And that's what we get...well, for at least the last seven or eight years now. We eagerly watch 'podcasts' lapping up all that Miles has to offer; telling us all the awesome things that we might be able to do in this latest version. Some of those cool features like sending off coaches for training and being able to change your tone with the board or journalist sounds a whole lot cooler until you get the chance to do it. Then it's just last year's or the year before's same reactions. I honestly feel like Dr. Grant and friends on the Jurassic Park tour when they showed up at the fence and the dinosaurs weren't there!

I know, I know...this is just the beta but if there were any say "Dilophosaurus" to bring out of the steamy jungle/programming room...I think we'd have seen them by now.

All we have is a lot of bumf, and the same poor match engine with a slight upgrade to the match graphics and stadiums STILL filled with Sam Raimi style-zombie looking fans...

...which is FINE! I'm just at the point now where I'm tried of getting excited for a 'whole new game' every year. Paying the price for 'a whole new game' and getting not much more than an update.

Yes the GUI has had a redesign and the way you navigate the game is different but I can't think of one thing here to justify a whole new game release or purchase.

I remember playing back in 1992 on championship manager...and then there were updates...Championship Manager 3 with updates each year etc...somewhere along the line we fell into the EA scheme of releasing the "same old shi* game" Fifa or Madden and charging the same ridiculous price you'll be paying for Halo 4 next month; a game that's been in development a hell of a lot longer than your Madden 2013.

I know, if I don't like it; I should take my balls and play somewhere else, Just don't play it, ask for a refund and failing all of that; well it's obviously my tactics!

You are free to flame me now as the witches of old or, as we are close to the 5th of Novemeber, Tie me to a stake and burn me alive for my crimes. At least I'll be $40 richer when next year comes around...of course I'll also be dead so won't make much of a difference.

Happy almost Football Manager 2010/11/12/13 release day folks!!

• Administrators
Apologies, I want to retract the middle one, just saw it was the day after the additional ban, and therefore presumably unrelated. Shall log the other two though
Ok thanks Herb :thup:

Archived