*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

I agree with what was said about the midfielders. I play 4-4-2 with 2 wide midfielders, one ball wining (support) and one deep lying playmaker (support). One of my strikers is a deep lying forward (support). The opponent can easily pass the ball around, just outside my box and look for an opening. 10-15 short passes or one-touch passes in a row, just outside the area, are a norm in most of my games. My midfielders go deep into my defence, leaving too much space and when they decide to go and intercept, they miss the ball, leaving my box open for shots and through balls.

I tried to change this by playing 4-5-1, with one DMC, one ball winning MC and one deep lying playmaker, the same thing happened. No pressing, no marking from my midfielders.

By the way, i'm playing in the Blue Square Premier so it shouldn't be so easy for this to happen.

Another thing. Since the beta patch, i can't win a single game. I was doing ok before, being 3rd-5th, then lost 7 in a row and i'm now 11th with the board just about to fire me. It could be my low reputation affecting the team, but i've seen many people mentioning this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This quote should be added as a sticky or to the rolling banner at the top. I brought in my FM 12 tactics, terrible results. I then changed to a tactic which might actually work on a football pitch, much better results.

It still isn't perfect, and truthfully I still score too many goals from through balls, but the fact your tactic that exploited the FM12 engine no longer works does not mean the FM13 engine is broken

Hahaha +3 for that one! I took my FM12 fav tactic and thought it would just slot into FM13 perfectly, took a good month of changing and tweaking before it worked, funnily its now probably more realistic than it was before!

This quote should be added as a sticky or to the rolling banner at the top. I brought in my FM 12 tactics, terrible results. I then changed to a tactic which might actually work on a football pitch, much better results.

It still isn't perfect, and truthfully I still score too many goals from through balls, but the fact your tactic that exploited the FM12 engine no longer works does not mean the FM13 engine is broken

Same here I had to redevelop my tactics, in terms of results and scorelines it’s much as in 2012, ME certainly needs tweaking but it’s not as rubbish as some are making out.

These do need sorting

Bad keeping

Poor pressing leading to teams just knocking the ball about

To many shots on goal

Keepers not passing or throwing the ball short

Freak goals

First touch on players with poor stats is too good

In FM 2012 it was next to impossible to get your teams to play a short passing game in FM2013 beta play is not direct enough if that’s what the team is asked to play

Tackling animations are not great

Player positioning especially FBs needs correcting

Players going for the ball then running 5 metres past it

"FM2013 beta play is not direct enough if that’s what the team is asked to play"

Indeed.

I had my team set to direct and had them set to attacking we were 2-2 and a "highlight" came up with 2 minutes of injury time to play and for that 2 minutes I had to watch my team pass the ball just outside the opposing teams box,I was screaming at the screen for them to shoot or to feed the ball into the box but I got nothing,2 minutes of watching them pass it around,pretty insane and not much of a "highlight".

Same here I had to redevelop my tactics, in terms of results and scorelines it’s much as in 2012, ME certainly needs tweaking but it’s not as rubbish as some are making out.

These do need sorting

Bad keeping

Poor pressing leading to teams just knocking the ball about

To many shots on goal

Keepers not passing or throwing the ball short

Freak goals

First touch on players with poor stats is too good

In FM 2012 it was next to impossible to get your teams to play a short passing game in FM2013 beta play is not direct enough if that’s what the team is asked to play

Tackling animations are not great

Player positioning especially FBs needs correcting

Players going for the ball then running 5 metres past it

Yup very much agreed on the above. its not terrible by any means, and it has far more potential than the FM12 ME, which was stable, but ultimately limited in what it could do.

There are not enough attempted tackles, players move to the ball, but then don't actually make the attempt when they should, thus allowing mazy dribblers in particular to run through from from about 40 yards, its several smaller issues, combining to cause fairly severe issues, especially for those who rely on the keeper playing short (like myself), can find yourself conceding all sorts of comical goals

I've played a season now since the update, pressing is my only real issue with the ME, i thankfully havent come across many big bugs, a few keeper errors but i expect that, i dont use short keeper distribution so i dont notice any problem there may be in that respect. Pressing is my only real issue, players just dont press enough for me, if they sorted that out come friday i'd be a happy chappy. I think it would also help solve the issue of seeing your midfield play a hundred short passes across the middle of the park.

Everything else is good, player interaction works fine, the staff set up is great, training is much easier now and makes more sense. The UI is better when you find your way around it.

Transfers i think have gone backwards a bit in the sense that its now too easy to negotiate for players, Bale for £30m first offer accepted, Gotze the same, you should have to break the bank to get these guys. I preferred last year in that respect.

I've had a blast through the win something with kids challenge as well, what a brilliant idea the challenge mode is, i assume it uses the FMC set up, which again is brilliant, in 20 minutes i was already sitting down to start my first game of the season, it usually takes an evening to get to that stage in a new game. I dont like the attributes screen and it kinda puts me off FMC in a way, but for speed its absolutely brilliant, for anyone who doesnt have time, that is the way to play FM, you could blast a season in no time at all, ill be using FMC for any multiplayer games i play this time around, no question.

Not tested the new beta patch for long but its nice to see that you fixed the DOF minimum selling price , and is now only a guide for the DOF and not for the buying clubs.

cheers

I've played it for a good few hours and I'm impressed. I really like the new skin and accessing key information feels easier. The match engine seems a little clunky, e.g. after goals it judders as the camera pans back to the centre circle.

For a beta version it certainly feels good to me.

2 - They have looked into it slightly, teams now tend to ask for a bit more of the money up front, and for the total amount to be slightly more, and it tends not to be for their best prospects. If a player is transfer listed and they are asking for a fraction of his value, i.e. they really want rid of him, then you can still pay over 48 months, and there is nothing wrong with it. In the FM12 you could sign 90% of promising youngsters in europe for £0 up front and £1 million over 48 months. That is no longer the case. I do agree they need to look into it more, teams accepting money in installments should also demand lots of additional fees, especially for youngsters.

I'm sure it will be a lot harder with smaller teams. I started out randomly and got Spurs. I tried the 48 month exploit and was able to sign several players with 0 up front and all paid over 48 months - took a bit of haggling but I got there.

I'm sure it will be a lot harder with smaller teams. I started out randomly and got Spurs. I tried the 48 month exploit and was able to sign several players with 0 up front and all paid over 48 months - took a bit of haggling but I got there.

But was the total value the same or more than what you could have paid up front? If it is the same then that is a problem. If it is more then the problem has been adressed, just perhaps it needs to be adressed further, with teams demanding even more for installments.

The issue isn't whether or not teams accept 48 month installments, it is whether they do so in a manner which suggests it doesn't matter at all to them whether it is up front or in installments. Teams accepting 48 months installments is totally realistic, and how the game is intended to function, if they demand to be properly recompensed by that. Is that the case? I haven't been playing at big enough teams to properly find out.

I've had an issue with wage budgets. My budget is £125,000 and I'm currently spending £105,000 so there's plenty in the bank but I'm only being given the option to offer a 'Key Player' £1000 a week when he wants £6750. I don't understand why I'm not being given the option to offer him something closer to what he wants. He's 33 - do the board put caps on wages of older players?

We don't even know what is likely to be fixed for the full game release. If you started a new game with the basic 4-4-2 on the tactics screen, we shouldn't be seeing the results we have been doing.

What do you mean, does every club and playing staff play a 4-4-2 naturally? Of course not. There are no guarentee's with any formation at any time. If your looking for something like that you will struggle. Its also worth noting that SI do not attack formations when improving the ME, they attack weakness's in the ME, so if you suddenly find you are not doing as well as you were before the chances are you were taking advantage of a weakness in the ME.

Have you put any bids in for any other players?

Yes - it seems to be fine at other times. Thinking back, the same happened when I tried to sign a 36 year old keeper on a free transfer. I wonder if it is a case of the board deciding the worth of a player and deciding what's an acceptable wage for a player of that age.

Yes - it seems to be fine at other times. Thinking back, the same happened when I tried to sign a 36 year old keeper on a free transfer. I wonder if it is a case of the board deciding the worth of a player and deciding what's an acceptable wage for a player of that age.

What happens is when you bid for a player that money comes off your budget right away, it was to stop people bidding for heaps of players and cancelling all the tranfsers when asked to confirm. So in your case you have already offered most of the budget you have left to another player, until those negiotiations end, the board acts like that money has been spent.

What do you mean, does every club and playing staff play a 4-4-2 naturally? Of course not. There are no guarentee's with any formation at any time. If your looking for something like that you will struggle. Its also worth noting that SI do not attack formations when improving the ME, they attack weakness's in the ME, so if you suddenly find you are not doing as well as you were before the chances are you were taking advantage of a weakness in the ME.

If you are losing to far inferior teams no matter what tactics you play, that is a big weakness that was not present on previous games. It makes the whole game no fun to play and fun is the whole point is it not? No one sets aside so much time just to get wound up.

Edited to add: Also as i'm playing FM 12 again instead of this car crash of a game, i also noticed that even on maximum settings, the game engine doesn't make my pc sound like it's playing skyrim.

If you are losing to far inferior teams no matter what tactics you play, that is a big weakness that was not present on previous games. It makes the whole game no fun to play and fun is the whole point is it not? No one sets aside so much time just to get wound up.

If your losing to far inferiour teams, then your tactics will be at fault. When are you losing these games, pre-season? This game is about fun, yes, but you have to have a basic knowledge of football and you have to put that to good use, otherwise you will never get anywhere. Just setting up a 4-4-2 and pressing play will not get you anywhere in the long run.

What happens is when you bid for a player that money comes off your budget right away, it was to stop people bidding for heaps of players and cancelling all the tranfsers when asked to confirm. So in your case you have already offered most of the budget you have left to another player, until those negiotiations end, the board acts like that money has been spent.

He was the only player I was in for at the time but the same still stands. I'd bid £100K for him so that's going to affect the wages available. Fair enough.

If your losing to far inferior teams, then your tactics will be at fault. When are you losing these games, pre-season? This game is about fun, yes, but you have to have a basic knowledge of football and you have to put that to good use, otherwise you will never get anywhere. Just setting up a 4-4-2 and pressing play will not get you anywhere in the long run.

I've been playing these games since 2006 so you could say i know plenty. I used the basic 4-4-2 as an example and not the tactics i play and the ridiculous losses occur throughout the season and you know as well as i do that at a certain point, the respective differences in skills far outweigh tactical setup. What i'm saying is that if you took Barcelona and had them play ten matches against the bottom half of their table with wide and varying tactics, they would not lose most of those games by a large margin.

Can you understand what i am saying here? Because the beginning of your statement comes across as blind defense of a bug riddled match engine that a lot of people are complaining about.

I've been playing these games since 2006 so you could say i know plenty. I used the basic 4-4-2 as an example and not the tactics i play and the ridiculous losses occur throughout the season and you know as well as i do that at a certain point, the respective differences in skills far outweigh tactical setup. What i'm saying is that if you took Barcelona and had them play ten matches against the bottom half of their table with wide and varying tactics, they would not lose most of those games by a large margin.

Can you understand what i am saying here? Because the beginning of your statement comes across as blind defense of a bug riddled match engine that a lot of people are complaining about.

What im saying is if you are managing to make Barca play that bad, then your doing something very wrong. Game mechanics alone make that very difficult to achieve.

If you look i have posted several times about the issues i have with this ME, so please lets leave the blind defensive crap out of this. Its nothing about being blind to any issues, not unless your being blind to YOUR issues. Thats all im saying, its easy to blame the ME for every single thing that goes wrong, rather than looking at what you could be doing wrong. This ME is not perfect, not by a long shot, but you can still make a solid and logical tactic.

He was the only player I was in for at the time but the same still stands. I'd bid £100K for him so that's going to affect the wages available. Fair enough.

But hang on. I was only bidding for this guy and my transfer budget was sufficient as was my wage budget but I was still only being given the option to give him £1K a week. I maintain that the FC Utrecht board didn't want him because he is old and they are ageist. And that's the last thing we need in football at the moment.

What im saying is if you are managing to make Barca play that bad, then your doing something very wrong. Game mechanics alone make that very difficult to achieve.

What you are saying there makes my point exactly. It would be hard to do even when trying to make them that bad which brings me back to the old point of there being something horribly wrong with the match engine.

What you are saying there makes my point exactly. It would be hard to do even when trying to make them that bad which brings me back to the old point of there being something horribly wrong with the match engine.

Bad results show very little, not unless you have content to back up your point. What tactics, what players, what teams, what changes were made, why you feel the ME is to blame, a couple of sentences along the lines of "i lost to Granada with Barca, this ME is crap" prove nothing, and more than that, they turn people off from reading what possible genuine issues you may have come across.

I started a game with Man Utd, didnt do so well in pre-season in a tour of America, won only once, made changes where needed and after 6 EPL games i was top, only conceeded 4 goals. Does that prove the ME is spot on? Of course not, it proves nothing unless there is content behind it.

I've been playing Vitesse in the dutch league and in my second season, the team surpasses every team in the league and i can't remember who it was i was playing but their first team didn't even match up to my youth team. I played 10 matches against them with virtually every tactic i could think of and every time failed to win and in fact lost 8.

Ah so its one of those "i've reloaded a million times and still cannot win, the ME is crap" kinda things. Ill leave you too it, this has been discussed to death in other threads and i wont drag the feeback thread down with it. You can search the forums for previous posts on this kinda thing if you want to know why its a flawed way of proving anything in FM.

I wish you all the best with FM13 :)

• SI Staff
I've been playing Vitesse in the dutch league and in my second season, the team surpasses every team in the league and i can't remember who it was i was playing but their first team didn't even match up to my youth team. I played 10 matches against them with virtually every tactic i could think of and every time failed to win and in fact lost 8.

It has to be your setup then, surely?

Not sure if it's been reported, no time to read 9 pages of posts....

I got offered a 31 year old player with a value of £210k..........for £200m (yes million) on my Stoke save yesterday, made me laugh!

Was one of those emails from the agent 'client could be available for around £200m'.

On a plus side he looks a decent buy for £200k - so might sign him on another save.

I think i understood that there will be no data update on friday's release, correct me if i am wrong... but there is a gamebraker issue imho.. Udinese's Luis MMuriel is injured for 23 months ingame, while in reality he's only injured untill late November 2012. I raised this in the italian data issues topic but there is no response whatever for anything raised there. Could i have some official news about this, as it spoils completely the game for who wants to take up Udinese?

I think i understood that there will be no data update on friday's release, correct me if i am wrong... but there is a gamebraker issue imho.. Udinese's Luis MMuriel is injured for 23 months ingame, while in reality he's only injured untill late November 2012. I raised this in the italian data issues topic but there is no response whatever for anything raised there. Could i have some official news about this, as it spoils completely the game for who wants to take up Udinese?

Although your right as in if this is an issue or bug it should be rectified it's no really game breaking as come Friday you will have access to the editor and can amend it yourself :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just some random insanity from Real Madrid but they transfer listed Pedro Leon during the summer after the first season with an asking price of £5,000.....

I took advantage of that, I'm not proud, but I did.

Waste of £5,000

In my experience if a top team has a player with a reasonably high 'Value' set to an 'Asking Price' below £100,000, they often accept £0. You were robbed!

Although your right as in if this is an issue or bug it should be rectified it's no really game breaking as come Friday you will have access to the editor and can amend it yourself :)

Doh!! can't believe i did such noobie and didn't think of it! I actually am embarassed since i use the editor frequently :o :rolleyes:

Despite the people confusing difficulty with a working ME, and using the LAME old age excuse 'it's your tactics', SI are hopefully going to fix the next biggest ME flaw hopefully on the Friday update - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/323407-Pressing-where-is-in-this-FM-version

Also, does anyone else feel like there are far too many 'jumped unfairly with/pushed the keeper' fouls among the numerous disallowed goals?

Spot on.

Its still the area that needs desperately to improve imo

just had a player sign for me on a bosman and then come to me unhappy after one game because he wants first team football!

Had another player who did this before the first game!

Board confidence is all over the place as well, get promotion with Wolves and they are very pleased by the 1st summary of the season ( despite winning 2 drawing 2 when avoid relegation is aim ) I am down to being satisfied

I've never experienced the first, possibly just an isolated incident? Board confidence seems to reset at the beginning of every season based on expectations and what results you get against the varying caliber of teams. It's a bit like that irl, chairmen often want to know what you've done for them recently.

Archived