[FM13] Paris Saint-Germain F.C

MrSundlofer

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Plainlayzee, good to see so many giving PSG a try hopefully the thread will stay as active.

I've finally settled on a tactic for the season ahead, I've got two back ups ill keep tweaking but I'm feeling comfortable with this current set up and the performances it's producing. It's a rather unusual set up, it's a back 3 with a ball playing CB in the middle - 2 x WBs one on attack duty the other supporting - 2 x CM - 2 x IF one attack, one support and then a line front man as DLF attack.

The inside forwards are very threatening, their roaming infield seems to cause much confusion in the oppositions defense which is good to see. More adapting is needed but for the first time in this save I feel I have a decent foundation to work with.

Bienvenue Plainlayzee.

Hoarau, I like the sound of that and hope it works out well for you. I assume on each side of the pitch you have one support and one attack, e.g. LWB(S) and IFL (A). Who are you using in those 3 attacking roles? Are you still in pre-season and any luck with another LB/LWB yet?

Bienvenue Plainlayzee.

Hoarau, I like the sound of that and hope it works out well for you. I assume on each side of the pitch you have one support and one attack, e.g. LWB(S) and IFL (A). Who are you using in those 3 attacking roles? Are you still in pre-season and any luck with another LB/LWB yet?

It's the most stable I've felt, with some more tweaking I think I can achieve some success with it, yeah on the side with the WB(a) I have the IF(s) then on the other side it's WB(s), IF(a). I'm still trying to find a good combination for the two central midfielders.

I have at least 12 scout reports currently on there way to me on different left backs, there's a lad at Granada who's caught my eye. Also Chieck M'Bengiue from Toulouse seems like a decent option but I fear he could cost a hefty fee due to being a league rival. I'm still trying to negotiate with Man Utd for Evra but they are demanding quite a fee for someone his age.

How's the business end of you season going?

Good stuff Hoarau, having confidence in a settled tactic should allow you to concentrate on other stuff.

My season is going OK so far. We had 4 consecutive 0-0 results following my 4-0 victory over OM, including Chelsea at home in the Champions League. Then we hammered Lille 3-0 before two second-half goals saw us win 2-1 and progress in Europe at Stamford Bridge. I was disappointed that their 93rd minute consolation goal ended my 6 game run of clean sheets, but that was eclipsed when Real Madrid were drawn as our opponents for the 2nd knockout stage! In the league we are now top by a few points from Lyon after re-discovering how to score. The last two games were 3-2 wins at Nice (they shocked me with a flat 343 against me - fair play to them for bravado!) and a 4-0 home win against Stade de Reims. Formation and tactics remain the same as always.

On the player front, Giroud has just ended a goal-drought of 13 hours, and Gameiro has been an 'anti-Adebayor' and started scoring after signing a new contract. Gomis has joined Cabaye on the injury list but should be back in 3-4 weeks. Corchia and Digne have provided an attacking threat and source of assists whilst Mathieu and Jallet have been injured.

I'm addressing contracts but Menez who is a bench option wants too much at the moment (contract ends summer 2014) so he may be off unless he lowers his demands. I may let Mathieu go at the end of the season unless a cheap one year deal is accepted, but he has been an excellent buy. I'm going through extending my 2015 expiries too, although we have a stand-off with Zouma's agent over my tight wage structure. I won't let him leave but trying to edge it to nearer my preferred figure (circa £70k to £75k p/w). Gameiro, Maupay, Ongenda and Chantome have all signed up for another 4-5 years and the other key players have 2-3 years left so are fine for now.

It's the most stable I've felt, with some more tweaking I think I can achieve some success with it, yeah on the side with the WB(a) I have the IF(s) then on the other side it's WB(s), IF(a). I'm still trying to find a good combination for the two central midfielders.

I have at least 12 scout reports currently on there way to me on different left backs, there's a lad at Granada who's caught my eye. Also Chieck M'Bengiue from Toulouse seems like a decent option but I fear he could cost a hefty fee due to being a league rival. I'm still trying to negotiate with Man Utd for Evra but they are demanding quite a fee for someone his age.

How's the business end of you season going?

Sounds like a decent formation there. I'd suggest a DLP (D) and MC (S) as a good option. I've got Morgan Schneiderlin as my DLP (S) and he also has the pre-bought PPM of "Gets Forward Often" which means I need to have a defensive player with him to cover any gaps he might leave. There is also the possibility of turning your ball playing defender into your play maker and having your midfielders as an MC(D) and MC(S)

I do love this new ME, 3 at the back works finally and there are so many considerations and options available to try and perfect.

Good stuff Hoarau, having confidence in a settled tactic should allow you to concentrate on other stuff.

My season is going OK so far. We had 4 consecutive 0-0 results following my 4-0 victory over OM, including Chelsea at home in the Champions League. Then we hammered Lille 3-0 before two second-half goals saw us win 2-1 and progress in Europe at Stamford Bridge. I was disappointed that their 93rd minute consolation goal ended my 6 game run of clean sheets, but that was eclipsed when Real Madrid were drawn as our opponents for the 2nd knockout stage! In the league we are now top by a few points from Lyon after re-discovering how to score. The last two games were 3-2 wins at Nice (they shocked me with a flat 343 against me - fair play to them for bravado!) and a 4-0 home win against Stade de Reims. Formation and tactics remain the same as always.

On the player front, Giroud has just ended a goal-drought of 13 hours, and Gameiro has been an 'anti-Adebayor' and started scoring after signing a new contract. Gomis has joined Cabaye on the injury list but should be back in 3-4 weeks. Corchia and Digne have provided an attacking threat and source of assists whilst Mathieu and Jallet have been injured.

I'm addressing contracts but Menez who is a bench option wants too much at the moment (contract ends summer 2014) so he may be off unless he lowers his demands. I may let Mathieu go at the end of the season unless a cheap one year deal is accepted, but he has been an excellent buy. I'm going through extending my 2015 expiries too, although we have a stand-off with Zouma's agent over my tight wage structure. I won't let him leave but trying to edge it to nearer my preferred figure (circa £70k to £75k p/w). Gameiro, Maupay, Ongenda and Chantome have all signed up for another 4-5 years and the other key players have 2-3 years left so are fine for now.

Good going in the league, you seem to be winning games that the team are having a go at you, that's something I struggled with last season. How have Marsille and Lyon strengthen or weakened in your save? Would you say they are your biggest challengers?

How's your youth intake been? Mines was very poor last season, I've upped the junior coaching to see if that improves this years.

Sounds like a decent formation there. I'd suggest a DLP (D) and MC (S) as a good option. I've got Morgan Schneiderlin as my DLP (S) and he also has the pre-bought PPM of "Gets Forward Often" which means I need to have a defensive player with him to cover any gaps he might leave. There is also the possibility of turning your ball playing defender into your play maker and having your midfielders as an MC(D) and MC(S)

I do love this new ME, 3 at the back works finally and there are so many considerations and options available to try and perfect.

Sorry for the double post.

I too enjoy the option now of successfully being able to implement a back 3, I really like the idea of a sweeper/liberio but finding someone suitable and also making the role work within a framework is out of my ability right now..

That's funny I've actually been looking at Morgan but I have an over abundance of midfielders for those two slots. Currently I have Cabaye playing in the DLP(s) role but its the partner I'm struggling with, I want to use M'Villa/Wanyama next to him and I've got them as a basic CM(d) at the moment.

Agree with you both. It's the first version I ever moved away from a back 4 and it's a great change, though I am not sure if a back 4 can now work at all now? Even my League 1 save with a squad suited for 442 was awful on the new update until I switched to 352 with WB.

Hoarau, I have my CM pair as DLP(S) and CM(D) to get the balance, with AM(S) ahead of them. If you don't have the CB as your BPD then I would have thought that your DLP(S) and CM(D) combo would work about right. I looked at Morgan too but didn't need an extra CM at the time. You could have saved a season by having 3 CB and wing-back's afterall - although it's part of the fun to discover things yourself!

Last season Lille were leading until right near the end, but this season they are 13th and only 4 points above the drop zone. I think Montpellier and Nice were the next best from memory. This season, Lyon have upped their game (not close last season) but alot of smaller clubs are doing very well (Valenciennes, Nancy, Toulouse, Ajaccio, Evian, Reims follow Lyon in order of merit, then OM in 9th). I don't actually even look at youth intake as I never use newgens or regens. I like having young players come through but only real ones from the actual starting squads (ideally mine but occasionally types like Maupay). I think I am a bit odd because everybody raves about youth intake and fake players.

Agree with you both. It's the first version I ever moved away from a back 4 and it's a great change, though I am not sure if a back 4 can now work at all now? Even my League 1 save with a squad suited for 442 was awful on the new update until I switched to 352 with WB.

Hoarau, I have my CM pair as DLP(S) and CM(D) to get the balance, with AM(S) ahead of them. If you don't have the CB as your BPD then I would have thought that your DLP(S) and CM(D) combo would work about right. I looked at Morgan too but didn't need an extra CM at the time. You could have saved a season by having 3 CB and wing-back's afterall - although it's part of the fun to discover things yourself!

Last season Lille were leading until right near the end, but this season they are 13th and only 4 points above the drop zone. I think Montpellier and Nice were the next best from memory. This season, Lyon have upped their game (not close last season) but alot of smaller clubs are doing very well (Valenciennes, Nancy, Toulouse, Ajaccio, Evian, Reims follow Lyon in order of merit, then OM in 9th). I don't actually even look at youth intake as I never use newgens or regens. I like having young players come through but only real ones from the actual starting squads (ideally mine but occasionally types like Maupay). I think I am a bit odd because everybody raves about youth intake and fake players.

Ahh Jogo you're missing out. The new youth intake is the best part of the game in my opinion. While buying young "real" players is the starting point, they've already had most of their development done by researchers of their clubs. A youth "newgen" comes to you with many flaws and shortcomings, there is nothing more fun than taking a raw player and making him your teams star.

You at least know you've had a huge influence in making these lads into true stars from scratch...:)

Ahh Jogo you're missing out. The new youth intake is the best part of the game in my opinion. While buying young "real" players is the starting point, they've already had most of their development done by researchers of their clubs. A youth "newgen" comes to you with many flaws and shortcomings, there is nothing more fun than taking a raw player and making him your teams star.

You at least know you've had a huge influence in making these lads into true stars from scratch...:)

I understand your point there Gary and I really can see a sense of pride in that. My saves normally last 2-3 seasons - the longest ever for me was 4 seasons - so I guess newgens haven't ever been that significant to me. If I get some in my squad (via DOF) the most I ever do is sell them on straight away, but I only did that a couple of times as I felt I was cheating by generating cash that way. I know that IRL you do get youth players added each year so I don't know why I feel that way, maybe it's just the computerised faces that do it!!

Hiya guys I am starting a new game with PSG, any reccomendations on who to sign then, I would like to aim for an all French team, how much did you pay for each other, I usually go for the 48 month deals, especially as they have a tycoon who will keep bailing me out, any help would be much appreciated.

Unlucky Cesc, do you have it in you to have another go? I know how you feel I work full time & have two kids under 2 so don't have the time I used to to invest in FM. I also had a really poor season first time round with me on the cusp of getting the bulliet every game it felt, with a little perseverance, wiping the slate completely clean and almost ignoring your instincts within the game start a fresh and it's surprising how you'll develop a new outlook. Hope you stick at it man.

In my save I'm now too of the league and about to qualify for the Europa League group stages, I've won my last 6 games 2-0.. And the team is playing some really nice football while staying solid at the back. My front man Aubameyang is really impressing with 4 goals in 5 games(might be better, not at home just now) but he's also really bringing others into play with his link up play. The only trouble I'm having is the IF(a) on the left of my formation, both Bernard and Pastore seem to be struggling, something ill have a deeper look at.

Transfers wise I'm done for this season, I have however agree an £11m deal to bring in Sebastian Corchia next season.

Has anyone had any experience with Antione Griezmann? I have the option of agreeing a deal of around £14m for him for next season.

Hiya guys just to update you with my PSG game, won my first game in charge against Lorient 3-0, Ibrahimovic got 2 goals and man of the match, tried getting rid of him as well but nobody wanted him, glad I kept him now, James Rodriguez my 22m signing from Porto got the other goal.

So far my transfers are the following.

In

Tristian Berghuis - 700k

Neal Maupay - 1.3m

Zakaria Bakkali - 900k

Cristian Tello - 8.75m

James Rodriguez - 22m

Marouanne Fellani - 25m

Kurt Zouma - 15m

Yassine Benzia - 7.5m

Jetro Williems - Season Loan

Lucas Digne - 8m

Serge Aurier - 8.5m

Out

Mexwell - Season Loan

Alex - 4.5m

Sylvian Armand - 1.5m

Thiago Motta - Season Loan

Kevin Gameiro - Season Loan

Zoumma Camara - 1m

Thiago Silva - Season Loan

Siaka Tiene - 1m

Also sent a few young players out on loan.

Will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Bonjour again lol, just a quick update, played 4 games, won 2, drew 1 and lost 1, you know the first result so wont bore you with that again, I beat Ajaccio 1-0 away with Ibrahamovic scoring again, drew at home 0-0 to Bordeaux and then lost away 1-0 to Lille, will keep you guys posted with further developments.

Solid results Hoarau, it sounds like the new formation is working well. Whilst the new defensive system is probably most significant, it's nice if it's pleasing on the eye too. You're getting a good contribution from Aubameyang. Do you get much out of Gameiro?

I don't use IF and never managed Bernard, but it is a surprise to hear that he hasn't really performed. I've never managed Griezmann either, but I know some of the guys on the Bilbao thread have signed him. Maybe worth a look in there? Corchia will be superb and that's a fair price for him.

Right guys, made my start.

So far I have signed Fellani (23m) Cabaye (17m) and Verane (18m). I only have a net spend of 30m though as I sold an awful lot of the deadwood.

I don't particulary have a transfer policy in mind. Sell the older deadwood, sign some quality for the first season or two and get some success and then look towards the youth.

The board have already agreed to upgrade the training facilities for the both the first team and youth team which is good. They are also willing to buy the stadium once we have the funding.

League, played 3 and drew 1 which isn't too bad. The three games I have won 1-0 though which doesn't exactly fit into the boards request of 'attacking football'

CL - group is Chelsea, Zenit and Cluj. Confident I can get through that.

JUST GONE TOP OF THE LEAGUE :-)

How are you guys getting on in the Champions League, can't seem to be doing well in the Champions League, even lost to CFR Cluj, doing crap in the league currently 10th after 10 games any advice ?

Ibrahamovic is making it hard for me to sell him by getting 6 goals in the league so far and 9 goals in 11 games so far,

So far I have signed Fellani (23m) Cabaye (17m) and Verane (18m). I only have a net spend of 30m though as I sold an awful lot of the deadwood.

I don't particulary have a transfer policy in mind. Sell the older deadwood, sign some quality for the first season or two and get some success and then look towards the youth.

The board have already agreed to upgrade the training facilities for the both the first team and youth team which is good. They are also willing to buy the stadium once we have the funding.

League, played 3 and drew 1 which isn't too bad. The three games I have won 1-0 though which doesn't exactly fit into the boards request of 'attacking football'

Nice going man, good to see someone else get started. Great fee for Varane there, be interested to see how Fellani does for you. Its taken Cabaye a season to settle but hes pure class.

What kind of shape you playing?

Solid results Hoarau, it sounds like the new formation is working well. Whilst the new defensive system is probably most significant, it's nice if it's pleasing on the eye too. You're getting a good contribution from Aubameyang. Do you get much out of Gameiro?

I don't use IF and never managed Bernard, but it is a surprise to hear that he hasn't really performed. I've never managed Griezmann either, but I know some of the guys on the Bilbao thread have signed him. Maybe worth a look in there? Corchia will be superb and that's a fair price for him.

Yeah the solidity of the backline has definetly helped set up a good base, its still a work in progress.

I think i was just panicking about Bernard, the young lad from Brazil has started to show glimpses of greatness and a few stunning goals, think he might need this season to bed in. I'll let you know about Griezmann in my next update, which ill be doing soon once i reach the January transfer window.

Yeah the solidity of the backline has definetly helped set up a good base, its still a work in progress.

I think i was just panicking about Bernard, the young lad from Brazil has started to show glimpses of greatness and a few stunning goals, think he might need this season to bed in. I'll let you know about Griezmann in my next update, which ill be doing soon once i reach the January transfer window.

Good stuff, looking forward to your update. It's always good to have some samba stars doing the business. Griezmann's stats look great if you decide to bring him in - though I have no idea how you use all these guys and keep them happy :)

Good stuff, looking forward to your update. It's always good to have some samba stars doing the business. Griezmann's stats look great if you decide to bring him in - though I have no idea how you use all these guys and keep them happy :)

With the history of PSG i feel its an important element to maintain, South American flavour. Hopefully get the update posted tomorrow.

I have no idea either man, although i've even managed give Bahebeck, Rabiot, Fofana & Ongenda some game time..

Well, season 2 has just concluded over here.

Our Ligue 1 season went to the wire, but a 13-match unbeaten run to the end of the season saw us home. Ahead of the penultimate game, we lead Valenciennes only on goal difference. We hosted 3rd placed Lyon, who trailed us by 3 points, but a convincing 3-0 win at Parc des Princes ended their hope, whilst our nearest challengers stumbled to a 0-0 draw. A point at Stade Rennais would see us retain our title, and despite going a goal down early on, we fought back and edged ahead. Another slip levelled it, but a 78th minute breakaway goal by Corchia sealed it in style.

Our French Cup form was patchy to say the least, with youngsters and squad players being given a fair few games. Our first game (Round 9) was a 5-0 stroll, but then we triumphed via extra time, penalties, stoppage time and extra time again (take that Lyon) to meet Ligue 1 wooden-spoonists Caen in the Final. It ended 0-0 after 90 minutes before we took an extra time lead. Our luck finally ran out though when they equalised after 117 minutes, and then finished us off 4-2 on penalties. Heartache there, and the end of a 19-game unbeaten run in all competitions, but 'c'est la vie'. Happily I was able to re-focus the team to win the final 3 league games and banish the memory of that disappointment. However, this Cup defeat was far from the worst moment of the campaign....

Our Champions League form was superb, initially taking 4 points off Barca in the group as we qualified in 2nd place comfortably. In the knockout stages, a 2-1 win in the second leg at Chelsea (their goal after 93 minutes) following a 0-0 home draw in the first leg set us up against Real Madrid in the QF. We edged it 1-0 in Paris (Ciani 84 mins), and surprised even myself with a 2-0 win in the return at The Bernabeu (an own goal and a late Gameiro penalty doing the damage). Our challengers didn't get any easier, as we took on Man Utd in the semi-finals. Yet another clean sheet earned a solid 0-0 at Old Trafford though, before turning them over 3-0 in the home leg (Giroud 67, Corchia 89, Mathieu 90+2). The fact that our two wing-back's scored those late goals was true testimony to our attacking style. Not once in any competition did we sacrifice our formation, shape or even standard philosophy. Never did we go rigid, contain, play to defend or counter attack, although I think the latter happened naturally with our wing-back's incredible energy. Yet despite this positivity, only that 93rd minute goal from Chelsea had hit our net in 6 tricky knockout European matches. Our Ligue 1 defensive record was also by far the best in France (joint-top scorers there too, for the record).

So, who would we face in the 2014 Champions League Final at Benfica's 'Estadio da Luz'? Only our fellow Middle-East owned friends, Manchester City - the very same team that knocked us out in the first qualifying stage in 2013. The script was written for us surely? Well, in truth maybe not. We had been dogged by injuries since the New Year. Cabaye (5 months), Jallet (3 months), Gomis (2.5 months and then injured on his return), Bodmer (3 months), Matuidi, Capoue, Chantome and Mathieu had all missed plenty of games in the run-in. The latter two just about scraped themselves off the floor for the final, but I had been picking based on availability alone, and wedging people in to unfamiliar positions - particularly in defence and midfield. Even Corchia, my only fit RWB (and who had just missed the crucial Lyon league game through suspension) was suddenly out for the Final. Zouma was yet again called to deputise at RWB, whilst a hasty loan recall saw Loick Landre named on the bench, and for the very first time on my PSG team sheet. Even youngsters like Rabiot had been injured at times, and now when he was desparately needed, he was travelling back from French duty.

But I wasn't going to compromise, I had reached this Final without one single minute of first team action from any non-French players in any first team match this season - and I couldn't change that now. So, sorry Momo Sissoko, but you would have to watch on TV instead. Erstwhile substitute Jeremy Menez (filling the AMC role vacated by having to drop Moussa Sissoko deeper) strode through to fire us ahead after 32 minutes and all seemed fine and dandy, at least until Zlatan Ibrahimovic (booted out by me in Season 1) crossed for Zabaleta to equalise after 67 minutes. I still felt confident, and as the clock ticked over (real time viewing for this one) the very least we expected was a chance to finish them off in extra time. However in the most tragic of circumstances - and with 93 minutes showing - David Silva found space inside our box, and rifled home from 10-yards to destroy our brave challenge. Ironically, in the Stadium of Light, it felt like the lights had been switched off without any fair warning. We had no time to react, and as the noisy neighbours celebrated, I was left to vow that we would return next year, and go that one step further.

Ligue1_OverviewStages-2_zpse9f9518b.png

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-3_zps8de0e959.png

Hi guys,

I am currently finding 3 at the back is the best way to play. Then either two wing backs or two wingers (depending on home/away and strength of opposition)

Lavezzi isn't really doing much at the minute.

Some of Europe's top players are transfer listed, Lawendowski, Falcao, Fernando Torres and Cavani are all t/listed due to their teams poor league position. I will be honest, for 10.5 million I am tempted to get Mr Torres, he is better on this game than in real life right?

League I am 7 points clear, played 14, won 11, drew 3. I have been playing quite defensive and nicking 1-0 wins most weeks to be honest, but my aim is to get the title wrapped up ASAP.

CL, every game in the group seems to have been a draw. Only Zenit have got a maximum points v Cluj, every other game a draw. I have 4 points, same as Chelsea, Zenit top but I have them to play at home.

Hi guys,

I am currently finding 3 at the back is the best way to play. Then either two wing backs or two wingers (depending on home/away and strength of opposition)

Some of Europe's top players are transfer listed, Lawendowski, Falcao, Fernando Torres and Cavani are all t/listed due to their teams poor league position. I will be honest, for 10.5 million I am tempted to get Mr Torres, he is better on this game than in real life right?

League I am 7 points clear, played 14, won 11, drew 3. I have been playing quite defensive and nicking 1-0 wins most weeks to be honest, but my aim is to get the title wrapped up ASAP.

CL, every game in the group seems to have been a draw. Only Zenit have got a maximum points v Cluj, every other game a draw. I have 4 points, same as Chelsea, Zenit top but I have them to play at home.

Agreed, 3 at the back and WB is the way to go. That is some top striking talent available (and Torres). I wouldn't go for him but yeah he MUST be better in-game than IRL. Lisandro Lopez (Lyon) always seems to score well if he interests you too.

Solid form there, a very good start. Given time, hopefully your attacking side will fall in to place. I hope your CL campaign ends better than mine!

Jogo

What a season man, where to start..

Impressive run in the league at the tail end, 16 games unbeaten!? Think the most I've managed in this save has been 6/7. Well done sealing up the league in such style. Who were your top performers in the league?

Did any French players perform for other teams in the league enough for you to take notice? I've have a handful I have to recommend you check out.

That was some showing in the Champions League, congrats and unlucky at the same time. Very impressed with the scalped you took en route to the final. Killer in the final, Manchester City are a nightmare sometimes, do you feel as though they are just a step above you? Due to the investment they make in FM(sometimes buying when not needed). How do you plan to conquer them next year should you run into them?

How did the young players get on? Did you manage to give the likes of Rabiot, Landre, Bahebeck, Ongenda or Maupay much play?

I'm very interested to see who, if at all, you strengthen your squad with in the coming window. These two have stood out in Ligue 1 this season for me and are a good age aswell, Enzo Reale(FC Lorient) & Nicolas Isimat-Mirin(Valenciennes) might be worth a scout as your looking for French only.

Great read man.

Hi guys,

I've now accepted that 3 at the back is the way to go, much more stable. Glad to see its working for you, how good defensively are you finding it when you play with wingers, or ML & MR?

I would stay well clear of Torres man, with backing we have you could invest that much wiser. If your looking for a striker I recommend bey favourably Pierre Emerick Abuyameng(sp) from St Etennie, he has 14 goals in 17 games so far. Although cant really go wrong with either Cavani or Lewondowski..

Going great in the league there aswell, that's some lead.

Jogo

What a season man, where to start..

Impressive run in the league at the tail end, 16 games unbeaten!? Think the most I've managed in this save has been 6/7. Well done sealing up the league in such style. Who were your top performers in the league?

Did any French players perform for other teams in the league enough for you to take notice? I've have a handful I have to recommend you check out.

That was some showing in the Champions League, congrats and unlucky at the same time. Very impressed with the scalped you took en route to the final. Killer in the final, Manchester City are a nightmare sometimes, do you feel as though they are just a step above you? Due to the investment they make in FM(sometimes buying when not needed). How do you plan to conquer them next year should you run into them?

How did the young players get on? Did you manage to give the likes of Rabiot, Landre, Bahebeck, Ongenda or Maupay much play?

I'm very interested to see who, if at all, you strengthen your squad with in the coming window. These two have stood out in Ligue 1 this season for me and are a good age aswell, Enzo Reale(FC Lorient) & Nicolas Isimat-Mirin(Valenciennes) might be worth a scout as your looking for French only.

Great read man.

Thanks alot mate it was impressive and painful at the same time! We had quite a few 0-0 results in amongst some pretty good scoring returns, and our home and away records were almost identical.

Stats wise, our centre back's (Zouma, Sakho, Ciani) were highest rated and probably most important, but the wing-back's (particularly Mathieu and Corchia) were not far behind and offered so much going forward. In midfield, Matuidi and Capoue were solid, and Moussa Sissoko (AMC) was a superb link player for the attack. Gameiro was our best striker, scoring 20 in all competitions, and his pace allowed him to add plenty of assists from the inside right channel. Our two French international 'keepers were reliable when called upon. Nobody did badly, but Cabaye, Chantome, Giroud and Gomis can do much better next time.

Reale keeps getting good marks in my game too, but Lorient were in Ligue 2 last season so I doubt if I would take a punt on him. Isimat-Mirin is a very highly rated player IRL too, and has been on my shortlist from the beginning. He has performed almost to the levels of my own CB trio and if/when I decide to buy another CB he would be a serious target for me. In the meantime, Teddy Mezague is a superb back-up (15 starts including the CL Final), very low maintenance and an absolute bargain for £140k. Youngsters like Rabiot, Maupay, Ongenda and Sanogo have had a few games and done well. They will feature even more next season, as will Landre and Bahebeck after their CL Final debut experiences!

I don't expect to do too much transfer business, but will have a think on that in the next few days. More RWB cover may be needed (Sidibe probably), and I need to keep Mathieu on a one-year contract extension and/or bring in a back-up for Digne there. Menez has been my bench AMC but terms on a new contract are not agreed, so we may need a replacement for that role if he walks away for free. The DLP role may need strengthening, although Rabiot will get more opportunities. Nothing too exciting planned really.

I genuinely feel we were equals to City at least, performances against the big teams were excellent and we have nothing to fear. In fact, with a slightly more normal injury situation, we may have just done it this time around. Time will tell if we have the mental strength or if it is downhill from here!

Good luck with your end of season challenges.

Alright lads haven't had any time to play with work and stuff the last few days but am off till wed night so should get some game time in

Good luck with the save

Well, season 2 has just concluded over here.

Our Ligue 1 season went to the wire, but a 13-match unbeaten run to the end of the season saw us home. Ahead of the penultimate game, we lead Valenciennes only on goal difference. We hosted 3rd placed Lyon, who trailed us by 3 points, but a convincing 3-0 win at Parc des Princes ended their hope, whilst our nearest challengers stumbled to a 0-0 draw. A point at Stade Rennais would see us retain our title, and despite going a goal down early on, we fought back and edged ahead. Another slip levelled it, but a 78th minute breakaway goal by Corchia sealed it in style.

Our French Cup form was patchy to say the least, with youngsters and squad players being given a fair few games. Our first game (Round 9) was a 5-0 stroll, but then we triumphed via extra time, penalties, stoppage time and extra time again (take that Lyon) to meet Ligue 1 wooden-spoonists Caen in the Final. It ended 0-0 after 90 minutes before we took an extra time lead. Our luck finally ran out though when they equalised after 117 minutes, and then finished us off 4-2 on penalties. Heartache there, and the end of a 19-game unbeaten run in all competitions, but 'c'est la vie'. Happily I was able to re-focus the team to win the final 3 league games and banish the memory of that disappointment. However, this Cup defeat was far from the worst moment of the campaign....

Our Champions League form was superb, initially taking 4 points off Barca in the group as we qualified in 2nd place comfortably. In the knockout stages, a 2-1 win in the second leg at Chelsea (their goal after 93 minutes) following a 0-0 home draw in the first leg set us up against Real Madrid in the QF. We edged it 1-0 in Paris (Ciani 84 mins), and surprised even myself with a 2-0 win in the return at The Bernabeu (an own goal and a late Gameiro penalty doing the damage). Our challengers didn't get any easier, as we took on Man Utd in the semi-finals. Yet another clean sheet earned a solid 0-0 at Old Trafford though, before turning them over 3-0 in the home leg (Giroud 67, Corchia 89, Mathieu 90+2). The fact that our two wing-back's scored those late goals was true testimony to our attacking style. Not once in any competition did we sacrifice our formation, shape or even standard philosophy. Never did we go rigid, contain, play to defend or counter attack, although I think the latter happened naturally with our wing-back's incredible energy. Yet despite this positivity, only that 93rd minute goal from Chelsea had hit our net in 6 tricky knockout European matches. Our Ligue 1 defensive record was also by far the best in France (joint-top scorers there too, for the record).

So, who would we face in the 2014 Champions League Final at Benfica's 'Estadio da Luz'? Only our fellow Middle-East owned friends, Manchester City - the very same team that knocked us out in the first qualifying stage in 2013. The script was written for us surely? Well, in truth maybe not. We had been dogged by injuries since the New Year. Cabaye (5 months), Jallet (3 months), Gomis (2.5 months and then injured on his return), Bodmer (3 months), Matuidi, Capoue, Chantome and Mathieu had all missed plenty of games in the run-in. The latter two just about scraped themselves off the floor for the final, but I had been picking based on availability alone, and wedging people in to unfamiliar positions - particularly in defence and midfield. Even Corchia, my only fit RWB (and who had just missed the crucial Lyon league game through suspension) was suddenly out for the Final. Zouma was yet again called to deputise at RWB, whilst a hasty loan recall saw Loick Landre named on the bench, and for the very first time on my PSG team sheet. Even youngsters like Rabiot had been injured at times, and now when he was desparately needed, he was travelling back from French duty.

But I wasn't going to compromise, I had reached this Final without one single minute of first team action from any non-French players in any first team match this season - and I couldn't change that now. So, sorry Momo Sissoko, but you would have to watch on TV instead. Erstwhile substitute Jeremy Menez (filling the AMC role vacated by having to drop Moussa Sissoko deeper) strode through to fire us ahead after 32 minutes and all seemed fine and dandy, at least until Zlatan Ibrahimovic (booted out by me in Season 1) crossed for Zabaleta to equalise after 67 minutes. I still felt confident, and as the clock ticked over (real time viewing for this one) the very least we expected was a chance to finish them off in extra time. However in the most tragic of circumstances - and with 93 minutes showing - David Silva found space inside our box, and rifled home from 10-yards to destroy our brave challenge. Ironically, in the Stadium of Light, it felt like the lights had been switched off without any fair warning. We had no time to react, and as the noisy neighbours celebrated, I was left to vow that we would return next year, and go that one step further.

Ligue1_OverviewStages-2_zpse9f9518b.png

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-3_zps8de0e959.png

Well done on a great season and unlucky with the Champions League

Hi guys,

If my formation doesn't work out looks like ill have to make my own three at the back

Thanks alot mate it was impressive and painful at the same time! We had quite a few 0-0 results in amongst some pretty good scoring returns, and our home and away records were almost identical.

Stats wise, our centre back's (Zouma, Sakho, Ciani) were highest rated and probably most important, but the wing-back's (particularly Mathieu and Corchia) were not far behind and offered so much going forward. In midfield, Matuidi and Capoue were solid, and Moussa Sissoko (AMC) was a superb link player for the attack. Gameiro was our best striker, scoring 20 in all competitions, and his pace allowed him to add plenty of assists from the inside right channel. Our two French international 'keepers were reliable when called upon. Nobody did badly, but Cabaye, Chantome, Giroud and Gomis can do much better next time.

Reale keeps getting good marks in my game too, but Lorient were in Ligue 2 last season so I doubt if I would take a punt on him. Isimat-Mirin is a very highly rated player IRL too, and has been on my shortlist from the beginning. He has performed almost to the levels of my own CB trio and if/when I decide to buy another CB he would be a serious target for me. In the meantime, Teddy Mezague is a superb back-up (15 starts including the CL Final), very low maintenance and an absolute bargain for £140k. Youngsters like Rabiot, Maupay, Ongenda and Sanogo have had a few games and done well. They will feature even more next season, as will Landre and Bahebeck after their CL Final debut experiences!

I don't expect to do too much transfer business, but will have a think on that in the next few days. More RWB cover may be needed (Sidibe probably), and I need to keep Mathieu on a one-year contract extension and/or bring in a back-up for Digne there. Menez has been my bench AMC but terms on a new contract are not agreed, so we may need a replacement for that role if he walks away for free. The DLP role may need strengthening, although Rabiot will get more opportunities. Nothing too exciting planned really.

I genuinely feel we were equals to City at least, performances against the big teams were excellent and we have nothing to fear. In fact, with a slightly more normal injury situation, we may have just done it this time around. Time will tell if we have the mental strength or if it is downhill from here!

Good luck with your end of season challenges.

Ah no additions, I feel like som sort of wheeler dealer in comparison! I just wondered if yous be making a move for the likes of Benzema again? Nasri or Varane.. Someone to take you to the next level. I say that but your team as it is, is performing far better than mine who has spent a lot more so ill just shut up!

If Injuries go your way I see no reason why you can't take that next step. It's very impressive I must say Jogo how well you are sticking to your mantra, inspiring.

I myself have went the through nearly two season of turmoil, all of which ill hopefully share tonight. One bit of news from my save, after 16 hours of football i finally got Kevin Gamiero to score! Now he has 5 in ten which for him isn't bad when you consider his pervious dry spell...

Haha, I will have a look back at my transfers and see how many I actually made in my 2 seasons. We may not be that different.

I might take a look at Benzema again but not I'm not expecting a signing like that. I have a surplus of strikers really, with Giroud, Gameiro and Gomis already limiting the playing time of Charbonnier, Maupay, Ongenda and Sanogo. The likes of Varane could be a possibility at the end of next season when I will probably let Ciani go.

I need to psyche myself up for another season's planning and effort but yeah I made my resolutions and I'm a stubborn bugger so will stick to it!!

Gameiro has done very well for me. When Gomis joined I planned to use him from the bench more, but his injuries allowed KG to keep his place and it turned out well. Giroud on the other hand (despite 19 goals in all competitions) went on several spells of over 10 hours without a goal, and provided far fewer assists. Are you playing KG as an inside forward or as the outright striker?

Some good results lads,

I am playing this at the minute:

Areola

Silva

Sakho

Verane

Van der viel

Maxwell

Cabaye

Fellaini

Pastore

Lavezzi

Ibrahimovic

Been bit hit and miss my form but still haven't lost a game all season. It seems even if I don't perform very well I still get a scrappy draw, normally a 0-0. Defence is very solid and I hardly concede, however, I think my lack of goals is due to my reserved approach. My stats show me as a Benitez esc manager, win 1-0 away, win 2-0 at home. That's the pattern at the moment.

Up front lavezzi just isn't scoring at all, 3 all season, which means it is ibrahimovic or no one.

Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of players who are 'world class' that are transfer listed? Cavani, Torres, lawendowski, Lucas Leiva, juan Mata, Nasri, Hernandez, el shaw(ac Milan) and Suarez is unh. Chelsea and liverpool are in the relegation zones, city struggling, Mourinho has been sacked by Madrid....lots of big players available. Tempted to sign a few but don't want to just for the sake of it. Lucas might be a good addition though for European games??

hows everyone else doing?

Haha, I will have a look back at my transfers and see how many I actually made in my 2 seasons. We may not be that different.

I might take a look at Benzema again but not I'm not expecting a signing like that. I have a surplus of strikers really, with Giroud, Gameiro and Gomis already limiting the playing time of Charbonnier, Maupay, Ongenda and Sanogo. The likes of Varane could be a possibility at the end of next season when I will probably let Ciani go.

I need to psyche myself up for another season's planning and effort but yeah I made my resolutions and I'm a stubborn bugger so will stick to it!!

Gameiro has done very well for me. When Gomis joined I planned to use him from the bench more, but his injuries allowed KG to keep his place and it turned out well. Giroud on the other hand (despite 19 goals in all competitions) went on several spells of over 10 hours without a goal, and provided far fewer assists. Are you playing KG as an inside forward or as the outright striker?

That's funny, you've actually got more strikers than me! Although a couple of them are youth players you're pretty much covered for the future up top. I was stupidly trying to force Gamerio into Aubameyang's role as a DLP(a) but he really wasn't performing, then a simple wee switch to AF(a) saw him really up his performance.

Gearing yourself up? You starting to tire of the save?

Hoarau, yeah it's possible I will sell one of them on (Sanogo or Charbonnier maybe) and make some cash for our poor owners. Having said that, if any of the main 3 don't do it this season, they may be the ones looking for a new club! I am a bit concerned about Gomis but want to see him on an injury-free run first. Because of the low £6.25m fee, I know I can make a large profit on him if he doesn't perform anyway. But, as you say, the future of the club is in good hands, not just in attack.

The Gameiro improvement makes sense. I was using him as AF(A) as the right sided one of my two strikers and the damage he did in the inside right channel was very clear. The AF(A) role is definitely best for him in my opinion. Are you playing two upfront now, or has he taken the place of Aubameyang?

I'm not tiring yet. My limit is usually 3-4 seasons but this mission is keeping me interested - it's just a bit of a blow to miss out like we did.

I will look forward to seeing your Season 2 final review when you get to that point.

Plainlayzee, you're doing OK even if it's a bit hit and miss. Results are all-important, but hopefully the goals will flow soon. Maybe you need to change the formation or role to get more from Lavezzi, or try somebody else there?

Simple question this one, would you sign Mata? He is available and has just issued a 'come and get me plea' - transfer listed...would you? It's hard to resist.

At only 24 he is a good age, ideally him behind another world class striker would be great.

Think I need to figure out what sort of game I playing.

Unbeaten in the league, won the CL group in the end and Chelsea went out after finishing 3rd :p.

I don't want to just sign anyone and everyone but at the same time immediate success is needed so I don't get sacked, that will give me chance to develop the youth etc.

Sorry to double post, I am imploding at the minute, 4 draws from 5 games and only 4 goals scored in the 5 games....the team seems to be losing form big time. Luckily Marsaille remain 4 points behind in second but even still, worrying signs.

Zlatan is now out for 3 weeks so he won't be back until after Christmas. Due to me having such a small squad the players are tiring. I am going to be bringing in some squad players in January just to provide some cover for the first 11. William Gallas is one option, he is available for £0 and only wants 30k p/w, so that is one option as I only have 5 defends at the whole club.

Daily come and get me pleas from Falcao and Mata are hard to resist, although I do only have 9 million to spend so neither likely in January window. I am concerned if I don't get Mata now then Rafa will be sacked, he will come off the transfer list and I will never get him.

CL - Got MAN CITY :-) - time to test my tactics big time!

Dips in form seem quite normal but can turn around so don't panic. Maybe that link between midfield and attack isn't quite right, or the mentality needs adjusting.

Have you been stealing money from the club? It sounds like you have a small squad and no cash - have you not been selling your unwanted to re-balance your finances? I'd be interested to see your in's and out's that have put you in this position by December 2012.

How about promoting some reserves, which in season 1 is only going to be youngsters? The demands of Gallas don't seem too bad, but it's only a short term solution. Why not spend £140k on Teddy Mezague from Montpellier, he wants less than 10% of that salary, is young, and easily good enough for the first team or as cover. You can also look at loans to boost defensive numbers. If you are in December, are you not permitted to make a 'joker' signing from other French clubs before the actual winter window opens?

Good luck against Man City, they are owed a European beating after ending PSG hopes in both my seasons.

Dips in form seem quite normal but can turn around so don't panic. Maybe that link between midfield and attack isn't quite right, or the mentality needs adjusting.

Have you been stealing money from the club? It sounds like you have a small squad and no cash - have you not been selling your unwanted to re-balance your finances? I'd be interested to see your in's and out's that have put you in this position by December 2012.

How about promoting some reserves, which in season 1 is only going to be youngsters? The demands of Gallas don't seem too bad, but it's only a short term solution. Why not spend £140k on Teddy Mezague from Montpellier, he wants less than 10% of that salary, is young, and easily good enough for the first team or as cover. You can also look at loans to boost defensive numbers. If you are in December, are you not permitted to make a 'joker' signing from other French clubs before the actual winter window opens?

Good luck against Man City, they are owed a European beating after ending PSG hopes in both my seasons.

Hi,

With regards to signings, I brought in Fellaini, Cabaye and Verane who all cost me quite a bit, roughly 50m to be exact. There is well over 40m in the bank, the board just won't give me any of it.

Selling wise I can't really remember who went, I trimmed a lot of the deadwood, maybe 7/8 players and only replaced them with 3 which wasn't very clever I suppose looking back.

Chelsea just sacked Rafa, which I presume means Mata will now come of the t/list and want to stay. I did get mentioned as a possible replacement for him in the news feed which was nice. Also, just signed a new 1 year contract, I moaned to the board about my deal running out and said we needed long term stability, they have given me an extra year anyway which is handy.

Gallas has signed, low contract, short term deal, I have recommended him as a coach which has now produced the 'staff' tab, his stats are actually really good so I may make him a coach at the end of the year.

Never heard of the bloke from Montpellier but I will have a look tonight when I get in.

I am desperate for Falcao but unless the board increasae the budget it won't happen. Man City offered me 7m for Alex which I think I will accept. He is unh as Verane has taken his spot at the back so I could cash in whilst he still has some value I think.

How are you getting on?

In my opinion it's not that easy to play PSG. Yes they have tons of money but you have to find a way to integrate all the new players and form a successful team as soon as you can. And to be honest the board expactation in the Champions League is quite unrealistic with this squad. I have tried them once but failed to bring Ibra to score. Hopefully my second attempt will be better. :)

I agree Myxir, it's not easy at all.

Yes you may do well in the league and will always finish maybe top 2 or 3, but that would not be good enough for the board. You basically have to win every single competition you enter, including the CL if you don't want to be sacked. Luckily it seems to the board are OK with not winning the CL as long as you win the league, but I think if you win neither you would do well to keep your job.

As for signings, yes you can compete for the best players in the world, but fitting them into a formation, playing the attacking football the board want and keeping all the ego's happy is a challenge in itself!

Plainlayzee, if you haven't already done so, ask the board to increase your share of transfer revenue. They gave me 100% at the start of season 1.

That's a good fee for Alex, I sold him for only £4 million. Before you sell though, consider if your squad is big enough, or whether you need/can afford a replacement. If you are successful, injuries/suspensions/volume of fixtures will demand that you keep reasonable squad depth. The 'bloke from Montpellier' would let you do that and keep the £7 million. Another great option is Michael Ciani (£1.9 million purchase and now valued at £5 million for me). I like Gallas and although he is (too) old, if he has good coaching stats, that's a decent deal. Good luck on Mata and/or Falcao.

I'm still in June 2014, with nothing to report except that Jeremy Mathieu agreed a one-year extension on a reduced wage (£43k p/w). Contract talks with Jeremy Menez aren't getting anywhere. He has only been a bench option for two seasons and wants a wage increase from £56k to £100k. That's not going to happen as I only have one player earning more than £69k p/w. Meanwhile, Bodmer, Maxwell, Lugano and Momo Sissoko are about to be released - Bodmer was only a back-up and the latter three have just been eating wages in the Reserves for the last two years. As with last season, I have a transfer budget of £192 million remaining and my tight financial control means I am way under my wage budget.

Welcome Myxir, I hope you give it another go. Being in control of a rich club does bring it's own pressures. Be careful on the formation and squad blending, and you should find a way to succeed.

Played 2 games in the league so far and have drew both 1-1 :mad: first game they scored a free kick and second from a corner, anyway hoping for some better results as I finally have a few hrs to play :)

Good luck lfc7, give it time to settle down. Most of us struggled to win enough games right at the start, but if you stay unbeaten and have the right formation it should get better.

Got my first win next game then my save crashed and wont load up :mad: looks like I will have to start again :mad: will look to maybe break the squad up a bit more this time around

That's tough luck, good luck on attempt 2.

I was looking at the PSG line-up for Barca tonight and wondering who are all these guys, weren't they all (except Jallet and Matuidi) sold in 2012/2013? Seeing that reminded me just how much I did overhaul my squad since I took over!

That's tough luck, good luck on attempt 2.

I was looking at the PSG line-up for Barca tonight and wondering who are all these guys, weren't they all (except Jallet and Matuidi) sold in 2012/2013? Seeing that reminded me just how much I did overhaul my squad since I took over!

Haha I said I may break the squad up a bit more this time round, but don't think ill do it as much as you did

Archived