Sports Interactive Community
Romeo Valentino

FM13 Beta 4-4-1-1 Winged Wonders Tactic

I wouldnt - it is likely u will lose a lot of the defensive stability from having 2 banks of four. The benefits outweigh the negatives of having attacking wingers further up the pitch...

Could i put Wingers on AML/R?

This thread seems to have died a bit which is a shame as I think this is a good solid tactic.

Tested on FM13 DEMO with Newcastle United for half a season. I used the default squad apart from one signing; Arthur Boka, for £1million, as i had no

natural left footed left-back in the squad. (Great cheap player by the way)

Tweaks;

Changed central defenders to both CD def as this tactic employs a high line and offside trap and with a stopper cover partnership this leaves too much space. Also, in Taylor and

Coloccini, decent defenders but not ideal for those duties.

Focus passing changed to mixed. Primarily to exploit my good quality CM and AMC. You will get goals from all over with this setting.

Roaming on default. Some players are already set to roam such as wingers so i wanted others to stick to position in order to keep shape when not in possesion of ball,

englishpremierdivisionor.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see above the team far exceeded expectations, well on course for a top 4 finish and also in the semi final of league cup and knockout round of the Euro cup!

So all in all a very good tactic and had I played properly and made a few more appropriate signings/sales I could have probably dominated the league.

Well done Romeo!

I found a good modification to the existing 3 shouts.

If you are firm favourites, you can set strategy to overload, add in these 3 shouts (Get Ball Forward, Push Higher Up, Hassle Opponents) total will be 6 shouts.

So many positives to say about this tactic! First season with Newcastle and finished 2nd in the league (lost to Man U away last game of season and lost by 1pt - gutted but also won the Euro Cup! Cisse on fire in the poaching role with Ba a very able sub/deputy. Ben Arfa has got 18 gls and 18 assists in the AMC role - I've added him ticked as playmaker and play through the middle to get the most out of him. The rest of the midfield has chipped in ok but nothing massively special to be honest and I need to have a play with the centre mids for them to get higher ratings (Cabaye and Tiote but around 7) but the team results have been quality so don't want to change things too much (Obertain/Gutierrez/Ferguson on the wings quite average)

Discipline has been an issue with lots of bans for yellow and red cards but results dipped when I took tackling onto easy so perhaps this is just something you put up with...? I've used calm, go out and enjoy yourselves etc.. for most away games which makes everyone relaxed and play better! but havent used shouts at all and it seems to work fine. Thank you Romeo - with some better players lined up for 2nd season Im looking forward to seeing its success in the Champions League

Thanx for the feedback - your welcome - im working on a 3-5-1-1 atm - very promising results so far - played 10 games with everton - won 9 lost 1 - conceded 1 goal!!! Testing with Scunthorpe Utd now but the real life football will delay the posting of the tactic....

So many positives to say about this tactic! First season with Newcastle and finished 2nd in the league (lost to Man U away last game of season and lost by 1pt - gutted but also won the Euro Cup! Cisse on fire in the poaching role with Ba a very able sub/deputy. Ben Arfa has got 18 gls and 18 assists in the AMC role - I've added him ticked as playmaker and play through the middle to get the most out of him. The rest of the midfield has chipped in ok but nothing massively special to be honest and I need to have a play with the centre mids for them to get higher ratings (Cabaye and Tiote but around 7) but the team results have been quality so don't want to change things too much (Obertain/Gutierrez/Ferguson on the wings quite average)

Discipline has been an issue with lots of bans for yellow and red cards but results dipped when I took tackling onto easy so perhaps this is just something you put up with...? I've used calm, go out and enjoy yourselves etc.. for most away games which makes everyone relaxed and play better! but havent used shouts at all and it seems to work fine. Thank you Romeo - with some better players lined up for 2nd season Im looking forward to seeing its success in the Champions League

Thanx for the feedback - your welcome - im working on a 3-5-1-1 atm - very promising results so far - played 10 games with everton - won 9 lost 1 - conceded 1 goal!!! Testing with Scunthorpe Utd now but the real life football will delay the posting of the tactic....

Do you have a screenshot of the team instructions for the current formation before that?

Romeo. Is your new tactic a 3-3-2MC-AMC-ST exactly, coz in my save Wigan currently playing that way. First place after beating Liverpool, and ManU.

Hey...I was messing with the tactic and I chanced upon something quite efficient.

Basically Some modifications of the shouts and I'm getting some decent results. (Total 7 shouts)

shoutsj.th.jpg

When you need to see out the last 15 mins or so, Replace AMC with a Centre back and shift both Centre mids to Defensive mids and change strategy to Contain.

seeoutagame.th.jpg

Here are some results I got...

resultsz.th.jpg

Basically I ask my Asst Manager for OI every 15mins (He has tactical knowledge of 15, not sure if this is the governing attribute to setting good OI or not) and I prepare 'Attking Movement' match training for games I know I will win and 'Def. Set Pieces' for those away or hard games.

I've been a long time user of people's tactics as I just don't have the know how (or time!) to tinker with tactics. So to start my first save as Anderlecht I decided to give your tactic a try. Now Anderlecht don't really have much in the way of opposition in the domestic league but a 1-0 loss to Lokeren in the Belgian Super Cup didn't fill me with confidence.

Since then the tactic has done wonders for me. Although I'm 5 games from finishing the league, I'm 12 points clear with a 18-5-2 record. Both losses were 1-0 defeats away from home were we dominated but couldn't put the ball into the back of the net. By far though was my romp through a tough Champions League group with Valenica (1-1 draws in both games), Chelsea (3-3 draw after being 3-0 down with 13 minutes left, and 3-2 after squandering a 2-0 lead late on) and BATE (where we won 1-0 and drew 1-1) which most impressed me.

Of the games I've dropped points, it seems to be, like most goals conceded, that bugs in the ME are to blame (things such as defenders getting stuck in a jog animation etc.) although I have noticed when teams line-up with the same formation as myself they certainly tend to give me a tougher game. One of the ways I've been combating this is dropping one of MCs into the DM position as an anchor man and that seems to help somewhat.

Changing strategy to "Attacking" when away from home against weaker opposition also seems to yield slightly better results than that of a "Standard" strategy. But only change to Attacking if you aren't dominating the possession stakes. I've also found it useful to place the wingbacks higher up the field, particularly when in the second half and you're pushing against a weaker team.

equrdz.png

o94t2q.png

29lg4tx.png

Sorry to sound so stupid but how do you import this tactic into the Demo game?

It brings it up as a .tac file and windows wants to know what program to use to open it.

I'm with Linclon & lost 3-1 at home to Ebbsfleet first game I tried this, will stick with it for a few more games and report back. tbh I've pretty much been second best all game.

lost my first 2 with this tactic with Lincoln, then won my next 4.. then lost my last 3... don't think this tactic is for me but thanks for sharing.