FM13: Newcastle United - Alan Pardew and The Eight Year Plan.

tommonufc

Having bought FM13 at Christmas I have finally got around to starting a full game (done a few seasons on classic to get back into the swing of things, haven't played fully since May.

Near the end of July, and having signed Comolli as Director of Football, he has done an alright job of shipping people out (he can't shift Ranger or Elliot though, must try harder). What he can't seem to manage is to sign any players i put on his list. However, he has organised loan moves for Caulker and El Shaarawy. I'll update full transfers when I hit the end of August and the window closes, but just thought i'd share that I find Comolli only half useless :)

oh, and City tried to poach Campbell, but he signed a new contract with the Toon, stating his love for the club was the reason. Breathed a sigh of relief after that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DBurns

Cheers :thup:, fortunately the new boys in defence and midfield all fitted in reasonably quickly. Kirchhoff has been an absolute monster at the back, while playing Nainggolan alongside Tiote at times in midfield has been entertaining if a bit risky :p

@Tellos

Good luck with your save, I had Comolli as DoF on my other save and he actually did a pretty decent job finding players for me all in all. First season with us was a bit hit or miss, but picked up after. Nice that Campbell chose to stay with you rather than chase the money at City

hello guys, nice to see a newcastle thread here and i'm a fan of this club. As many had done before, i would like to share some pictures about some newcastle youngsters who have developed well for me after a few seasons. Some of these are known youngsters such as adam campbell , brandon miele, bigirimana, sammy ameobi, remie streete, greg olley, shane ferguson, liam smith. Is it ok to post so many screenshots?

sorry about the mistakes as english is not my first language.

hello guys, nice to see a newcastle thread here and i'm a fan of this club. As many had done before, i would like to share some pictures about some newcastle youngsters who have developed well for me after a few seasons. Some of these are known youngsters such as adam campbell , brandon miele, bigirimana, sammy ameobi, remie streete, greg olley, shane ferguson, liam smith. Is it ok to post so many screenshots?

sorry about the mistakes as english is not my first language.

Hello, yes is fine to post screenshots looking forward to seeing them :)

Don't know about you guys but i can't wait until the new patch comes out. NUFC are going to amazing. Role on March!!

I know the fans will be hoping that Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa and Sissoko are even half as good as they are on FM, amazed how cheaply they are picking up Sissoko if it goes through.

Well, the window isnt over but I've made all the deals I have planned and some i hadn't thanks to the DoF (namely Gameiro on loan with a view to purchase for 6.75m. during the last couple of matches he has started, the assistant has brought it up in game that he is struggling to communicate, despite all my midfielders and attackers on the pitch at that point in time speaking french!)

summer 12, 12/13

Transfers in -

Okore - 1.3m

Wellington Nem - 3.5m

Butland - 5.5m

Yttergard Jenssen - 1.3m

Ademilson - 5.25m

Adryan - 875k

and the DoFs work -

El Shaarawy - loan 100k p/m

Caulker - loan 70k p/m

Gameiro - loan 75k p/m, 6.75m future fee

Transfers out -

Simpson - Reading - 3.4m

Xisco - Wolves - 3.5m

Gosling - Leeds - loan

Abeid - Havre AC - Loan

Alnwick - Portsmouth - Loan

Good - ADO Den Haag - Loan

Henderson - Dag & Red - Free

Inman - Coventry - Loan

Tavenier - Dundee Utd - Loan 10k p/m

Moyo - Fleetwood - Loan

Ranger - Millwall - Loan 20k p/m, 230k future fee

I would have put out more on loan but after looking through on here I've decided a number are better kept and tutored rather than those who dont appear good enough to make the first team who have mainly gone out so i can try and increase their value to sell sometime in the future. Nobody wants Rob Elliot, even on a free transfer which I found a bit odd.

I'll post up a tactic when I sort one myself, had a poor pre-season and changed things up for the first league game (away at Stoke) which I won 2-0 thanks to 2 set pieces, Taylor heading in a corner and Cabaye putting in a rebound after his penalty was saved. worryingly despite playing 2 strikers for most of the game, both Ba and Gameiro were useless (Cisse was injured and has missed pre season)

The Start of October seemed a good time to stop and reflect on how the start has gone.

Some notes I made while playing through September -

Bloody City - with 1hr 15 of the transfer window left, they come in with 24.5m for Cabaye. Even if it was 15m more than that I'd still have said no due to the sheer cheek of trying so late. Typically, 15 mins later there is a mail saying Cabaye wants a wage boost, with the Agent refusing to budge from 60k p/w. I've made the offer, but i damn well hope he sticks to it for the remainder of the season. Typically the next match was against City and they hammered me, I was thankful to only lose 2-0 (only one shot on target for me, and they had 13 from 35).

Mid September Shola said that he felt he had achieved all he could at the club and wanted to move on, so I told him that he could go at the end of the season which surprisingly he agreed to.

I grabbed a screenshot of the finished transfers

Newcastle_TransfersHistory.png

Fixtures up to the current date, including goalscorers. One thing I havent managed yet is to score a goal in open play inside the 18 yard box. Or get Cisse to score for that matter.

NewcastleUnited_FixturesSchedule.png

My three tactics

The first is for at home in the league, or a game where I am comfortable attacking. I also somewhat arrogantly used it at City and they made me pay.

NewcastleUnited_TacticsOverview-3.png

The second, usually used in Europa League to allow my AMCs some game time and to have slightly more midfield strength

NewcastleUnited_TacticsOverview-2.png

The third is for mixing it up and to deal with narrow midfields

NewcastleUnited_TacticsOverview.png

Players are still bedding in (Cisse and Gameiro picked out as not communicating, Anita, Butland, El Shaarawry and Cisse not fitting yet) so hopefully the goals pick up. I don't mind where goals come from in the team as long as they come from, but with strikers the quality of Ba and Cisse (especially Cisse) I'd expect more from up front.

edit - Mid October and sad times, Ben Arfa had just been out injured for 4 weeks, comes back to light training and gets put out for another 2 months with a stress fracture :(

start of second season my current starting 11 is this

GK:krul

DR:santon

DC:taylor/ginter (rotation)

DC:coloccini

DL:De Cegile/Luke shaw

Mc (BWM defend)-Tiote

Mc (AP support)-cabaye ( when fit always seems to be injured) Livermore

AMR -winger attack-Zaha

AMC-advanced playmaker attack-will hughes

AML-winger attack-tom ince

ST-poacher-rotation between Ba, Hernandez, Campbell

anybody tempted to restart their NUFC saved games after the data update?

I'll certainly be starting a NUFC save after the update, if a striker comes in before the window shuts, Newcastle will be one of the strongest teams in the game on paper.

is there a official patch coming out soon?

There is a planned ME update and of course an official Data update as well...

my only worry about the new patch update is that they will reduce the abilities of existing players because of the poor first half of the season we've had...

so yeah looking forward to getting the new players at the club but what they give with one hand they will probably take away with the other....

my only worry about the new patch update is that they will reduce the abilities of existing players because of the poor first half of the season we've had...

so yeah looking forward to getting the new players at the club but what they give with one hand they will probably take away with the other....

That wouldn't be a surprise if it happened. Doubt I'll be starting a new save when the update comes out as I don't have the time to start yet another save :p Plus I'm pretty happy with how my squad is shaping up at the moment

Finished January transfer window (board was nice and gave me some more money to spend, provided i continue to challenge for the league title) and typically, the day after i send Williamson out on loan Steve Taylor gets put out for 3 months with his first injury of the season. With Caulker only on loan and not available for cup games, current pairing is Okore and Colo which seems to be ok, with Streete drafted onto the bench.

Newcastle_TransfersHistory-2.png

With Williamson and Shola asking to leave (and going out on loan) I found my HG core growing slim so Albrighton came in to replace Obertan for the rest of the season. Will have to have major reshuffle at the end of the season and sort out an actual team rather than having far too many forwards. Only got 3 HG in Toon players now which messed up my europa league squad, especially with the rules of having to have u21s play for 2 years at the club before they dont have to be registered (this was probably in last year but i didn't play much of last years)

competition wise I am in the first knockout round (vs Dundee utd) and in the FA Cup 5th round vs Arsenal. 2 points behind city in the league but have a game in hand. 26 played, 63 points

Presume this is just a misspelled request for me to update the opening posts; what exactly are you requesting me to update with?

sorry for the misspelling boss. would love to see Ba off the opening threads and the addition of Mbiwa, Haidara, Gouffran and Sissoko added, if you have the time that is

just reloaded a new game updated with the current batch of players.

love to see that the backroom is pretty much sorted for the long run.

staff1x.jpg

staff2.jpg

have signed the usual likes of wellington nem, adryan, okore and doria. now which british players should i sign to fulfill the quota?

End of Season 1 - 12/13

Treble!

League - 1st Place

I wasn't expecting to win the league but it was rather nice. City were level with us until their game 36 (our game 34) but then we took our games in hand and secured the title. Downside is Sunderland got relegated, so I can't get 6 points from them next season. I thumped them 4-0 in the last home game of the season to make up for this.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages.png

League fixtures 1 - - Cup Fixtures

Overall the fixture list was kind, but 5 games in the last 11 days were rotten, resulting in a poor draw at Norwich to end a great season. I expected my EL campaign to end against PSG (Ligue 1 Winners) and after that didn't happen I expected to lose to Dortmund (Bundesliga Winners). FA Cup was mostly kind, and there was great joy in putting 6 past Arsenal. In the League Cup we were given Chelsea in the 3rd Round so I saw a chance to go out early, but I didn't expect a hattrick from Ryan Bertrand.

Squad - Ranked by Av.Rating

NewcastleUnited_SquadPlayers.png

Unfortunately Caulker didn't have a future fee put in. Cisse didn't really start scoring until the second half of the season which was a shame, as he didn't managed to get a run of form going, partly due to my rotation. The goals were spread through the team with Nem being the highest scorer, probably due to his early EL form.

Development

A selection of players who I feel have developed nicely this season.

Okore

JoresOkore_OverviewAttributes.png

Bigirimana

GaelBigirimana_OverviewAttributes.png

Vuckic

HarisVuckic_OverviewAttributes.png

Butland

JackButland_OverviewAttributes.png

Clyne

NathanielClyne_OverviewAttributes.png

Streete

RemieStreete_OverviewAttributes.png

Adryan

Adryan_OverviewAttributes.png

Campbell

AdamCampbell_OverviewAttributes.png

Youth Players

Absolutely nothing from our intake above 2 stars, with only 4 being given contracts. To help them out, I bought some outside talent.

Ben Salem ST/AMR/L

Kunz German ST/AML

Lambert French DC

Schrijvers (not actually a regen) Belgian ST

Trevor - Real Name Muse Mbazumutima, which my housemate couldn't pronounce, so he was nicknamed Trevor. French AMC

So thats the first season done, might take a bit of a break as my dissertation is crying out for attention

Typical. just after Hernandez moves to Madrid because I decide I dont need another poacher, Cisse wants a new contract. I agree to try and sort something, but his agent wants a year less than his current deal and to move up to 95k p/w. Have told him to get stuffed, so may be selling Cisse in the near future. On the plus side, Spurs agreed on £13.5m for Caulker after initially wanting £21m

Hi Darren, enjoying the updates and vids. For your attacking left, inside forward role have you considered Scott Sinclair? I've not had much experience with him on FM13 but FM12 he was fantastic. I actually moved him to a striker role and he got 40+ goals a season. also very effective as a wide player.

Hello everyone, and Bonjour to any newcomers..

Work has been started on the January transfer update on the thread, but due to more pressing matters at this current time, work soon stopped; although, once patch has been released by SI I will fully update with necessary ramblings, and generally give the thread a bit of a spruce up. Once the update is out, I will be able to get the necessary screenshots, and every other magical piece of information needed to put in the thread; this will also coincide with the same time I will be back on Football Manager, hopefully enjoying another Newcastle save once again.

Until then, Salut, et bonne route!

Allez le Toon!

Just heard that Newcastle have terminated Xisco's contract, no more having to shift him in new saves :)

Been getting him shifted for 3.5m to wolves every save :)

Just binned my toon save from 4 seasons in to get the new frenchies, changed them over in the data editor for their default value and wages all set to sign august 01... Sissoko/Cabaye/Tiote is one hell of a midfield.

Got rid of Ba to Chelski aswel.

Just a shame we couldn't have sorted these players in the summer, could be up there in the top6 comfortably from what I have seen against Villa/Chelski.

Hi Darren, enjoying the updates and vids. For your attacking left, inside forward role have you considered Scott Sinclair? I've not had much experience with him on FM13 but FM12 he was fantastic. I actually moved him to a striker role and he got 40+ goals a season. also very effective as a wide player.

Thanks Nick!

I completely forgot about him, probably cos he's rotting in the City reserves in my game.

Done my first video update on my single player game. Next week i'll be back with our network/clan save.

[video=youtube;B3SSEXvQbGw]

Have you tried Viktor Fischer he is a really goo inside forward depends how well he has developed at ajax with the AI but i hihly recommend him as ive managed ajax and he ended up as my star player

Just starting 3rd season having won the FA Cup and the Prem! My side atm is:

Krul

Corchia Papadopolous Alderweireld Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Shaqiri Ben Arfa Gaitan

Llorente

Subs: Butland, Anita, Okore, Caulker, Willems, S.Taylor, Xhaka, W.Hughes, Menez, Isco, Bony, Cisse, A.Campbell

as well as

Cirigliano, Fischer, M.Bennett, Butland and Perin as youngsters.

Going for the Champs League now,

can't wait for the Jan update, going to try a 3-5-2 playing with the transfer window closed.

Has anyone else had the coaching staff saying you should train Shola as a Trequarista?

yep, I did just let them carry on to stop them pestering me about it. Stopped my initial save after the 1st season and started on the updated DB though I haven't booted up the game in a week thanks to Uni. Damn third year and actually having to do work

Alright folks, apologies for posting here but i was wondering if i can get some help from follow NUFC fans. Stupid question i know but how but if you set a first team player available for reserves how do you recall them so you only play for the first team? About to start and NUFC and can't remember how to do this as i want to start blooding the juniors without overdoing them.

EDIT: Not to worry folks I've tracked this down :)

Alright folks,

Only a few short weeks until patch 13.3 comes out with all the glorious updates from the past transfer window, which means Newcastle are expected to be some force. Being a Newcastle fan I’ve been holding off starting a save until this is released and now with it expected soon I can not wait.

Potentially, this could my last NUFC save as I simply don’t have the time to commit to FM anymore so I want to go out with a real bang. With this in mind, my aim is simply to turn Newcastle United into the greatest football team of the 21st century, creating a dynasty to rival the likes of Manchester United & Liverpool as well as European giants such as Bayern Munich, Real Madrid & Barcelona.

Aims:

- Achieve Champions League qualification within the first two seasons

- Win the premier league within three seasons

- Champions League trophy within four seasons

Squad

Very little change to the squad in the first season. At most I’ll likely bring in a couple of youngsters to the youth team but apart from that the squad will largely remain untouched. Going forward, I will probably address areas such as the striker and the wings, however, this will likely depend on formation. One player I will be keeping an eye on is a certain Andy Carroll. The romantic inside me loves the idea of him returning to SJP and if the opportunity arises I will certainly be interested.

Traditionally, I’m not a big transfer spender and will likely focus on developing youth players and investing in regens with huge potential. With this in mind, the one player who will play a key role in the development of this save is the young Adam Campbell.

I’ve read a lot of very exciting posts around this lad on the FM13 Forums and have therefore made it one of my key objectives to blood this youngster and turn him into the greatest goal scorer NUFC have ever seen. I know tommonufc has had some really good success with Campbell and I’m really excited about this lad leading my attack. Most likely I’ll use him as a poacher as I understand this is his best position, with Cisse tutoring him in the first few seasons, and blooding him from very earlier on in the game. One question I do have is over his training. My plan is to set him up on heavy training under poacher. Is there a risk he’ll burn out? What is the best approach to take in terms of training him?

Other youngsters I will focus on is young Remie Streete, who provided a decent squad player in FM12, as well as Sammy Ameobi and Gael Bigirimana. I’m prepared to give players like Vuckic, Ferguson and Good a chance in cup games but from previous experience I’ve found they’ve always struggled to step up. The dream however, is a Geordie strike force of Carroll and Campbell leading us to glory, however my preferred tactical approach might prevent this.

As for the dispensable players, again I won’t be making huge changes initially but likely Ranger and Williamson, will be heading out the door.

Tactics

From my observations the tactics that look like it will best suited for NUFC will be 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1. Currently I’m having very good success with Modern Warefare with a Wycombe Wanderers save, however, in order to get the most out of NUFC I think either of these would serve best. Traditionally, I have favoured the classic tactics largely a 4-4-2, pushing the wide men further ahead, however, I think this tactic seems to of had it’s day and am keen to really push ahead with these tactics. Again a message to the masses, have people enjoyed much success with this tactic?

Anyway, that’s all for now folks, I’ll keep you posted once the patch has been released!

Alright folks,

Squad

I’ve read a lot of very exciting posts around this lad on the FM13 Forums and have therefore made it one of my key objectives to blood this youngster and turn him into the greatest goal scorer NUFC have ever seen. I know tommonufc has had some really good success with Campbell and I’m really excited about this lad leading my attack. Most likely I’ll use him as a poacher as I understand this is his best position, with Cisse tutoring him in the first few seasons, and blooding him from very earlier on in the game. One question I do have is over his training. My plan is to set him up on heavy training under poacher. Is there a risk he’ll burn out? What is the best approach to take in terms of training him?

Anyway, that’s all for now folks, I’ll keep you posted once the patch has been released!

hello nickbirdspain, i'd like to share what little info i have in youngster development, as it is also the reason i'm going long term with a newcastle save. I fully agree that Campbell is very talented and his development rate is astounding, eventhough i'm the type that won't give youth regular first team until they reach around 22 years old. Initially, i suggest putting him on heavy "finishing" then " off the ball", and finally "poacher". i'm in favour of determination of at least 15, so getting Cisse to tutor him is great as he has the determination stats and good PPM for Campbell.

There are other youngsters worth noting too and up until 2016 in my save, some of the "2012 youngsters" are turning out well. In addition to Bigirimana, S. Ameobi, Streete, may i suggest taking a look at Miele too? He has the potential to be a first team regular.

Wishing you the best in your coming journey! :applause:

The Toon are going to be a great and popular choice on the new patch. I'd have loved to have Ba in addition to all the new French recruits. C'est la vie!

@nickbirdspain: With such grand plans don't forget to pay attention to Campbell's contract when you start. I tried FMC and had him poached within a week for something like £650k compo. I wasn't impressed and didn't know/expect that could happen.

Thanks very much guys. All very useful advice. First order of business will certainly be tying Campbell down to a long-term contract, and thanks Frozen for the tips on youngsters.

I managed to get Sammy Ameobi to a very decent squad level last time and plan on doing the same again. Likely is i'll let a few go out on loan to get experience and reassess for the following year. Out of interest has anyone not had success with Campbell? FM12 he was fairly decent and i'm sure i saw people get him to a decent squad level but now, he seems like its a matter of when not if, he becomes a star.

Just finished my 1st season with Newcastle! Really successful with some brilliant results throughout the competitions. Managed to finish 3rd in the league to get into Champions League next season! Also, managed to win the Europa League! The cups were disappointing due to me playing the reserves and youth mainly! Just looking for some advice though as to how i can turn my squad into League Contenders! Cisse, Kjaer, Cabaye and Wellington Nem were probably my best performers all season. Ba was a real disappointment due to constantly being injured. Ended up breaking his leg in early Feb and missing the rest of the season.

Anyways, here's the squad!

GK- Krul/Harper (contract expiring at the end of the season)

DR- Simpson/R. Taylor

DC- S. Taylor/Kjaer

DC - Coloccini/Okore

DL- Santon/R.Taylor

MR- Ben Arfa/Gutierrez

ML- Wellington Nem/Obertan/Ferguson

MC- Tiote/Anita

MC- Cabaye/Adryan

TM- Cisse/Ameobi

P- Ba (when fit)/Ademilson/Campbell

Thinking i'll probably want a young goalkeeper for the future, a new right-back and maybe a new striker? Any ideas on how i can improve the squad? And who did you guys buy/sell in order to mount a serious title challenge?

Only recently purchased this FM13 - a mixture of a heavy work schedule and an addiction to COD took up what little spare time I had. Seeing our January signings though has persuaded me to find time to play it.

So, I downloaded an update and am absolutely loving this game. Near the end of my first season now, sitting just inside the Champions League places 1 point clear of 5th placed Liverpool, with 2 games in hand.

Signed:

Ruben Yttegard Jenssen (valuable cover for Cabaye)

Yann Sommer (competition for Krul)

Wilfried Bony (replacement for Ba)

Stefan Strandberg (CB cover)

Adam Lallana (Ideal left winger for my tactic at the time)

Nathan Dyer (Impact sub)

Ademilson (cover up front)

David Beckham (cost £70k in January and is being paid £100 per week, just to tutor Bigi)

Jay Rodriguez (Ameobi got injured for the season in January, and with the loss of Cisse to the CON and Ademilson to some tournament I re-signed my FM12 legend)

Sold:

Jonas, Obertan, Simpson, Perchinho & Harper with a few more going out on loan.

Season started off poorly, losing our first 3 league games. I initially started with a 4-5-1/4-3-3, until I realised Cisse wasn't cut out to play up front alone. So, I switched to 4-4-2, and immediately regretted my decision to sell Jonas. Marveaux and Lallana have filled in superbly though, and even Shane Ferguson has put in a couple of good shifts when required.

I'm planning ahead for the new season already, and am looking to bring Carroll back, and maybe a new winger. I'm looking to move Colo on too, mainly because of his large wage but only if I get a good offer.

2013/13 - Season Summary

After much huffing and puffing I've finished the first season of my latest Newcastle save. Been painfully slow progress, partially due to a bit of illness where I couldn't be bothered switching on the computer and partially due to some sod persuading me to start playing Civ 5 multiplayer......

Anyway after all the shenanigans in the summer window listed in the earlier post above, not much happened during the January window. Not for want of trying, as I attempted to sign Eugene Konoplyanka but couldn't get Dnipro to set a price I was happy with (to add insult to injury Liverpool breezed in with a £24 million bid at the end of the season and scuppered my hopes of working out a deal in the summer). The only new arrivals were 2 new youngsters in the shape of Phil Huntley (a 4.5 star rated defensive midfielder) from Irish club Bohemians for £140,000 and Lenny Nangis (pacy left winger/striker) from French club Caen for £425,000. A few of the youth and fringe players went out on loan, but otherwise there were no major departures mid season.

Our season kicked off a little earlier than I'd anticipated as we had to play Europa League qualifiers, I had thought that the 7th placed finish under Pardew the season before meant we wouldn't have any European entanglements, but we ended up having a trip ot Kazakhstan to play FC Taraz, then Hungary to play Gyori ETO FC. Our reward for struggling through those early fixtures was a place in Group H against Benfica, Sheriff and Lille. We qualified second from the group and made it past Sevilla in the first knockout round. We came up short in the 2nd knockout round against Spurs, losing 4-3 on aggregate.

In the domestic cups we performed pretty abysmally. Getting knocked out in the 4th round of the League Cup by QPR was bad enough, but worse was to come in the FA Cup. Drawn against Bishop's Stortford (Bishop's Stortford for the of f......!!!!!) I rather cockily put out a squad full of reserves and youth players and promptly lost the game 3-2.

Fortunately we were more impressive in the league itself, some excellent results over the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea (both league games :cool:) helped us to grab second spot behind Man Utd, despite a couple of dips in form before Christmas and during the league run in.

The Results

newcastleunitedfixturesx.png

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

The League Table

englishpremierdivisionoi.png

The star performer throughout the was the newly arrived Jan Kirchhoff who was Mr Consistency at the heart of our defence, he finished with a fantastic average rating of 7.70 for his first season and 8 man of the match awards. Loan signing Marc Bartra ended up as Kirchhoff's 1st choice defensive partner after a slightly ropey start, finishing with an average rating of 7.60. Not surprisingly Hatem Ben Arfa was our most creative player, with 23 assists in 45 appearances (his 14 goals were pretty handy as well :D)

Of the 2 big signings in midfield, Nainggolan found his feet quickest and was key throughout. Andrea Poli took longer to get going but was showing some much better form in the second half of the season. Upfront Papiss Cisse grabbed 17 goals in 31 appearances and probably should have had more but for a couple of injury absences.

All in all a pretty satisfactory campaign, the cup results aside and I'm hoping to build on it during the summer transfer window by clearing out a little dead wood and adding some extra 1st team squad depth. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring the impressive Marc Bartra back to the club as despite agreeing a £14 million fee with Barcelona we got blown out of the water by Bayern Munich when it came to his wage demands.

Archived